GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='themon']hey quick question, I wanna trade some stuff and use a friends pur card and give him the points. when they ask for ID do they just verify that it is really the person trading, or do they take your info down? TIA[/QUOTE]

I don't get asked for ID, but I do get asked to sign the little screen to verify the trade. Dunno if they actually match that or anything.

[quote name='dyeknom']A lot of it is just cutting losses for something they will never play again, I just hate seeing the atrocious TIVs for the games that are not brand new, but within the past few months (what is it, 13 for DR2?)[/QUOTE]

I think the other part of it is just de-cluttering. People, including myself, can't justify throwing things away. It is a little bit easier to digest giving the game to Gamestop for a couple of bucks than simply throwing it away.

[quote name='Trance Addix']It honestly boggles my mind how people trade in games for considerably less than they paid.

I've only traded games twice to GS and both times I felt dirty, but also got away with a little more than I paid.[/QUOTE]

I look at it this way, I am 31, work full time and have very little time for video games anymore. Why should I keep something around that has been sitting in my office for years? I literally haven't picked up the GBA SP I traded in for years, what value is it offering me? I wont go back and play any of the games on it, should I just leave them there because I feel like I am not getting fair trade for something I bought 8 years ago?

I didn't get anywhere close to what I paid for the game... but like I said, it's 8 years old on a system that very few people play anymore. The people at my local gamestop treat me great, they are friendly, know me by name and go out of their way to help me out. People need to take the personal aspect out of it, it's a video game, hundreds... if not thousands (if you count mobile OS games) are released every month. They lose value quickly because people always move onto the next big thing. Could I have gotten more on Ebay? Maybe, but unlikely. It is the nature of the internet to complain, hell its the nature of the younger generation, the anonymity gives people the power to judge, nit pick, about everything. Get over yourself, seriously, they are video games! You enjoyed them, move on and let someone do the same.

/end of rant.

New Base TIV:

PSP
Infected - $1.50

Wii
Racing Wheel/Grip - $1.00

PS3
Wireless Keypad - $6.25

Same Base TIV:

PS3
USB-Mini Cable ($1.50)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys got some 360 and a ps3 title for the database.

Xbox 360:
Call of Duty MW2 = 4.00 after bonus 6.40
Alan Wake = 8.00 after bonus 12.80
Need for Speed Shift = 5.00 after bonus 8.00
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 = 20.00 after bonus 32.00

PS3:
Uncharted 2 Amoung Thieves = 7.00 after bonus 11.20

Total Trade-in Value = 70.40. I guess not to bad depending on most was older stuff. Hope this helps everyone out.

Thanks,

DarkClown12

:ps2: Hitman 2: Silent Assassin $0.80
:ps2: Hitman: Blood Money $1

Ugh, needed to get rid of those games. Never really got into Hitman and no time to play it too.

[quote name='chuckywang']Do different stores have different trade in values? The sign I see on my local Gamestop says Black Ops (both 360 and PS3) is $30 base.[/QUOTE]

Usually they are all the same. Either they forgot to change it from a few weeks ago or the values are going back up. My guess is they forgot to change it.

Trade in 12/15:

Base TIV

Uncharted 2 -$7.00
Dante's Inferno (ps3) - $7.00
Borderlands (xbox) - $5.00

All received 50% trade in bonus..Didnt have original case and manual for one game and no troubles trading them in.

Trades yesterday, all base:

MGS: PeaceWalker - psp - $8
Gran Turismo - psp- $4
Lunar: SSH - psp - $8
SMT: Persona 3 - psp - $8
ValkChronicles II - psp - $11
MAG - PS3 - $3
Fable III - 360 - $20
Monster Hunter Tri (game only) - $9

Total after +50% and 10% powerUP!!! was $113.60

I'm not bitching, was done with all those games. Picked up Nier for $11.69 and Dance Central and Kinect Sports for the kids/wife for Xmas with no money out of pocket.

Base trades all 360 as of 12-16-10

:360:
TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTRON -$9.00
ALPHA PROTOCOL-$5.00
MEDAL OF HONOR-$10.00
MADDEN 11-$18.00
HALO REACH-$17.00
FABLE 3-$20.00
60GB HARD DRIVE-$16.00

Pretty terrible trade in values of course i knew they would drop with the 50% geez

And I have finally rid myself of all my old consoles / games. TIV from today:

Gamecube: $10 (I got more for my gameboy SP's)

(all games are gamecube games)

Pikmin:
Base: 2.00
Promo + edge: 3.20 (total value of trade in)

Tony Hawks Underground:
Base: 1.00
Promo + edge: 1.60

1080 Avalanche:

Resident Evil 4:
Base: 3.00
Promo + edge: 4.80

Golden Eye: Rouge Agent:

Base: 1.75
Promo + edge: 2.81

Metroid Prime:
Base: .80
Promo + edge: 1.28

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker:
Base: 5.75
Promo + Edge: 9.21

Gamecube Controller:
Base: 6.00
+edge: 6.60

Memory Card 251:
Base: 5.25
+edge: 5.77

Total: 46.87

The trade ins from this promo (Gameboy SP's, Gamecube & 360 games) have left me with $227.81 in credit and nothing to buy :p

[quote name='freddyfromutah']And I have finally rid myself of all my old consoles / games. TIV from today:

Gamecube: $10 (I got more for my gameboy SP's)

(all games are gamecube games)

Pikmin:
Base: 2.00
Promo + edge: 3.20 (total value of trade in)

Tony Hawks Underground:

1080 Avalanche:

Resident Evil 4:
Base: 3.00
Promo + edge: 4.80

Golden Eye: Rouge Agent:

Base: 1.75
Promo + edge: 2.81

Metroid Prime:
Base: .80
Promo + edge: 1.28

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker:
Base: 5.75
Promo + Edge: 9.21

Gamecube Controller:
Base: 6.00
+edge: 6.60

Memory Card 251:
Base: 5.25
+edge: 5.77

Total: 46.87

The trade ins from this promo (Gameboy SP's, Gamecube & 360 games) have left me with $227.81 in credit and nothing to buy :p[/QUOTE]

I can't believe you let Gamestop steal from you. Gamecube for 10 dollars?!

I'm dying here :hot:

[quote name='Trance Addix']I can't believe you let Gamestop steal from you. Gamecube for 10 dollars?!

I'm dying here :hot:[/QUOTE]

Gamecubes on ebay are not selling at $10, why waste the money for listings, etc? Like I said before, collecting dust and sitting in a closet, might as well get something of value for it.

[quote name='freddyfromutah']Gamecubes on ebay are not selling at $10, why waste the money for listings, etc? Like I said before, collecting dust and sitting in a closet, might as well get something of value for it.[/QUOTE]

I understand what you're saying, but personally I could never bring myself to give Gamestop any of my things from my game collection for a "spit-in-your-face" price.

I'd rather keep it -- still have my Genesis, Dreamcast, ect. :)

Asked while in store today:
:360: LEGO Harry Potter 1-4: $14.00

Also found it amusing that the copy of Blood Bowl I traded in is on the shelf for 12.99, with the Blockbuster 9.99 tag still on the cover.

[quote name='Trance Addix']I understand what you're saying, but personally I could never bring myself to give Gamestop any of my things from my game collection for a "spit-in-your-face" price.

I'd rather keep it -- still have my Genesis, Dreamcast, ect. :)[/QUOTE]

Haha, I can see your side of things too, but I have been a "collector" for too long now, and by collector I mean let it sit in my closet. I still have my dreamcast and SNES, both of which I doubt I could ever part with. I still don't see much of a difference between what we on CAG do and what gamestop does, we are both looking for the best price, looking for an edge, getting something for less, if you will.

[quote name='freddyfromutah']Haha, I can see your side of things too, but I have been a "collector" for too long now, and by collector I mean let it sit in my closet. I still have my dreamcast and SNES, both of which I doubt I could ever part with.[/QUOTE]

pretty much. i can't stop building my collection and adding to my backlog, but it seems to have become an addiction. i know this will end up as junk when the next generation of console releases in 2015. it's also harder to get rid of things since places like gamestop is giving you 10-20% of what you paid for it and you feel like it's more valuable to keep it.

i try to justify buying games right now that i don't play by telling myself i or someone else will eventually get to them and get good use out of it in the future. whether it be friends, family, or dare i say, my future children? LOL

i'm pretty sure by then, none of the friends will be interested in games or will not have the time... and my future kids will probably be playing video games in virtual reality or without controllers like in Back to the Future (gulp, future is already here with kinect).

[quote name='Trance Addix']I can't believe you let Gamestop steal from you. Gamecube for 10 dollars?!

He was lucky to get $10 for it.
The GC controller is worth more than the system.

[quote name='WTFer']He was lucky to get $10 for it.
The GC controller is worth more than the system.[/QUOTE]

I'm happy I dumped my old GC to Gamestop last month when they were giving $20 for it. I traded it in with a crappy third party controller so I really lost nothing. The system has been sitting in my closet for years now and was never going to be used again. It's really pointless to keep systems that you're never going to use again.

[quote name='Rozz']The system has been sitting in my closet for years now and was never going to be used again. It's really pointless to keep systems that you're never going to use again.[/QUOTE]

i agree... there's a difference between being a collector and a packrat.

gamecubes are not exactly rare and valuable antiques

These kinds of comments are tremendously unhelpful and unnecessary.

[quote name='freddyfromutah']Haha, I can see your side of things too, but I have been a "collector" for too long now, and by collector I mean let it sit in my closet. I still have my dreamcast and SNES, both of which I doubt I could ever part with. [/QUOTE]

I still have my NES (boxed) and Dreamcast (boxed), but I sold the others off long ago. Even my SNES (which I regret a little). The only thing I "collect" now are the art books like the Bioshock 2 and the Alan Wake ones. I love those. Everything else goes away when I'm done with it.

Trades as of Yesterday, 12-15-10. Base value at Gamestop.

Fallout 3 - PS3 - $5.00
Dynasty Warriors 6 - PS3 - $7.00
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - PS3 - $2.50
Prince of Persia - PS3 - $2.50
Call of Duty 4, Modern Warfare - PS3 - $3.00
NHL 2006 - PS2 - $0.35
State of Emergency - PS2 - $0.45
Ace Combat Zero - PS2 - $3.25
Final Fantasy X - PS2 - $3.00

CJ

Trades as of Today, 12-16-10. Base value at Gamestop.

Assasin's Creed - PS3 - $2.50
Assasin's Creed 2 - PS3 - $5.00
Dance Dance Revolution: Max 2 - PS2 - $1.00
Star Wars Battlefront 2 - PS2 - $2.00
Grand Theft Auto, Vice City - PS2 - $1.25
Samurai Warriors 2 - PS2 - $3.00
Grand Theft Auto, San Andreas - PS2 - $4.25
Ace Combat 5 - PS2 - $2.00
Devil May Cry 2 - PS2 - $1.25
Star Ocean, Til End of Time - PS2 - $2.25
X-Men, Legends - PS2 - $1.25
Final Fantasy VII, Dirge of Cerberus - PS2 - $2.50
Call of Duty, Finest Hour - PS2 - $2.00
Time Splitters 2 - PS2 - $1.50
Final Fantasy X-2 - PS2 - $1.75
Samurai Warrios - PS2 - $1.00
Grand Theft Auto III - PS2 - $1.00
God of War - PS2 - $1.75
Mortal Kombat Deception - PS2 - $1.75
Star Wars Battlefront - PS2 - $2.50
Hitman Blood Money - PS2 - $1.25
Dark Cloud - PS2 - $1.00
Xenosaga, Episode I - PS2 - $1.25
Ratchet & Clank, Up Your Arsenal - PS2 - $1.50
Prince of Persia, Sands of Time - PS2 - $2.50
Castlevania, Lament of Innocence - PS2 - $1.75
Need for Speed, Underground 2 - PS2 - $1.50
Final Fantasy XII - PS2 - $2.50
Ratchet & Clank - PS2 - $1.25
Ratchet, Deadlocked - PS2 - $1.75
Ratched & Clank, Going Commando - PS2 - $1.50

CJ

I know this has probably been asked, but lets say my xbox has the disc read issue where it wont read my discs, can i get the extra $25 trade in credit for it?

base TIV - 12/16/10:

GC
Battalion Wars - 1.00

PS2
Crimson Tears - 0.30
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time - 2.25

PS3
Brutal Legend - 3.00
Dark Void - 1.50
Prototype - 5.00

Xbox 360
Street Fighter 4(I brought in the PS3 version; labeled as "XB360" in receipt)- 1.50

Sorry about the lack of update yesterday. Customer fileserver went down at about 5:30, didn't get done with it until around 2AM. I'll update late this evening.

I give gamestop a lot of shit but I have to respect that so many PS2 titles are still trading in for $1-2 when they could easily be giving people a dime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back