GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jcp42877']damn...do i take $32 for New Vegas after promos and PU card?

Was looking for $40 on here for it....and contemplating not even selling it. But i have already 1000/1000'ed it. but DLC is coming soon![/QUOTE]

Amazon will give you $35.25. Personally, I'd much rather have Amazon credit than Gamestop credit. Get what you can for it now and then wait for a GOTY version with all the dlc.

12/12 - Base TIVs

iconxbox360.gif
Dante's Inferno - $6
iconxbox360.gif
Major League Baseball 2K10 - $7
iconxbox360.gif
Singularity - $9
iconwii.gif
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - $7
iconwii.gif
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - $9
iconps3.gif
Guitar Hero: Van Halen - $5
iconps3.gif
White Knight Chronicles - $8
iconds.gif
Kirby Super Star Ultra - $7
iconds.gif
Transformers: War for Cybertron Autobots - $5

Kinda sucks that it seems like lots of games tanked by like 10-40% in just a one week span come time for the 50% trade-in promo. Oh well. Still not too bad with 50% promo + 10% PUR on some titles.

And the base TIVs didn't show up on my receipt this time like they used to. I guess GS must be ashamed of them?

Base from today:

GCN: Mario Kart Double Dash $6
GCN: Wind Waker $5.75
GCN: Super Mario Sunshine $3.75
PS2: Ico $9.50
PS2: Jurassic Park Operation Genesis $10.50
Bluetooth Headset w charger $4.50

Based TIV as of 12/12/10:

:ds:
Call of Duty: Black Ops - $8
Mario Kart - $13
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - $9

Thanks for this, ended up trading a bunch of Wii games in along with the Wii(not worth that much anymore but the extra 25 helped too. Got almost 200 out of the deal. Now to wait for games I actually want...

Any games hit with a refurb fee did not get the 50% bonus. They did get the edge card bonus though. Kinda lame they finally fixed that glitch

12/12/10

:360:
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $5.00
High School Musical 3 (game only) $1.00
Rock Band: Classic Rock Track Pack $2.50
Conan $1.00

12/12/10

Wii
Band Hero - $6.00
Cars Race-o-Rama - $7.00
Guitar Hero 5 - $6.00

XBox 360
Guitar Hero Metallica - $5.00
Risen - $5.00
The Bigs 2 - $7.00

[quote name='steve nash']Any games hit with a refurb fee did not get the 50% bonus. They did get the edge card bonus though. Kinda lame they finally fixed that glitch[/QUOTE]

Damn. I didn't notice this until you pointed it out. Looks like they do qualify for the tiered trade though, as I traded in 4 scratchy discs and got 20% promo on them. Wish I would have known about this sooner as I would have brought two more to get the 40%. Ah GS, you screwed me again.

[quote name='steve nash']Any games hit with a refurb fee did not get the 50% bonus. They did get the edge card bonus though. Kinda lame they finally fixed that glitch[/QUOTE]

So if all of my trades have the original box and manual in decent shape, disc with few to no scratches, should I be OK on this front?

According to the TIVs of my stack of games, Gamestop's beating Amazon with the 50% bonus deal $36 to $42. Rather not end up disappointed tomorrow!

[quote name='nintendofan9999']Halo Reach - 17.00
Dead Space (PS3) - 6.00[/QUOTE]

:bomb: I wish I would have traded Halo Reach in a few months ago. Transformers WFC, BFBC2, Splinter Cell, Castlevania, Singularity, and the list goes on for games I bought when they came out and kept procrastinating on trading in. Still, $27.20 is still pretty good.

[quote name='bsmiff']So if all of my trades have the original box and manual in decent shape, disc with few to no scratches, should I be OK on this front?

According to the TIVs of my stack of games, Gamestop's beating Amazon with the 50% bonus deal $36 to $42. Rather not end up disappointed tomorrow![/QUOTE]

You don't need the original case or manual. Unlees things have changed, all that matters is the disc. I have often traded in disc only copies of games. Well, put them in a generic case so they don't immediately think the disc is trashed.

It is either a new way they are showing trade-ins or a quirk of the 50% bonus promo but neither of my receipts from today shows the base prices. In fact, they didn't come up on the screen originally and then apply the 50% afterwards like promos usually get applied. They just came right up with the 50% bonus prices though I wouldn't have known that unless I had seen some of the prices reported here first. The receipt does show "Bonus: x.xx Promo #10216" though.

12/12 trades:

Guitar Hero Van Halen - $5
Wet - $5 ($1 drop from last week)

:ps3:
Ratchet & Clank Future Tools of Destruction - $5 ($1 drop from last week)

:wii:
Guitar Hero 5 - $6 (HUGE frop from the $15 reported Jan 2010 ;))
Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics - $9
Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands - $5

Lego Harry Potter - $8 ($1 drop from last week - I just got a quote on this then kept it)
Lego Rock Band - $5
Scribblenauts - $7 ($2 drop from last week - pretty disappointing)

So, yeah, for the most part I lost out by waiting till Sunday. But on the other hand, I really didn't have these together to trade until this weekend and I didn't get out of the house Saturday anyway.

Some of these get much better value at Amazon right now but for the most part these ones I traded to GS were missing manuals or had varying degrees of cover art damage. And on a few the disc condition was really pretty bad (playable, but nowhere near mint, anyway) - luckily I didn't get hit with any refurb fees. Many would have been rejected by Amazon. Plus I am really low on GS credit for the first time in a long while so I'll take what I can get. It didn't help that my son decided, after seeing it in the store, that he wants a Halo Legendary Edition for Christmas. All the stuff I traded in would just about cover that, so there you go ;).

It is either a new way they are showing trade-ins or a quirk of the 50% bonus promo but neither of my receipts from today shows the base prices.

its actually been that way for a few weeks or maybe even a month now.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']its actually been that way for a few weeks or maybe even a month now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was going to add above that those were my first trades since getting my PowerUp card like 3 months ago. I've been spending tons there but not trading which is one reason I went ahead with it even though the values weren't great.

Oh, and by the way, I just saw Halo Legendary is the Amazon Deal of the Day for $70. I guess I'll get it there then - good timing, Amazon ;).

They charged me a refurb fee on two games, both of which I bought from Gamestop.com too.

[quote name='unforeseen']They charged me a refurb fee on two games, both of which I bought from Gamestop.com too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't have a problem with Gamestop charging a refurb fee, but it would be nice if those discs were then resurfaced.

[quote name='paddlefoot']Yeah, I don't have a problem with Gamestop charging a refurb fee, but it would be nice if those discs were then resurfaced.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I do not mind either. However, when they sold me game discs that are scratched and then turn around and charge me refurb fees with I trade the same games is just wrong. If I ever order from Gamestop.com again, I will exchange every one that is in "refurb fee" condition.

[quote name='paddlefoot']You don't need the original case or manual. Unlees things have changed, all that matters is the disc. I have often traded in disc only copies of games. Well, put them in a generic case so they don't immediately think the disc is trashed.[/QUOTE]

That's weird--when I dumped off a few $3-5 TIV :360: games (Turok, Stranglehold, Stuntman: Ignition) a few weeks ago, their discs were all in great condition, but they had black DVD boxes (with original artwork), and no manuals. All three were hit with refurb fees. I didn't ask about it, assuming the box and manual were the issues, even though that's the condition in which Gamestop sold those games to me in the first place.

[quote name='Algertman']For some reason my manual to Dragon Quest IX is missing. How much do they knock off?[/QUOTE]
Depends upon your GameStop some don't knock off for that while others do. Easiest way to find out is to look at the last reported TIV. Based on that value look at the Refurb Fee listings in the FAQ on the first page (second post, about halfway through) and that should be the refurb fee you might get.

[quote name='Algertman']For some reason my manual to Dragon Quest IX is missing. How much do they knock off?[/QUOTE]

They should not knock anything off for a missing manual, especially if you have the case. If they do, complain or take it to another Gamestop.

[quote name='bsmiff']That's weird--when I dumped off a few $3-5 TIV :360: games (Turok, Stranglehold, Stuntman: Ignition) a few weeks ago, their discs were all in great condition, but they had black DVD boxes (with original artwork), and no manuals. All three were hit with refurb fees. I didn't ask about it, assuming the box and manual were the issues, even though that's the condition in which Gamestop sold those games to me in the first place.[/QUOTE]
That's why you look at the receipt before leaving the store, especially on lower TIV games, since a $1-2 fee could obliterate any value for the game itself.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's why you look at the receipt before leaving the store, especially on lower TIV games, since a $1-2 fee could obliterate any value for the game itself.:roll:[/QUOTE]

I mean, Amazon was never going to accept these games as trades due to their cases/manuals. I was done with them and didn't intend on throwing a garage sale just to hock a few cheap :360: games. Gamestop was getting them, refurb fee or not. And I'm pretty sure the fees were less than a dollar, despite what the OP claims as refurb fee standards.

PS3
Dead Rising 2--$17

Wii
Mario and Sonic Olympic Winter Games--$9

I tried to trade in 2 Mario and Sonics, but they refused a 2nd copy. Store policy. Would I be able to trade it in later in the day or should I go to another store? That kinda sucked... but oh well. I also scanned my PUR card for the extra 10%. Would they be able to see my trade in from today, therefore not allowing me to trade the 2nd Mario and Sonic?

[quote name='godsmack13']Base from this morning:

Fable 3 - 25
COD:BO - 25
AC:B - 23

:wii:
SMG2 - 20[/QUOTE]

you always get rid of new games that fast? Dear Lord...i'd figure the MP of AC and BO would hold most till next year..clearly not

[quote name='jcp42877']you always get rid of new games that fast? Dear Lord...i'd figure the MP of AC and BO would hold most till next year..clearly not[/QUOTE]
Sometimes the temptation of the trade in promos outweigh the current satisfaction levels of said titles.

Plus you could always get them cheaper later for sure. ;)

All depends on the person's gaming preferences and the ADD.

TIV drops on every game I brought in today. Values below are base, i.e. minus the 50% bonus:

Batman: Arkham Asylum (original, non-PH/GOTY) - $6
Dead Rising - $2.50
Pro Evo Soccer 2010 - $5
Shaun White Snowboarding - $1.50
Saints Row 2 - $5

anyone know if the trade in value of Enslaved :360: dropped today? I tried calling my store and they told me they can't give TIV over the phone or some BS like that...thanks ahead of time...

Base values from today:

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (DS) - $8.00
Guitar Hero 5 (Game only, Wii) - $6.00
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (PS3) - $6.00
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Wii) - $5.00

In all, $40 for what I paid $25 for at Blockbuster, and better values (right now, for these) than Amazon. :)

Base values from today:

:ps3:
Darksiders - $4
Prototype - $5
Metal Gear Solid 4 - $2.50
Killzone 2 - $4
Infamous - $6
Dead Space - $6
Blur - $13
Bioshock 2 - $4
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - $8

New Super Mario Bros - $12
Meteos - $0.50
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - $5

:ps2:
Final Fantasy 12 - $2.25

:gc:
Star Wars RS3 Rebel Strike - $1.50

Damn, some of these TIV's are pathetic. I did not trade anything yet as I was comparison shopping.

360 Where the Wild Things $2.50
360 Guitar Hero 5 $5
360 Call of Duty MW2 $4
360 Big Game Hunter 2010 $7
360 Kane & Lynch: Dog Days $4
360 NPPL Paintball 2009 $6
360 Oblivion $3
360 Street Fighter IV $1.50
360 Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs $7
360 Price of Persia $1.50
360 Lost Planet 2 $6
360 Star Wars: Clone Wars $5
360 Fairy Tale Fights $2.50
Wii Tournament of Legends $4
Wii Sponge Bob: Square Trade $5
Wii Band Hero $6
Wii Mario Power Tennis $9
DS Balls of Fury 0.50
DS Speedracer $2.50
PS3 Guitar Hero 5 $4

Did some trades today, two for :ps3: and one accessory :

:ps3: MX vs. ATV Reflex-$5(base value), $8 after 50% promo + PUR
:ps3: White Knight Chronicles-$8(base value), $12.80 after 50% promo + PUR

Universal HDMI cable-$4(base value), $4.40 after PUR:cry: This WAS $5.25 not that long ago.:razz::whistle2:#

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I checked the OP to be sure but I'm not sure if this would qualify as "broken" -- the battery door latch on my PSP slim doesn't work. I have an extended life battery with a matching battery cover, but I've had it taped on for ages. Everything else works flawlessly. Does anyone know if GameStop would charge me a refurb fee just for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back