GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Base TIVs for 12/11

PS3:
Bigs 2 - $6
GH: Van Halen - $5
Darksiders - $4
White Knight Chronicles - $8

360:
Fusion Frenzy 2 - $3
James Cameron's Avatar - $3

From 12-11-2010

Flingsmash (wii) $8.00
XBOX 360 rechargeable battery $1.50
XBOX 360 charging cable $2.50

Saw these on the big board:

CoD: Black Ops - $25 (Xbox and PS3)
Golden Sun Dark Dawn - $14
Fable 3 - $25
Fallout New Vegas - $18 (I can confirm this for PS3)
Donkey Kong Wii - $20
Epic Mickey - $20

12/11
iconxbox360.gif

Guitar Hero: Van Halen $5
Mass Effect 2 $5

iconwii.gif

Guitar Hero: Metallica $6
Guitar Hero: Van Halen $6
Cars Race-O-Rama $7

iconps3.gif

Prototype $5
Resident Evil 5 $5

iconds.gif

Lego Rock Band $5
Kingdom Hearts $5

damn...games r dropping in price like hot cakes. should get every1 wondering which month old games will b the next victim 4 tomorrows trade bump

[quote name='richyanks']Anyone know current TIV's for Mini Ninjas and Wheelman for 360? my local stores dont accept over the phone trade in prices[/QUOTE]

Just do a lookup for any GS in the country and call there. Someone will get the values and MOST of the time, they all have the same TIV

Traded in a bunch of cables and pretty much everything dropped in trade in value-

PS3 standard AV cable $2.00
PS3 component cable $2.50
Xbox 360 component cable $4.25
Xbox 360 charge cable $2.50
PS3 usb cable $1.50
PS3 hdmi cable $4.00

TIV from today(12/11)

360:
Fable 3 - $25

PS3:
WET - $5
Bioshock - $5
Alpha Protocol - $5

Wii:
Mario & Sonic: Winter Olympics - $9
No More Heroes 2 - $4

PSP:
Socom Fireteam Bravo 3 - $10

Sorry for the oddball question. I see that a lot of people are complaining about phantom refurb fees on their games. I was wondering what the heck is that about. Is it a new policy thing, or just bad luck from stores with dumb employees?

I have about 22 games to trade in for the 50%, but if I'm going to get junkie refurb fees I might be better off trying with Amazon for some. Just wanted to be sure, thank you.

Some TIVS might have dropped during the day. I asked in person about Kingdom Hearts and it dropped a $1 from $6 to $5.

12/11
iconds.gif

Kingdom Hearts $5

iconwii.gif

Hannah Montana $3

[quote name='rawrker']Sorry for the oddball question. I see that a lot of people are complaining about phantom refurb fees on their games. I was wondering what the heck is that about. Is it a new policy thing, or just bad luck from stores with dumb employees?

I have about 22 games to trade in for the 50%, but if I'm going to get junkie refurb fees I might be better off trying with Amazon for some. Just wanted to be sure, thank you.[/QUOTE]

Not really a new policy that I know of. It's store to store. Luckily I havent ran across any thus far. There's a risk that you hold off dumping some games tomorrow that the TIVs will drop. Games have been dropping noticeably since Tuesday's BBV sale.

yeah the +50% tiv is on for tomorrow, just called and they confirmed it.
im glad others are finding the tivs for bbv games i got, like wkc and 40th day.
i just beat 40th day today on hard, right before work, so that's going to be traded in.
im thinking of just trading in wkc, i know 7.50 is a steal on it, but i just dont think i have the time for a time extensive jrpg, especially with a huge backlog. i can make $5 from 7.50->12.80 so i might just do that. isnt wkc2 supposed to come with a free wkc? that will make me sleep better knowing that someday i can play a game i didnt care to grab n then traded in. lol, being on cag makes you insane/backlog.

[quote name='Velo214']...being on cag makes you insane/backlog.[/QUOTE]

Backlog before CAG: 8
Backlog after CAG: 100+

I still don't understand.

What will be the 50% Bonus Trade in on 12/12-12/19? For exclusive pre-selected games like Black Ops or across all games?

Will this replace the Tiered Trade Offer like 6 or more and get an extra 40%?

Also will this apply to PS2 games or just the newer console games?

What will be the 50% Bonus Trade in on 12/12-12/19? For exclusive pre-selected games like Black Ops or across all games?

Will this replace the Tiered Trade Offer like 6 or more and get an extra 40%?

Also will this apply to PS2 games or just the newer console games?
a. all games
b. why would you not want 50% + power up
c. yes

Maybe someone who works at GS can help me out with this.

I just got home and noticed that a GS employee accidentally gave me an extra game on accident. Awesome for me, but I didn't pay for it.

My question is will they take it out of the GS person's paycheck? I'd kind of feel like an asshole for keeping it, but I don't want to drive to this somewhat far away gamestop just to give back a game.

What happened was that I was trying to buy COD MW2 for $9.99, but it was ringing up $29.99, so I declined to buy it. They accidentally put it in my bag anyway.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Maybe someone who works at GS can help me out with this.

I just got home and noticed that a GS employee accidentally gave me an extra game on accident. Awesome for me, but I didn't pay for it.

My question is will they take it out of the GS person's paycheck? I'd kind of feel like an asshole for keeping it, but I don't want to drive to this somewhat far away gamestop just to give back a game.

What happened was that I was trying to buy COD MW2 for $9.99, but it was ringing up $29.99, so I declined to buy it. They accidentally put it in my bag anyway.[/QUOTE]

If its out of your way, you could keep it. Its just a loss for that store. Moral highroad (Good Karma) give em a call and be honest, they may just say keep it.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Maybe someone who works at GS can help me out with this.

What happened was that I was trying to buy COD MW2 for $9.99, but it was ringing up $29.99, so I declined to buy it. They accidentally put it in my bag anyway.[/QUOTE]
This happen to me a couple of years ago with the first assassins creed. I took it back and they gave me 10% off the game for being honest,hope this helps in some way with your decision.

Base values from my trades from today 12/11/2010

Xbox 360
iconxbox360.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops $25
Fable III $25
Halo: Reach $17 ($3 drop)

PS3
iconps3.gif

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood $23
Call of Duty: Black Ops $25
Call of Duty: World at War $5

PS2
iconps2_r2.gif

Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec $0.40
James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire (listed as "Agent Under Fire" on receipt) $0.80
James Bond 007: Nightfire (listed as "Nightfire" on receipt) $0.80 (I see this is also listed in the OP under "Nightfire" JP can you update/fix?)
Medal of Honor: Frontline $0.60 ($0.10 drop)
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun $0.80 ($0.70 drop from this summer)

Gamecube
icongamecube.gif

Rogue Ops $0.55 (New to the list!)

DS
iconds.gif

Sprung $0.25 ($0.25 drop, This has to be the lowest trade value I have ever seen on a DS game)

Sigh, I should have found 6 games for the 40% bonus before the TIVs dropped. Just did the math and the 50% bonus is a worse deal now than the 40% bonus was a few days ago :(

Well, thanks to these recent drop on TIVs, it now seems that I'll get more for my money trading in @ Amazon. Oh well, I'd rather have Amazon credit than Gamestop credit anyway.

I think I am missing it... I found the wii fit software but not he hardware (board). What does that trade in for? And does the hardware apply to the extra 50% trade in credit?

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Sigh, I should have found 6 games for the 40% bonus before the TIVs dropped. Just did the math and the 50% bonus is a worse deal now than the 40% bonus was a few days ago :([/QUOTE]

yeah, for those that I used to build back gs credit, I went directly from BBV for GS the first day...
$1 drop on most of them = much more than 10%...
IMO you can thank the "newbs" and vets that bragged Ad nauseam in the BBV forum.

For goodness sake, GS sponsers this site! and members are silly to think they do not monitor it...perfect storm...repeated over and over, rinse and repeat...over and over... hopefully this will make members think before posting the same info dozens of times ... but probably not... ignorance is still bliss ....

[quote name='donut']yeah, for those that I used to build back gs credit, I went directly from BBV for GS the first day...
$1 drop on most of them = much more than 10%...
IMO you can thank the "newbs" and vets that bragged Ad nauseam in the BBV forum.

For goodness sake, GS sponsers this site! and members are silly to think they do not monitor it...perfect storm...repeated over and over, rinse and repeat...over and over... hopefully this will make members think before posting the same info dozens of times ... but probably not... ignorance is still bliss ....

[/QUOTE]
I think you give GS corporate too much credit. I highly doubt the prices were dropped because of discussions here but more because of the large influx of all those titles on sale at BBV. More they get, less they give. Anytime BBV has a sale the titles there drop TIV real quickly at GameStop.

They wouldn't be able to track which employee gave you the game on accident. I'm all for morality but when you have to spend time and money (gas) to fix someone else's mistake I see a problem there. I say just keep the game, it isn't a huge loss for the store.

Now it would be another story if you knew the game was in there the whole time for free but if you found out once you came home I say it's all yours and your conscious should be clear.

Base TIVs from this morning (I shouldn't have waited so long to trade these):

Xbox 360
Lost Planet 2 $6.00

Wii
Your Shape $4.00

PS3
GTA: Episodes $8.00
Little Big Planet: GOTY $9.00

[quote name='JP']I think you give GS corporate too much credit. I highly doubt the prices were dropped because of discussions here but more because of the large influx of all those titles on sale at BBV. More they get, less they give. Anytime BBV has a sale the titles there drop TIV real quickly at GameStop.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it's purely a numbers game for Gamestop. I'm sure they have some kind of algorithm that updates TIVs on a daily basis based on which titles and how many copies of those titles were traded in on that day. The massive flipping from BBV to Gamestop just means those values are going to be hit quickly.

[quote name='NintendoCleveland']Base TIVs from this morning (I shouldn't have waited so long to trade these):

Xbox 360
Lost Planet 2 $6.00
[/QUOTE]

Currently $12 TIV on Amazon (complete copy necessary of course).

[quote name='BingoBrown']Currently $12 TIV on Amazon (complete copy necessary of course).[/QUOTE]

I swear that the TIV was lower than that on Amazon when I checked this morning. Oh well, at least I managed to get a copy of Mario All-Stars at that Gamestop.

[quote name='NintendoCleveland']I swear that the TIV was lower than that on Amazon when I checked this morning. Oh well, at least I managed to get a copy of Mario All-Stars at that Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

It was a little lower this morning. Amazon just updated values, and for some reason a bunch of the games I was going to trade in went up in TIV. I'm now netting an extra $15 at least, and trading in a few I hadn't planned on trading in.

And the drops continue.....

2 more phone quotes from today:

:NDS: New Super Mario Bros -12 ($3 drop from a few days ago)
:NDS: Mario Kart -13 ($2 drop from about 2 days ago)

[quote name='BingoBrown']It was a little lower this morning. Amazon just updated values, and for some reason a bunch of the games I was going to trade in went up in TIV. I'm now netting an extra $15 at least, and trading in a few I hadn't planned on trading in.[/QUOTE]

I just noticed that GTA: Episodes for PS3 also when up a few dollars more this afternoon. Someone at Amazon must have been paying attention to Gamestop's 50% bonus that started today.

Gamestop still takes Gamecube and PS2 games? I thought they stopped taking them...

Reason I'm asking is because I plan on trading a wiimote plus some other things for the Tron Wiimote...

All base:

Wii:
Goldeneye - 17
Metroid Prime 3 - 5
Dirt 2 - 5

DS:
Mario Party - 9

PS3:
White Knight Chronicles - 8
Army of Two: 40th Day - 7

360:
Risen - 5
Eternal Sonata - 5

:ps3:
Overlord 2 - 3.00
Aliens Vs. Predator - 6.00
White Knight Chronicles - 8.00
Saints Row 2 - 5.00
GTA: Episodes From Liberty City - 8.00
Wolfenstein - 6.00
Iron Man 2 - 5.00
Bionic Commando - 1.50
Batman: Arkham Asylum - 6.00

:360:
Tekken 6 - 5.00

:wii:
Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics - 9.00

Total after promos was 100 even, pretty good - only took a loss on Bionic Commando.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']Gamestop still takes Gamecube and PS2 games? I thought they stopped taking them...

Reason I'm asking is because I plan on trading a wiimote plus some other things for the Tron Wiimote...[/QUOTE]

They still take them but you won't get much for them. It was original XBox stuff they stopped taking.

Base TIVs 12/12:

:wii: Mario & Sonic Winter Olympic Games $9.00
:wii: Princess and the Frog $4.00
:wii: Super Mario Galaxy $7.00
:wii: Pokemon Battle Revolution $13.00
:wii: Toy Story Mania $8.00
:wii: Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess $8.00
:wii: Mario Power Tennis $9.00
:ps3: Army of Two 40th Day $7.00
:ps3: X-Men Origins Wolverine $5.00
:ds: GTA Chinatown Wars $6.00

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - 23
Vanquish - 10

I also wanted to trade in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit but the trade in total ended up being around $25.XX (this is includeing 50% and Power Up card), which was too low for me. Also didn't trade in Vanquish because I thought that $16 with bonuses was ridiculous, Amazon's current trade in value is $32.

Updated lists and database. A note, starting tomorrow I'll probably only be able to update once a day, later in the evening more than likely. Big projects coming to head at the office and everyone wants theirs done by the end of the year. Assholes.

damn...do i take $32 for New Vegas after promos and PU card?

Was looking for $40 on here for it....and contemplating not even selling it. But i have already 1000/1000'ed it. but DLC is coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back