GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
One little bit of good news, I found out that the 50% bonus DOES apply to UMD movies. The bad news: UMD movies are worth pennies, even with the bonus!

BASE values as of today:

UMD - Stealth - $0.55 base (0.89 after bonuses!)
UMD - Hitch - $0.80 base (1.28 after bonuses!)
DS - Lego Star Wars Complete Saga - $5.00 base
PS3 - White Knight Chronicles - $8.00 base
PS3 - Prince of Persia - $2.50 base
Wii - Guitar Hero Van Halen - $6.00 base
360 - Lost Planet 2 - $6.00 base
360 - Guitar Hero Van Halen - $5.00 base

iconps2_r2.gif

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai - $0.80
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2 - $0.90
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec - $0.40
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - $0.95
Robotech: Battlecry - $0.55
Rogue Galaxy - $2.00
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - $5.25
Virtua Fighter 4 - $0.80

iconps3.gif

Genji: Days of the Blade - $1.00

iconxbox360.gif

Armored Core 4 -$2.00
Army of Two - $1.50
Army of Two: The 40th Day - $5.00
Beowulf: The Game - $0.50
Big Bumpin' - $0.20
Brutal Legend - $4.00
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath - $4.00
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Athena - $1.50
Dragon Age: Origins - $6.00
Dragon Age: Awakening - $8.00
Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires - $1.50
Fallout 3 - $2.50
Frontlines: Fuel of War - $1.50
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith - $0.25
Pocketbike Racer - $0.20
Rock Revolution - $0.20
Sneak King - $0.25
Star Ocean: The Last Hope - $4.00

iconwii.gif

Dead Space: Extraction - $4.00
Heavenly Guardian - $0.50
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor - $9.00
X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $4.00

12/13/10

PS3
The Bigs 2 - $6.00

DS
Cars Race-o-Rama - $6.00

X360
Star Trek Legacy - $3.00
Mass Effect 2 - $5.00

Wii
Mario & Sonic Winter Olympic Games - $9.00
Toy Story Mania - $8.00

Xbox 360:
Dante's Inferno : $6
Transformers War for Cybertron: $9
Lost Planet 2: $6
Risen: $5
Wet: $5

PS3:
Army of Two: 40th day $7
Guitar Hero Van Halen: $5
White Knight Chronicles: $7

Wii:
Iron Man 2: $5
Cars Race-o-Rama: $7
Guitar Hero Van Halen: $6
Mario & Sonic @ Winter Olympics: $7

PS2:
God of War: $1.75
God of War 2: $2.50
Bully: $3

Gamecube:
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter $2.75

Here are some updates I got from tonight:

PSP:
Daxter $1.50

PS2:
Ace Combat X: The Belkan War $4.75

PS3:
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution $9
Stranglehold: Collector's Edition $3.75

[quote name='hawaiiboy']its actually been that way for a few weeks or maybe even a month now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's nice that it doesn't take three minutes to add everything up any more but your GS clerk may conveniently forget to mention that the first quote is the now the post-bonus grand total, and you may wish to strike him when you hit OK and the price doesn't go up.

Also, a bit off topic but is anyone else's GS now closed on Thursdays?

[quote name='toomuchpie617']Any update on how much xbox 360 smackdown vs raw 2010 & bully are going for now?[/QUOTE]

Just call gs and they will let you know. Then you can report back here with an updated TIV. Thanks.

TIV's from today (all base values for store credit):

Xbox 360
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 - $15
Halo Reach - $17
Fable 3 - $25
Halo Wars - $6

PS3
Demon's Souls - $5
DBZ Raging Blast 2 - $18

PS2
God of War 1 - $1.75
God of War 2 - $2.50
Ico - $9.50
Shadow of the Colossus - $4.75
Rez - $2.75

Nintendo DS
Mario Kart DS - $13

BTW Amazon's Trade-In of the Day is Halo Reach for $32.

[quote name='cheeky']Just call gs and they will let you know. Then you can report back here with an updated TIV. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Unless he lives in California where stores are not allowed to tell TIVs over the phone.

[quote name='rawrker']Unless he lives in California where stores are not allowed to tell TIVs over the phone.[/QUOTE]

Uh, I called up CA stores before and they gave me the trade-in values no problem.

[quote name='Rozz']Uh, I called up CA stores before and they gave me the trade-in values no problem.[/QUOTE]

A lot don't now, due to California's pawn shop regulations. I can call all the ones around me and they will tell me that I have to bring the items in to get a quote due to said regulations. I'm sure some employees and stores don't care about it, though there are several that do adhere to the policy.

[quote name='rawrker']A lot don't now, due to California's pawn shop regulations. I can call all the ones around me and they will tell me that I have to bring the items in to get a quote due to said regulations. I'm sure some employees and stores don't care about it, though there are several that do adhere to the policy.[/QUOTE]

I see. I just know that when the stores here in the eastern U.S. are closed I call up the CA ones because of the time zone differences. :lol:

TIV from today 12/14

DS
New Super Mario Bros. - $12

Wii
Mario Super Sluggers - $14
Super Paper Mario - $7
Monopoly - $9

So $70 right now on a 360 console + wireless controller? Hmmm.... that kind of sucks. I've been thinking about trading in my 2 360s for a new 250GB slim but I'd still have to come out of pocket $160+. Oh well.

[quote name='rawrker']A lot don't now, due to California's pawn shop regulations. I can call all the ones around me and they will tell me that I have to bring the items in to get a quote due to said regulations. I'm sure some employees and stores don't care about it, though there are several that do adhere to the policy.[/QUOTE]

They also make me fill out this pawn shop reseller form with my signature and thumbprint everytime I have to trade something in.

TIV from Today:

GBA SP w/AC: $15.00

(all games are GBA)

Klonoa Empire of Dreams:
Base: .60
Promo + edge: .96 (total value of trade in)

Mario Kart Super Circuit:
Base: 4.25
Promo + edge: 6.79

Puyo Pop:
Base: .65
Promo + edge: 1.03

Ultimate Brain Games:
Base: 1.00
Promo + edge: 1.60

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3:
Base: .65
Promo + edge: 1.03

Sim City 2000:
Base: 1.00
Promo + edge: 1.60

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones:
Base: 2.00
Promo + edge: 3.20

Namco Museum:
Base: .80
Promo + edge: 1.28

Advance Wars:
Base: 1.25
Promo + edge: 1.99

All Star Baseball 2003:
Base: 1.25
Promo + edge: 1.99

Ultimate Card Games:
Base: .70
Edge + promo: 1.12

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance:
Base: 1.75
Promo + edge: 2.81

Mario Golf: Advance Tour:
Base: 2.00
Promo + edge: 3.20

Rampage Puzzle Attack:
Base: .25 (LOL!!)
Promo + edge: .39

Super Mario World:
Base: 4.50
Promo + edge: 7.20

Total Trade in Value from today: $51.19

Not terrible, but more than I expected. I will probably finally trade in my gamecube and games this week as well, might as well take advantage of the extra %.

[quote name='Rozz']I see. I just know that when the stores here in the eastern U.S. are closed I call up the CA ones because of the time zone differences. :lol:[/QUOTE]

It also depends on how busy the store is. If there's 20 customers in the store, they're not going to search TIV's for someone over the phone.

Quoted $8.80 for medal of honor 360 in store today.

Laughed and left

just got back, same tivs as yesterday for
army of two 40th - ps3 - 7
white knight chroni - ps3 - 8
but then it pissed me off cuz tiger woods pga 10 wii is still 5, but they hit me with a freakn $2 refurb fee, and like someone else said, the refurb fee knocks off the +50% promo, argh. so he offers me 3.50credit and im like wha. 5->8-2=6? and hes like yeah idk and i said the +50% was missing and hes like yeah idk. argh
he was even the manager and i was gonna ask/demand he adjust it to 8 and then take the 2fee, but i had to be at work in a few minutes so i just took it back and walked, argh. im gonna go tomorrow and try to get 6, hopefully 8. no way 3.50. rage, lol. and only over 2.50 but its freakn principle.

HDMI cable- $3($1 drop from YESTERDAY:bomb::bomb::bomb:)

[quote name='BLAZETIGER']:ps3:
Star Wars Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition. $20[/QUOTE]
You DO realize that game is worth far more on the secondary market to collectors if mint/complete, right? Just saying....;)

For those complaining about California stores --- so call a store in Oregon, or Washington, or any other state on Pacific time... Not that complicated.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']So it is $70 bucks for a 360 right now?[/QUOTE]

Yup.

I traded in today:
Xbox 360 w/wireless controller - $45 ($70 w/promo)
PSP 1000 - $$35 ($60 w/promo)
Xbox 360 wired headset - $5.50

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

You DO realize that game is worth far more on the secondary market to collectors if mint/complete, right? Just saying....;)[/QUOTE]

Hell, I sold an incomplete :360: copy for $52 on Amazon. No idea why someone would just trade that in. Employee probably bought it as soon as he was on break.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']HDMI cable- $3($1 drop from YESTERDAY:bomb::bomb::bomb:)

You DO realize that game is worth far more on the secondary market to collectors if mint/complete, right? Just saying....;)[/QUOTE]

Yes I do as I've sold a couple of sealed and used copies online on ebay and Amazon. However this one wasn't mint by any means. Steelcase had some dents and tweaks and it didn't have the collectors card or artbook. Disc was in good shape (good old Blu Ray scratch protection) but the rest looked like it had been through a ringer.

Online prices for used have been dipping lately. My last used mint version with everything included was slightly under $50 on ebay. Take away fees and such and I probably netted $40. This one was too beat up for collectors but just right for Gamestop.

hey quick question, I wanna trade some stuff and use a friends pur card and give him the points. when they ask for ID do they just verify that it is really the person trading, or do they take your info down? TIA

I've never been asked for ID. They just scan my card and take my games. They might add your trade-in credit to that account though, so make sure you ask them to put the credit on a separate gift card.

i guess the stores by me are lenient, i've never been asked for ID either. hell, last year me and my friend went to a few different gamestops during the summer, and i would hand him my edge card right in front of the employees after using it for my purchase, no one ever said anything about it

It honestly boggles my mind how people trade in games for considerably less than they paid.

I've only traded games twice to GS and both times I felt dirty, but also got away with a little more than I paid.

[quote name='Trance Addix']It honestly boggles my mind how people trade in games for considerably less than they paid.

I've only traded games twice to GS and both times I felt dirty, but also got away with a little more than I paid.[/QUOTE]

A lot of it is just cutting losses for something they will never play again, I just hate seeing the atrocious TIVs for the games that are not brand new, but within the past few months (what is it, 13 for DR2?)

[quote name='dyeknom']A lot of it is just cutting losses for something they will never play again, I just hate seeing the atrocious TIVs for the games that are not brand new, but within the past few months (what is it, 13 for DR2?)[/QUOTE]

I traded in DR2 to Amazon for 30 dollars, when I bought the LE.

It just doesn't make sense to me to trade in a good game, such as Advance Wars for 50 cents or a dollar. The money collected from trading in games is just not the worth the loss of great titles. After all this is all my opinion, I collect all of the my games and keep them in pristine condition.

From 12/13

konami classics arcade hits gba $1.00
ps3 av cable $2.00
f-zero gp legend gba $0.80
pac man collection gba $1.50
danny phantom ultimate enemy gba $0.85
rayman hoodlum's revenge gba $0.60

[quote name='Trance Addix']I traded in DR2 to Amazon for 30 dollars, when I bought the LE.

It just doesn't make sense to me to trade in a good game, such as Advance Wars for 50 cents or a dollar. The money collected from trading in games is just not the worth the loss of great titles. After all this is all my opinion, I collect all of the my games and keep them in pristine condition.[/QUOTE]

Personally... I dont trade anything in below 2.00 unless Im in a rush and overlooked it, but yes... to me it's hard to justify because there is literally nothing in the store you could purchase for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back