GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mr_bungle']So, I have 2 PS3s, one that's BC and one I'm buying from my buddy to trade in on this deal...is the YLOD guaranteed to happen? Or has everyone on this forum just gotten extremely paranoid. I'd like to keep my BC ps3 but if it's going to fail..maybe I should invest in a slim? I dunno what to do.[/QUOTE]

Nothing is guaranteed but, of all the types of ps3's the 60 gig BC has the most reported cases (according to the official Sony message board 860 as of today). However, this is not even close to the :360: RROD. The thing is lasers will eventually die and anything can go wrong with electronics at any given time. I like many others are doing this for peace of mind, a more efficient system, a dualshock 3, and a larger hard drive.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General/UNOFFICIAL-YLOD-VICTIMS-LIST/m-p/44456282

sorry if this is the wrong place to ask...but for any of you who put your $200 credit towards a 4gb 360S, has anyone got theres yet? At gamestop.com it said ships 8/3 then they changed it to 8/4 and now it says 8/5?????

Wow, I didn't know you could get $12 credit for a defective ps2 console. I took one to the dump not long ago.

Xbox 360
March Madness 2007 $.50
Madden 2007 $.25
MLB 2k8 $.50
NFL Tour 2.50
NHL 2007 $1
Battlefield Bad Company 2 $20
Call of Duty World at War $9

With the promotions i came away with 45.54

I would highly recommend any looking to preorder and get a new game to go in and do it. 25 plus 10 brings trade in's almost up to ebay prices.

[quote name='norcal21']sorry if this is the wrong place to ask...but for any of you who put your $200 credit towards a 4gb 360S, has anyone got theres yet? At gamestop.com it said ships 8/3 then they changed it to 8/4 and now it says 8/5?????[/QUOTE]

my closest store said they are getting theirs on monday, other stores say they don't know yet.

Got some information on the next promos:

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']tiered trade again extra 10/20/30%
$20 bonus for handhelds other than the go [/QUOTE]

Also, updated lists and database.

Normally there are none. Anything goes. Assuming it follows the previous sales it'll be 3/4/5+ get 10/20/30.

[quote name='JP']Got some information on the next promos:

Also, updated lists and database.[/QUOTE]

Does this include accessories or is it just games?

:360:
Crackdown $2.50
Street Fighter 4 $3.00
Raiden IV $5
Batman: Arkham Asylum $9.00
Blazblue: Calamity Trigger $5.00
Brutal Legend $5.00
:ps2:
Ghostbusters $3.00

[quote name='flagg1216']my closest store said they are getting theirs on monday, other stores say they don't know yet.[/QUOTE]

thanks...got mine today, have to say the lil sucker is pretty sleek :D

didn't get a call or nothing tho, just showed up there like gimme my ish!

[quote name='JP']Got some information on the next promos:

Also, updated lists and database.[/QUOTE]

do you know if this is just for 360/ps3/wii games, or does it include ds and psp (and maybe even ps2) games?

The tiered trade is always games only. If it follows normal patterns of the past percentage tiered trade offers it will encompass all game consoles that they accept games for: 360/Wii/PS3/PS2/GC/DS/PSP/GBA.

[quote name='JP']The tiered trade is always games only. If it follows normal patterns of the past percentage tiered trade offers it will encompass all game consoles that they except games for: 360/Wii/PS3/PS2/GC/DS/PSP/GBA.[/QUOTE]

When does the tiered trade in start?

Hope someone can help. I'm in Canada and I really want to pre-order the Little Big Planet 2 Collector's Edition, which is only available in the US, so I'm driving down to trade in a few games for the pre-order. Can some suggest which higher price games to trade-in and also get the 25%? Thanks ahead.

I just finished playing Red Dead Redemption and I am not much of an online player...although i did have fun playing that too.........I think if you are looking for trading a game with 20$+ trade-in value you should do it before 8th using the 25% promo towards a new game......Unless you have lot of fodder games that you can throw in towards trade 5 get 30% promo that is coming up....

[quote name='awworld']Hope someone can help. I'm in Canada and I really want to pre-order the Little Big Planet 2 Collector's Edition, which is only available in the US, so I'm driving down to trade in a few games for the pre-order. Can some suggest which higher price games to trade-in and also get the 25%? Thanks ahead.[/QUOTE]

why not just take a look at the front page? I believe they have a few TIV's there for you to look.

Anyways,

TIV on 8/3

Wii:
Call of Duty World at War: 7.00
Mario Power Tennis: 10.00
The Bigs 2: 8.00

360:
Tiger Woods 2010: 8.00

DS:
New Super Mario Bros: 17.00

PS3:
Unreal Tournament III: 2.00

Thanks in advance JP.

Well I ended up trading in my Pokemon GBA games. I never played them and I more or less got back what I paid for them.

Pokemon Emerald - 10.25
Pokemon FireRed - 8.50
Pokemon Ruby - 6.00

I ended up picking up Alan Wake used for 34.99 and only paid 4.57 out of pocket... It also still had the code for the first DLC.

I hope the $20 bonus on handhelds sticks. I think I'm finally going to unload my PSP-2000, as it's been a paperweight for nearly a year. I was considering holding onto it for Valkyria Chronicles 2, but honestly I'm so backlogged that I'd rather have credit to put toward a 3DS in the near future.

[quote name='predseth']Would a gameboy sp work for the extra $20? That would triple its value. :)[/QUOTE]

nope

So does extra 25% only apply to new releases? I asked today when I traded in my pokemon game but apparently it only applies to select titles... If it applies to all new games, then oh well. It was probably better for me to get Alan Wake used and not get the bonus since I can just return Alan Wake once I finish beating it.

I have a question, probably a dumb one. But if I go to trade in a game today, can they just add that credit to the gift card I already have? I traded in a bunch of stuff a few months ago, and still have the $80 gift card sitting around, so I was hoping that the credit I get today could just be added on to the same card.

[quote name='Fjordson']I have a question, probably a dumb one. But if I go to trade in a game today, can they just add that credit to the gift card I already have? I traded in a bunch of stuff a few months ago, and still have the $80 gift card sitting around, so I was hoping that the credit I get today could just be added on to the same card.[/QUOTE]

Sure, that's exactly what it's for.

[quote name='dominator']So does extra 25% only apply to new releases? I asked today when I traded in my pokemon game but apparently it only applies to select titles... If it applies to all new games, then oh well. It was probably better for me to get Alan Wake used and not get the bonus since I can just return Alan Wake once I finish beating it.[/QUOTE]

If your Pokemon game was for the DS, you could have used the extra 30% TIV coupon in the weekly e-mail. No need to buy or pre-order anything. I ended up getting $25.20 for DQIX (after Edge & coupon). I bought a Wii points card for my son and still have $5.20 in credit left over. Not bad since I bought 2 copies of DQIX at TRU for $43.xx (after tax). I ended up paying $18.xx for DQIX. :)

[quote name='dominator']So does extra 25% only apply to new releases[/QUOTE]New releases and pre-orders. Although I was told I could put the credit towards anything that was still sealed (regardless if it was a recent release or not).

[quote name='dominator']So does extra 25% only apply to new releases? I asked today when I traded in my pokemon game but apparently it only applies to select titles... If it applies to all new games, then oh well. It was probably better for me to get Alan Wake used and not get the bonus since I can just return Alan Wake once I finish beating it.[/QUOTE]

Ya the gamestop checkout system is completely fucked. Sooooo many times I have to pay attention and make sure all of the promotions are being accounted for and even tally up all the money they give for my used games before I go in.

4/5 "new" games I bought during their power sale have been gutted btw so I see no problem with people renting games from them.

[quote name='Fjordson']I have a question, probably a dumb one. But if I go to trade in a game today, can they just add that credit to the gift card I already have? I traded in a bunch of stuff a few months ago, and still have the $80 gift card sitting around, so I was hoping that the credit I get today could just be added on to the same card.[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression that only "edge" cards could be reloaded with trade credit, not the ones that say "gift" card.

Either way, you can bring in the card and purchase a gift card with what ever credit you have plus your trades.

[quote name='Toss']I was under the impression that only "edge" cards could be reloaded, not the ones that say "gift" card.[/QUOTE]
This is true.

Anyone that's ever done the midnight release thing, is it possible to pre-order a game and trade your games in at midnight to help pay it off?

Or do they just do pick-ups of 'paid in full' pre-orders only?

[quote name='HydroX']Anyone that's ever done the midnight release thing, is it possible to pre-order a game and trade your games in at midnight to help pay it off?

Or do they just do pick-ups of 'paid in full' pre-orders only?[/QUOTE]

You can bring in any trades at midnight release. Probably a better idea to get there a little earlier so you don't hold up the line though. Don't want all the fanboys (in Halo & COD's cases) getting all pissy cuz they can't get their game 2-3 minutes earlier. :roll: ;)

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']This is true.[/QUOTE]
For some reason though, they cant do it all the time. I'm not sure why that is, but there have been a few times when they have told me that they cant put it back on my edge card and that they'll have to put it on a regular GC

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']You can bring in any trades at midnight release. Probably a better idea to get there a little earlier so you don't hold up the line though. Don't want all the fanboys (in Halo & COD's cases) getting all pissy cuz they can't get their game 2-3 minutes earlier. :roll: ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation.

I really want to pre-order Madden '11 online as I have a $10 off coupon to burn, making it $49.99 .. but I also have 2 trade-ins to knock a huge chunk off the price. I can't seem to think of any way I can do this without pre-ordering today with the trade-ins, then cancelling it right away and having them move the credit to my EDGE card... then using my credit to pre-order it online.

I know, dick move, but funds are tight. :cry:

Edit: Probably just going to trade in Crackdown 2 with a Power Trade, then WWE Smackdown 2010 to get rid of it before the value tanks again. Smackdown 2011 comes out in October so I can hold out on using the $10 off coupon until then. Should only be $7 out of pocket for Madden, so that's not too bad. I don't want to burn any bridges with the Gamestop dudes since I just moved to this area. haha

Interested to see if PS2 games work with the trade bonus this time. They're getting pretty long in the tooth. I'd like to get rid of Sly 2/3 and ICO/SOTC before the PS3 compilations come out.

[quote name='Toss']I was under the impression that only "edge" cards could be reloaded with trade credit, not the ones that say "gift" card.[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression that that's what he meant since they wouldn't have put trade-in credit on a gift card to begin with.

[quote name='rentacop']4/5 "new" games I bought during their power sale have been gutted btw so I see no problem with people renting games from them.[/QUOTE]

If you don't know this by now you've never been to Gamestop before.

[quote name='Survivalism']If you don't know this by now you've never been to Gamestop before.[/QUOTE]

Obviously I know it happens on occasion but really? It's actually 5/6 now... I mean come on there's no way each time I went in I happened to get the very last copy of these games. 2 of the boxes were in pretty bad shape and a couple of the manuals were pretty bad too.

I'll admit that I only started using them as my main retailer since Best Buy started sucking again but I would like to think they have more games than the ones on display.

[quote name='Halo05']Interested to see if PS2 games work with the trade bonus this time. They're getting pretty long in the tooth. I'd like to get rid of Sly 2/3 and ICO/SOTC before the PS3 compilations come out.[/QUOTE]

Best bet is to trade them on Goozex. ICO/SOTC will get you about 1000 points ($50 value or a brand new release) by themselves. The Sly games will only be about 100-200 points each ($5-$10) because they're greatest hits/high print runs.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Best bet is to trade them on Goozex. ICO/SOTC will get you about 1000 points ($50 value or a brand new release) by themselves. The Sly games will only be about 100-200 points each ($5-$10) because they're greatest hits/high print runs.[/QUOTE]

It hasnt even been confirmed that ICO/SOTC will come out on PS3, why on earth would you get rid of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back