GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigsick']any tiv on gran turismo 5? i got it early in a contest but i'm not a fan of racing games whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm in the same situation. I was happy that I won a copy of ModNation Racers and GT5 from the Subway contest, but I don't really like racing games. I was hoping for more than $25 for a new game, so I'll just have to try craigslist I suppose.

quick ? when it says

Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Golden Sun, Little Big Planet 2 or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, Little Big Planet 2 or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.

and say i trade in call of duty black ops that worth $30 trade in and GT5 worth $25 on it plus 35% (25% plus 10% powerup card) and put it on WoW that only cost $40 would both the games i traded in give me the 35% cuz i c it says (
Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm) and those 2 games with powerup and bonus would give me around $74 thxs all

Traded in my Wii today and all the accessories and games and what not.

Console: 45.00
Component Cables: 4.25
Wii MotionPlus: 6.00
Classic Controller Pro: 5.50
Nunchuk: 5.00
WiiMote: 9.00
Wii Sports Resort: 8.00
No More Heroes 2: 5.00
Wii Sports: 2.50
Wii Play: 1.00
Super Mario Galaxy 2: 25.00
New Super Mario Bros.: 23
MadWorld: 2

base values 11/24:

360:
Burnout Paradise 5.00
Lego Rock Band 4.00
Lego Star Wars II: Original Trilogy 5.00
Soul Calibur IV 4.00

Wii:
Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.00
High School Musical Sing It! 0.45 (quoted verbally, didn't trade, big delta from current value so maybe an error)
Incredible Hulk, The 6.00
Jenga 2.00
Overlord Dark Legend 1.50
Petz Crazy Monkeyz 2.50
Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams 4.00
Red Steel 2.00
Sonic and the Secret Rings 4.00
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz 4.00
Top Spin 3 4.00
We Ski 2.00

DS:
Deal or No Deal 2.50
Dream Pinball 1.50
Kung Fu Panda 3.00
Need for Speed: Most Wanted 4.00
Nintendogs (Dalmation) 4.00
Petz Hamsterz 2 3.00
Petz Horsez 2 2.50
Retro Atari Classics 1.50
Spider-Man 3 5.00

Base values from 11/24/2010

iconds.gif

Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood $4.00 ($0.50 drop)

iconps2_r2.gif

Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec $0.40 ($0.05 drop)
Madden NFL 2002 $0.20 ($0.05 increase)
Dual Shock Controller-Sony $3.25 ($1.25 increase) *This is basically a Sony Dualshock2 that was listed as $2 in the OP
Controller-Other Used $2.50 ($0.25 drop) *3rd Party Dualshock2

iconwii.gif

Cooking Mama: Cook Off $6.00
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 $8.00 (New to list)
MX vs ATV: Untamed $5.00 ($1 drop)
Red Steel 2 $8.00
Rock Band: Green Day $7.00

iconps3.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops $30.00

icongamecube.gif

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin $1.25 ($0.75 drop)

iconxbox360.gif

Battlestations: Pacific $9.00 ($1 drop)

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']for the trade 6/40% bonus is there any minimum? or is it for any games (gamecube, etc)? looking to pair some stuff with Halo Reach to bump the TIV. thanks[/QUOTE]

No minimum to my knowledge. Lowest TIV for the games I traded was for Castle Shikigami 2 (PS2) - $0.75; they've taken all PS2 and GC games from me so far.

Base values 11/26

:ps3:
Major League Baseball 2K7 - $0.10
Need for Speed Pro Street - $5.00
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 - $0.75

:360:
Brutal Legend - $4.00

:ds:
DS Lite system - $30.00
Nintendogs (Chihuahua) - $6.00

If you trade in a black Elite 360 do you have to trade in the black controller or could I trade in a white controller instead? Also do you have to trade in the headset?

[quote name='Donut2922']Somebody mentioned the $10 trade in bonus may still be good through today - can anybody confirm?[/QUOTE]

I traded in some stuff today and did not get the bonus.

[quote name='gamegirl79']I traded in some stuff today and did not get the bonus.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

11/26

iconxbox360.gif
Singularity $10

Wish I traded it in sooner. TIV dropped like a rock on this one.

Today base:

Super Smash Bros. Melee $4
Call of Duty Black Ops 360 $30
Fatal Frame 3 PS2 $8.5
Medal of Honor PS3 $17

[quote name='cheeky']Today base:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl $4
Call of Duty Black Ops 360 $30
Fatal Frame 3 PS2 $8.5
Medal of Honor PS3 $17

[quote name='crunchewy']If you trade in a black Elite 360 do you have to trade in the black controller or could I trade in a white controller instead? Also do you have to trade in the headset?[/QUOTE]

Any color controller should work. And no, you can keep your headset.

Remember, GS doesn't sell these as used Elites, Arcades, Pros, etc. They just sell them as used generic 360's. So you just have to trade the console, a controller, and an A/V cable. Everything else (hard drives, headsets, etc) are traded and sold separately.

Especially when Amazon is giving 26$ for Brawl.

A lady on craigslist sold a copy of Brawl too for 15$. I called her but was too late.

No sweat. I was just taken aback that they would kill the value of it suddenly since it's one of the few Wii games to relatively hold its value.

Was wondering if you could sell any game from PS2 ----> this gen games I have a few I want to use as buffer to get in on the tiered trade sorry for not being specific.

TiV 11/27/10
PS3
gran turismo 5 $25
Call of Duty Black ops $30
Medal of Honor $17

Xbox 360

Tiger woods PGA Tour 2006 $0.20
NBA 2K7 $0.25

Base from today (11/27)

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand (360) $5.00
Ape Escape: On The Loose (PSP) $1.50
Armored Core: For Answer (360) $8.00
Dead to Rights: Retribution (360) $10.00
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce (PS3) $8.00

The clerk that took my games gave me a stern warning regarding trading more than 1 of the same game. I had two copies of DW Strikeforce to play multiplayer with my wife. Yet again, more GS bullshit to put up with.

Told the clerk that while I understand why the policy might be in place (resellers etc.) there should be some thought regarding a trade on a case by case basis. After talking with his manager, I was allowed a one time exclusion & next time to bring a second person with ID. Yeah....riiiiight.

[quote name='Joe Fongul']Base from today (11/27)

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand (360) $5.00
Ape Escape: On The Loose (PSP) $1.50
Armored Core: For Answer (360) $8.00
Dead to Rights: Retribution (360) $10.00
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce (PS3) $8.00

The clerk that took my games gave me a stern warning regarding trading more than 1 of the same game. I had two copies of DW Strikeforce to play multiplayer with my wife. Yet again, more GS bullshit to put up with.

Told the clerk that while I understand why the policy might be in place (resellers etc.) there should be some thought regarding a trade on a case by case basis. After talking with his manager, I was allowed a one time exclusion & next time to bring a second person with ID. Yeah....riiiiight.[/QUOTE]

Even if you do bring this extra person with their own id I doubt they will allow the game to be included in your tiered trade.

Quick question, don't know if it's been asked before. If I trade in more than 6 games, will I get the bonus 40% on all of them, or is it only for exactly 6 games?

Does anybody know how much I could get for trading in an Xbox 360 Elite (120gb hard drive) with a b/g adapter included as well?

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Quick question, don't know if it's been asked before. If I trade in more than 6 games, will I get the bonus 40% on all of them, or is it only for exactly 6 games?[/QUOTE]

6 or more.

[quote name='zpoor17']Does anybody know how much I could get for trading in an Xbox 360 Elite (120gb hard drive) with a b/g adapter included as well?[/QUOTE]

It's in the OP. Well, post 3 or so.

The trade in avalue for the 120gb hard drive and wireless g adapter are about 2 months old so I wanted an updated price.

[quote name='zpoor17']The trade in avalue for the 120gb hard drive and wireless g adapter are about 2 months old so I wanted an updated price.[/QUOTE]

Best bet would be to call a store tomorrow morning to ask. The people who check this thread regularly will have posted an updated TIV if they had one, so do us a favor and let us know what the TIV's are.

11/26 and 11/27 tivs
alone in the dark 1.00
lego indiana jones 0.50
cod black ops 30.00
tales of vesperia 13.00
singularity 10.00

wii
smg2 25.00
madden 2007 1.50
naked brothers band 0.50

ps3
wwe raw 2009 1.50

ds
dynasty warriors fighter's 1.50
my sims 3.00
mario kart 20.00
mario sonic olympic 6.00

GBA
mario kart super circuit 4.50

11/27 TIV's

:360: CoD Black Ops - 30.00
:ps3: CoD Black Ops - 30.00
:ps3: Truth or Lies - 5.00
:wii: Conduit - 6.00
:gc: Super Mario Sunshine - 4.50
:gc: Legend of Zelda: Windwaker - 5.75
HDMI Cable - 5.25

[quote name='kataztrophik']Best bet would be to call a store tomorrow morning to ask. The people who check this thread regularly will have posted an updated TIV if they had one, so do us a favor and let us know what the TIV's are.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. If it's not updated here, no regular has updated info, because we are pretty quick to the draw. If you do get a quote, we'd love to hear it.

I have a silver psp 3000, but it has an internal crack in the screen. It plays umds and videos fine, but you can't see most of them. I was wondering if I could trade it in to gamestop?

Does GS still take GBA games and if so, is it included in their 2/4/6 promo trade in? Will it work because I got 10 GBA games complete in their boxes that I want to get rid of.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']Does GS still take GBA games and if so, is it included in their 2/4/6 promo trade in? Will it work because I got 10 GBA games complete in their boxes that I want to get rid of.[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but you should hold onto the boxes because gs will likely just throw them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back