GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to report that the coupon did work (+25 bucks on the Wii, +30% on games)

The 30% worked as keyed in, the 25 didn't, but they did it manually. Wii trade in value was 75 bucks w/ coupon.

Base trade in values for 360 - I traded these in yesterday

UFC 2010 - $10
Call of Duty WaW - $10
Orange Box - $7
COD 4 GOTY - $2.50
Assassin's Creed (Platinum Hits) - $2.50

I got $55.20 after EDGE and 5 for $20 promo

Not too shabby

Sorry if it was already posted and I missed it but....they also have a promo where if you pre-order any game from a B&M store you get a coupon code for $5 off a gamestop.com order. You get a code for each pre-order. You can also get god of war 3 for free w/ purchase of a refurbished ps3 console.

Updated lists and database, changed promos over and title & finally removed the BBCode. Got enough people saying they preferred the old style over the BBCode formatting.

TIV 9/26

360 RB6 Vegas 2 $3
360 Dead Rising $5
360 GTA IV $5
360 Shrek the 3rd $3

PS3 TH Proving Ground $5

Wii Academy of Champions Soccer $3
Wii SBob Creature from the K $5
Wii Metroid Prime 3 Corruption $6
Wii Super MBall Banana Blitz $5
Wii TNA Impact $2.50

[quote name='TemplePilot']Just wanted to report that the coupon did work (+25 bucks on the Wii, +30% on games)

The 30% worked as keyed in, the 25 didn't, but they did it manually. Wii trade in value was 75 bucks w/ coupon.[/QUOTE]

Possibly because this is not really a print out coupon, it was handed to me in store and i scanned it onto the computer. Glad to see it is working for those who don't have the exact coupon that is handed out -- i assumed they had these coupons at all gamestops, but i guess not?

I got a question about the new power up program(sorry if answered)

They give us a welcome B2G1 free, well i was wondering, do we have to use that B2G1 free right then and there or can we save it for later use, because i read in a pamphlet they had about something that we have 60 days to use any certificates...and, i know this is highly unlikely, but are we allowed to use this B2G1 online? Thanks CAGs.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']I got a question about the new power up program(sorry if answered)

They give us a welcome B2G1 free, well i was wondering, do we have to use that B2G1 free right then and there or can we save it for later use, because i read in a pamphlet they had about something that we have 60 days to use any certificates...and, i know this is highly unlikely, but are we allowed to use this B2G1 online? Thanks CAGs.[/QUOTE]

My B2G1 was only valid for 30 days, but I was in a test market so that was a few months ago. It could have changed to 60, but mine was 30. It actually should print an expiry date at the bottom of the legal mumbo jumbo.

And no, you cannot use it online. Gamestop stores and Gamestop online are two different companies owned by the same corporation. Which is why the prices in store a lot of times don't match the prices online. At least that's what they tell you... :bouncy:

Yup here it is:

gstopb2g1.jpg

[quote name='Tom Jane']My B2G1 was only valid for 30 days, but I was in a test market so that was a few months ago. It could have changed to 60, but mine was 30. It actually should print an expiry date at the bottom of the legal mumbo jumbo.

And no, you cannot use it online. Gamestop stores and Gamestop online are two different companies owned by the same corporation. Which is why the prices in store a lot of times don't match the prices online. At least that's what they tell you... :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Thanks man!

[quote name='Tom Jane']My B2G1 was only valid for 30 days, but I was in a test market so that was a few months ago. It could have changed to 60, but mine was 30. It actually should print an expiry date at the bottom of the legal mumbo jumbo.

And no, you cannot use it online. Gamestop stores and Gamestop online are two different companies owned by the same corporation. Which is why the prices in store a lot of times don't match the prices online. At least that's what they tell you... :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Wierd, mine expires like november 30th or something.

When you sign up for the PowerUp Pro card (previously Edge discount) the B2G1 offer is added to your active offers after activating your account at the PowerUp website.
If you got your card in say, August, your coupon should show that it is good until the end of October.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't get the scanned coupon to work. Bummer. Here's what I traded:

Green Day: Rock Band - $13
Dragon Age: Origins - $8
Burnout Paradise - $5
Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions - $22
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - $20
Dragon Quest IX - $20

One oddity was that my store was no longer taking DJ Hero. It's not a company-wide policy so YMMV.

"hich is why the prices in store a lot of times don't match the prices online. At least that's what they tell you... :bouncy:"

They tell me it's because they account for shipping online. When I say that I just tell them that all orders over $25 are free shipping because there's been a code active for just about ever.

Wow... this is something new to the GS experience for me.

I've never had a problem until today. So I go in and pick up my DR2 CE for the PS3. I rushed home to drop it off because I need to run errands. And guess what? No game disc. I'm dumbfounded. Anyone else have similar experiences?

The store told me to call customer service. The CSR told me to contact the district manager.

I was in such a rush that I forgot to check the receipt for my NInja DLC... which wasn't there either. So far I am 0-2 today!

TIV (9/28/10)

Xbox 360:

Burnout Paradise: $5
FIFA Soccer 10: $4
FIFA Street 3: $3
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008: $1.50

Forgot that FIFA 10 would drop that much after FIFA 11 released today. Would have been better off trading in last week with the Trade 3, get $10 deal instead of the 30% coupon. Oh well, you live and learn I suppose.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Wow... this is something new to the GS experience for me.

I've never had a problem until today. So I go in and pick up my DR2 CE for the PS3. I rushed home to drop it off because I need to run errands. And guess what? No game disc. I'm dumbfounded. Anyone else have similar experiences?

The store told me to call customer service. The CSR told me to contact the district manager.

I was in such a rush that I forgot to check the receipt for my NInja DLC... which wasn't there either. So far I am 0-2 today![/QUOTE]

the no DLC on receipt doesnt surprise me, they forgot to give me my Reach dlc code too.

but no disc in the case? was it sealed?

Traded in on COD spec ops- 25% + %10

Halo Reach-40
Crackdown 2-$22

So basically made a little money off the BB deal.

[quote name='pun123']Traded in on COD spec ops- 25% + %10

Halo Reach-40
Crackdown 2-$22

So basically made a little money off the BB deal.[/QUOTE]

i'm assuming that is not base price for halo?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']the no DLC on receipt doesnt surprise me, they forgot to give me my Reach dlc code too.

but no disc in the case? was it sealed?[/QUOTE]
It was sealed dude... no response yet, but I did send the email late.

Hopefully I'll get a response tomorrow. Sucks because I was looking forward to playing this today.

No luck with the $25 extra on PS3, coupon didn't register in the system at my gamestop. Manager told me he'd call me tomorrow after he spoke with customer service, who are busy today with training. =P

Where do I get this extra $25 hardware coupon? Do I just bring in the system to gamestop and they'll have a coupon there for me?

[quote name='Skyballin']Where do I get this extra $25 hardware coupon? Do I just bring in the system to gamestop and they'll have a coupon there for me?[/QUOTE]
It appears to be YMMV on if your store has them. The printouts of the image included don't appear to be working at the stores.

Ok, thanks JP. I have some more annoying questions for you lol. If I do find a gamestop that has the coupons, would they add $25 for every system I have? Because I have a wii, PSP, and PS3 that I'd like to sell. Would my best bet be to go to 3 different gamestops??
Also, the extra $25 deal is good through Oct. 1 so does that mean if I go to Gamestop on Oct. 1 they'll still accept the trade?

[quote name='Skyballin']Ok, thanks JP. I have some more annoying questions for you lol. If I do find a gamestop that has the coupons, would they add $25 for every system I have? Because I have a wii, PSP, and PS3 that I'd like to sell. Would my best bet be to go to 3 different gamestops??
Also, the extra $25 deal is good through Oct. 1 so does that mean if I go to Gamestop on Oct. 1 they'll still accept the trade?[/QUOTE]
Your best bet on multiple systems is to probably do separate transactions. The store shouldn't care about doing that if they have the coupons. When promos end on a certain date you can go the day off and it'll still work.
[quote name='darthballz']The +$25 for system-trade coupon says through october 17 on it. Is the 10/1 a typo or do you know something we don't, OP?[/QUOTE]
It's 17th, I'm just horrible typist/proofreader.

Traded in for Dead Rising 2:

Base TIV / TIV after 10% Edge & 25% towards DR2

:wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $25 / $33.75
:wii: Mario Kart Wii (game only) - $16 / $21.60
:wii: Wii Wheel - $2 / $2.20
:ps3: FEAR 2 Project Origin - 6 / $8.10

Not bad. I picked up DR2 and about $5 credit to spare.

Just to let you guys know, I was just at Gamestop and tried to use the $25 extra coupon when trading in my PSP. The manager at the store called his boss when the coupon wouldn't scan, and his boss told him it was fake. I dunno if that's true, but they definitely didn't let me use it (and I didn't do the trade in).

[quote name='zujwa']Just to let you guys know, I was just at Gamestop and tried to use the $25 extra coupon when trading in my PSP. The manager at the store called his boss when the coupon wouldn't scan, and his boss told him it was fake. I dunno if that's true, but they definitely didn't let me use it (and I didn't do the trade in).[/QUOTE]

Damn that sucks. I just called 2 local gamestops and asked them if they had any of the coupons and they had no idea what I was talking about. I guess we're both screwed.

Is it generally accepted that the bonus trade offers are only good toward console versions of a game? DR2 PC @ 39.99 would be easy to hit with a trade, but somehow I doubt it's valid.

Just as an FYI according to my Gamestop they do not take XBOX Vision Cameras or wired headsets anymore.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Is it generally accepted that the bonus trade offers are only good toward console versions of a game? DR2 PC @ 39.99 would be easy to hit with a trade, but somehow I doubt it's valid.[/QUOTE]
Correct. They no longer take PC games in for trade and haven't for a long time now.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Correct. They no longer take PC games in for trade and haven't for a long time now.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure we're on the same page - I don't want to trade in a PC game, I want to know if trading in a game (Super Mario Galaxy 2, et al) can be used with the promo toward the PC version of Dead Rising 2 instead of the console version. The ad doesn't state it...I should probably just call.

Sorry. I misunderstood your post there. As for the offer though, I don't see anything saying the bonus offer only includes the console versions, so give it a shot.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I'm not sure we're on the same page - I don't want to trade in a PC game, I want to know if trading in a game (Super Mario Galaxy 2, et al) can be used with the promo toward the PC version of Dead Rising 2 instead of the console version. The ad doesn't state it...I should probably just call.[/QUOTE]

Worst come to worst, couldn't you just trade in towards DR2 console version and get a gift receipt? Then return it and get the PC version. Although I suppose that requires multiple trips/stores.

Also, considering how much credit I have at Gamestop and what my trades would get me anyway, and the PC version having no achievements, maybe I should just not think so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back