GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Xerxes']Na na na! How'd you swing that? Did they have to do the 3 for 20% as well or did the computer automatically handle that for you?

I mean I have the coupon and figured it would be one of the other plus my edge card. 40% being the best I could reckon for wasn't bad but 60% would be smashing.[/QUOTE]

Best of luck, I'm positive it was an accident on their part. He did all my trade-ins and the computer added the 20%, then I showed him the coupon and neither of them could get it to work so the guy told him to just adjust the price manually. If the coupon had worked properly it wouldn't have stacked with the 20%.

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']They do not take broken 360s for the most part. Broken PS3s, depending on the problem, will be accepted for a $30-$40 refurb fee, putting the trade-in value around $80 or less depending on the model.[/QUOTE]

Ahh thanks, it's been along time since i've been to a GS or followed the trade thread. I knew they used to take 360, I told him to call if he's going to try to get a slim.

Just wanted to say that the $25 extra coupon when trading in hardware did not work in Asheville, NC today. The cashier said that it may start working this Monday when the new thing comes out, but I doubt it.

It was a great deal, too bad it won't work in my area.

[quote name='Survivalism']Best of luck, I'm positive it was an accident on their part. He did all my trade-ins and the computer added the 20%, then I showed him the coupon and neither of them could get it to work so the guy told him to just adjust the price manually. If the coupon had worked properly it wouldn't have stacked with the 20%.[/QUOTE]
I finally went just went in earlier today. (I'll put my values on soon.) They couldn't get the 30% deal to go through.

At first the guy checked me through, scanned the coupon and gave me the deal. I asked about to the coupon and he was all positive "Yep good to go." So I went to my car and did a little math on one of the items and came up with the fact, I got only the 20% coupon. So I go back in and call him on it. He looks at it for a moment. Whips out a calculator. Can't make it go through. Calls the manager. They don't want to give me the the 30% and claim that it is what it is cause with the 20% and the edge card, it's going to be 30%. And I'm like, ummm no read the fine print on the 20% and 30% deal. The edge card works on anything. I guess since the manager wasn't there they couldn't make the machine do what it needed to do.

He was cool, said he'd hook me up later. Still beat Amazon this time. Now I just wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday shenanigans. Probably ought to take this guy up on his offer before he leaves. Shoot it as a preorder his way or something.

Base Trade In Values today (10/09/2010)

360 - Spiderman: Web of Shadows $6
360 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine $5
PSP - Little Big Planet $7

With the 30% bump, paid in full a used copy of Infinite Space for the DS. Good deal on a semi-rare game ;)

the Scanned 30% is YMMV. My Gamestop denied the coupon stating it should be in pamphlet format not printed. I was w/e, i am getg 20% of what little i get from my trades anyways. no wallets.

[quote name='Silent1738']Quick question here. Does GS take trade ins for games that do not have cases?[/QUOTE]

Yes, although the rare store might try to charge a refurb fee.

[quote name='Silent1738']Ahh okay, so if that were to happen how much would they generally charge? or is that just up to them?[/QUOTE]
They aren't supposed to charge a refurb for missing case, but if they do the refurbish fee depends on the trade-in value of the game, generally around 20%.

TIVs for 10/10

:ps2: James Bond 007: Nightfire - $0.90
:gba: Madagascar - $2.25
:gba: Skydancers - $0.50

2 questions about Xbox 360 console trade-ins:

1) All of these power trade deals only apply for games, right?

2) I know the TIV for the 360 is listed like this:

Core unit + wireless controller - $45 (9/9/10)

But is that including all the cords and everything, or do I have to add the TIV for the power cord and A/V cable?

Thanks

Um hello you overlooked my post. Please do not ignore posts made by members, no matter how rarely they may post. =)

10-6-10

Mario Golf Toadstool Tour - $2.00
Shadow of the Colossus - $5.00
Wii Fit - $1.00

[quote name='Demon Soul']PS3:

BASE value 10/9:

Red Dead Redemption - 23[/QUOTE]
Wow. If I wasn't letting someone from CAG locally borrow my copy I'd probably dump it since it seems everyone I go to play with as of late has the paid DLC crap. So when we do the 'new' hideouts that are in each pack I get zip, zilch, zero, nada, nothing for helping them to clear those out.:roll:

If Rockstar pulls this same shit with the next GTA and keeps out X or Y items from multiplayer due to wanting to nickel and dime for it later via paid DLC, then they can fuck themselves and I'll buy every one of their games USED from here on out.

They're the only publisher/developer I actually don't mind supporting as of now, but this RDR crap has me on the fence.

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']Um hello you overlooked my post. Please do not ignore posts made by members, no matter how rarely they may post. =)

10-6-10

Mario Golf Toadstool Tour - $2.00
Shadow of the Colossus - $5.00
Wii Fit - $1.00[/QUOTE]

Wasn't intentional. I scope the thread for values and your original post of the values didn't have list put out like this one so I just passed right by it. I went back 5 pages and still missed it because of the way I look for the information. I eventually had to search for you name just to find the post itself.

10-09

Borderlands - 9
Borderlands Add-on Pack - 6
Dragon Age: Origins - 8
Dragon Age: Awakenings - 10
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat - 2
FIFA 2010 - 4
Call of Juarez - 4
Splinter Cell: Double Agent - 2.50

PS3
Socom Confrontation - 2.50

DS
Dragon Quest IX - 16

PS2
God of War - 2.25
God of War 2 - 3
Shado of the Colassuss - 5
ICO - 12.50

called in to get these values:

360:
super street fighter 4- $18
assassin's creed 2- $5

i hope to find out the new promo soon, getting only 20% seems kind of weak.

A couple trade values from today(did not trade these in, just asked about them while in the store):

:ps3:Grand Theft Auto IV-$7
:ps3:Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City-$10

With the GTA IV Complete compilation coming out on the 26th of October I guess the values were bound to be mediocre for both.

:360: Rock Band 2 $5.00

Picked up some points while I was there. I love how they are printing Live Point codes on the receipt now. Hated opening those stupid plastic cases. Also, I know a lot of markets are getting Power Up this week. Just a heads up, this is going to drag out transaction times like crazy. They have to pitch it to everyone, since there's a free version and a pro (pro = Edge card).

Hi All, Looking for a little help here on how I should go about trading in some games for NBA 2k11. Heres what Im thinking.

Madden 11--$25
Modern Warfare 2---$16
Maybe a Game or Two That could add to $5 so my base total will be about $46. Plus the 20% Promotion plus 10% will give me $60 exactly.

Trading MW2 isnt a problem because I dont have Xbox Live right now.

Does this seem like my safest bet?..It wont be too much of a hassle like trading into Amazon..Any help will be appreciated. THANKS!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wow. If I wasn't letting someone from CAG locally borrow my copy I'd probably dump it since it seems everyone I go to play with as of late has the paid DLC crap. So when we do the 'new' hideouts that are in each pack I get zip, zilch, zero, nada, nothing for helping them to clear those out.:roll:

If Rockstar pulls this same shit with the next GTA and keeps out X or Y items from multiplayer due to wanting to nickel and dime for it later via paid DLC, then they can fuck themselves and I'll buy every one of their games USED from here on out.

They're the only publisher/developer I actually don't mind supporting as of now, but this RDR crap has me on the fence.[/QUOTE]

Wow where have you been? Most of the companies have been raping people with DLC since the beginning..... Simple solution though is not to buy it.
I bought all the DLC for Bad Company 2 and wow what a rip lol, the only game so far That I feel like the DLC wasnt a total rip was the Borderlands stuff.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Wow where have you been? Most of the companies have been raping people with DLC since the beginning..... Simple solution though is not to buy it.
I bought all the DLC for Bad Company 2 and wow what a rip lol, the only game so far That I feel like the DLC wasnt a total rip was the Borderlands stuff.[/QUOTE]

I agree that the Borderlands DLC rules, but I simply don't buy arcade or dlc anymore since it's wasted money with no return. DLC is not for cheap ass gamers.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Wow where have you been? Most of the companies have been raping people with DLC since the beginning..... Simple solution though is not to buy it.
I bought all the DLC for Bad Company 2 and wow what a rip lol, the only game so far That I feel like the DLC wasnt a total rip was the Borderlands stuff.[/QUOTE]
Up until the RDR DLC I didn't really give a shit, since the content I wanted was coming out on a physical format(aka the GTA episodes after the exclusive deal with MS ended). It appeals to me only when A) it comes out on a disc and B) when it has enough added value for me personally.

Multiplayer only skins and the ability to play dice and cards and some more shitty hideouts do not equal a good value for me. If it had been a completely seperate storyline focusing on a minor character from the game, their backstory and it further tied up the main storyline's loose ends, then it'd be worth it to me.

A few more trade ins today (as of 10/12)

Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition (Gamecube) - 9.50
King of Fighters: Orochi Saga (PS2) - 4.00
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (Ps3) - 7.00
Lego Rock Band (360) - 5.00
Tekken 6 (360) - 6.00

Traded some and checked on others today.

DS
Professor Layton Unwound Future $20
GTA Chinatown Wars $7
Tecmo Bowl Kickoff $2
Contra 4 $4

PS3
GI Joe: Rise of Cobra $7
Saboteur $6
Midnight Club LA Complete $7

And Fallout. I loved Fallout's DLC, especially Point Lookout.

Just called 60gb PS3 is down to $120 :cry:

Requires official controller, usb cable, ac and av cables. Picked one up in a cheapass local trade.

Sorry for the off-topic post, but has anyone had any luck with the 30% trade-in coupon? I picked up a copy of Mario Kart DS yesterday that I don't intend on playing. Would love to dump it with a 40% trade bonus. Should I even bother asking, or just hope they are still out?

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Does anyone know if the 20% bonus works with last-gen games?[/QUOTE]

My local GS told me it works with all games as long as they are $2.50 in value (I guess they don't want to give you an extra 20 cents for your copy of Madden 08). Not sure if thats a local thing or not, but the 20% bonus worked on the PS2 games I traded in.

[quote name='darkside31337']My local GS told me it works with all games as long as they are $2.50 in value (I guess they don't want to give you an extra 20 cents for your copy of Madden 08). Not sure if thats a local thing or not, but the 20% bonus worked on the PS2 games I traded in.[/QUOTE]

On the other hand my local stores say that you can trade in any games they normally would accept, regardless of value or system, and receive the credit. It's actually a good way to get rid of old crappy last-gen games that no one would want for free if you combine them with a high-value current gen game.

[quote name='killer9']Anyone know what the next trade in deal will be or if these will be extended[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing they will be posted tomorrow. Always seems like the Thursday or Friday prior to the new deals.

[quote name='flagg1216']I'm guessing they will be posted tomorrow. Always seems like the Thursday or Friday prior to the new deals.[/QUOTE]

This.

Hoping for a Fable III trade-in deal.

Trade in prices from today:

:ps2::
Capcom vs SNK 2: 4.75
Marc Ecko's Getting Up: 0.65
MGS3 Subsistence: 3.25
NFS Most Wanted: 2.25
NFS Underground 2: 2.00
Socom 3: 1.00
Spiderman 2: 1.25
Star Wars Battlefront 2: 2.75

:gc::
Resident Evil Zero: 2.75
Resident Evil: 3.50
Madden 2003: 0.20
Star Wars Bounty Hunter: 2.75

Total with 25% Bonus (towards Black Ops) and 10% Edge: $36.59. Kind of annoyed that base prices aren't on my receipt anymore so I have to do 1st grade math to get them :(

Halo Reach (360) $30
Speed Racer (Wii) $2.50
Darksiders (360) $5.00
Tropico 3 (360) $6.00
MLB 2k10 (360) $11.00
Wanted (360) $4

I tried to use the 30% bonus coupon but they shot me down after asking me several questions (where did you get it, is it expired, what type of ink did you use, what's your blood type) and then laying the "oh it says it doesn't combine with other offers" excuse on me.

After the 20% deal and the bonus 10%, I got $76.

Oh and they were pimping their new rewards program. The lady says something like if you buy a game for $60, you're 1/4 of the way to a free $20 PSN/1600 MS Points card.

Wrong.

I looked up the rewards, and the cards are 20,000 points. So yeah, at 10 points per dollar, it would take 30+ game purchases of $60 to get a free $20 card.

What a deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back