GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
TIV from earlier today.

:360:
Console - $45
Microsoft Wireless Controller - $11
20GB Hard Drive - $10
Play & Charge Kit - $5.75
Borderlands - $8

When I called yesterday, I was told I'd get $1.75 for the Wii Wheel that came with Mario Kart Wii. I tried to trade it in today, and they told me they weren't taking them.

[quote name='nixmahn']today

x360
stranglehold 1.00
alone in the dark 1.00
conan 1.50

Does any know if these prices will qualify these games for any known/future promos?[/QUOTE]

GS BF ads (beginning 11/26) will have a trade-in promotion for TRADE 2 Games GET EXTRA 10% bump, TRADE 4 Games GET EXTRA 20% bump, and TRADE 6 Games or More GET EXTRA 40% bump (before Power-Up/Edge bonus). There wasn't any fine print indication on a minimum trade-in value.

cod3 2.50
mercenasries 2 2.50
condemned 2 2.50
lego star wars complete 9.00
mass effect 2 5.00
history channel :civil war 3.00
saints row 2.00
arcade unplugged 2.00
assassin's creed 2.00
are you smarter than a 5th: game time 4.00
wii
super monkey ball banana blitz 4.00
winter sports ultimate challenge 3.00
madden 07 1.50
ds
petz wild animal dolphinz 2.50
ps3
assassin's creed 3.00

11-20
iconps3.gif

Haze - 2.50
Enchanted Arms - 2.50
Tony Hawk: Project 8 - 2.50

[quote name='HydroX']:wall:[/QUOTE]

Why is this so bad? they're not exactly that expensive on ebay anymore.. people are cutting throats left and right to make a sale and you can get one for 20 ish. I dont see anything wrong with trading one in

I think it would depend on the condition, I suppose. If the Wavebird was still in good shape, and the buttons were not loose, I'd sell it elsewhere. If it was heavily used, I'd probably dump it on GS, just to avoid all the bitching you would probably get when the buyer received the controller and didn't like the feel of it.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I think it would depend on the condition, I suppose. If the Wavebird was still in good shape, and the buttons were not loose, I'd sell it elsewhere. If it was heavily used, I'd probably dump it on GS, just to avoid all the bitching you would probably get when the buyer received the controller and didn't like the feel of it.[/QUOTE]

yeah definitely. I know eScam these days is basically people trying to get something free and/or buyers remorse. I sold a cell phone awhile back and the lady said she didn't receive it, luckily, my cheap ass had SIGNATURE confirmation with her sig pic'd.

sorry to thread jack ya JP, but long story short, be careful on there! I lol'd when i told her i had a pic of her sig, she quited up pretty fast! (before it was "im going to paypal ebay git mi moneey bak" lol.

Updated lists and database.

Also, to the GameStop employees that sent me the new promo information on Wednesday and Thursday last week I apologize for not getting it posted. I spaced my PMs for the past week.

Gamecube -

Resident Evil - 3.25
Resident Evil Zero - 2.75

Playstation 2 -

Rumble Racing - .65
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance - 3.25
Samurai Shodown Anthology - 4.75
Taito Legends 2 - .60
Maximo: Ghosts to Glory - .65
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X - 1.00

[quote name='FatBoyInside']GS BF ads (beginning 11/26) will have a trade-in promotion for TRADE 2 Games GET EXTRA 10% bump, TRADE 4 Games GET EXTRA 20% bump, and TRADE 6 Games or More GET EXTRA 40% bump (before Power-Up/Edge bonus). There wasn't any fine print indication on a minimum trade-in value.[/QUOTE]
might hafta wait to trade in madden, nhl, and some other titles til then hmmm.

On 11/16 (I really wish I had known about the 40% bonus before I traded these in w/ 25%)

All values before bonus

PS2
Devil May Cry 3 SE 2.50
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 0.80
Midway Treasures 2 1.80
Midway Treasures 1 1.20
We love Katamari 4.20
Katamari Damacy 3.20
Odin Shpere 3.20
Dragon Quest VIII 2.80
Sonic Mega Collection 2.00
Sly Cooper 1.00
Sly 2 1.5
Sly 3 2.00
Devil May Cry 1 1.20
Final Fantasy XII 2.50
Campions of Norrath 3.80
Wallace & Gromit Project Zoo .90
Wallace and Gromit Curse of the Ware Rabbit .60
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time 2.80
Veggietales: Larry Boy and the Bad Apple .90
Jak & Daxter: Precursor 1.00
PS2 wireless controller 3.20
PS2 off brand 8 MB memory card 2.00
PS2 brand 8 MB card 2.20
PS2 Fat 20.00

Gamecube
Star Wars Rogue Squandron 2 1.20
Mario Part 7 w/o mic 6.00
Viewtiful Joe 2 .90
Battalion Wars 1.0
Lord of the Rings Third Age 1.80
Cars 2.00
Donkey Konga (no bongos) 1.00
Donkey Konga 2 (no bongos) 1.20
F-Zero GX 1.0

Wii Zapper 5.80

Are you sure all of those values are before bonuses? The ones under $1 I see with the odd ones, but I've never seen anything besides $X.00, $X.25, $X.50, or $X.75 on games above $1.

Saw this just now in my powerup account.

"11/16/2010 GameStop PowerUp Points 1,080"

Anyone know what it means?

edit: I guess I should mention before someone asks, but it wasn't from any trasaction I made. And this entry, unlike the others, isn't a link that gives details about it.

[quote name='JP']Are you sure all of those values are before bonuses? The ones under $1 I see with the odd ones, but I've never seen anything besides $X.00, $X.25, $X.50, or $X.75 on games above $1.[/QUOTE]I thought that was odd too. My receipt doesn't show the base value, so I just multiplied the power bonus by 10. I also didn't see any refurbishing fees.

[quote name='Gertle627']Saw this just now in my powerup account.

"11/16/2010 GameStop PowerUp Points 1,080"

Anyone know what it means?

edit: I guess I should mention before someone asks, but it wasn't from any trasaction I made. And this entry, unlike the others, isn't a link that gives details about it.[/QUOTE]

i have something similar i figured it was the double points for trading towards black ops?

Looking at my PowerUp Reward account, I received 2940 points on 11/16/10. Last time I stepped foot in Gamestop was 11/10/10. I have no idea what or where those points are from, but I am not complaining!

I did not buy/trade in towards Black Ops btw

[quote name='fs8gbe']midnight club la 360 - 11.04
FF13 360 - 11.04
COD 4 360 - 6.09[/QUOTE]

You're supposed to post the base values.

I'm assuming
:360: CoD 4 is 2.50 Base + .25 EDGE + 3.34 Promo
:360: FF13 is 7.00 Base + .70 EDGE + 3.34 Promo
:360: Midnight Club LA is 7.00 Base + .70 EDGE + 3.34 Promo

[quote name='orangecrush']I thought that was odd too. My receipt doesn't show the base value, so I just multiplied the power bonus by 10. I also didn't see any refurbishing fees.[/QUOTE]

They probably just were rounded. For instance 3.80 = 3.75, etc. I hate that GS doesn't list base prices on the receipts now..

[quote name='fs8gbe']midnight club la 360 - 11.04
FF13 360 - 11.04
COD 4 360 - 6.09[/QUOTE]

Only bases values newbie! But appreciate the update.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']GS BF ads (beginning 11/26) will have a trade-in promotion for TRADE 2 Games GET EXTRA 10% bump, TRADE 4 Games GET EXTRA 20% bump, and TRADE 6 Games or More GET EXTRA 40% bump (before Power-Up/Edge bonus). There wasn't any fine print indication on a minimum trade-in value.[/QUOTE]

Looks like they pulled the old switcheroo on us. I knew the OP had said the Trade 3, get $10 deal lasted a few more days, but thought it was weird that every store I called this morning was talking about 10 or 40%. And now the website only has the new Tiered Trade Offer. Sucks, I was gonna dump a ton of cheap games today.

edit: Seems the $10 hardware bonus is also gone. Guess I'm keeping my Gamecube a while longer.

[quote name='orcafan8']i have something similar i figured it was the double points for trading towards black ops?[/QUOTE]
Not for me, haven't pre-ordered or bought anything new in months. And haven't even been in the store or bought anything online in a couple weeks. Weird, they give out free points.

[quote name='Gertle627']Looks like they pulled the old switcheroo on us. I knew the OP had said the Trade 3, get $10 deal lasted a few more days, but thought it was weird that every store I called this morning was talking about 10 or 40%. And now the website only has the new Tiered Trade Offer. Sucks, I was gonna dump a ton of cheap games today.
[/QUOTE]

Worst news ever! I had a bunch of cheap games to ditch as well. Good thing I didn't waste a trip.

The trade 3 get $10 expired after close of business on Sunday like it normally would. They just had a 3-day extension on the Power Trade for AC: Brotherhood, Black Ops, and DKC through Wednesday. Then all of the BF trade deals kick in.

Except that the dates we had said the other promos would go through the end of the week.

In any event, updates from today!

Crackdown 2 - $9
Dead Rising 2 - $22
Modern Warfare 2 - $8
NBA 2K11 - $25
Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions - $17

Wii
New Super Mario Bros - $23
Pokemon Battle Revolution - $15

dammit on the 3/$10 ending before the date posted...

So if my math is correct any 6 games worth more than $8.35 base each nets you more $ than 3/$10 ...

lol not many in my stack ...

trades from earlier today, all PS3

HDMI cable: 5.25 (obviously not just ps3 hah)
Killzone 2: 5.00
Resident Evil 5: 6.00
Valkyria Chronicles: 6.00
Ratchet and Clank Tools: 6.00
Silent Hill Homecoming: 6.00
Soul Calibur 4: 4.00
Disgaea 3: 8.00
Hot Shots Gold OoB: 9.00
Grand Theft Auto 4: 5.00
Red Faction: Guerrilla: 4.00
Ninja Gaiden Sigma: 3.00
Resistance Fall of Man: 2.50
Fallout 3: 6.00
MGS 4: 5.00
Assassin's Creed: 3.00

Keep up the good work everyone :)

anyone remember the trade in bonus from last December? i missed the 3+$10 because i thought it ran thru Wed, and i'm clutching my stack hoping for a better bonus 12/6 since an additional 10-20% is poppycock.

[quote name='Corndog_McGee']anyone remember the trade in bonus from last December? i missed the 3+$10 because i thought it ran thru Wed, and i'm clutching my stack hoping for a better bonus 12/6 since an additional 10-20% is poppycock.[/QUOTE]

the trade 3 for an extra 10 worked for me 2 hours ago.

wait a second so any HDMI cable can be traded it for over $5 before powerup bonus? including the generic ones?

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']trades from earlier today, all PS3

HDMI cable: 5.25 (obviously not just ps3 hah)

Keep up the good work everyone :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Corndog_McGee']anyone remember the trade in bonus from last December? i missed the 3+$10 because i thought it ran thru Wed, and i'm clutching my stack hoping for a better bonus 12/6 since an additional 10-20% is poppycock.[/QUOTE]
Well it is actually an extra 40% (which is 50 w/ Edge) if you have 6 to trade. But definitely not as good as 3/$10 for most games.

[quote name='Gertle627']Looks like they pulled the old switcheroo on us. I knew the OP had said the Trade 3, get $10 deal lasted a few more days, but thought it was weird that every store I called this morning was talking about 10 or 40%. And now the website only has the new Tiered Trade Offer. Sucks, I was gonna dump a ton of cheap games today.

edit: Seems the $10 hardware bonus is also gone. Guess I'm keeping my Gamecube a while longer.

[/QUOTE]

Bah, that blows. I had a few more games to trade as well as my old PS2 and GBA. I never use the GBA, but was wondering if anyone knew if you'd get a $10 bonus for trading that sucker in during this past promo?

[quote name='shiftymcneely']I am assuming that you meant $5. Haha.[/QUOTE]

Yes. My mistake. Planet 51 for 360 has a $5 base and NOT $51.
Sorry if I caused a mass exodus as everyone ran out to buy up all of gamestop's supplies of this game.

[quote name='allen9917']wait a second so any HDMI cable can be traded it for over $5 before powerup bonus? including the generic ones?[/QUOTE]

Any old HDMI cables, so the 200 dollar ones from Best buy and the 1 dollar ones from Korea.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']the trade 3 for an extra 10 worked for me 2 hours ago.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed. I just traded in my 3 games and got the $10 bonus 1 hour ago.

11/22

iconwii.gif
WW2: Aces $6
iconwii.gif
All Star Cheer Squad $2.50
iconxbox360.gif
Brutal Legend $4

the trade 3 for $10 is still running. the pos gives you the better deal. I heard it will run until friday and then go to just the tiered promo.

I have an old 360 (i think it's an arcade i got it in mid 2006). It has lasted forever, but it red ringed again recently, and i just want to upgrade it (i got it working again). i just played it a for like an hour, and did a test where i installed halo-wars to the harddrive so i think it's working again. and if they referb it, it should run ok and i never moded anything.

So, if i go in on black friday and trade in-

My 360
cables
wireless white Microsoft controller
and the wireless internet adapter for it (the new ones have them built in right?)

what am i looking at, before and after the +$25
+i have powerup if that adds anything (i don't think it does with consoles)

scanned thread and the last one i saw posted was $45, but i don't know if that is for 360 pro or what it was for. I can't seem to find it on the trade in value tracker.

[quote name='An J0e']I have an old 360 (i think it's an arcade i got it in mid 2006). It has lasted forever, but it red ringed again recently, and i just want to upgrade it (i got it working again). i just played it a for like an hour, and did a test where i installed halo-wars to the harddrive so i think it's working again. and if they referb it, it should run ok and i never moded anything.

So, if i go in on black friday and trade in-

My 360
cables
wireless white Microsoft controller
and the wireless internet adapter for it (the new ones have them built in right?)

what am i looking at, before and after the +$25
+i have powerup if that adds anything (i don't think it does with consoles)

scanned thread and the last one i saw posted was $45, but i don't know if that is for 360 pro or what it was for. I can't seem to find it on the trade in value tracker.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7529059&postcount=3

[quote name='Survivalism']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7529059&postcount=3[/QUOTE]

Gah thought that was just a list of the games,

didn't think i would be able to get 25 for the network adapter, thats actually pretty decent. so ill get about 100 for it all

45 + 25 for console/ controller
24 for adapter
5 ish for cords.

thanks for point me there.

so $100 bucks for a console upgrade with MoH, not bad.

EDIT: just tried the xbox again and it red ringed. Now i have these two questions.

1: Do they still take red ring xboxes/ how much do they give (will i get the bonus $25).

2: do they take xboxs that have been opened (because i could fix it if i opened it)/ how much do they give for opened (will i get the bonus)

[quote name='An J0e']Gah thought that was just a list of the games,

didn't think i would be able to get 25 for the network adapter, thats actually pretty decent. so ill get about 100 for it all

45 + 25 for console/ controller
24 for adapter
5 ish for cords.

thanks for point me there.

so $100 bucks for a console upgrade with MoH, not bad.

EDIT: just tried the xbox again and it red ringed. Now i have these two questions.

1: Do they still take red ring xboxes/ how much do they give (will i get the bonus $25).

2: do they take xboxs that have been opened (because i could fix it if i opened it)/ how much do they give for opened (will i get the bonus)
[/QUOTE]
If it's been opened then they won't take it.
No, RRoD will take away the bonus. They usually just hook it up and see if it works, but if it doesn't play a game then you're beat.

I was at the store once when some kid tried to sell his in. He was like "yea I was just playing Call of Duty but when GS employees tried the XBOX wouldn't play any games.

Hmm.. I can't see this worth it. I want the new Slims but not worth it for what I'd get in Gamestop credit.

I have a Wireless controller in just like new condition but it has the RB button pushed in kind of broken. Will Gamestop take the controller?

I don't think it'd be worth it to me to do trading here. I would have to trade everything and pay $200 more to upgrade to a new 250 slim with wifi from 60gb with no wifi.

They use to take off $50 if the console was not working as a repair fee. I doubt they even take non-working 360's anymore since they are worth less than $50 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back