GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
11/22

iconxbox360.gif
MX vs ATV Reflex $6
iconxbox360.gif
Transformers War for Cybertron $11
iconwii.gif
Hannah Montana World Spotlight Tour $5

PSP 2000 $50

[quote name='frpilot']i hope the POS systems don't have an update overnight and the trade 3 get $10 still works tomorrow. i still have some games to trade in.[/QUOTE]

I hope so as well. Let me know how it goes

Question, is the trade 3/$10 still stacking with the 25% promo towards the select title because I read a few weeks back it was and if it is I wanna make some trades towards Donkey Kong.

That must've been a ymmv super lucky override for whoever got them to stack, because GS promos never stack automatically.

But good news on the 3/$10 deal; I will take some games in today.

guess ill fiddle with it and try to get the card back in place without opening it. Ill take it in and if it works and they take it then ill get a new one if it doesn't i'll just be gameless for a few months. i will be doing it on black friday, so maybe i will get lucky and they will test it fast.

and if the 3/$10 deal still works, what is the price limit? do they have to be at least worth $2? or $5?

[quote name='An J0e']Gah thought that was just a list of the games,

didn't think i would be able to get 25 for the network adapter, thats actually pretty decent. so ill get about 100 for it all

45 + 25 for console/ controller
24 for adapter
5 ish for cords.

thanks for point me there.

so $100 bucks for a console upgrade with MoH, not bad.

EDIT: just tried the xbox again and it red ringed. Now i have these two questions.

1: Do they still take red ring xboxes/ how much do they give (will i get the bonus $25).

2: do they take xboxs that have been opened (because i could fix it if i opened it)/ how much do they give for opened (will i get the bonus)
[/QUOTE]

Wrap your 360 in a bunch of towels and leave it on for about 20 minutes. Turn it off and let it rest for about an hour. Turn it on and it should play. At this point bring it in to trade it for full credit.

I know, I know, its underhanded. Just throwing it out there.

[quote name='An J0e']guess ill fiddle with it and try to get the card back in place without opening it. Ill take it in and if it works and they take it then ill get a new one if it doesn't i'll just be gameless for a few months. i will be doing it on black friday, so maybe i will get lucky and they will test it fast.

and if the 3/$10 deal still works, what is the price limit? do they have to be at least worth $2? or $5?[/QUOTE]

Anything $1.50 or over. Be careful though, when they run these promo's the TIV for games drop like a rock.

[quote name='onimushadavis']So I just bought a new 4gb 360 yesterday, and was wondering if I could return and rebuy it Friday so I can get one of the free games offered..[/QUOTE]

Unopened? Probably.

Otherwise I'd say not likely.

[quote name='BiggNick']Anything $1.50 or over. Be careful though, when they run these promo's the TIV for games drop like a rock.[/QUOTE]

You sure the 1.50 will work on the +10.00 on 3 promo? It did not last time I checked (conan @1.50), had to be 2 and over.

Whew! So the trade 3 + $10 is still running? I was worried there. Wish the OP would fix that title. In any case, glad to hear it's still working, but I think I'll not wait any longer. What about the Kinect +25% trade-in deal? I had some over $10 titles I was going to use for that. I haven't actually checked to see if they *have* Kinect sensor in stock, though. What if they don't? Can you trade in toward Kinect anyway and pick it up once they do have them?

[quote name='flagg1216']the trade 3 for $10 is still running. the pos gives you the better deal. I heard it will run until friday and then go to just the tiered promo.[/QUOTE]

i just called 3 stores near me and none were still running the 3+$10 promo

[quote name='Corndog_McGee']i just called 3 stores near me and none were still running the 3+$10 promo[/QUOTE]

You assume the employees know what their promos are. Only way to know for sure is to let the register do it. We had confirmations yesterday, but no confirmations yet today.

[quote name='Corndog_McGee']i just called 3 stores near me and none were still running the 3+$10 promo[/QUOTE]
That's as far as the clerks know. Keep in mind that it was reported to be working by a few different cags as of yesterday. And I'll trust cags over GS employees when it comes to promos 100 times out of 100. It is possible that it did end, but more than likely it's still in the system; they just think it ended because the new promo started.

edit: too slow

Another thing is that with the tiered being active at the same time, if you have one game that would work better with that or more than 3 games it will probably select the tiered trade instead of the trade 3/$10. There was a similar issue about.....a year and a half ago if I remember correctly. They had the 2/4 $5/$10 promo or something like that and a percentage boost promo. If you had an odd number of games it would select the percentage based. You had to be spot on with the number of games for it to activate correctly.

[quote name='nixmahn']You sure the 1.50 will work on the +10.00 on 3 promo? It did not last time I checked (conan @1.50), had to be 2 and over.[/QUOTE]

i learned this the hardway. when gs says games must be over $1, $2.50, $5, etc. they mean it.

in this case, games that qualify have to have a tiv of greater than $1.50, so it has to be $1.51 and up, which doesn't make sense since all their base tiv are in round amounts (ie. $2.00, 2.25, 2.50, 2.75, 3.00 etc)

I just got back from my local Gamestop and was still able to trade in my Gamecube for $10 and got the $10 bonus, so looks like that promo might still be going on. The sad thing is, I immediately used the credit to buy a second wavebird for my Wii. I essentially traded my gamecube for a wavebird! Agh! :)

[quote name='bigtaco55']I just got back from my local Gamestop and was still able to trade in my Gamecube for $10 and got the $10 bonus, so looks like that promo might still be going on. The sad thing is, I immediately used the credit to buy a second wavebird for my Wii. I essentially traded my gamecube for a wavebird! Agh! :)[/QUOTE]
Good news! I didn't even think about the fact that this promo would still be running too. I'll probably take mine in today. Thanks!

:360:

Undead Nightmare $10.00
Borderlands Add-on disc $6.00
Backyard Sports Sandlot Sluggers $5.00
Where the Wild Things Are $3.00

Got the $10 bonus yesterday around noon.

Trade 3/10+ is still active. I was told it's going until Friday.

TIVS
Wii Need for Speed: Ntro 6$
Wii Rock Band: Green Day 7$ (Gets 14.25 @ Amazon, 3 max)
Wii Truth or Lies 5$ (Microphone trades separately for 3.75$)
Wii Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles 8$
Wii Red Steel 2 8$
Wii Sin & Punishment 12$
Wii My Fitness Coach 2 4$
wii Final Fantasy: Crystal Bearers 8$
Wii SpongBob: Boating Bash 5$
Wii SpongeBob: Truth or Square 5$
PS3 DragonAge: Origins 8$
PS3 FIFA 10 5$
360 Scene It: Bright Lights 5$
360 NPPL Championship Paintball 2009 7$
360 DragonAge: Origins 8$

[quote name='stoned99']Trade 3/10+ is still active. I was told it's going until Friday.

TIVS
Wii Need for Speed: Ntro 6$
Wii Rock Band: Green Day 7$ (Gets 14.25 @ Amazon, 3 max)
Wii Truth or Lies 5$ (Microphone trades separately for 3.75$)
Wii Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles 8$
Wii Red Steel 2 8$
Wii Sin & Punishment 12$
Wii My Fitness Coach 2 4$
wii Final Fantasy: Crystal Bearers 8$
Wii SpongBob: Boating Bash 5$
Wii SpongeBob: Truth or Square 5$
PS3 DragonAge: Origins 8$
PS3 FIFA 10 5$
360 Scene It: Bright Lights 5$
360 NPPL Championship Paintball 2009 7$
360 DragonAge: Origins 8$[/QUOTE]

HAHA. Target clearance. I should go back and pick up the 7 copies of Red Steel 2. Too bad those Truth or Lies game and microphone don't trade in well.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']HAHA. Target clearance. I should go back and pick up the 7 copies of Red Steel 2. Too bad those Truth or Lies game and microphone don't trade in well.[/QUOTE]

With the +10 + 10% bonus, the Truth & Lies makes a couple of bucks. I obviously didn't trade all those games as the majority would have lost money, but this weeks Target clearance was a good one. The winner being Green Day which was 7.48 at my stores.

And now that I revisit the list the games with a tiv > 8$ will actually do better with the Trade 6 / 50% promotion.

That trade 6 or more for 40% extra sounds like a good deal. I've got a few of the $20 games I can trade in so after edge I'll get about $30 for each of them. Bye bye Just Cause 2.

[quote name='ShockandAww']That trade 6 or more for 40% extra sounds like a good deal. I've got a few of the $20 games I can trade in so after edge I'll get about $30 for each of them. Bye bye Just Cause 2.[/QUOTE]

I thought you couldnt mix the 2 promotions

Today all base
Wii
Samba De Amigo 1.00
Wii fit plus 7.00
Ea sports active more workouts 5.00
GC
Warioware mega party games 2.00
Ps3
Bfbc 2 10.00
Psp
Lbp 7.00
Psp3000 70.00

3 places here said the T3 get 10 was over but I have the actual ad that says the deal runs till nov 24 so I will go back with my lawyers...

[quote name='Zygote']3 places here said the T3 get 10 was over but I have the actual ad that says the deal runs till nov 24 so I will go back with my lawyers...[/QUOTE]

just bring in 3 games that aren't worth more than like $10 base and it'll automatically apply the trade 3 get 10 bonus promo

Traded these games in today (11/23/2010):

:gc:
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest - $15.75
WWE Day of Reckoning 2 - $2.00

:ps2:
Grim Grimoire - $2.25
Disgaea 2 - $4.25
La Pucelle: Tactics - $1.50
Odin Sphere - $3.25
Fatal Frame III: The Tormented - $8.50
Castle Shikigami 2 - $0.75

Trade in base values from 11/22

:ps3:
Golden Compass $1
Motorstorm Pacific Rift $8

:ps2:
Buzz The Hollywood Quiz $0.75

:wii:
Mario Party 8 $15
WWII Aces $6

:360:
Rock Band 2 $5
Blur $14

more updates from 11/23 (boy, I happened to make all these trades at the right time, forgot all about the B2G1)

Fifa Soccer 09 - $2.50
Naruto Rise of Ninja - $3
NFL Tour - $2

Wii
Animal Crossing: City Folk - $6
Boom Blox - $6
Boom Blox Bash Party - $7
EA Sports Active (w/ strap & band) - $10
Family Feud - $10
House of the Dead: Overkill - $6
Madworld - $2
Super Mario Galaxy - $11
Wii Sports - $2.5

Morning -
I am going with the 3/$10 being still in effect today.
(details are now gone...)
If so, was it only PS3, 360, wii, DS & PSP?
I have some GBA and do not believe they are included.
Thanks.

[quote name='donut']Morning -
I am going with the 3/$10 being still in effect today.
(details are now gone...)
If so, was it only PS3, 360, wii, DS & PSP?
I have some GBA and do not believe they are included.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

No GBA, PS2, or Gamecube. Everything else OK.

[quote name='stoned99']DS & PSP are excluded I believe.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick replys.
DS is not included?
Did anyone trade ds and get the 3/$10 (lol dammit, most of what I was taking in...)

I received it for 2 psp games, so I'm going with ds working...

Working on updating the lists. I'm also diving through previous update history to find the details that were removed. Once that promo was removed from the website I removed it from the list. Normally when it's removed from their promo list it is no longer active. DS & PSP games do qualify for the trade 3 get $10.

Confirmed the 3/$10 deal is still working today, and does work on PSP games.

Base prices, all PSP
Rainbow six vegas. $2.00
PAC-man world rally. $2.50
Rock band unplugged. $3.00
Space Invaders Extreme. $1.50 (quote only)

Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

I am thinking of trading in Halo Reach & Fallout New Vegas to bump up the credit on some games that have been siting. With edge it would be a 50% bonus right? I could turn around and just buy a new Reach & Vegas for $40/each (or B2 G1 FREE) making a basically free "bump up" on the other four games WITH a free bonus game...

Can someone double check my logic? haha!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigsick']any tiv on gran turismo 5? i got it early in a contest but i'm not a fan of racing games whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

I just called and was quoted $25.

:O i just looked at the TiV of gamecube stuff, i have only like 20 games and 10 of them are around $5 (average between them some higher some lower) and i have one that is over $15 (LoZ OoT bonus disk), with the +40% i think it may even break $100

Wtf, better trade in values then most of my 360 games. :D

Holy crap, just need to find a gamecube controller to trade with my gamecube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back