GTA IV 360 & PS3 $14.99 used @ BlockBuster (plus B1G1 free on $14.99 and under)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitedeath

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
with the buy one get one free deal going on. might be a time for anyone who did not play this to pick it up

sorry in advance if posted

she works at the BB in old Forge, pa

she said it was just marked down today

-----------------------------------------

Edit by Io...

Update 12/28 - Mass Effect is now also $14.99 at BBV, making it eligible for the B1G1!

This deal has been discussed at great length in the Blockbuster thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207038

But since GTA IV for $14.99 (used) is such a great deal we'll keep this second thread around to highlight that part of the sale for CAGs who may normally avoid the BBV thread. Note that all used games $14.99 and under are Buy 1 Get 1 Free at Blockbuster right now, so, really, GTA IV is only $7.50 if you can pair it up with another $14.99 game. Please continue general discussion of the B1G1 sale in the Blockbuster thread and only post about GTA IV in this thread.

Some details that may answer a few questions though:

1) EVERY Blockbuster in the U.S. with the exception of franchise stores should have the $14.99 pricing for both the 360 and PS3 version and should also have the B1G1 sale running. Both are [highlight]automatic[/highlight] so no matter what you are told by the store employees you will get the deal (unless they override it manually). The price drop just happened so many stores will still have them tagged $24.99 or $29.99. TRUST in CAG and you will get your cheap GTA IV ;).

2) For the most part, these were former rental copies and thus just about every Blockbuster should be overflowing with this game, particularly for the 360. When buying a copy make sure to ask to look at a few discs so you get a good one. Chances are they had a few copies that never got rented at all and are still mint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got GTAIV for my new 360. It was marked 24.99 but rang up at 14.99.

I also grabbed a copy of NCAA '08, which was marked 14.99. 2 games 16 bucks with tax. I like it.

Thanks for the heads up everyone. This site rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back from Block Buster. They told me the deal was only for the XBOX 360 version and said the PS3 version was 40$ used. Is this true? Maybe I'll try a different blockbuster.

[quote name='MrDenny']Just got back from Block Buster. They told me the deal was only for the XBOX 360 version and said the PS3 version was 40$ used. Is this true? Maybe I'll try a different blockbuster.[/quote]
no theire bsing you. Once they scan the price it will come out 14.99 and this is for all system 14.99 and under. Don't listen to bbv employees their all idiots.

picked up gta iv and orange box for 15 bucks. not a bad deal. i might go back for unreal tournament and something else, possibly dark sector

damn, I should of have the guy ring it, but the lady next to him said it was only for the 360 version. I called the other block buster, and they said they had no more:(

[quote name='mitch079']I walked in to this thread look at the deal and all I found were a bunch of women PMS'ing...great.[/quote]

Can't stop nature brah.

Great price on GTA though. I got a copy for almost every body I know with a PS3/360. :)

[quote name='guardian_owl']Epic Fail - not only were there no Grand Theft Auto IVs, there weren't even any PS3 games #-o[/quote]
You guys probably got some hoarder's in your place. Some of the CAG's member in the blockbuster thread picked up to 6 copies at least.

[quote name='filanime03']You guys probably got some hoarder's in your place. Some of the CAG's member in the blockbuster thread picked up to 6 copies at least.[/quote]

I picked up 7 copies total from 2 stores (still atleast 10 left at each store) I would not consider a person who is buying games for friends/family as a hoarder.

Went to the BB closest to my apartment ( which i just moved to) and that place was really small and had a bad games section. Two small bins that were tossed around, no GTA4s. I called the next closest BB to see if they had any and they said they had about 12 GTA 4s for 360. Went there, looked around and there game section was a little better despite the same games having different price tags on them ( pet peeve...Nights for $14.99...Nights for 9.99...it's like a pricing timeline before my eyes). There were no copies of GTA 4 anywhere but i see the guy behind the counter is the one i talked to on the phone and he had a bunch of GTA4s behind the counter away from crazy people hording on CAG. I got two copies, one for my cousin for christmas and one for myself. Yay cheap games. Boo horders.

I'm hoping it is, but can anyone tell me if this deal will still be on tomorrow? My cousin and I are getting PS3s for Christmas and this would make for a very good deal on some first games.

I work at Blockbuster, and the 30% off for employees also works with this. I got 2 PS3 GTA4's for $10.40 plus tax. And the 360 version is in higher supply than the PS3 version at most stores.

[quote name='Dolemite1']I work at Blockbuster, and the 30% off for employees also works with this. I got 2 PS3 GTA4's for $10.40 plus tax. And the 360 version is in higher supply than the PS3 version at most stores.[/quote]
lucky.:applause:

Does anyone know how many discs are in GTA 4? mine only came with one disc....but the case looks like it is for multi-discs. can someone confirm for me?

[quote name='Dolemite1']I work at Blockbuster, and the 30% off for employees also works with this. I got 2 PS3 GTA4's for $10.40 plus tax. And the 360 version is in higher supply than the PS3 version at most stores.[/quote]

30%??? DAMN looks like I'm applying at BB for a part time job when I get back to college :)

The 30% off is only for 2 weeks I believe. It's 30% off for used games and systems. Too bad we have no used PS3's, and only 1 used 360 which i would not sell to anyone.

[quote name='cheapbrass']Does anyone know how many discs are in GTA 4? mine only came with one disc....but the case looks like it is for multi-discs. can someone confirm for me?[/quote]
only 1 disc.

Picked up 2 copies in Brooklyn, not to horde but...there honestly wasn't any other used game that I would have wanted to play.

I lucked out, both copies had instruction booklets that were mint. 1 had the map too, and the disc I'm keeping wasn't even played. It even smells new. I figure BlockBuster bought a bunch of GTA's, opened them, and this one never got rented. The only thing that makes this copy not new is the fact it didn't have shrink wrap and the XBOX 360 seal on it.

I'll be visiting the local GS tomorrow with my other copy. ;)

dang, the closest bb that sells preplayed ps3 games are at least 20 miles away from me. why oh why!? i miss out on the radioshack deal, i miss out on the overstock deal, and now this!?! omg huhuhu

Oh, and can I get a hell-ya! for blu-ray discs?
Checked out my GTAIV ps3 and had smudges and finger prints all over. Gave it a quick wipe and good as new! NBA 2K8 360 on the other hand, scratch galore -__-

[quote name='kyoichi']dang, the closest bb that sells preplayed ps3 games are at least 20 miles away from me. why oh why!? i miss out on the radioshack deal, i miss out on the overstock deal, and now this!?! omg huhuhu[/quote]

Twenty miles is alot to you? Damn. I used to go 150 miles round trip every couple of days for a while for some deals. Of course, it helped that I was also going to an auto auction with a family member who is a dealer and I wasn't using MY GAS to go to these places. :D

[quote name='Genocidal']I feel bad for paying $20 for this from Gamefly now. Great deal.[/quote]

Don't feel bad, my friend bought it new in May for full retail price and then didn't play it for months...and now he feels he needs to finish it for the achievements.

[quote name='Genocidal']I feel bad for paying $20 for this from Gamefly now. Great deal.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I got the 360 version off a fellow cag 2 months after release for $40 - bummer. Especially since the 'free dlc' became $20 dlc not even out yet.

Weird thing is I sorta want to get the ps3 version.

OK, I was out earlier and reading this thread on my iPhone and couldn't deal with it then... I'll clean it up a bit now. First of all, I'll add some info to the OP so it is a little less cryptic.

As for the rest, read on...

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']Hmm.. So, if it's always at the top, that must mean it's active and people are posting in it frequently, right? But it would be ridiculous to assume that all those posts contained a new deal, right? So, that must mean if you wanted to find the original posting of a deal, you'd have to sift through a bunch of crap, right?

So, then, are you saying that, while it's not okay for posters to forgo sifting through useless posts, (which, by the way, some of the more prolific posters say they absolutely hate) it is okay for the regulars to bully thread-makers for not putting the price in the thread title, freeing them from having to click once?[/QUOTE]

Well, I agree that GTA IV for $7.50 is worth its own thread and could very easily get lost in the BBV thread. However, if this thread becomes about the B1G1 sale in general then I will close it as I clearly added that to the title of the Blockbuster thread about 2 days ago. I understand not wanting to wade in there to discover whatever deals might be happening at any given time but if it is spelled out in the thread title and you skip it, tough luck. Did you also know Super Mario Galaxy was $25 new there? That's been in the thread title for a couple weeks now. As a result we've had many non-BBV thread regulars pop in and say thanks for the heads up after they got SMG nice and cheap.

[quote name='KingofGames']I think, technically, every Blockbuster has a "Game Rush." However, two of the three local stores here do not have dedicated Game Rush counters like the last location. Those two are running the promotion and do have a decent amount of stock.[/QUOTE]

No, most Blockbusters do not have a Gamerush - only specific Gamerush-branded stores do. But it makes little difference for this sale and for GTA IV in particular as EVERY Blockbuster had tons of rental copies and this is what they are selling during this sale.

[quote name='h2dk']All of my stores have numerous 360 versions and several PS3 ones. The good thing is a lot of these were rentals that were never rented, so the disks are mint/new. (What do you expect when a store gets in 50+ copies of a game to rent?). And if your lucky, some of the cases still have the 1-month xbox live trial in them.[/QUOTE]

^^^ This! I bought 1 360 copy and 2 PS3 copies from my local store yesterday. I went back late Friday night and while they finally tagged them correctly and moved them to the B1G1 free sale bins, there were STILL no less than FIFTEEN copies of the 360 version and TEN copies of the PS3 version - yeah, I counted them. This was after a full, busy Friday, with the games being advertized properly to the public with correct pricing and promo info and all. If my little podunk hick town Blockbuster has that many I can only imagine how many the bigger stores have (or had, at least).

So those of you pissing and moaning about "CAG hoarders" can give it a rest - these things are in HUGE supply and if you don't find them at one store try another. Also, since many stores have not tagged them correctly they will not be with the rest of the sale games - look in the regular rental shelves. It seems most Blockbuster stores have moved their new and used games to a portion of the rental area. More may be found on end caps on the backs of the rental aisles. You may just find stacks and stacks of GTA IV there if you look hard enough.

So anyway, this thread will remain open as long as discussion sticks to GTA IV. If you want to discuss general B1G1 sale info please post in the Blockbuster thread. If you want to discuss how much these things get at Gamestop and the like, it is especially important you confine it to the Blockbuster thread!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207038

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HELLAWAITS']booya!!! GTA4 AND cONDEMNED 2 for 15 bucks , hell yeah!![/quote]

I got the same condemned2 and gta4. :lol:

Is there a way to tell if a store is a franchise store? Kinda want to know before I start checking them out...

I'm guessing calling the store would be my best option?

[quote name='XERD_003SS']Is there a way to tell if a store is a franchise store? Kinda want to know before I start checking them out...

I'm guessing calling the store would be my best option?[/quote]

might want to take this to the BBV thread...just look at the first post..it'll tell you everything you need to know ;)

[quote name='animemaniac14']might want to take this to the BBV thread...just look at the first post..it'll tell you everything you need to know ;)[/quote]

All right, thanks a lot. :)

After checking, it seems I need a receipt. I haven't been to any of those Blockbusters in ages though.
I'll have to resort to calling then.

As soon as I read this thread I rushed to my nearest blockbuster and now I am the proud owner of GTA4 and Dark Sector, all for 15 bucks!! :)

[quote name='XERD_003SS']Is there a way to tell if a store is a franchise store? Kinda want to know before I start checking them out...

I'm guessing calling the store would be my best option?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just call 'em. Franchise stores are a small fraction of the total number - but I also do happen to have one as my second closest store. I pretty much never go there because nothing applies there (different prices, different trade-in values, different promos). They do take Blockbuster credit, but that's about where the similarities end.

I just checked the store locator - unfortunately it doesn't differentiate between them either. Basically, if GTA IV does not ring up $14.99 you can pretty much be sure it is a franchise store ;).

Remember people to trust in the deal (with the caveat of franchise vs corporate store). I went to one tonight that had no indication of the B1G1 sale and all their GTA were marked $29.99. Had no problem getting one at $14.99 and several other games, all B1G1 free.

[quote name='zkitaN']so is this worldwide?[/QUOTE]

From my edit of the OP earlier this evening:

1) EVERY Blockbuster [highlight]in the U.S.[/highlight] with the exception of franchise stores should have the $14.99 pricing for both the 360 and PS3 version and should also have the B1G1 sale running.

Went to Blockbuster this evening and got a flawless copy of GTA IV. New disc, new black case, new instruction booklet, and new map. Basically, barely been touched.

I got GTA IV and NBA Live 08 by EA. But I hear NBA 2K08 is better, so I'll probably take it back first thing tomorrow and get another copy of GTA. There were serveral flawless copies, so I'll get another one.

Plenty of lower range games, as well, like Condemned.

So now I can return my Radio Shack special GTA IV, which I got for $29.99. No need for it now. But I noticed the new one from Radio Shack is in the green case, while the one from Blockbuster is in the black case, which is not a Blockbuster case. Perhaps it was a trade-in, because my black case has no stickers whatsoever. Totally clean. But I noticed the other GTA cases were green.

On the Amazon site, there is a listing for a "newest version" of the game:

http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-Xbox-360/dp/B000FRU1UM/ref=pd_sim_vg_3

Could that be the difference?

[quote name='Telemakhos']But I noticed the new one from Radio Shack is in the green case, while the one from Blockbuster is in the black case, which is not a Blockbuster case. Perhaps it was a trade-in, because my black case has no stickers whatsoever. Totally clean. But I noticed the other GTA cases were green.[/quote]

Blockbuster puts games in what ever cases are available, you ended up with a DVD case or a PS2 case with your copy of GTA. Since there are so many available it shouldn't have been too hard to locate one with a green case.

[quote name='io']I just checked the store locator - unfortunately it doesn't differentiate between them either. Basically, if GTA IV does not ring up $14.99 you can pretty much be sure it is a franchise store ;).[/quote]

I don't think this is necessarily true. I've had certain games ring up at slightly different prices at corporate stores. I don't really understand why, but I am 100% sure these are corporate. Yesterday, GTA IV (360) rang up as $24.99 at one, but the PS3 version rang up at $14.99. It's not that big a deal, though, since I'm pretty much out of BBV credit and there are probably 50+ GTA IV (360) still scattered amongst my other stores.

Picked up a bunch of 360 games:
GTA4 + Condemned 2 - $14.99
Kameo + SpiderMan3 - $6.99
Virtual Fighter5 + Blue Dragon - $9.99

And 2 wii games.
Super Swing Golf + Manhunt2 - $9.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back