GTA IV 360 & PS3 $14.99 used @ BlockBuster (plus B1G1 free on $14.99 and under)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitedeath

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
with the buy one get one free deal going on. might be a time for anyone who did not play this to pick it up

sorry in advance if posted

she works at the BB in old Forge, pa

she said it was just marked down today

-----------------------------------------

Edit by Io...

Update 12/28 - Mass Effect is now also $14.99 at BBV, making it eligible for the B1G1!

This deal has been discussed at great length in the Blockbuster thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207038

But since GTA IV for $14.99 (used) is such a great deal we'll keep this second thread around to highlight that part of the sale for CAGs who may normally avoid the BBV thread. Note that all used games $14.99 and under are Buy 1 Get 1 Free at Blockbuster right now, so, really, GTA IV is only $7.50 if you can pair it up with another $14.99 game. Please continue general discussion of the B1G1 sale in the Blockbuster thread and only post about GTA IV in this thread.

Some details that may answer a few questions though:

1) EVERY Blockbuster in the U.S. with the exception of franchise stores should have the $14.99 pricing for both the 360 and PS3 version and should also have the B1G1 sale running. Both are [highlight]automatic[/highlight] so no matter what you are told by the store employees you will get the deal (unless they override it manually). The price drop just happened so many stores will still have them tagged $24.99 or $29.99. TRUST in CAG and you will get your cheap GTA IV ;).

2) For the most part, these were former rental copies and thus just about every Blockbuster should be overflowing with this game, particularly for the 360. When buying a copy make sure to ask to look at a few discs so you get a good one. Chances are they had a few copies that never got rented at all and are still mint.

Last edited by a moderator:
SCORE! I've been sick, stopped by my local BBV on the way back from the drug store tonight.

Found a used copy of Super Mario Galaxy mismarked at $14.99. Picked that up along with an obligatory copy of GTA 4, for the 360, which I'll now trade in at Gamecrazy making my SMG total cost about $3...

[quote name='ninja dog']It's really annoying when clerks get pissed at customers for buying a lot of stuff. Uhhh, hello? It's a store? It's good when somebody buys a lot. Who cares if it's 12 of the same item or 39 different items.[/QUOTE]

If it is something they are promoting or advertising, then if someone buys a lot of something it makes the store look bad if they run out.

Clearance is different though, as it seems usually the store is happy to get rid of the items.

After hitting up BB for the first time ever with flipping in mind, I am thoroughly pleased...the stickers are all much easier to remove than anything Hollywood Video has EVER sold me and everything is in MUCH better quality....

Is there a way to tell if your stores are franchised or corporate without actually going in there/calling? The first 3 I hit up were all franchised and didn't have any used games at all....

Ended up scoring:
MLB 2k8 (Wii)
SSX Blur (Wii)
2x Battle of the Bands (Wii)
3x GTA IV (360)
3x Spiderman: Friend or Foe (PS2)
Manhunt 2 (PS2)
Crash of the Titans (PS2)
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 (PS2)

Should make for some good flipping tomorrow...need to find more corporate stores though...wonder why Northwest Indiana is so franchise-heavy

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']went to a BBV, SC4 used was at a full 44.99 :([/quote]

Try going to gamecrazy, its on sale right now for $19.99 used, or $24.99 for new.

I actually found a GTA:IV at my Blockbuster on Saturday. So happy, I traded it in a few months ago and regretted it - now it's back and I'm getting back into the game. Also picked up NFL Tour - wasn't much else worth picking up.

[quote name='ackbar7']I have to say, there are stores where these things are just sitting there. I went to a store that had a lot of games, and I seemed to have been the first person to have used the buy 1 get 1. The guy asked his manager what the code was, he came over and entered it in, and said, I think that's it. It was, and I was able to pick up quite a few games. I only got one of each of the GTAIVs they had but many left. At a store where there is no interest, buy as many as you want, no one else is.[/QUOTE]

:lol:. There is no "code". It is automatic which is what makes this sale so great. They can deny it all they want but it rings up regardless.

And in case anyone missed it, Mass Effect dropped to $14.99 Sunday, making it eligible for the B1G1 - essentially meaning its price dropped from $19.99 to $7.50 (assuming you pair it up with another $14.99 game). And in case anyone is thinking about it, it makes for a horrible flip as it only gets $4 TIV at GS. However, it is a great game that you should own (too bad I bought it for $54 at release!).

This thread's days are numbered - I'm going to close it up soon. There's too much cross-posting between here and the regular BBV thread. I'll let it run through New Years I guess as by that point most of the GTA's will probably be gone.

[quote name='io']:lol:. There is no "code". It is automatic which is what makes this sale so great. They can deny it all they want but it rings up regardless.

And in case anyone missed it, Mass Effect dropped to $14.99 Sunday, making it elogible for the B1G1 - essentially meaning it's price dropped from $19.99 to $7.50 (assuming you pair it up with another $14.99 game). And in case anyone is thinking about it, it makes for a horrible flip as it only gets $4 TIV at GS. However, it is a great game that you should own (too bad I bought it for $54 at release!).

This thread's days are numbered - I'm going to close it up soon. There's too much cross-posting between here and the regular BBV thread. I'll let it run through New Years I guess as by that point most of the GTA's will probably be gone.[/quote]
I knew I shouldn't have come back to this thread and read that Mass Effect dropped! I all ready have enough games to go thru lol

Picked up MotoGP07 and Virtua Fighter Online (both:360:) for $10. Wish I hadn't already gotten VF5 for the PS3 over the summer for like $18. Oh well.

[quote name='zkitaN']there are bunch of gta iv's for ps3 around here, but its disc only[/QUOTE]

where is around here? i didnt see any clearanced games at my 2 blockbusters in ct

I don't understand why gta is dropping so fast? Tons of copies at the gainesville ga blockbuster store. I loved the game.

damn didn't know mass effect was 14.99 it was still marked 19.99. I would have picked that up for sure.

I ened up getting dark sector and timeshift......damn.....

I went to the BB here in Federal Heights, CO. And the entire bin was nearly cleared out. I'm guessing hoarder or employee. There was at least 200 games there 3 days ago.

Found a few copies of GTAIV with disc only over the weekend. I bought two, took a PS3 manual they had for the one I was going to keep for myself, and flipped the other one at Gamestop for $9 and brought down the cost of L4D to a little under $45. Finally after the fuck deals, I finally got it.

damn I went yesterday, and saw about 6 or 7 360 copies of GTA IV for 15$...and then they didnt have any used GTAs, but there new ones were 40$....i was sad...

[quote name='hotrocks']damn I went yesterday, and saw about 6 or 7 360 copies of GTA IV for 15$...and then they didnt have any used GTAs, but there new ones were 40$....i was sad...[/quote]

You saw copies of GTA for $15 but not used ones and new ones for $40? That doesn't make sense.

After much bally-hoo, I got the Blockbuster clerk to accept back my exchange of Spider-Man: Friend or Foe for the only copy I've seen anywhere of Forza 2. The disc, case and instrux were all pristine. Now, I might have to go out and get a wheel from CC.

So that completes my Darkness + Forza 2 BBV transaction for $9.99. :)

[quote name='kart007k']is this a legit site?[/quote]

Yes very legit. They've been around forever and a few years back I did alot of GBA and PS2 through the mail trade-ins with them when the Kmart clearances were just starting up.

[quote name='Lucky13']You saw copies of GTA for $15 but not used ones and new ones for $40? That doesn't make sense.[/quote]

oops i meant they didnt havent any used ones for PS3...minor detail hahaha

but today i picked up gta IV and condemned 2 for 360...flipping them on ebay

[quote name='kart007k']is this a legit site?[/quote]

Yeah but if you're going to flip with them I suggest buying the PS3 version over the 360 because it's harder to keep a 360 disc mint. eStarland is kind of anal about the condition of discs you send in so you want to make sure there aren't any scratches on them before you go that route.

My local Blockbuster has 2 copies of GTA4 for the PS3, or they did as of this evening. If anyone still needs one I can pick it up for you. Caveat is they come in the "display only" boxes and don't have the instruction book. Still not a bad deal for $7.50+ tax, picked one up for myself tonight along with Assassin's Creed ($20.49 NEW!).

wow.seems liek a lot of buy bak prices or trade ins for the b1g1 free games at blockbuster is 8 dollars exactly? i bought gta iv and turok for 360. sold turok for 8 at a different blockbuster. bought don kings prize fighter and nfl tour for my next buy one get one free wit da giftcard and some cash. (saw a lot of bioshock and mass effect now)

[quote name='io']

This thread's days are numbered - I'm going to close it up soon. There's too much cross-posting between here and the regular BBV thread. I'll let it run through New Years [/quote]

:applause:

[quote name='dim2192']Will they accept my games if they are in blockbuster boxes? I have the manuals for all of them and the disks are in good shape.[/quote]

Once you click "Trade In" on a game, it'll bring you to a page where it gives you the price, and any deductions if its missing artwork, case, etc.

OK, time to close this up. It has been dying off recently anyway. It was good to have for a while as it seems many CAGs who never considered getting games at Blockbuster were able to get in on this deal.

Note that I went to a Blockbuster just 2 days before New Years and saw several of both versions so they are definitely still out there. There's also some other great deals in this sale, though nothing was as easy to get as GTA (which was in great abundance since every BBV had too many rental copies). Some $14.99 ganes include Mass Effect, Advance Wars Days of Ruin, Lair, Orange Box (360), and some old GC classics like the Mario Party games and Zelda Twilight Princess. $9.99 games include Genji, Untold Legends (PS3), VF 5 (360), Beautiful Katamari, and tons of kids games for Wii and 360. Anyway, more detail can be found at the regular BBV thread if you are interested:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207038

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back