GTA IV 360 & PS3 $14.99 used @ BlockBuster (plus B1G1 free on $14.99 and under)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitedeath

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
with the buy one get one free deal going on. might be a time for anyone who did not play this to pick it up

sorry in advance if posted

she works at the BB in old Forge, pa

she said it was just marked down today

-----------------------------------------

Edit by Io...

Update 12/28 - Mass Effect is now also $14.99 at BBV, making it eligible for the B1G1!

This deal has been discussed at great length in the Blockbuster thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207038

But since GTA IV for $14.99 (used) is such a great deal we'll keep this second thread around to highlight that part of the sale for CAGs who may normally avoid the BBV thread. Note that all used games $14.99 and under are Buy 1 Get 1 Free at Blockbuster right now, so, really, GTA IV is only $7.50 if you can pair it up with another $14.99 game. Please continue general discussion of the B1G1 sale in the Blockbuster thread and only post about GTA IV in this thread.

Some details that may answer a few questions though:

1) EVERY Blockbuster in the U.S. with the exception of franchise stores should have the $14.99 pricing for both the 360 and PS3 version and should also have the B1G1 sale running. Both are [highlight]automatic[/highlight] so no matter what you are told by the store employees you will get the deal (unless they override it manually). The price drop just happened so many stores will still have them tagged $24.99 or $29.99. TRUST in CAG and you will get your cheap GTA IV ;).

2) For the most part, these were former rental copies and thus just about every Blockbuster should be overflowing with this game, particularly for the 360. When buying a copy make sure to ask to look at a few discs so you get a good one. Chances are they had a few copies that never got rented at all and are still mint.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't find GTAIV anywhere :( I did managed to get Rogue Galaxy, Wild Arms 3, Suikoden IV and Xenosaga 3 for $14.70 :) All of them are in mint condition. Thanks OP.

[quote name='Roa']I couldn't find GTAIV anywhere :( I did managed to get Rogue Galaxy, Wild Arms 3, Suikoden IV and Xenosaga 3 for $14.70 :) All of them are in mint condition. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

That's one of the things I noticed -- both of the games I picked up are in great shape. I was very impressed, I guess these copies didn't get out too much.

I got GTA IV (360) and Nights (wii). At first I had PGR4 and GTA4 and they rang me out for ~16 after tax. Then, after paying, they couldn't find the right disc for the PGR4.. I picked up Nights instead and the manager says, well that's a 5$ dollar difference so we'll credit that to your credit card. I accepted and walked out with both for 10$ before tax.

I asked the clerk if they would be willing to selling me GTAIV and Bioshock ($19.99) for $15 plus the $5 dollar difference for Bioshock being $20 instead of $15, but he wouldn't budge. That would have been a sweet deal, GTAIV and bioshock for $20

I'm sorry if this has been answered already. Does this deal apply to standalone Blockbuster stores (without a GameRush)? I usually ignore the BB threads about games because usually they involve Game Rush which our BB stores have never had.

Thanks for this CAG, I was listing to new CAGcast on x-mas eve, they mentioned this sale and I went by after work and grabbed nearly 30 games.

They still had over 20 GTA 4s so I'll probably go back for some more of them if it's still active.

Some gems I found were:
Mint Tales of Legendia for $5
Psychonauts for 3.50
Kingdom hearts 2 for 5
Sly 3 for 5
Arc the Lad: End of Darkness for 3.50

My local BBV didn't have GTA out for display but when I asked at the counter they had plenty all marked at 44.99. Picked up 2. Thanks OP.

Picked up Flatout: Ultimate Carnage and Virtua Fighter 5 Online (nothing else worth grabbing) for $10 in Cuyahoga Falls... nothing of interest left save a copy of Paper Mario for GC for $10, although I didn't look too closely at the PS3 selection.

Went to a couple of Blockbusters in suburban Milwaukee today that were on the way while I was running errands, and didn't expect to find much.

First BB was in Menomonee Falls, near the theatre. They didnt have a big selection, but I found Metal Slug Anthology(mint in original case) and Hot Wheelz Beat That(in generic BB case), both for PS2 for $10.

2nd BB was in Brookfield at Calhoun and Capitol. Picked up PS3 Lair and Metal Gear 3 Subsistence for $15 and Valkyrie Profile 2 and Xenogears 3 for $7. All the games were mint, complete in original cases!

That BB still had a bunch of good stuff left. Near a dozen PS3 GTA4, No more Heroes, Ninja Gaiden DS, and more.

I checked my local BBV again, and those 10 GTAIV are still in the rental section. Grrrr, when are they gonna decide to put them up for sale. So far I've found nothing at BBV, but those GTAIV going up for sale would make up for all of it.

My local Blockbuster's SUCK big time. We're lucky if they 2 copies of ANY game in, let alone a huge title like GTA4. I would kill to get in on this deal, but alas it is not to be.

At least they will always have MVP Baseball 2004 in the clearance bin (Half price!!!!). That's very reassuring.

The Blockbuster in Lake In The Hills, IL let me do it with all used games - even over $15. I got GTA4, Beautiful Katamari, Diego Safari and Raving Rabbids 2 (both for my little girl) all for under $40.

[quote name='spineynorman']The Blockbuster in Lake In The Hills, IL let me do it with all used games - even over $15. I got GTA4, Beautiful Katamari, Diego Safari and Raving Rabbids 2 (both for my little girl) all for under $40.[/quote]

Arent all of those games 14.99 and under?

[quote name='1Sail0r']For real? What system?[/quote]

I got it for the 360. There were a few PS3 copies as well.

[quote name='DreadMech']I got it for the 360. There were a few PS3 copies as well.[/quote]

Which BlockBuster was this? I've been holding out on GTA4, but I would LOVE to get it for $12 new for the 360 ;)

If someone could find me a copy for PS3 I'd be willing to pay / trade...

Mine has 360 copies if anyone is looking for them... Probably 10 left

[quote name='1Sail0r']Which BlockBuster was this? I've been holding out on GTA4, but I would LOVE to get it for $12 new for the 360 ;)[/quote]

Well it was in Kihei, Hawaii so I don't know how far you may have to travel :(

Well I don't know how many of you have been able to find GTA IV or if this has already been posted, but I hadn't seen it yet so I thought I'd share. I'm talking 360 version here.

I know someone else mentioned that if you got GTA for $14.99 + B1G1 = $7.99 each and it's an easy flip to Gamestop for $10 TIV. Well I just found out today that it's $12 TIV at Gamecrazy. Just something to note, especially with the nice sale GC is having now.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Do the disks have the stupid BB stickers all on them?[/quote]
Of the 6 games I bought at BBV (no Gamerush at my stores), they had stickers on the cases, but not on the discs. I easily just peeled the stickers off the case of the game I traded to GC.

Io - Merry Christmas! I went to visit a freind last night for dinner, and at the BB down the street from his house I found another complete set of mario figures!

Send me a PM with your address, and they will be in the mail over the next couple days. I'm glad I finally found a way to thank you for all of the awesome work you do keeping this organized!

To everyone else: Notable price drop today, Mass Effect dropped to $14.99, making it eligible for B1G1. I paired that up with a randomly found copy of Mario 64 for the DS for my son. AWESOME deal for $15 total. I'm not sure what the GS TIV is for Mass Effect, but I actually bought that to keep. If it's good enough, I can grab more copies later to flip, as they had about 15 of them.

[quote name='Gertle627']Well I don't know how many of you have been able to find GTA IV or if this has already been posted, but I hadn't seen it yet so I thought I'd share. I'm talking 360 version here.

I know someone else mentioned that if you got GTA for $14.99 + B1G1 = $7.99 each and it's an easy flip to Gamestop for $10 TIV. Well I just found out today that it's $12 TIV at Gamecrazy. Just something to note, especially with the nice sale GC is having now.[/quote]

I've seen probably 20 copies of the 360 version but only have a PS3... I can get them for CAGs if people want

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Do the disks have the stupid BB stickers all on them?[/quote]

I think they've stopped doing that a long time ago, but then again, I'm sure a couple stores out there still do it.

the disk don't but the box does.. but these stickers are easy to take off!! it's not like the Gamestop stickers.

Ok sweet I found a copy of GTAIV for PS3, but somehow they couldn't find the case, so they just gave me one of the display cases for rentals, which is complete and check this out, CLEAN! Thanks OP!

Also, I was so happy and excited to get GTAIV that I forgot to pick up a free game. What games can you guys suggest or are $14.99 or under so I can go into a BB and just ask instead of searching? Thanks!

Once again, thanks OP!

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Ok sweet I found a copy of GTAIV for PS3, but somehow they couldn't find the case, so they just gave me one of the display cases for rentals, which is complete and check this out, CLEAN! Thanks OP!

Also, I was so happy and excited to get GTAIV that I forgot to pick up a free game. What games can you guys suggest or are $14.99 or under so I can go into a BB and just ask instead of searching? Thanks!

Once again, thanks OP![/quote]

Lucky Lucky man finding a PS3 copy...

[quote name='Zackattk1993']Just picked up 12 copies at my local BB, gonna hit some more stores tomorrow.[/quote]

there always has to be people like you. way to ruin it for people

[quote name='PR Mega X']:roll:[/quote]
Yeah yeah I made sure to leave some copies behind... the lady at the counter got pissed I was buying out so many though.

[quote name='Zackattk1993']Yeah yeah I made sure to leave some copies behind... the lady at the counter got pissed I was buying out so many though.[/QUOTE]

Shit I would be too!

[quote name='Zackattk1993']Yeah yeah I made sure to leave some copies behind... the lady at the counter got pissed I was buying out so many though.[/quote]

im pretty sure you dont have 12 360's or ps3's so it makes sense why there was frustration.

Do you guys recommend selling GTA4 on ebay? Or is there a retail store that would give me a better deal. I would prefer selling to a store.

I have to say, there are stores where these things are just sitting there. I went to a store that had a lot of games, and I seemed to have been the first person to have used the buy 1 get 1. The guy asked his manager what the code was, he came over and entered it in, and said, I think that's it. It was, and I was able to pick up quite a few games. I only got one of each of the GTAIVs they had but many left. At a store where there is no interest, buy as many as you want, no one else is.

[quote name='iggypop123']im pretty sure you dont have 12 360's or ps3's so it makes sense why there was frustration.[/QUOTE]

It's really annoying when clerks get pissed at customers for buying a lot of stuff. Uhhh, hello? It's a store? It's good when somebody buys a lot. Who cares if it's 12 of the same item or 39 different items.

[quote name='ackbar7']I have to say, there are stores where these things are just sitting there. I went to a store that had a lot of games, and I seemed to have been the first person to have used the buy 1 get 1. The guy asked his manager what the code was, he came over and entered it in, and said, I think that's it. It was, and I was able to pick up quite a few games. I only got one of each of the GTAIVs they had but many left. At a store where there is no interest, buy as many as you want, no one else is.[/quote]

Its lucky to find an untouched store, if only they were avaliable here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back