GTA IV 360 & PS3 $14.99 used @ BlockBuster (plus B1G1 free on $14.99 and under)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitedeath

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
with the buy one get one free deal going on. might be a time for anyone who did not play this to pick it up

sorry in advance if posted

she works at the BB in old Forge, pa

she said it was just marked down today

-----------------------------------------

Edit by Io...

Update 12/28 - Mass Effect is now also $14.99 at BBV, making it eligible for the B1G1!

This deal has been discussed at great length in the Blockbuster thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207038

But since GTA IV for $14.99 (used) is such a great deal we'll keep this second thread around to highlight that part of the sale for CAGs who may normally avoid the BBV thread. Note that all used games $14.99 and under are Buy 1 Get 1 Free at Blockbuster right now, so, really, GTA IV is only $7.50 if you can pair it up with another $14.99 game. Please continue general discussion of the B1G1 sale in the Blockbuster thread and only post about GTA IV in this thread.

Some details that may answer a few questions though:

1) EVERY Blockbuster in the U.S. with the exception of franchise stores should have the $14.99 pricing for both the 360 and PS3 version and should also have the B1G1 sale running. Both are [highlight]automatic[/highlight] so no matter what you are told by the store employees you will get the deal (unless they override it manually). The price drop just happened so many stores will still have them tagged $24.99 or $29.99. TRUST in CAG and you will get your cheap GTA IV ;).

2) For the most part, these were former rental copies and thus just about every Blockbuster should be overflowing with this game, particularly for the 360. When buying a copy make sure to ask to look at a few discs so you get a good one. Chances are they had a few copies that never got rented at all and are still mint.

Last edited by a moderator:
So bummed. Just went to a Blockbuster on my break to snag GTA4 for my roomate for Christmas, and they had next to nothing, and were horribly disorganized. I couldn't figure out what games were for sale and for rent, and they had nothing properly stickered. They were busy, so no one could answer any questions about prices (and if a game was even for sale used.) They had a zillion copies of GTA4, but none were in the 'buy used' section so I assumed it was a waste.

The one copy of GTA4 I did find used for sale, for PS3, was stickered $54.

Went to another BB yesterday.

Got Wii Williams Pinball 14.99
Xbox 360 Condemned 2 free
Xbox Republic Commando 9.99
Onimusha Dawn of Dreams free

The "customer service" rep tried to get me to pay FULL Price on BOTH of the 14.99 and thus giving me the 9.99 and the 6.99 Onimusha for free, stating that BB policy is to get the 2 cheapest free. I stopped him and said I should be getting 1 of the 14.99 free and the 6.99 Onimusha for free and said if he was unable to do this, just to make 2 separate transactions. Mentioned to him that all the other Blockbuster had no issues on this and none of them tried to screw me out of $5. He ended up doing it the CORRECT way, and once he got my cash from me, made SURE to hold it up to the light to check for counterfiets (I assume he also works for the Feds too!) and then crumbled the money up in his hand by the register?

Last time I go to that store, what a d-bag! Anyone else have a douche bag like that?

Just one more reason I am happy to have Netflix take a piece of the BB pie.

[quote name='destro4eva']Went to another BB yesterday.

The "customer service" rep tried to get me to pay FULL Price on BOTH of the 14.99 and thus giving me the 9.99 and the 6.99 Onimusha for free, stating that BB policy is to get the 2 cheapest free. I stopped him and said I should be getting 1 of the 14.99 free and the 6.99 Onimusha for free and said if he was unable to do this, just to make 2 separate transactions. Mentioned to him that all the other Blockbuster had no issues on this and none of them tried to screw me out of $5. He ended up doing it the CORRECT way, and once he got my cash from me, made SURE to hold it up to the light to check for counterfiets (I assume he also works for the Feds too!) and then crumbled the money up in his hand by the register?

Last time I go to that store, what a d-bag! Anyone else have a douche bag like that?

Just one more reason I am happy to have Netflix take a piece of the BB pie.[/quote]

I've had this issue with a few employees at different Blockbusters. I wonder why it is so hard to grasp the basic concept of B1G1 free. I mean, I understand that the computer doesn't take them off correctly there if you ring them all up together, but for a person to not understand how to correctly give you the discount is just ignorant.

[quote name='Dante Devil']It was ringing up at 29.99![/quote]

[quote name='mkernan']Orange Box used for 360 was ringing up $29.99? They (presumably an incompetent employee) must have been reading the new price, not the used price if so.[/quote]

I can confirm the used price for both systems is $14.99. If it was ringing up $29.99 then it was because they were scanning the barcode on the back of the case, which the computer would recognize as NEW, instead of the blockbuster barcode they're supposed to slap on all the used cases.

[quote name='dragonjud']Glad I didn't bother with FYE, and just traded my two extras to Gamestop.
Their prices are ridiculous, so even if you make a profit on a trade-in, you would lose it when buying their merchandise as everything is overpriced.
I have no idea how that chain is still in business.[/quote]

Because they actually take in ONLY good condition stuff and don't gouge on 'teh rarez' games like Gamestop does? There ARE deals to be found at FYE, if you look hard enough. Like, for example, they're currently clearing out all of their Xbox/GC and I think GBA stuff for 50% off.

Futurama for the XBox is only $14.99 there, compared with double that at Gamestop. Couple that with the 50% off clearance sale and you can get the game for $7.50 now.

Mind you, most of the good stuff is long gone by now, but you can get some decent games for uber cheap there as of now.

As for them being overpriced on everything else, I agree, but as I said if you look enough you CAN find deals.

What a total waste of time.

I went to 2 BBV and I couldn't believe how they could advertise that they sell used games, both of them barely had any. Both had a tiny little 2 foot basket with a couple things and maybe about 10 or so games for each platform scattered around their respective shelf.

I did find a GTA4 (PS3) but at the register they said they couldn't find it. Bastards.

I thought that I had missed out on the GTA deal. On a whim, I stopped at a BBV in Altamonte Springs, FL. They still has 3 copies left. Mine is in mint condition.

The deals are still out there. Just have to look. Happy hunting!

man sucky part was i didn't get a original case or manual :/

bb case :(

anyone selling empty case and manual :p? ( gta 4 )

I checked my local BB, one guy bought 18 copies of GTA4. One asshole ruins 18 deals for legit people so he can resell them. Fck you guys who do this.

Just one more reason I am happy to have Netflix take a piece of the BB pie.[/quote]

I think most stores do this, try to give you the cheapest item. They just don't take into account that people are going to take advantage of the offer multiple times. Instead of saying "other stores never gave me a problem", I just use the argument that if I buy the cheaper pair, walk out to my car, then come back in and buy the more expensive pair, it would work out the same way (in my favor). By comparing them to other stores and basically telling them they're doing something wrong, you're putting them on the defensive. I thought most people on here tried to fly under the radar...not call attention to themselves by getting in arguments with CSRs.

[quote name='Nikadimas']I've had this issue with a few employees at different Blockbusters. I wonder why it is so hard to grasp the basic concept of B1G1 free. I mean, I understand that the computer doesn't take them off correctly there if you ring them all up together, but for a person to not understand how to correctly give you the discount is just ignorant.[/QUOTE]

I ran into the same problem.

But I didn't catch it until a couple days later when I was looking at my receipt. I went back for the adjustment and at first they refused.

The manager wouldn't give me a refund but instead gave me $10 store credit, which I then used on a $20 PSN card.

I wonder why Blockbuster has problems with this promo???
EB/GS doesn't have the same problem whenever they do the B2G1.

[quote name='zkitaN']man sucky part was i didn't get a original case or manual :/

bb case :(

anyone selling empty case and manual :p? ( gta 4 )[/quote]

Did you at least get the artwork? If not I have one spare. The first 360 version I bought oddly enough had the PS3 artwork. I ended up trading that copy to GS without the artwork and finding a complete GTA4 at another Blockbuster. PM me if you want the artwork, I won't charge you anything for it, I nearly put it in the trash today.

[quote name='Todd33']I checked my local BB, one guy bought 18 copies of GTA4. One asshole ruins 18 deals for legit people so he can resell them. Fck you guys who do this.[/QUOTE]
the dangers of advertising deals....

so, would you like 1 of my 18 copies????

[quote name='strongpimphand']the dangers of advertising deals....

so, would you like 1 of my 18 copies????[/quote]

Blessed are the double threads that are left to the lurkers!
Thanks ops!

I found a Karaoke Revolution American Idol :360: stickered at $9.99, rang up $14.99, and had it price adjusted, so I got it free with a flippable Spiderwick.

So 3 days ago I went to a Blockbuster only to see a sign on the door, which reads:" Buy 1 $14.99 and Get 1 $14.99 or less for free - Last Day!". A companion and I go in there, immediately check the PS3 section and found exactly 2 copies of GTA4 :D (marked at $29.99 like most said). My dumb companion goes to the manager and tells him its the best deal of the year making it really obvious to the people around him that there's some special catch at BB atm. Which really hurt :cry:, since I was gonna go back to check if there was possibly something I wanted to get with this deal (such as Dark Sektor or Lair). Well anyways, nobody noticed and we left the Blockbuster with 2 copies of GTA4 (one for him and one for me :D). Theoretically this is the best deal I made all year. Just wanted to say ty for the info, or else I would have passed on this deal. Also, I once played GTA4 for quite a while at a friend house and thought it was good but not good enough to pay $60 for (at the time it was $60). But now actually owning it and playing it for a couple of hours I think this game is definitely worth the $40 that others stores are charging atm. Really ty you guys again :applause:!

Ya I had some d-bags as well. I remember one time my family and I were in BBV, back when we actually used to borrow games and movies on monthly basis. The current manager at the store got into an argument with my mother, because an employee charged her twice for a movie (was noticable on the receipt). I don't know if this was intentional or not, but the manager was pretty unreasonable. She was trying to talk over my mother, by raising her voice. So when I stepped in to reason with her, in a calm manner, she told me to shut up. Now I don't know about you, but I flipped balls and demanded immediately after that to give me her supervisors number (I was 15 at the time). She surprisingly did and after a long time, I got on the phone with the supervisor who was also the typical 'I-will-try-to-screw-you' employee(/r). Well anyways she said she would handle the situation, we got the movies for free at the end and ever since that I didn't see the manager ever at the BBV ;) (CAG ninjas are the best!).

Btw I was thinking we should really get a CAG helicopter(s), so when somebody has trouble with stupid/unreasonable/frustrating/etc. employees a bunch of CAGs get on the helicopter with mounted weapons and vehicles and we'll storm the affected store to help out a CAG with a good deal.

Today I got Dark Sector and Madden 08 for $4.99 each on PS3 for myself and Condemned 2 and The Darkness for $4.99 each on 360 for a friend. Went to another BB near me and they had buy one get $5 off one and no PS3 games which was disappointing but oh well it's hard to beat $9.99 for 2 PS3 games! Thanks for posting this, Merry Christmas!

Just wanted to say thanks, after going to 5 BB i finally found one at Santa Monica store got gta4 and darksector for 14.99 +tax.

Same i wanted to say thnx
got gta4 and unreal tournament 3 for 15 bux on ps3
btw, is there lyk a mod for unreal 3 where i can play split screen on ps3?

[quote name='sohood4life']Same i wanted to say thnx
btw, is there lyk a mod for unreal 3 where i can play split screen on ps3?[/quote]

I read somewhere that the split screen is only on the 360.

On a related note my BBV have Unreal Tournament for 29.99 , I took it to the register and asked for a price check and the lady said " that's the right price 29.99" (stupid bitch) .... the other BBV around me don't have it , anyway I just order it from gamefly 9.99 , Thanks CAG!!! Merry Christmas day everyone , or sould I say Happy Holidays (so some pople won't be offended)

[quote name='Leisser-Kaiser']So 3 days ago I went to a Blockbuster only to see a sign on the door, which reads:" Buy 1 $14.99 and Get 1 $14.99 or less for free - Last Day!". A companion and I go in there, immediately check the PS3 section and found exactly 2 copies of GTA4 :D (marked at $29.99 like most said). My dumb companion goes to the manager and tells him its the best deal of the year making it really obvious to the people around him that there's some special catch at BB atm. Which really hurt :cry:, since I was gonna go back to check if there was possibly something I wanted to get with this deal (such as Dark Sektor or Lair). Well anyways, nobody noticed and we left the Blockbuster with 2 copies of GTA4 (one for him and one for me :D). Theoretically this is the best deal I made all year. Just wanted to say ty for the info, or else I would have passed on this deal. Also, I once played GTA4 for quite a while at a friend house and thought it was good but not good enough to pay $60 for (at the time it was $60). But now actually owning it and playing it for a couple of hours I think this game is definitely worth the $40 that others stores are charging atm. Really ty you guys again :applause:![/quote]

I paid full price for my Special Edition for PS3 the night/morning it came out, even though I didn't yet have the PS3 to play it on.

My one friend and I went up to WalMart for midnight to see if they were going to release it there, since we called around to the local GS stores and were told the typical 'the SE copies we have are all for pre-orders, you're SOL unless you reserved it'.

Anyway, we picked up two of the four SE copies they had, one for me for PS3 and one for her and her husband to play on their 360 and we were out the door by 12:25 am.

If Gamestop were still open near there the night the game came out and someone wanted my SE copy, I would've gladly sold them mine, since I haven't really used or looked at any of the other stuff from it since then.

But $15 is an insane price for the game, so you definitely got a good deal. If you want to join us, we typically have CAG GTA night for the PS3 version on Wednesday nights starting at 10 pm. Hope to see you there.

[quote name='Lucky13']Today I got Dark Sector and Madden 08 for $4.99 each on PS3 for myself and Condemned 2 and The Darkness for $4.99 each on 360 for a friend. Went to another BB near me and they had buy one get $5 off one and no PS3 games which was disappointing but oh well it's hard to beat $9.99 for 2 PS3 games! Thanks for posting this, Merry Christmas![/quote]
Wow nice finds :applause:, tell me how Dark Sektor is please.
[quote name='sohood4life']Same i wanted to say thnx
btw, is there lyk a mod for unreal 3 where i can play split screen on ps3?[/quote]
Unreal is already worth the $15, and the split-screen is sadly only on the 360 version.
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I paid full price for my Special Edition for PS3 the night/morning it came out, even though I didn't yet have the PS3 to play it on.

My one friend and I went up to WalMart for midnight to see if they were going to release it there, since we called around to the local GS stores and were told the typical 'the SE copies we have are all for pre-orders, you're SOL unless you reserved it'.

Anyway, we picked up two of the four SE copies they had, one for me for PS3 and one for her and her husband to play on their 360 and we were out the door by 12:25 am.

If Gamestop were still open near there the night the game came out and someone wanted my SE copy, I would've gladly sold them mine, since I haven't really used or looked at any of the other stuff from it since then.

But $15 is an insane price for the game, so you definitely got a good deal. If you want to join us, we typically have CAG GTA night for the PS3 version on Wednesday nights starting at 10 pm. Hope to see you there.[/quote]
That sounds great, not to get off topic but could you possibly send me more info about it? My PSN ID: ToxicGoblin . If you want to add me, please go ahead I could use a couple more good friends (especially CAGs), also if you're going to add me please just send me a message telling me your from CAG.com or something. Ty for info, CAG bro :D.

Got GTAIV (PS3) and Lair (PS3) for $14.99 from the blockbuster in Reseda, CA. They had dozens of copies of GTAIV for 360 and PS3. I was able to get instructions for both games as well as the GTA map which were all in perfect condition. Both discs were also scratch and smudge free. Thanks to all those that help me find this great deal!

Do I need an account at BlockBuster to get this deal? Does the used GTA IV games have the manual and map and is it in good condition?

My local Blockbuster is open. My brother works there :) I didn't even know about this deal. Hope they have GTA IV this is such an awesome deal.

Blockbuster is open on Christmas, the condition of the games is completely up to your Blockbusters... they may be pristine or they may come disc only with a generic case, and no you don't need an account to make a purchase.

any1 know where i can get the cover for gta 4 ps3 lyk so i can print it and put it on a ps3 case cuz i have one to spare (its madden 07 and i dont play it so mite as well us the case)

I read this thread, immediately got up and ran to my nearest Blockbuster and picked up a copy of GTA IV for 14.99 and got Stella Deus for free (nothing else really interesting, so I figured I'd pick up a random PS2 game and give it a shot).

Thanks a lot Op, really appreciate it.

[quote name='sohood4life']any1 know where i can get the cover for gta 4 ps3 lyk so i can print it and put it on a ps3 case cuz i have one to spare (its madden 07 and i dont play it so mite as well us the case)[/QUOTE]

I try not to be one of those people that points out poor grammar and spelling, but wow.

[quote name='danny_schell']I try not to be one of those people that points out poor grammar and spelling, but wow.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, probably sent from his BlackBerry.

I went to a local Blockbuster this morning, they had almost nothing for under $14.99. The girl there was very helpful though and found a copy of GTA4 in the back, and gave me a case off the rental shelf. I grabbed Timeshift as my 2nd game, there wasn't much of a choice.

GTA4 and Timeshift for $16 w/ tax, can't complain, thanks OP :)

Thanks OP, I put off going and checking this sale out for a long time and finally wandered into Blockbuster today. I got the last GTA4 for the 360 and Ninja Gaiden DS. I already had GTA4 for the PS3, but after the seeing the DLC for the 360 I had to bite at this price. I was regretting not picking up Ninja Gaiden from Gamefly earlier this week, but now I got it for even cheeper! The odd thing was that those were the only two games I was even remotely interested in and I got the last of each.

I also got a free month of XBL with GTA4 and both games were totally mint. I couldn't ask for a better deal than this.

Got the last GTA4 at my local store, and since the selection sucked, I grabbed Nights for the Wii. Another store (Latham, NY for anyone local) had 5 display copies out -- whether or not that relates to the actual number they have, I don't know, just throwing it out there.

hey guys when I got my 360 version of GTA IV on sale monday, they had no ps3 games out. I just went today and the guy was putting out a ton of GTA IV's on ps3 and a bunch of other ps3 games at 14.99.....might want to call or see if they put out more, cause they did at mine.

just completed my first day of flipping. on the road for 5 hours, turned 35 cash into 145 GS credit and still have 12 BBV credit...

screwed up bigtime though...had PoP, actually found it used, and really wanted it, so I kept it. Went to bbv saw SMG for 25 and picked it up (that means I traded in my PoP for BBV credit) thinking I would get more money at GS than the 25 I paid for it...turns out I did my math way wrong, lost 5 dollars on the trade, and lost Prince of Persia.

Not only did I loose the 5 bucks, and Prince of Persia, but I lost the $25 I could have put towards other flippable items.

This isnt the place for it, but I would like to thank all you CAGers for keeping such an informative and helpful area for all of us...because if you ddont flip, you still save with these great deals that you guys find for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back