[H] PS4, PS3, PS2, PSP, PC, stuff [W] PS2, PS3, PS4, PS Vita

yeah, I guess I'll hang on to it, for now.

I played the demo, it was a little more shallow than I had thought the game would be. Is there any sort of plot, or is it just constantly re-spawning enemies and a few boss fights/make-your-zombies-climb-the-tower sort of thing? I also thought the music was a bit silly, it made the whole game go over-the-top-silly rather than instill a "I'm turning people into zombies" morbid kind of atmosphere. :p Still, it was mindless fun. But, like said, the gameplay seemed shallow - is there more to it in the full version of the game? The graphics were nice, though.

I wish more PSP games had demos for me to try out - of retail games, not the download-only titles. My local gamestop stores don't have a very good selection of the PSP titles I'm interested in - and even if they do have them, it's usually only just the disc, whereas I prefer to get the original case and manual when I buy a game (even a used game). So, that means I'd try to buy the game from Amazon, except if I don't like the game I can't return it to them (whereas with Gamestop, I can effectively rent a used game for 7 days). If I just had a demo to try out, then I could play that to determine whether or not I liked a game...

nope. you have a very good impression of the full game, it sounds like, from the demo. can't remember if there was a plot, but if there was, that's how memorable it was, lol. i was hoping for the same game you seem to have been, and it ended up being the exact kind of game yyou perceived it to be. still fun, though.

agree 100% about the demo situation. some tell me amazon does have the policy where you can return new games if you don't like them, but it's not in their atated policy, and i think it's more of people getting lucky than it is a policy. they'd lose too much money if everyone did that. they were like, "where do you think the warehouse deals' come from?" i worked in plenty of warehouses & stuff does get opened, or a crushed corner on a box full of games. that's where they get them (mostly). not from every single customer that didn't like a game returning it, lol. they'd be running a free rental store then.

Ah, that's too bad. I'll wait for it to come way down in price before trying to buy it (if I'm not able to trade for it). It would have been nice if there was a more structured plot. The only thing I can make out is that there were three siblings and some sort of king-dude's army betrayed their village or something, and some demon/devil offers the trio unholy powers of darkness to exact their revenge. It's a Tecmo game, right? That seems to be a theme in their games: making pacts with the devil. I think I was hoping for a game that was similar to Overlord.

I'm really happy to see how Amazon has slashed the price for Gladiator Begins, I should probably order that soon. It is the PSP reincarnation of the PS2 game Colosseum: Road to Freedom. The demo is pretty good, but I wish there were more battles I could fight in so that I can get a better hang of the fighting system (what with the PSP's button deficiency compared to a dual shock! In Colosseum, you had to use all the buttons for combat, it was intense).

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i think you could choose from the 3 characters, and they were different, but the controlling the zombies or whatever, i remember there were enemies on towers that you would (or maybe wouldn't) send them after later on. it was extremely easy (it's been a WHILE, lol). you could tell they wan'ted to put some strategy into it, but it just fell short, unfortunately. the idea seemed pretty cool, imho (& i'm pretty sure it was tecmo).

[quote name='twztid13']hey pal, when bumping threads, save yours for last so it will be on top ;).[/QUOTE]

Nah, I've been a bit too busy to do any serious trading right now so it's best to bury my thread a bit. I keep forgetting to get on CAG and since my PM's aren't being sent to my email I don't want to put anyone off trading with me in the future if I don't respond quickly :lol:

[quote name='Alaisiagae']I had to spend all of the afternoon in class. :( It was a beautiful day, I would rather have spent the time taking a nap in the sun outside. Have to enjoy these days while they last, before the deck is covered in 3 feet of snow. [/QUOTE]

I keep forgetting that you live in the states where you're inundated with snow all winter. I never have to worry about getting enough sun since all I have to do is step outside and away from my computer after I get home :lol: It never gets really dark or cold for very long here, even in the middle of winter I've had a few 80 degree days. This past winter was especially bizarre, it actually hit the high 90s for a few days:hot:

Well, I was trying to fix my PSP analog stick because it was being flaky, and when I went to test out a game after reassembling the PSP, the character only moves in one direction, to the left. In other words, I broke it even more.

Next step will be to order a replacement analog stick and install that. I hate opening up the PSP, it is nerve wracking. If a new stick doesn't work, then I don't know what to do, apart from buying another PSP.

Thing is, the PSP library I'm interested in is so small, it really doesn't seem worth it to me to drop more than $80 on another PSP. And I want a PSP-2000, not the 3000, nor the 1000.

And of course I borke up the analog stick the same day I bought Gladiator: Begins (used, from GS). I guess I'll return it to GS, and after I sort out the issue with my PSP, I can order it off Amazon for $6 cheaper.

On the bright side, today was Rock the Block on campus, where all the clubs and organizations set up panels - and free stuff! I got pens, a highlighter, a tiny flashlight, a flashlight + screwdriver combo, a thumb drive!, a balloon animal, and even Magic pack cards (will give to a sibling, I don't play that game), along with shaving cream and water bottles. I didn't grab any of the candy, but there was a lot of that on offer, too, in addition to other stuff. Swag! Ah, yeah!

Bump...

I didn't know that you were into repairing electonics as well :D I used to fix PSP 1000's for a while and have a lot of spare parts. If you want to pay shipping I'll give you some parts, I'd probably be willing to give you all of it since I don't know many people that want to fix a 1000 :lol:

I have a 2000, some of the parts are different between the models - even the 2000 and 3000. I bought an OEM full shell/housing + buttons + silicone button conductors, but I scratched the faceplate when trying to clean it up because I was using an imitation microfiber cloth, not a real microfiber cloth.

And I discovered that I was very reluctant to do much more than open the faceplate and swap the silver button set in for the black buttons. Still, it was quite empowering, being able to open up my delicate piece of electronics and put it back together and still have it work. Except for this last time... :p

I already bought a new analog stick chip on ebay, it should come by next week. I think I know where I went wrong when I was cleaning the contacts - I used one of the fancy white staedler erasers, which wouldn't remove residues, just leave residues! My dad also says I could have asked him for electronics contact cleaning fluid - I was using my glasses' cleaner on a microfiber cloth. :facepalm: Anyway, it seems like that analog stick was on its way to breaking anyway.

The only downside to the new stick is that it doesn't come with the silicone conducting block that goes over the contacts - but I can just re-use the one I have, it pops out easily.

If I was braver, I'd try to replace the back housing - but I'm worried that, after disassembly, the parts won't fit back together right! It's kind of that way already, the LCD screen presses up a lot against the faceplate if I have all the housing screws fully tightened, causing some distortions on the edges of the screen, and some vignetting. So, I keep the screws a teeny bit loose, and that seems to do the trick.

I was able to play a bit yesterday, but once again I just couldn't decide how to distribute the permanent stat bonuses.

For instance: Character A has low magic resistance. I can give him a bonus to increase his magic defense... but, I can also give him a bonus to increase his hit points, in which case he will have so many hit points it doesn't matter if he gets hit with a few magic spells.

So, I could instead give character B the magic defense bonus; he already has a very high magic defense, but this is my healer spellcaster, and it is important that he doesn't get incapacitated by a paralyze spell and leave the rest of my party vulnerable/unhealed. So, I could beef up his magic defense, but enemy spell casters tend to target my party members who are in closest proximity - i.e. my melee characters who have low magic defense.

And this is all complicated by equipment, some of which can greatly affect stats. For instance, I can give character A the health bonus, or I can have him equip an amulet that gives the same magnitude bonus - but that means he won't be able to equip a different amulet (say, one that prevents him from being paralyzed, or one that increases his magic defense) without his max hit points being greatly diminished.

[quote name='Alaisiagae']bump!
It's soooooo coooooold. :brrr: 50 to 60*F, where did the summer go?![/QUOTE]
wow, it's still HOT here. 90's everyday.

can you switch items in battle? probably not, since Lost Oddysee was the 1st game i was able to do that in. i'd go with your original idea - give the spellcaster the magic defense if it will protect against paralyze, etc. then, give the HP bonus to character A, and use the paralyze amulet to keep him from getting stunned.

i know there's alot more to it, but just from the info you gave, that's how'd I'd go!

Thanks for all the bumps! Oh well, I thought that you had a PSP1000 that's why I offered the parts :lol: I always use a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol to clean contacts, always use microfiber and if possible just compressed air if the dirt isn't too bad. I've completely disassembled and reassembled several PSP's, I cheated and watched tutorial videos online for the first time I did it though ;)

Stay warm and get some rest, I remember that school can be extremely tiring. I used to come home and take a nap before I had to start dinner, after eating then I would stay up all night doing homework and playing games :lol: I just remembered that not skipping meals during the day can also help to give you more energy.

It went back to the 70s and 80s here in SoCal twztid, summer lasts until the end of this month usually but since It's been an odd year Ill let you know when it finally gets cold.

I can switch items in battle, as long as the character is not attacking, casting spells, or being attacked. So, all I have to do is take control of the character and move him/her to the side away from the fracas, and then change equipment (the game pauses, thankfully).

Well, the new analog stick arrived today, hurrah! I think I'll try to put it in this evening...

I've also been selling some things on Amazon, it's going pretty well.... aside from the fixed shipping credit. For instance, I shipped out my logitech PC controller, it cost nearly $9 for Parcel Post shipping, but I only got about $4 or $5 in fixed credit. =/ But, hey, at least it sold! It's been sitting unloved in storage for, like, two years.

that's perfect. then, you can use the other amulets for character A when you fight enemies that don't use paralyze (and i was also assuming it's random encounters, but if you can see enemies ahead of time, then that works even better).

Yeah... there are also some bonuses that apply to derived stats (e.g. mana and hit points, which are calculated from intelligence and stamina, respectively). Anyway, I spent a few hours yesterday being terribly indecisive about it all and not really getting anywhere with making decisions for all the characters! :facepalm: I know it ultimately doesn't matter that much - I've already dilly-dallied around so much that my characters are probably much greater in level than the developers had intended (i.e. enemies don't scale 100%, so my party is probably quite over-powered compared to any monsters I'll face once I decide to continue to the main quest).

Nevermind that I still need to forge some weapons, which can be enhanced with gems - which require souls, which need to be consumed from enemies. There are 10 soul types, and farming for souls can be really tough, especially since some are from enemies that don't spawn in great quantity. Each gem has 10 levels, with stats increasing depending on the level - and each level requires 10 souls. Naturally I want level 10 gems, which means I need to farm 100 souls. X_x Tedious, but not impossible for some types of enemy souls - for others, very tedious and/or near impossible.

I'm probably waaaaay overthinking this.

Haven't gotten around to repairing my PSP either, I think I'll try do to it tonight or tomorrow morning.

[quote name='Alaisiagae']Yeah... there are also some bonuses that apply to derived stats (e.g. mana and hit points, which are calculated from intelligence and stamina, respectively). Anyway, I spent a few hours yesterday being terribly indecisive about it all and not really getting anywhere with making decisions for all the characters! :facepalm: I know it ultimately doesn't matter that much - I've already dilly-dallied around so much that my characters are probably much greater in level than the developers had intended (i.e. enemies don't scale 100%, so my party is probably quite over-powered compared to any monsters I'll face once I decide to continue to the main quest).

Nevermind that I still need to forge some weapons, which can be enhanced with gems - which require souls, which need to be consumed from enemies. There are 10 soul types, and farming for souls can be really tough, especially since some are from enemies that don't spawn in great quantity. Each gem has 10 levels, with stats increasing depending on the level - and each level requires 10 souls. Naturally I want level 10 gems, which means I need to farm 100 souls. X_x Tedious, but not impossible for some types of enemy souls - for others, very tedious and/or near impossible.

I'm probably waaaaay overthinking this.

Haven't gotten around to repairing my PSP either, I think I'll try do to it tonight or tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]
thanks for the b-day well wishes, bud. much appreciated.

dude, you have no idea. i do the same exact stuff you're doing (or pretty close, it sounds), and it makes RPGs take 2-3 times longer for me than other people. it's fine, as i feel i really get my monies worth, but i do miss out on other games. in the case of Tales of Vesparia (where i put in about 90 hours & was barely more than halfway, i think), i ended up trading it in to afford newer games, and plan on getting it back. it would make alot more sense for me to play them at a faster pace, as i'd still get the story, but i have an OCD of sorts where i cannot play ANY RPG & just do the bare minimum to progress. i HAVE TO try to get 100% on everything in every game.

the Tales' games have such huge storylines, and the sidequests, etc., make it ridiculous in length. Tales of Symphonia on gamecube quoted 80 hours on the back of the case. i put in almost 500 hours in that game on a single playthrough & was in a secret post-game dungeon about to fight the final enemy in the game (where i'd have done everything except get 2 other items that were only available in 2 more seperate playthroughs) when i had to move, and i ended up getting some new xbox games & finally left it behind (but always planned to come back, lol). most people do those things in several playthroughs, but i just can't enter the final level unless i've done everything there is to do. a blessing & a curse, imho.

Bump!

It sounds like If I ever get into console RPG's I need to ask you and twztid what in the world I should do. The most complicated I ever got was deciding what armor looked the coolest and what I needed to eventually get there :roll: I've been totally consumed playing Spiral Knights lately even though it's been around 90 outside and I need to get some yardwork done before my grass dies :lol:

heehee. :p I used to be pretty adept at the DnD knowledge required for NWN, but I'm not sure how much patience I'll have for numbers and dice rolls and turn-based combat anymore...which just makes me more reticent to play Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale (which I've never played before). Or even The Witcher. Learning new mechanics can be so daunting sometimes. I really appreciate how straight-forward Summoner 2 is. No need to worry about damage or formulas or whatever - it all just works out intuitively anyway.

Oh! Fixed my PSP, yay! The new stick is a bit stiffer than my old one - is that normal? Do new sticks need to be "broken in" (like shoes)? But, hey, at least it works. I could probably use the old stick if I had to - when I opened it up, I noticed the silicone brick had fallen off the contacts, I bet it was jammed against something and that's what caused the stick to constantly register as being pushed to the left.

Thanks! :D I'm happy I got it working again, I was trying not to get my hopes up.

Have to see the doctor tomorrow, my finger is infected. :( My nail ripped and tore the cuticle, and BAM instant infection. I've tried soaking it in epsom salts, I put band-aids and antibiotic cream on it, and it just gets worse.

Do you think I should try to add some PS3 games to my want list? See, I don't own a PS3, but I want one at some point... and given that there are few PSP games and few PC games on my Want list (and no PS2 games), maybe I'd have more luck trading my inventory for PS3 games. It just feels a little strange trading for games for a system I don't even own yet!

[quote name='Alaisiagae']Thanks! :D I'm happy I got it working again, I was trying not to get my hopes up.

Have to see the doctor tomorrow, my finger is infected. :( My nail ripped and tore the cuticle, and BAM instant infection. I've tried soaking it in epsom salts, I put band-aids and antibiotic cream on it, and it just gets worse.

Do you think I should try to add some PS3 games to my want list? See, I don't own a PS3, but I want one at some point... and given that there are few PSP games and few PC games on my Want list (and no PS2 games), maybe I'd have more luck trading my inventory for PS3 games. It just feels a little strange trading for games for a system I don't even own yet![/QUOTE]
i don't know. the value of those games drops pretty fast, so you might end up screwing yourself if you can't get a ps3 for a bit. the older games that have a pretty steady value might make sense, though (under $20 range. MGS4 is a great example of a game that's dropped to it's bottom, pretty much).

trust me, it is not you. this is the slowest i have ever seen this site. most of my feedback lately is from buying things, sadly. with the steps the government is taking to further doom this economy, this will probably stay slow for at least a year or so (unless the econmy does a back hand spring & lands on it's feet, but it will probobly keep tumbling, sadly).

dinner sounds delicious. i'm starving, lol!

Congrats on fixing your psp! I never really got into D&D even though I watched the cartoon, I did play Robotech and then Mechwarrior pen and paper RPG's :lol:

I've had a few nails removed before, I remember having to soak in warm water with both Epsom salts and Betadine solution for about 15 to 20 minutes everyday for about a month. Afterwords I used triple antibiotic ointment, gauze, and nonadhesive medical tape.

If you plan on getting a PS3 eventually you may as well get some games that have dropped in price and may eventually be hard to find. Don't spend more than $10 unless it's something you really want, I did the same thing and owned 2 collector's edition 360 games for dirt cheap before I even bought my console :lol:

Thanks for the bumps! It's been a crazy week, but next week things should finally calm down.

About the PSP: the stick sometimes gets stuck (physically, not an electrical signal malfunction). It's also a tad stiff... I might try putting in my old stick... or frankensteining the two: put the analog sticky swivel bit onto the new chip & contacts that I bought. Assuming I can do such a thing - I mean, it looks like I can separate the two parts.

The risk is that I end up breaking both sticks. Not sure what to do - the stiffness of the new stick is really bothering me, it requires much more force to move it than my old stick. Probably more useful if character run-speed actually mattered - but when's the last time it was important to walk instead of run in a game? :p

it's a knock off.

Also: Never, EVER disassemble the psp analog stick. I spent an hour trying to put it back together and it just will not work right ever again. The parts don't fit back together right, no matter what I do.

So I ordered another one, from a different seller. Hopefully this cheap knockoff will be better than the other knock-off. If not, then I'll just have to buy an OEM, even though it's 3 to 4 times as expensive. Oh, and if the new new one is stiff, I'll just complain to the seller. Can't really do much about the previous seller, I already left feedback. And the stick worked... sort of... and even if I could complain, I already broke it trying to put it back together. *sigh*

WHY couldn't I just leave it alone????

[quote name='Alaisiagae']it's a knock off.

Also: Never, EVER disassemble the psp analog stick. I spent an hour trying to put it back together and it just will not work right ever again. The parts don't fit back together right, no matter what I do.

So I ordered another one, from a different seller. Hopefully this cheap knockoff will be better than the other knock-off. If not, then I'll just have to buy an OEM, even though it's 3 to 4 times as expensive. Oh, and if the new new one is stiff, I'll just complain to the seller. Can't really do much about the previous seller, I already left feedback. And the stick worked... sort of... and even if I could complain, I already broke it trying to put it back together. *sigh*

WHY couldn't I just leave it alone????[/QUOTE]
i'm telling you, i've found out the hard way over the years - on controllers, or anything, there is no substitute for OEM, unfortunately. the sticks of off brand controllers have always been very stiff to me (which is what prompted me to ask). my friends would HATE to use any controllers that weren't OEM (since the N64 days. that's when i started buying them for others to use). it sucked, cuz being the fair guy i am, when they whined about losing everytime ("oh, it's the controllers fault"), i agreed to use the crappy controller. we started doing winner gets the good controller, all the way up to xbox. it sucked, cuz it really was the controller. i whooped them at every game, but the ONLY times they could beat me 25% of the time was when they had the OEM controller. they were just so expensive, and i was the one that had to buy them, for THEM to play with, lol. not anymore.

also, someone tattled that sdragon & i were carrying on conversations & bumping our own threads more than 3 times a day. wasn't true, but that day (yesterday), we did respond to each other twice in a short period of time. it has NOTHING to do with anyone else, but to make sure this is understood, i looked at your list. i didn't see anything i wanted to trade for, and i bump everyone's list that i look at. instead of just saying 'bump', i responded to one of the comments you made while bumping your own thread (which is NOT against the rules for you to do). just wanted to explain why i was spelling this out. it has ZEROP to do with you, man, but i want to let it be known when i bump someones list that i look at, and say something other than 'bump', it is the same exact thing. there is no rule that says i can not make a comment when i bump someone's thread. sorry to take up this much space just to make my intent clear. thanks for understanding.

Yeah, I haven't updated my list much with new items. I can scrounge around my room to find more stuff. There are also a few games I still need to take photos of.

I've never had trouble with my OEM Dusalshocks. I do try to buy them from a vendor that sells them less than the list price, since they are unreasonably expensive for such an "old" item. I find Logitech to have really high quality controllers, even better than the Sony ones. The only problem is that they are designed a tad differently, so my Splitfish MoveFX (I forget if that's the name) can't clip between the analog sticks on the Logitech controller because the design is slightly different... Not that I use that Splitfish product much at all, to be honest. It was on sale at GS, looked neat, so I bought it for a couple of dollars.

I think my favorite controller is the FragNstein. A different company now makes it, since Splitfish sued Bannco for using some of SF's software. Yeah, whoops! Anyway, it's been a great help, since I have a really hard time using WASD keys for movement controls.

Yeah, I hear you about the bump/comment type of thing. When I bump your thread, I'll try to include something that references your list. But, let me try to understand, the moderators don't mind if you just use "bump" but they do mind if you have a one or two-sentence comment?

first bump of the day! :p

So, while my finger is feeling better, I now have a sinus infection! At least I'm on an antibiotic.... and it feels like it is clearing up a bit, so I hope it is a short-lived ailment, especially since I have two exams later this week!

bump for you.

man, you sound like i did for a while. i was sick on every front. i really hope you get to feeling better, bud!

Me, too! What good are sinus cavities for anyway? I mean, my dogs never have sinus infections, so why do I get them? It's really a bummer, because I was doing pretty well all summer, and now, when I really need to be sharp for school, my head is full of snot! :(

I hope my new analog stick comes soon. This time, I will not take it apart. And I'll try moving the stick around to see if it is stiff - before I put it in my PSP! And if it is stiff, I'll complain to the seller. I mean, I've got two exams this week, it isn't like I was really going to have much gaming time anyway.

I also still have Summoner 2 to finish. I finally got 100 souls for two soul types - after much farming. Well, I'm trying out the weapon creation, and it's pretty restrictive, I can't really make anything that's better than the weapons I already have. So, all that time and effort and I'm not even going to use the gems to forge a weapon! Oh, well, live and learn. I still have to distribute those stat bonuses, and then get through a tough secret level before I move on to the last level for the game. I think I got really side-tracked with all this soul-farming, but now I know not to bother with it next time I play the game.

Sucks that you're sick when you need to be sharp for school :( Try to keep warm and eat plenty of chicken noodle soup, do you have allergies? Whenever I needed parts for a PSP I would just buy a broken one on eBay and take them apart. The price per part was usually cheaper and occasionally I could fix one completely and it could be resold :D

Let me know what kind of PS3 games you might be interested in, I'd be willing to trade a few for Grim Fandango ;)

Thanks for the bumps!

Well, the post-nasal drip was so bad, I got sick to my stomach, very nauseous. By 3AM, I still couldn't sleep, despite irrigating my sinuses 10 times. >.< Eventually took a decongestant, and that stopped the drip enough to calm my stomach so I could sleep. I dozed off in Orgo lecture - but that isn't exactly new...

at least I didn't have to go to class yesterday - the lab room for Cell Culture is so small, we only have two hoods, so the prof split the class in half and has half of us come in to work on stuff one day, and half comes in on another day. But only for times when we need to do stuff in the hoods, so it isn't like this for all the classes in that course. Heh, if I had gone in on Monday, I probably would have contaminated everything with my snot. :p

Hey man, sorry, I totally thought I responded or posted in your thread, must've been one of those YOU MUST WAIT XXX AMOUNT OF TIME TO POST AGAIN. Sorry, I really didn't see anything I want. :(

[quote name='OldSchool77']Sucks that you're sick when you need to be sharp for school :( Try to keep warm and eat plenty of chicken noodle soup, do you have allergies? Whenever I needed parts for a PSP I would just buy a broken one on eBay and take them apart. The price per part was usually cheaper and occasionally I could fix one completely and it could be resold :D

Let me know what kind of PS3 games you might be interested in, I'd be willing to trade a few for Grim Fandango ;)[/QUOTE]
Some PS3 games on my "MUST HAVE THIS" list:
God of War 3
God of War Collection
God of War Origins
Darksiders
Overlord 1 & 2
Rise of the Argonauts

I have some other games that I'm interested in trying out, but don't know if I'll actually like them. I've been burned so many times by only relying on other people's reviews, that I know I need to try a game myself to determine if I will like it or not.
Enslaved
Majin & the Forsaken Kingdom
Heavenly Sword
Infamous
Borderlands GotY
Prince of Persia
PoP: Sands of time collection
Lair
The Darkness
Prototype
Uncharted
Bayonetta
Folklore
Demon's Forge
Knight's Contract
heavy Rain
Brutal Legend
TR: Underworld
El Shaddai
Bulletstorm
Hunted: Demon's Forge
Venetica
Viking Battle for Asgard
Bioshock 1 & 2
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Assassin's Creed series
Dragon Age Ultimate edition
Two Worlds 2
Dungeon Siege 3
Dante's Inferno
there are probably a few more I forgot to list...

I'm not really good at shooter games...

[quote name='lain21us']Darksiders is good[/QUOTE]
I have the PC version (the Hellbook edition, had to import it from the UK), but I need to sort out some controller issues so that my axes (plural of axis, not axe :p ) aren't inverted.

I remember being thrilled to learn that Madeurea (however he spells his name...) was working on the art, I really liked his Battle Chasers comic book series. I love the vivid colors and general bad-ass character designs I've seen so far, I really should get my act together and test out my controller again so I can play the game. Still, it won't be the same without rumble feedback (I'm using a Logitech controller - it has rumble, but dev's rarely support anything other than the MS 360 controller-for-the-PC).

I kind of wish I hadn't used the Steamworks code for it; I got the game last year and haven't played it yet.

looked at your list bump!

i love Darksiders. everyone calls him Joe Mad, lol. i can't wait for part 2. you need to get that sorted out, man. that's a great game.

[quote name='lain21us']Corgie made me do this.[/QUOTE]
:D Corgis gonna corg. Obsessive Corgi Disorder

I know gamestop offers but a pittance for used games.... but is that true even when they have that 50% bonus trade in offer? Does that go in addition to my bonus trade-in credit for being a platinum card member (or whatever they are calling the card now)? Of course the percentage sounds big, but I know enough maths to know that it can be deceptive. Do you think I should bring any of my PS2 or PSP games in for trade-in credit? Or bide my time here on CAG?

Bump!

Also: Still looking for advice regaring Gamestops +50% trade-in bonus. I'm just worried that if/when I do eventually decide to trade-in my games, they won't accept PS2 games anymore! =/

Thanks!

I finished Summoner 2, woot! And because I dragged it out for an extra 10 hours, I don't feel bummed that the game is over - I mean, of course I wish the game was larger in scope so that I could have more & more varied opportunities wit the shapeshifting mechanic... I'm done with it, it's good, I felt ready to finish it. The last boss battles were kind of... well, kind of easy, but that could be because my characters were very high levels! heehee, there was an extra funny bonus cinematic at the end of the credits.

I'm kinda sad that it doesn't seem like the developer (Volition) will be making another Summoner game - or any games, it seems. It's a shame when a good dev just drops off the face of the planet - probably some fickle financial pressuring from the publisher, who knows. I am soooo picky about games, and I really couldn't find any glaring flaws in Summoner 2, it was very well-polished. I only encountered two bugs, but one of them could be due to scratches on the disc, I'm not sure. The other bug struck only two or three times, where the inventory use timer wouldn't refresh so you couldn't use any potions. It was only a problem when there wasn't another character I could switch to (doing that seems to solve the problem).

Yes, I can name several areas where the combat mechanics could use some improvement, particularly combat moves that have too long of an animation build-up, or dodgy contact mechanics. But overall, I think it is a really solid game, with a nice story, characters, and a creative world setting, not to mention a nice blend of combat mechanics (with a pause-creating HUD-menu that can be activated in order to select spells and inventory) and exploration mechanics (such as investigating scenery/and item, talking to NPCs, activating a lever, etc.). It really comes through that the developers really liked what they were making - from the inside-joke easter-eggs, to the hidden replica of the Volition building with NPCs representing the staff, to the silly cutscene at the end of the credits, to the care and polish evident in the released game.

Bump!

I have Tomb Raider: Underworld in my trade list if you're interested in that. I also have quite a few games from your "interested" list, I'll let you know what I think of them when I get back next Friday ;)

bread's done
Back