Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

Wow I still have 1 hr 51 min left to wait :(. But i want it now, I think ill go shoot up the joint, or just tell the worker: IMA DELETE YOUR WOW ACCOUNT IF YOU DONT HAND HALO 3 OVER BITCH!

thats their soft spot. "WOW"

[quote name='MemphisGun']What planet do you live on? Pluto?:cold:[/quote]

Ordered it online, so I would get cheaper. I don't need to play it on day one.

Just got the very final stage left on Sonic Rush Adventure and then my week's clear for Halo 3 :) (Well, aside from work, school, life, etc.) The best part? This weekend is a 4 day weekend at school/work for us. :) I'll volunteer to be cannon-fodder for you guys ;)

I'm currently in a Halo 3 Tournament at 1am, fighting for a new copy. If I lose, I'll just pick up my reserve in the morning. Either way, I'm looking forward to finishing the fight.

As for the people waiting in line for hours...umm, there isn't going to be a shortage, so I certainly hope your going for the launch parties (or you're homeless and have nothing better to do).

~HotShotX

So I'm not going to a midnight release at the GameCrazy I reserved my copy at, but what's the chances of them still going to have freebies leftover for tomorrow afternoon when I pick up my game? I want the lanyard the most, I can care less about the other stuff but I wouldn't mind them though lol

Wow, holy shit-- the line at Gamestop here was ridiculous--- the whole way around the shopping center. Coming home from work, was going to stop by, but Christ they were leading them in two-by-two it seemed.

Midnight sale was okay. I saw a kid fall on his face in the parking lot, he was alittle too excited about Halo 3 and tripped. And, I saw Kevin Smith there, I think?

So who else got scratches on their CE?

Both discs were loose all of them were loose at the store it seems.. My game disc had 2 light scratches but the extras disc was pristine go figure. I'd hate to see what my CE thats coming from BB.com via the USPS will look like! Some poor Walmart shopper will be getting that thanks to my CEs receipt. Sorry to them in advance.... :D

Wife stopped by my work and told me GS had a huge f'ing line 50+ at 7pm! (???)

I got out of work ten till midnight, ran by there on my way to walmart and the line was at least double. While there were alot of people in Walmart, I was still in and out in 10 minutes, that includes a stop to pick up some gatorade (fighting off a cold, need hydration). There were two lines. One VERY LONG, and one VERY short, 5 people in line. Naturally, I get in the short line and find out it's for the CE (no legendary at my walmart). For $66, the CE is a deal.

I was back in my car at 12:10 and driving past Gamestop, with 2/3 of the line still waiting. Poor bastards, I almost feel sorry for their stupidity.

Shit yeah, free inflatable chair, squeeze ball, t-shirt & hat from BB. Also ran into Kendal from this very site the second I got there....thankfully was wearing the Go fuck Yourself shirt or never would have noticed.

Bought Legendary on an impulse after talking myself out of it for weeks.

got my CE at walmart...and i will be going back tomorrow to exchange it since the case has a big dent in it at the bottom, i cant believe i did not notice it and the main disc was loose with some big marks and scratches on it...they had plenty left so i should not have a problem...

Like others, both of my Disc's were loose inside my Limited Edition. Thankfully only the Bonus Disc had the scratches. The game disc was minto.

Waited in line, got my regular edition! W00T! Too bad I got home to 3 red rings waiting on me. Had no idea that was coming. Time for 360 #3 tomorrow.

I went up to GameRush. I got there at 11:55, and the doors were locked, so i waited for one of the mother fuckers who were running around in there to see me. A woman comes out and says that they decided there not doing the midnight launch thing anymore, since there weren't people lined up at 11, which is when the store closed. I was the only one there, and i told the woman, who was being a total bitch to me, that it would take about 10 seconds for her to sell me MY COPY OF THE GAME THAT I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR AND WAS PROMISED TO BE ABLE TO GO INTO THE STORE AT 12 AND BUY IT. She says I can come back tomorrow, and I tell her that "I guess I'll just come by tomorrow and get my money back and buy it somewhere else." to which she responded, "okay" and then walked back into the store to resume her important job of moving dvd boxes around.

I'm fucking pissed.

I got Halo 3 at Best Buy and EVERY PIECE of swag there. Pics tomorrow afternoon.

Is it weird NO ONE is showing up on my friends list? I mean, I have 3 days of Gold free and no one's playing, and my settings are locked on closed.

[quote name='sj41']I went up to GameRush. I got there at 11:55, and the doors were locked, so i waited for one of the mother fuckers who were running around in there to see me. A woman comes out and says that they decided there not doing the midnight launch thing anymore, since there weren't people lined up at 11, which is when the store closed. I was the only one there, and i told the woman, who was being a total bitch to me, that it would take about 10 seconds for her to sell me MY COPY OF THE GAME THAT I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR AND WAS PROMISED TO BE ABLE TO GO INTO THE STORE AT 12 AND BUY IT. She says I can come back tomorrow, and I tell her that "I guess I'll just come by tomorrow and get my money back and buy it somewhere else." to which she responded, "okay" and then walked back into the store to resume her important job of moving dvd boxes around.

I'm fucking pissed.[/quote]
what a bitch

[quote name='Damian']Miss Manners has no manners?

http://lifestyle.msn.com/Relationships/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=1620018[/quote]
i actually enjoyed reading the whole thing, thanks for posting that.

[quote name='Danil ACE']Ok, I don't know how much lamer you can get than linking to a "Miss Manners" column.

Anyways, even though quoting this is totally lame, but necessary to explain to you. In that Miss Manners column, she says that,

"The only requirement is to prevent the donor’s knowing that it has been rejected."

So how do you think that his sister will feel when she finds out he sold it (if he chooses to do so)? The legendary edition is not a small thing to hide. She'd probably ask "where's that master chief helmet I bought you?" and I'm sure that she will be very upset he sold it for some quick cash because she took her time into choosing a gift that she thought would bring him joy because he likes videogames.

For example, I have two copies of the Matrix: Reloaded. One is sealed, because someone gave that to me as a gift because they knew I liked the Matrix trilogy, but they thought that it was the third movie (Revolutions), which I did not have. Making such a mistake isn't their fault and I respect the fact that they looked into my interests so they could buy me something I would enjoy (even if they accidently bought the wrong one in the trilogy).

The point is that I kept it because as the famous proverb says, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."[/quote]
i think you were exempt from keeping that gift if you already own it. i mean technically you still have the movie so how would they know. secondly, i think the gift giver would prefer it if you'd get some use out of the thing rather than just keeping it. at least exchange it for revolutions.

as for the person who got the gift from his sister, you have a pretty cool sister and maybe you should give it a shot before you write it off. but then again she did give you the receipt and not the actual box, that could be interpreted as authorization to exchange said gift.

Quick question guys.

Wasn't the Legendary Edition supposed a four-disc set? All I got were three discs. I seem to recall all the ads and press releases stating that it was a four-disc set.

Got my CE at Wal-Mart. I went through 3 different ones before I got one that wasnt scratched up. There was maybe 20 people in line at the most. The only thing they were giving out were Halo 3 dog tags so I grabbed those.

[quote name='DaveD']Waited in line, got my regular edition! W00T! Too bad I got home to 3 red rings waiting on me. Had no idea that was coming. Time for 360 #3 tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. I finally sent 360 #1 in a week ago, so no Halo 3 anytime soon for me.

[quote name='sj41']I went up to GameRush. I got there at 11:55, and the doors were locked, so i waited for one of the mother fuckers who were running around in there to see me. A woman comes out and says that they decided there not doing the midnight launch thing anymore, since there weren't people lined up at 11, which is when the store closed. I was the only one there, and i told the woman, who was being a total bitch to me, that it would take about 10 seconds for her to sell me MY COPY OF THE GAME THAT I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR AND WAS PROMISED TO BE ABLE TO GO INTO THE STORE AT 12 AND BUY IT. She says I can come back tomorrow, and I tell her that "I guess I'll just come by tomorrow and get my money back and buy it somewhere else." to which she responded, "okay" and then walked back into the store to resume her important job of moving dvd boxes around.

I'm fucking pissed.[/QUOTE]

I would definitely call Corporate tomorrow. If the store was suppose to be open I don't think the local manager has say so over if he/she wants to open because there was a lack of a line. When Gears launched my Gamestop had 3-5 people show for the release. Though the manager didn't particularly want to be there for just the few of us he opened, rushed us through and we got our game. fuck that bitch!

[quote name='triforcer']so what's the coolest swag at best buy?[/quote]

I actually like the light up ball dealie. The chair is cool and I like the shirt, but the ball is awesome.

So uhh...how's the game?

*continues studying for midterms and tries not to cry*

Someone please tell me that I'm not gonna regret forcing myself to wait until this weekend to play, lol.

[quote name='vietgurl']So uhh...how's the game?

*continues studying for midterms and tries not to cry*

Someone please tell me that I'm not gonna regret forcing myself to wait until this weekend to play, lol.[/quote]
don't worry, the game sucks

if i didn't have a TRU gift card from the 360 $300 deal, i may have gone to BB to get that swag. but i now realize it's for the better as i never have room for any of that useless crap.

It's very...pretty. But, sometimes that's not a good thing.
Sometimes it'll be VERY HARD TO SEE enemies/number of enemies on screen. Gears made it a lot easier to see enemies.

Here's the list of Best Buy swag:
- Inflatable Chair w/ Speakers
- Halo 3 T-Shirt/Hat combo
- Glowy Balls
- Thunder Sticks
- Knocked Up movie door hanger
- Advertisement for Halo 3 text messaging contest

So clearly, a lot of stuff.

bread's done
Back