Halo 3: ODST - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Does anyone know when the Reach Beta will actually go up? (If anyone with experience on playing the Halo 3 Beta Day one can chime in...) Is it one of the deals where it'll go up at midnight/early in the morning?[/QUOTE]

The actual file is already up on Xbox Marketplace servers, we just can't download it yet.

[quote name='help1']The actual file is already up on Xbox Marketplace servers, we just can't download it yet.[/QUOTE]
This is reassuring. Was this not the case for Halo 3? If it was the case, then what was the cause of the Halo 3 beta problems?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']This is reassuring. Was this not the case for Halo 3? If it was the case, then what was the cause of the Halo 3 beta problems?[/QUOTE]

Yep. That was the cause. The file didn't show up until several hours after the original start time.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Yep. That was the cause. The file didn't show up until several hours after the original start time.[/QUOTE]

The problem was the Crackdown disc integration. The actual beta was up beforehand. I was playing it using the F&F invite I got.

[quote name='Matt Young']So who's doing this Thursday night, and what time?[/QUOTE]

I'm still up for it tonight. It was supposed to be 8 EST but it honestly doesn't matter to me.

Hey, I had a question... is the Reach beta access only for those that purchased new copies? Is it impossible to get a beta code at this point?

[quote name='jonathanp']Hey, I had a question... is the Reach beta access only for those that purchased new copies? Is it impossible to get a beta code at this point?[/QUOTE]

well if you have a disk copy of odst youre good, regardless of how you acquired the disk. theres no code associated with the disk method of accessing the beta.

[quote name='paz9x']well if you have a disk copy of odst youre good, regardless of how you acquired the disk. theres no code associated with the disk method of accessing the beta.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. I'll wait it out and see if I can get a used copy on the cheap. Although it I get a free code somehow...:cool:

I'll be able to fire up tonight. Please shoot me a friend request. You will probably see me playing Mass Effect, but send an invite and I'll be right over.

I'm in if we can start early enough. I should log off around 11 (EST) though so I can at least get a small nap before work though.

I'm ready whenever everyone else is so what's the particular time this is going to start? I'll sign on as soon as I get confirmation.

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']LOL.
Well I'll be on at 9ish.
Send me a message or FR to get it going.
I'm not that hardcore.[/QUOTE]

Alright I got you around 9 then but what's your GT?

Guys, there is a post about how to download the Reach beta in the Reach thread. I will be waiting to play the beta (downloading now) till after we get done, but it would be nice if we could all migrate over to that.

IceBlueShoes, I sent a FR.

I've sent FRs and/or accepted requests to all interested parties plus I have a lobby open so I'm sending invites right now. I warn you I'm more of a Gears player than anything else so I plan on following the lead of the most competent player in our group.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I've sent FRs and/or accepted requests to all interested parties plus I have a lobby open so I'm sending invites right now. I warn you I'm more of a Gears player than anything else so I plan on following the lead of the most competent player in our group.[/QUOTE]

Just don't follow me and you'll be ok. :razz:

[quote name='Matt Young']I sent a friend request to IceBlueShoes, but he denied me. :whistle2:\[/QUOTE]
Dude. I didn't deny you. I was playing with ya!

Sorry for sucking and dieing so much.
I'd be up for playing again sometime though.
Campaign or firefight.
Whatever works.

Either one works. After tonight, I love Firefight. I just hated it when I was playing 2 player with EastX. But I've never finished the campaign, and I really want to.

IceBlueShoes, the first friend request I sent to you disappeared.

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']Dude. I didn't deny you. I was playing with ya!

Sorry for sucking and dieing so much.
I'd be up for playing again sometime though.
Campaign or firefight.
Whatever works.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Oh please... both you and Matt did fine. Despite us never getting past the first round (Gears 2 horde is WAY more forgiving) we still held our own. Anyone up for Legendary campaign or Firefight today? Let me know. I still say if we can get everyone mobile for Endure it'll be a done deal. Besides... I'm itching to steal another Chopper and ram it into some witless Brute tonight. >_>

[quote name='Matt Young']Either one works. After tonight, I love Firefight. I just hated it when I was playing 2 player with EastX. But I've never finished the campaign, and I really want to.

IceBlueShoes, the first friend request I sent to you disappeared.[/QUOTE]
I only got 1 FR, so I have no clue what's going on...
Ah well it works now...
[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']LOL. Oh please... both you and Matt did fine. Despite us never getting past the first round (Gears 2 horde is WAY more forgiving) we still held our own. Anyone up for Legendary campaign or Firefight today? Let me know. I still say if we can get everyone mobile for Endure it'll be a done deal. Besides... I'm itching to steal another Chopper and ram it into some witless Brute tonight. >_>[/QUOTE]
I'm up for Halo tonight. Either the legendary campaign or firefight.
Legendary is stupid hard though. I tried it with 1 other person and we kept getting smoked.
Heroic is hard too, but I managed that 1 on my own. Had to run like hell a LOT of the time though, especially when you have to fight 2 hunters in a small area...

Just let me know when you want to play at...

Any time tonight is fine with me though if we're doing the campaign it is realistically going to take a few hours so the earlier the better. We should be able to handle it though with a 4-man squad. I don't have much on my plate today so I'm good for whatever time is best for everyone.

Last night was a lot of fun. I would definitely be down for playing again this weekend (Firefight or Campaign). Matt and IceBlueShoes, I know I was playing with you two last night, but I'm not sure I added you to the friend list. I will be sure to do that when I get home later.

Also, I did a little research to better understand the progression system, thought I'd share it with you guys if you're interested:

340x_H3ODST_Firefight_SecurityZone1stPerson2_01.jpg

The box in the upper left of your field of view represents the progress through the Firefight mission.

• Each slash mark in that box represents a wave of enemies.
  • Five waves completes a round, represented by a dot. Completing a round activates rule-tweaking skulls. The more rounds completed, the more skulls are live. The end of a round also spawns some health packs and ammo drops (i.e. new Warthog).
  • Every three rounds that are completed finishes a set, which is indicated by a number to the left of those dots.

Edit: [quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Any time tonight is fine with me though if we're doing the campaign it is realistically going to take a few hours so the earlier the better. We should be able to handle it though with a 4-man squad. I don't have much on my plate today so I'm good for whatever time is best for everyone.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. I should be able to fire up between 5 - 6 PM est.

[quote name='Swift900']Last night was a lot of fun. I would definitely be down for playing again this weekend (Firefight or Campaign). Matt and IceBlueShoes, I know I was playing with you two last night, but I'm not sure I added you to the friend list. I will be sure to do that when I get home later.

Also, I did a little research to better understand the progression system, thought I'd share it with you guys if you're interested:

340x_H3ODST_Firefight_SecurityZone1stPerson2_01.jpg

The box in the upper left of your field of view represents the progress through the Firefight mission.

• Each slash mark in that box represents a wave of enemies.
  • Five waves completes a round, represented by a dot. Completing a round activates rule-tweaking skulls. The more rounds completed, the more skulls are live. The end of a round also spawns some health packs and ammo drops (i.e. new Warthog).
  • Every three rounds that are completed finishes a set, which is indicated by a number to the left of those dots.

Edit:

Sounds good. I should be able to fire up between 5 - 6 PM est.[/QUOTE]
5-6 EST sounds good to me.
If I'm playing something else, just send me a request and i'll join up with you guys.

I'm up for firefight too. I think my dad is making dinner sometime today though so who knows when I could actually be around to play.

Turns out he's not making dinner and I'm on my own tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends if it's firefigt or campaign. I'm in for firefight. Campaign probably not as I do like to go through at least once by myself to get a feel for it as a personal preference.

bread's done
Back