Halo 3: ODST - Gen. Discussion & Info

I may be in. If it's campaign, definitely. If it's firefight, probably not. The only I say no to firefight is because I'd much rather play the Reach beta than that.

As far as a start time, I have to wait to find out when my Madden league game will be before I will know if I can be on to play at the chosen time.

I'd like to do FF considering how close we were last time, but 9:30 is too late for me right now. Once I become funemployed on TuesdayThursday though, I'm good whenever give or take (moving on the 15th, so between the 13th through whenever might not work, but aside from that). Have to readjust my sleep schedule though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't want to do campaign if we'd only be doing one level. I don't expect people to play through it all with me in one night, but I'd say 20-25% of the game wouldn't be too much.

Alright, anyone up for some ODST this weekend? (Sat preferably)
I THINK I got my mic working and this will be the only time I can use it since I'm moving and not bringing it with me.
Tomorrow night also works too.

I'll try to remember to post here when everything is good to go, but officially became funemployed yesterday, but moving today. SUPPOSEDLY, internet will be up Monday (when my dad says he'll work on it) provided our care package from our new ISP is there. Which according to them is being mailed today if it's not already there. I will be working most likely for this one guy on weekends, so late friday / saturday night may not work (undecided how I'll do my sleep schedule to be honest), but any other day will work no problem.

And while I would like to get the FF vidmaster, I need the 200k points on all the maps as well (except for Lost Platoon).

Someone PM me when they're up for either firefight or campaign. I still haven't played through it and the amount of people playing it is only going to get smaller as the game gets older. :(

If we can get four people for firefight LATE tonight(midnight Central time), I would be up for going for some 200,000 achievements.

I'm looking for people to co-op the game with me and get as many achievements as we can. The more people the better since I suck at Halo. :)

[quote name='Blackout']I'm looking for people to co-op the game with me and get as many achievements as we can. The more people the better since I suck at Halo. :)[/QUOTE]
I'm game.
I still want to get the vidmaster achievements but also wouldn't mind going through the game on legendary.

My mic is messed up so I can only listen but let me know when you want to play.

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']I'm game.
I still want to get the vidmaster achievements but also wouldn't mind going through the game on legendary.

My mic is messed up so I can only listen but let me know when you want to play.[/QUOTE]
I'm in too! I need the vidmasters as well, I'll add both of you.

I'm Lord Mooseifer (GT to the left is inaccurrate).

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']I'm in too! I need the vidmasters as well, I'll add both of you.

I'm Lord Mooseifer (GT to the left is inaccurrate).[/QUOTE]
The only way this game works is if you set up a time before hand.
That's the sad reality of it.

I'm on EST and can play anytime, after 8:30ish.

I pretty much need most of the achievements. Are you guys down for the collecting stuff too? We can play on Legendary to knock out all the story achievements.

I can play anytime. I'd be down to run through it this weekend.

[quote name='Blackout']I pretty much need most of the achievements. Are you guys down for the collecting stuff too? We can play on Legendary to knock out all the story achievements.

I can play anytime. I'd be down to run through it this weekend.[/QUOTE]
I've beaten the game solo on Heroic, but would like to get the campaign multiplayer achievements.

Do you mean doing it in 1 sitting? That'll take a while...
I guess we COULD try for it or one of the vidmaster achievements Sat afternoon?

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']I've beaten the game solo on Heroic, but would like to get the campaign multiplayer achievements.

Do you mean doing it in 1 sitting? That'll take a while...
I guess we COULD try for it or one of the vidmaster achievements Sat afternoon?[/QUOTE]

I dunno about one sitting, I might fall asleep. :) We could do it over 2-3 nights since the campaign isn't that long. I need the skulls and audio log achievements too, that's what I meant about collecting.

the best way to get the collecting stuff is to play through on easy. doing it with a group is a waste of time.

I wouldn't mind going through this again and work towards the campaign achievements or any of the firefight ones as I haven't got a chance to do that at all. I'm free anytime tonight(Friday) and any time Saturday, if you guys have a time in mind!

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']I should be able to play tomorrow.
What time should we start? 7pm est ok?[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me. Are we just going to be playing Co-op legendary or are we aiming for other achievements too? We need a gameplan! :)

That might be a couple hours too early for me. But I'd like to go through the whole campaign and get as many achievements as possible.

[quote name='Blackout']Sounds good to me. Are we just going to be playing Co-op legendary or are we aiming for other achievements too? We need a gameplan! :)[/QUOTE]
I'm game either way.
I'd prefer to do the achievement, but am fine with the campaign.
[quote name='Matt Young']That might be a couple hours too early for me. But I'd like to go through the whole campaign and get as many achievements as possible.[/QUOTE]
Hows 9PM EST then?

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']Just wondering, has anyone finished the campaign?[/QUOTE]

yeah Ive finished it on legendary. lower difficulties are too easy especially with a group.
if you want to get the data recordings and the good samaritan/naughty naughty. its best to beat the game going for good samaritan on whatever difficulty you want to play it on. go through the hub level on easy and pick up the recordings and naughty naughty.

the vidmaster last stage on legendary is very fun.

9 or 10 EST works for me.

I started playing the single player campaign a few weeks ago but only beat a few missions.

Sounds good. I'll be on in a few minutes. Do we have four people?

[quote name='Blackout']Sounds good. I'll be on in a few minutes. Do we have four people?[/QUOTE]
Good question...
I can't come on till 10 though. Sorry.
I've had a last min thing come up.

Feel free to add me though.

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']Good question...
I can't come on till 10 though. Sorry.
I've had a last min thing come up.

Feel free to add me though.[/QUOTE]

That's cool. I'll just pop in some Fallout 3. Hopefully that gives more time for people to show up.

I sent requests to everyone who posted since the last page. Matt Young, I couldn't add you because your list is full.

I can do 10, but my mic hasn't been working right. Well, sometimes it does, and other times, it emits some weird distortion that I can't hear but other people can.

That's cool Matt, just use it.

Kendro I sent you a request.

Are we talking 10 EST or 10 Central?

We got three guys so far, need another. We're in the lobby right now.

Sorry guys. The battery in my controller completely died and I don't have any more. I'll have to pick some up at the store tomorrow. You guys wanna play again tomorrow night?

Ah, I was wondering what happened. It was cruelly ironic, as the end came literally right as we entered the part at which I was stuck in single player (though I have completed the "later" level, Kikowani Station).

I would love to play tomorrow. Whenever we play next, could whoever was skipping the cut scenes not do so? I haven't seen any of the rest, and I know someone else in the party said they hadn't seen them, either.

If we could get through the rest of the campaign tomorrow, that would be awesome. not sure what you guys want to do, though.

[quote name='Matt Young']Ah, I was wondering what happened. It was cruelly ironic, as the end came literally right as we entered the part at which I was stuck in single player (though I have completed the "later" level, Kikowani Station).

I would love to play tomorrow. Whenever we play next, could whoever was skipping the cut scenes not do so? I haven't seen any of the rest, and I know someone else in the party said they hadn't seen them, either.

If we could get through the rest of the campaign tomorrow, that would be awesome. not sure what you guys want to do, though.[/QUOTE]
I MIGHT be able to play tomorrow.
Depends on the time.

Sorry about the cut scenes. Just so used to skipping them.

Let me know what time you guys have in mind. I'll check back later on.

Yeah, maybe around the same time tomorrow? Or a little earlier? Whatever works.

I wouldn't mind finishing the campaign tomorrow. How many more levels do we got to go?

Saw you guys were playing tonight but were full when I had signed on. I will be available tomorrow after midnight EST if you end up needing 1 extra at some point after that.

Sucks that the game ended at the very end of Kizingo Boulevard. I went back to single player since that was the part I was stuck on. It turns out there were 2 health packs just lying on the ground, but I never found them due to not being able to get to the street without being killed. I managed to survive with my one sliver of health by running away a lot and shooting things from a distance with the pistol till I completed the level.

I just wanted to complete it to continue my campaign for the clue achievements.

[quote name='Blackout']Yeah, maybe around the same time tomorrow? Or a little earlier? Whatever works.

I wouldn't mind finishing the campaign tomorrow. How many more levels do we got to go?[/QUOTE]
8:30ish work? Or is 9pm better?

I also wouldn't mind going through Halo 3 on Legendary, but that's nothing more than a dream it seems...

I can either play before 8 Eastern or after 10:30-11 Eastern. Lakers NBA Finals game is on. I don't want to miss that, but I don't want to miss a session with you guys since I'll pretty much be screwed as far as getting the achievement goes.

bread's done
Back