Halo 4 out November 6th!!

Achievements aren't that bad actually, I got two of the annoying ones somehow really easily. Was playing king of the hill, meleed some guy to death and got ODST and Special Delivery for 60G, which is good because those two looked difficult to get.

I only have airborne warthog kill (just need a little luck), board mantis (fairly easy) and the 20 stomps one. I think the stomps one is the worst, as I 1) never like to use the mantis and 2) don't think i'll ever be in a situation where I can stomp 20 people.

I found most people voting for maps with mantis/turrets obviously to try and get achievements done so hopefully after a week or two people will just focusing on playing the map appose to achievement hunting.

Also is it confirmed that you can score these achievements on non crimson maps like Reach etc or is it strictly DLC only?

[quote name='saunderscowie']Achievements aren't that bad actually, I got two of the annoying ones somehow really easily. Was playing king of the hill, meleed some guy to death and got ODST and Special Delivery for 60G, which is good because those two looked difficult to get.

I only have airborne warthog kill (just need a little luck), board mantis (fairly easy) and the 20 stomps one. I think the stomps one is the worst, as I 1) never like to use the mantis and 2) don't think i'll ever be in a situation where I can stomp 20 people.

I found most people voting for maps with mantis/turrets obviously to try and get achievements done so hopefully after a week or two people will just focusing on playing the map appose to achievement hunting.

Also is it confirmed that you can score these achievements on non crimson maps like Reach etc or is it strictly DLC only?[/QUOTE]

The achievements are glitched. I got ODST and I was nowhere near a man cannon. GAF thread posters and Reddit users in /Halo are confirming this also.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']The achievements are glitched. I got ODST and I was nowhere near a man cannon. GAF thread posters and Reddit users in /Halo are confirming this also.[/QUOTE]

I got ODST while blowing a guy away with a rocket launcher... so unless there is slag that 343 is using that I don't know about I too can confirm this issue. :lol:

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']I would say get the pass $25 isnt as much as other season passes ($50 for COD) and you get the 3 map packs and is it really possible to get bored of Halo?[/QUOTE]

yea it is, i find myself having to switch between games

ODST achivement is definitely glitched - killed a guy with a grenade while jumping and got it. Shrug. Glad I got it since I hate these fucking "Hurr hurr! Wacky gameplay!" achievements that make people play like retards at the expense of working towards an objective - that get a kill while in the air with the Warthog is especially stupid.

Can't remember the name of it, but the one that requires you to kill a guy with a melee while landing off a man cannon is also one I stumbled onto. I was on a ledge above a guy, jumped off and melee'd him for a kill and got it. So it may just be that you need some elevation to pull it off, and as long as you're falling, you'll get it.

Never going to get that "foot stomp 20 guys in the Mantis" one, so I guess that's the end of me thinking I'll S-Rank Halo 4's achievements at some point.

Extraction isn't great but it doesn't hurt anything. Not a lot of smart play going on that I saw, but it may be that people are still getting used to it.

The air warthog is all luck I've been lucky enough to have nice random people drive for me in the warthog and drive off of cliffs hoping I get the achievement but no go so far

[quote name='GUNNM']The air warthog is all luck I've been lucky enough to have nice random people drive for me in the warthog and drive off of cliffs hoping I get the achievement but no go so far[/QUOTE]

Any of the maps got the Gauss Cannon Warthog? That would make the process real easy...

Also, in other related news... Has anyone gotten a Splatter with the Gauss Cannon? :)

I literally had a guy hide behind a warthog on exile and when I shot the warthog (I was aiming for him BTW) the hog was shoved back on him and gave me, the turret operator, a splatter kill. :lol: (Its on my file share if anyone is curious.)

I am glad the ODST and Special Delivery achievements are glitched as they sound pretty annoying to get. I have also had some randoms in warthog all trying to get kills but no luck yet. The machine gun turret is a little tricky to get a kill with.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Any of the maps got the Gauss Cannon Warthog? That would make the process real easy...

Also, in other related news... Has anyone gotten a Splatter with the Gauss Cannon? :)

I literally had a guy hide behind a warthog on exile and when I shot the warthog (I was aiming for him BTW) the hog was shoved back on him and gave me, the turret operator, a splatter kill. :lol: (Its on my file share if anyone is curious.)[/QUOTE]
Nope. There's like 4 warthogs on harvest though I tried parking a warthog on a ledge to see if it would unlock that didn't work.

Special delivery legit would have been annoying. I camped on SWAT harvest for clay pigeon because I knew where the man cannon's were and just waited ez points!

So what does this mean? are they pulling crimson map pack from people who got it free?

looks like it
https://twitter.com/XboxSupport1/status/278701658219876352
As an additional reward to those customers that participated in our "14 Day, Buy and Play" program (which ran from Nov. 6 – Nov. 20), we are providing complimentary access to the Crimson Map Pack for a limited time, through Tuesday, December 18 at 9am UTC/GMT.
There were some initial complications with the distribution of the "14 day, Buy and Play" reward tokens, and so we decided to provide the additional reward of complimentary access to the Crimson Map Pack, for a limited time, as a "thank you" to our customers that contributed to the success of the "Halo 4" launch.

[quote name='GUNNM']So what does this mean? are they pulling crimson map pack from people who got it free?

looks like it
https://twitter.com/XboxSupport1/status/278701658219876352
As an additional reward to those customers that participated in our "14 Day, Buy and Play" program (which ran from Nov. 6 – Nov. 20), we are providing complimentary access to the Crimson Map Pack for a limited time, through Tuesday, December 18 at 9am UTC/GMT.
There were some initial complications with the distribution of the "14 day, Buy and Play" reward tokens, and so we decided to provide the additional reward of complimentary access to the Crimson Map Pack, for a limited time, as a "thank you" to our customers that contributed to the success of the "Halo 4" launch.

[/QUOTE]

I asked Xbox support and yeah pretty much you have access to the map pack until the 18th then you will be prompted to pay for the pack or buy the war games pass

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']I asked Xbox support and yeah pretty much you have access to the map pack until the 18th then you will be prompted to pay for the pack or buy the war games pass[/QUOTE]

Good not fair to those who paid :)

343 decided that everyone had gotten their specialization code emails or messages and closed that official thread posted a few pages back....um hello guys THOUSANDS of players including me still dont have a code. Losing respect for 343 every day, their customer service and support is a joke.

Ha, bullshit. This nonsense "complimentary access" is the equivalent of Pee-Wee Herman falling off his bike in front of the cool kids and saying "I meant to do that." The amount of people who will play these maps for free, get at least some of the achivements, and then actually buy them after access is revoked is positively miniscule compared to the number of people who just would have bought it if they hadn't fucked up.

I suppose it's also their way to pretend this was all intentional to try to combat the people upset that what they paid extra money for was given away for free.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Ha, bullshit. This nonsense "complimentary access" is the equivalent of Pee-Wee Herman falling off his bike in front of the cool kids and saying "I meant to do that."[/QUOTE]
:lol:

[quote name='KaneRobot']I suppose it's also their way to pretend this was all intentional to try to combat the people upset that what they paid extra money for was given away for free.[/QUOTE]Not saying this was their best choice but they needed to do something... If you got the first map pack free than it would cost more to have bought the season pass than it would have been to just 'buy' the map packs.

Though truth come to shove... I think a week to demo the map pack is pretty fair.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Ha, bullshit. This nonsense "complimentary access" is the equivalent of Pee-Wee Herman falling off his bike in front of the cool kids and saying "I meant to do that." The amount of people who will play these maps for free, get at least some of the achivements, and then actually buy them after access is revoked is positively miniscule compared to the number of people who just would have bought it if they hadn't fucked up.

I suppose it's also their way to pretend this was all intentional to try to combat the people upset that what they paid extra money for was given away for free.[/QUOTE]

you don't represent the majority, people will pay for the map pack now regardless. this is actually good damage control.

Has anyone tried downloading the Map Pass on one console to "authorize" that console and then use it on another console while signed in? I know you could do it in Gears 3 and MW3.

The saddest thing about this made up "Buy and Play" thing is that someone actually came up with a good DLC preview or demo system. People who have the game can download content and try it out for a week before buying it. If they do it with the other map packs, good for them. If they never do anything like this again? Complete BS

I actually still havent got the chance to play it. I have the game but things keep coming up or I keep getting back tracked by my other list of games to play like 100%'ing NSMB U,finishing Zombi U, finishing The Last Story and still gotta finish Xenoblade too! arghhhhhh >.

ehhh... if it does end up being a trial for the map pack, I'm fine with that. I didn't buy it so no loss for me.

seems like the owner of the $20 on the ground realized his mistake before I could pick it up. :)

but it does bring up the interesting idea of having trials for map packs. that's something I'd go for. so I test out the crimson map pack and if I like it, buy it.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Ha, bullshit. This nonsense "complimentary access" is the equivalent of Pee-Wee Herman falling off his bike in front of the cool kids and saying "I meant to do that." The amount of people who will play these maps for free, get at least some of the achivements, and then actually buy them after access is revoked is positively miniscule compared to the number of people who just would have bought it if they hadn't fucked up.

I suppose it's also their way to pretend this was all intentional to try to combat the people upset that what they paid extra money for was given away for free.[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I'm wrong, as the wording is confusing, but to me it seems like anyone who downloads the maps before the 18th gets to keep them forever. I don't think anyone will have anything taken away.

I had the season pass so it doesn't affect me too much either way, but I would like more people to have the map pack to keep the population higher.

Anyone know if you can get the achievements for the map pack in custom games? I remember doing a few in Halo 3 but maybe something changed. I'm usually not one for "boosting" but the air kill warthog and 20 Mantis stomps...well, if we got a few people together and knocked them out, I wouldn't complain.

I have all of the achievements except the warthog one I'd help though we'd need at least 3 people with 4 controllers or does halo 4 allow multiple guests?

And no they can't be done in customs we can just search for a full game with a full party

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KaneRobot']Anyone know if you can get the achievements for the map pack in custom games? I remember doing a few in Halo 3 but maybe something changed. I'm usually not one for "boosting" but the air kill warthog and 20 Mantis stomps...well, if we got a few people together and knocked them out, I wouldn't complain.[/QUOTE]

No matchmaking only.

[quote name='GUNNM']I have all of the achievements except the warthog one I'd help though we'd need at least 3 people with 4 controllers or does halo 4 allow multiple guests?[/QUOTE]

Just be careful using guests, in Reach they had people banned for having guests that are not active. I am not sure what the order is, but I think it is an xp ban for like a day and it obviously gets worse.

I would like to do the mantis kills, I have three, but I don't really like using the mantis.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Just be careful using guests, in Reach they had people banned for having guests that are not active. I am not sure what the order is, but I think it is an xp ban for like a day and it obviously gets worse.[/QUOTE]Just sign up for a game session over a true achievements and they should all be pretty easy to do. :)

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']

I would like to do the mantis kills, I have three, but I don't really like using the mantis.[/QUOTE]
We don't plan on doing this all day. Two games MAX. I can do me + 3 guests.

I did mantis legit it was pretty brutal since everyone has a plasma pistol if I got more than 2 a game I felt like I succeeded.

also if anyone wants to do try for that achievement with all marines must live on chapter 4 add me I need that and co op heroic

[quote name='The Ebbtide']These new achievements aren't even a week old. Just keep playing and you'll get them eventually.[/QUOTE]

This. I never understand why people rush to get DLC achievements....just play the game and enjoy it instead of going through a bunch of hassle to add 50 gamerscore.

Hmm I finally broke down and picked up the War Games Pass, I know I'll be playing for some time now (but seeing Borderlands2's Season Pass on an upcoming sale makes me question if I should have held off another few weeks).

I already got it scratch me off the list haha.

One question, I got the ODST achievement in the first game when the dlc first became available and it is not showing I have unlocked it on xbox.com. So would I have to redownload my profile again and try to get it again? From what I gather is if you delete the profile and download it again and get the achievement again, it will show up.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, its just I have never had this happen before.

[quote name='GamerDude316']This. I never understand why people rush to get DLC achievements....just play the game and enjoy it instead of going through a bunch of hassle to add 50 gamerscore.[/QUOTE]

Not gonna happen. Like I already said, a few of these aren't particularly "fun" and detract from playing like you should be playing anyway, and by the time I got even close to the Mantis one naturally the playlist would have a lot fewer people on it. I want this nonsense over with.

INMATEofARKHAM - thanks for pointing that site out, I had signed up for it randomly in the past but didn't know they had sessions like this. Signed up for one on Saturday AM.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KaneRobot']Not gonna happen. Like I already said, a few of these aren't particularly "fun" and detract from playing like you should be playing anyway, and by the time I got even close to the Mantis one naturally the playlist would have a lot fewer people on it. I want this nonsense over with.[/QUOTE]

If you want it over with then why even go through it in the first place?

[quote name='GUNNM']The lack of details in your story is good enough for me to poop on![/QUOTE]

Random teammates running out by themselves while they're the King on Team Regicide, people exclusively using vehicles, people with camo crouching and hiding around utterly RANDOM corners with Boltshots away from the objective

[quote name='GUNNM']camo + snipers on king of the hill annoy me to the point of me going to hunt them down myself[/QUOTE]

Camo + anything.

Hey, I got a great idea guys...let's make this ability that's been a POWER-UP for the first 3 games, into an Armor Ability! Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Bungie really fucked it up by setting that precedent with Reach.

[quote name='Swift900']I feel like I've been running into a lot of idle teammates. Does 343 have any sort of protection against this?[/QUOTE]
They do have a system, but it requires a few offenses. Then their system begins to keep a record, and when an offender hits a limit (I think it's 3 times after you've been marked) they're banned from online with no option for return. They have a detailed explanantion on their forums about this. It also seems to apply to people who quit out of games too frequently, as it's seen as manipulating your stats. Before someone goes on about how they need to quit for some bullshit reason, it's for repeat offenders.

And Camo gets worse when people are using Wetwork, as players with the Vision Ability can't even see them.

[quote name='KaneRobot']INMATEofARKHAM - thanks for pointing that site out, I had signed up for it randomly in the past but didn't know they had sessions like this. Signed up for one on Saturday AM.[/QUOTE]Its an invaluable website. I suggest keeping a closer eye on it. (and yeah the sessions part is really, really, nice.) :)

Got all the achievements last night except for the 20 kills with the stomping Mantis and the detached turret. Killing someone with a flying mongoose was a HUGE pain and the only one I didn't get legit(aka, I just gave up and boosted it, and even then it was still a pain).

I don't like these random game play moment style achievements at all.

The only one I boosted was that warthog one and even that was a pain in the ass till the guy helping me came up with a brilliant idea of sitting in the passenger seat and meleeing the driver to death

Heh heh, yeah I was prone to active camo sniping with the light rifle in CTF on harvest. You need a distraction, I'm your man. You need the person currently holding the hill gone, I'm your man haa.

Really like all 3 maps, big maps are Halo to me and their scale is just perfect. Wreckage is a bit big but you have vehicles on the outside and thrusters in the middle. It's great to throw a hologram onto that. Did that and went in after wards and was facing off against like the whole team on the cliff and since I had a hologram I took out 2 of 'em. :cool:

bread's done
Back