Halo 4 Pre-order Bonuses & Deals - Releases 11/6/12

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]28701[/IMG-R]Halo 4 is out next week to great reviews. Check out our listing of Halo 4 pre-order bonuses and deals.[/preview]
Release Date 11/6/12

Pre-order bonus information from Halo Waypoint forums & Halopedia
All retailers include free shipping.

Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag and Beat Halo 4 on Normal, Get $35 & More

iconamazon.gif
Amazon $59.00
$10 Amazon Instant Video Credit
Skin: Web Armor: CIO
Emblem: Spartan
Emblem: Bulletproof

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy $59.99
$20 in Reward Certificates for Gamers Club Unlocked members
Skin: Raptor Armor: Venator
Skin: Dead Eye helmet skin
Poster: Master Chief Poster

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop $59.99
Skin: Forest Armor: HAZOP
Skin: Arctic Weapon: Battle Rifle

:360: Microsoft Store $59.99
$25 off next Microsoft Store purchase
Skin: Pulse Armor: Gungnir

:360: Microsoft Store (B&M) $54.99
$25 Gift Card for the Microsoft Store
Skin: Pulse Armor: Gungnir

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart $59.99 Limited Edition $99.96
$4.99 Vudu credit
Skin: Oceanic Armor (Circuit)

newegg.gif
Newegg
$47.99 [requires coupon code EMCJJNH48 - EXPIRES 11/4]
No Bonuses

FRYS $49.99 [no free shipping, $2.99 for economy]
No Bonuses

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GBAstar']^ I can confirm the LE Console Content is on a voucher inside the "not labeled for resale" game case that comes with the console bundle.

All codes are on one voucher and they are exposed (i.e. no protective strip).[/QUOTE]
Yay for no protective strip, but not so happy about the not for resale label on the game case.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Obviously it wouldn't be. It is a Microsoft LE, they mass produce these things like crazy. No real value in it anyway, just buy the season pass or whatever for it to get the maps. Would still be cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Thats my plan sigh :drool:

My son was able to get the dog tags, helmet, and pen from BB, but it sounds like all GameStops are having issues with DLC. Mine are already sold on ebay.....

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']So best buy stores have extra LE? Hope mine does too since it looks like Amazon is gonna fail me for the first time[/QUOTE]

Stinks right? Of all the games to let people down on...
I'm going to try Target this morning. I'm hopeful since I recently saw the AC3 CE at a few of my stores. Good luck.

[quote name='htz']Yay for no protective strip, but not so happy about the not for resale label on the game case.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is plastered "Not Labeled for Individual Sale" right across the front. Again I didn't follow this game much but there are also two discs labeled as "Disc 1" and "Disc 2" but that could be something that everyone was aware of.

No instruction manual either and on the inside of the case art are the health and hazard warnings.

Again no protective strip and the DLC codes are divided into 4 labeled as follows:

In-Game Skins; Emblem

Female Avatar Prop (FOTUS)

Male Avatar Prop (FOTUS)

^ I thought this included some sort of rifle but maybe that is in the first code

[quote name='Vader582']Stinks right? Of all the games to let people down on...
I'm going to try Target this morning. I'm hopeful since I recently saw the AC3 CE at a few of my stores. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

I know, of all the games its the biggest exclusive release of the year well there are only 5 people ahead of me so should be able to get it.

Question for anyone who pre-ordered the normal edition and upgraded to LE how did it work? Does it affect the $20 RZ?

Apparently, Gamestop's DLC printer server is offline. So, I got a rain check on the DLC, and a coupon for some free Chipotle out of the deal, for the inconvenience. So, score some Halo 4 and the screaming shits for me tomorrow night, when I get home from work.

[quote name='preston181']Apparently, Gamestop's DLC printer server is offline. So, I got a rain check on the DLC, and a coupon for some free Chipotle out of the deal, for the inconvenience. So, score some Halo 4 and the screaming shits for me tomorrow night, when I get home from work.[/QUOTE]

I have yet to even try Chipotle, but anyway, I am so glad I decided to just sit home and pick it up in the morning.

[quote name='GBAstar']^ I can confirm the LE Console Content is on a voucher inside the "not labeled for resale" game case that comes with the console bundle.

All codes are on one voucher and they are exposed (i.e. no protective strip).[/QUOTE]

Ah that's unfortunate. I bought a LE as well so I'm giving my standard one from the console to a friend. Hope he doesn't mind it opened...

Yeah, my local Gamestop said to come back later this week to get the DLC. Sucks, I sold mine on ebay already, too. I know the guys there and hopefully they'll hook me up.

The one I'm worried about is Best Buy (where I got the console). They f the codes up all the time.

Do you guys know if I have to install the game with the disc if I wanna play online? I'm gonna have to return my halo console because there's a crack on it and wanna play halo tonight but not if I'm gonna have to wait an hour to install the game

I walked into Gamestop late (1 AM) when they checked me out, the guy said I was lucky because I was the 2nd person to be able to get their pre order codes. Too bad I have no idea how to use them in game...

Okay so I went to the Midnight release at gamestop and picked up my copy of Halo 4.

When/how do I get my gamestop preorder bonus (the forest skin)

I also have a pro power up rewards card and should get more extras that way, will I get them in an email ?

Thanks

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Okay so I went to the Midnight release at gamestop and picked up my copy of Halo 4.

When/how do I get my gamestop preorder bonus (the forest skin)

I also have a pro power up rewards card and should get more extras that way, will I get them in an email ?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

You should have got them at the store on your receipt. My receipt is pretty long because each bonus has it's own code (7 total).

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']You should have got them at the store on your receipt. My receipt is pretty long because each bonus has it's own code (7 total).[/QUOTE]

only thing on my receipt is my PUR rewards account # and literally NOTHING else except for the usual stuff :cry:

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']only thing on my receipt is my PUR rewards account # and literally NOTHING else except for the usual stuff :cry:[/QUOTE]

Did you put down the $5 before picking it up? Should go back in the day time and complain if you did.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Did you put down the $5 before picking it up? Should go back in the day time and complain if you did.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I preordered it about a month ago, I think that maybe because I got them to talk me into getting the $3 insurance for the game tonight it might not have printed ? Definately going tomorrow and raising all sorts of HELL :hot:

Gamestop was having a problem with their DLC system so you'll need to go back there later to get your DLC (check the earlier posts in the last 1-1.5 hrs)

Damn I think BB screwed up my preorder codes. I only got the armor, and not the helmet code in my email. The cashier girl remarked how only one bonus item was on the receipt instead of two, but I didn't think much of it at the register (was in a hurry to get the game).

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']I know, of all the games its the biggest exclusive release of the year well there are only 5 people ahead of me so should be able to get it.

Question for anyone who pre-ordered the normal edition and upgraded to LE how did it work? Does it affect the $20 RZ?[/QUOTE]

well just my bad luck my store only had 2 LE for non pre-orders and they were hidden away in some display which most people walked past as we went in. Did get a free t-shirt, inflatable helmet, dog tags and pen. The Walmart next door was "closed" and would not let me in to see if they had any extra LE as people were inside buying Halo. Now Amazon better get my LE to my house later today. Guess I'm gonna have to play some WWE 13 tonight

[quote name='fiddycan']Just bought a Limited Edition at Walmart (Eagan, MN), and it looks like they still have a bunch more![/QUOTE]

Wasn't able to preorder the LE so I was on the hunt for it during midnight release. Thanks for the heads up about Walmart. As I drove by my local BB, I saw a line of people trying to get in after the store opened for its midnight release. The line wasn't moving. Since there was no guarantee I would get the LE at BB, I just went into a Super Walmart next door and was able to get it without any wait or hassle. There was nobody in line and the cashier showed me a box with about 10 LEs.

[quote name='dios']Not sure if this has been posted already, but I didn't see this tidbit listed in the OP.

Just came back from the Microsoft Store (Fashion valley) and asked if Halo 4 had any pre-order incentives.

They said you get a 25$ gift card PLUS a 1600 microsoft point card. So yeah. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

I just came back from that location and there was no mention of the points cards included with purchase.

Anyways, I'm glad I had to get a second copy of the game because I already pre-ordered one at Best Buy. Since I had MS gift cards to burn, I decided to go to the midnight launch. Got there just before they re-opened at 10 PM. There were long lines for pizza/popcorn or to pay off the rest of your pre-order so you could get out quickly when midnight hit. There was also a 4 on 4 tourney near the front of the store I was lucky enough to win a Halo CE Anniversary skateboard in a raffle. It was pretty crowded so I went outside to stand in line to pick up the game. I'm not sure what happened but the line in the store that I thought were people still paying their pre-orders off turned into a line to buy the game once midnight passed. I was not happy since I and others were in line for quite a while. Long story short, the local MS store is still not as organized as I'd like them to be, especially since this is the fifth one I've been to in the past year or so.

1zn68vc.jpg
1z6770w.jpg

[quote name='diishen']so what kind of freebies did every one get at their launch parties :D[/QUOTE]

well since I'm sitting here Halo 4 less (though I did contact Amazon and they guaranteed my LE copy would arrive today) here is a pic of what I got. T-shirt, helmet, dog tags and pen

I want that pen lol, it's all neat though! All I got was 2 removable tattoos and a dew double exp code >.< I did get all of my codes from GameStop though but I used them all as I'm trying to get as many of the armors as I can in this game!

Damn,

My best buy had so many left over pens, t-shirts, helmets etc but they were strict about one freebie item per person (not one of each).

They must have had 15+ left over of each type of freebie and I just wanted the t-shirt and dog tag but they made me choose

I'll have to go back and sweat talk one of the gaming reps today

I pre-ordered the console does anyone know if GameStop allows you to borrow the transfer cable for slim to slim? The guy I talked to told me the one for the fat Xbox to slim cable would work but this is false... I rather not pay additional $20

I'm hoping that GameStop fixes the DLC code issues. My store didn't have any swag, and I didn't get my codes. Piss poor way to treat customers that were standing in line in below freezing temperatures.

[quote name='Blumpkin']I'm hoping that GameStop fixes the DLC code issues. My store didn't have any swag, and I didn't get my codes. Piss poor way to treat customers that were standing in line in below freezing temperatures.[/QUOTE]

Who treated you poorly? Computers that glitched? I fail to see how this is a clerk's fault. People always forget that it's the CEOs and their cronies making big money from retail stores, not the clerks. Yet they expect clerks to kiss the feet of the almighty customer.

Kmart seems to have the best deal today with a $15 coupon back... If you need it today. If you can wait, just take $20 off the 12 months of Live from newegg.

Don't forget to press pause and vote today!

Anyone who has ever preordered a game from Amazon how do they deliver their preorder bonuses? I'm suppose to receive the Web armor skin and $10 in Video Credit. Game is out for delivery right now but haven't received a email or anything.

[quote name='Komentra']Anyone who has ever preordered a game from Amazon how do they deliver their preorder bonuses? I'm suppose to receive the Web armor skin and $10 in Video Credit. Game is out for delivery right now but haven't received a email or anything.[/QUOTE]

You will get an email with the armor code, I believe they just add the the credit to your account.

[quote name='Komentra']Anyone who has ever preordered a game from Amazon how do they deliver their preorder bonuses? I'm suppose to receive the Web armor skin and $10 in Video Credit. Game is out for delivery right now but haven't received a email or anything.[/QUOTE]

It's through e-mail.

I didn't order the game through Amazon but I did order the console and I received my Web Armor Skin shortly after the item was marked as "Shipped" but I have yet to receive the $10 video credit. Maybe they will send that separately after the tracking shows delivered.

Damn, some of the launch stuff from Best Buy seems rather cool. May have to head over to my local one later today and see if I can convince them to give me a few of the leftovers.

Finally got around to cracking Halo 4 open. I was pleasantly surprised to see a 14 day Gold trial in there. I was expecting a 48 hour code.

[quote name='Spinshag']Don't forget to press pause and vote today![/QUOTE]

Early/absentee voting ftw.

[quote name='SIX min WHISTLE']Anyone get their 37 cent Walmart code yet?[/QUOTE]

Go to Z-Reward and re-enter info today, they will email the code within 10 minutes.

Just picked up my Halo 4 pre-order from the Microsoft Store at Mall of America. The price was $59.99 not $54.99, but they did not have any gift cards, so they took $25 off the price. I see no mention of a code for armor. Maybe it will come in an email, but I don't really care since they also threw in a 1600 point card.

All told for $35 + tax I got the game plus a point card. I'll take that deal any day!

Just stopped by the gamestop I picked up my LE from last night and they were able to print me all the preorder codes no problem.

Any insight as far as BBs pre order codes? I have to pick up mine after work and just want to make sure they have it all sorted out.

[quote name='poopmastr7']this game is my first preorder from new egg.. how long do new games usually take to come? i ordered black ops 2 from them as well. [/QUOTE]

This was my first time trying NewEgg to pre-order too, I couldn't resist the $12 off though there isn't any bonuses. I live in TN so I have to pay tax but it's worth it because it's already in Knoxville from Memphis and out for delivery(by days end a.k.a. 8 pm tonight LOL).

I have BlopsII pre-ordered from Amazon with free saver shipping so I'm sure it will be that Friday or Saturday before I get it at the soonest but that's okay I'll have H4 to keep me busy! :)

bread's done
Back