Halo Reach, Fable III, $29 each; 12 Mo. XBL - $44.96 at Walmart - Starts Saturday

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I received an email from Walmart that stated the 12 month card would be $29. This price has not gone live.
All offers end 2/26, except the console deal, which ends 3/5. It's definitely going to be online, don't know about in-store.

:360: Xbox 360 Elite with bonus wireless Controller and Forza/Alan Wake $299
:360: Xbox Live 12 Month Gold Card $44.96
:360: Halo Reach $29
:360: Fable III $29

edit: until Cheapy hears back from Walmart concerning the 12 XBL cards, we have to go on the assumption that they sent him erroneous information and that they are 44.96

Last edited by a moderator:
I umm, wow. Those are actually really impressive prices. o_O
While I usually don't stockpile LIVE Gold time, I may very well be grabbing a 12 month card even though I just renewed. Was sure I'd never see it for $30 again.

May also grab Fable 3 while I'm at it.
Much thanks Cheapy!

Good job, Cheap. There's no way I'd pay more than $30 for Live (tax doesn't count), but the burning question remains....

Is it in store as well as online?

That 12 month card sounds really tempting, especially since I just bought Halo Reach a couple weeks ago.

$30 is my maximum price-point for Gold Live. Haven't had my 360 online 'cause I could never nail down a Gold acct for $30 or less. Thanks in advance Cheapy for giving me yet another chance!

Damn... I bought two of the Live Gold cards from the eBay Buy.com deal a few weeks back at $35 apiece and thought I got a great deal. And I'm considering buy another at $29...!

That is an incredible price for the 12 month live subscription. I just have to worry about getting to Walmart early enough before all the resellers get there.

I see you're up early in the morning :lol:

I would also like to know if it's in-store, online or both. Either way, I'll be submitting PMs to Amazon :D

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Does anyone think Reach will go lower this year?[/QUOTE]
I would be extremely surprised if it did. Weren't Halo 3 and ODST both $30 for quite some time?

Hell, they only really went down to $20 new after Reach's release, no?

I hope there's no limit. I plan on buying a few.

Did the 3 others have to ask if it was in store or not after it was already asked? I suppose so.

Something to keep in mind, peeps:
I don't know about the cheaper 1600 point cards, but during the online $30 controller deal, the b&m stores (at least mine) didn't have the lower price. I personally don't expect in-store to carry em for that low.

HOWEVER - Best Buy went ahead and price matched controllers off the Wal Mart website. Not sure if this requires the item to be in-stock on the site or not (in case it sells out quickly) but some food for thought nonetheless.

The 12 month cards are likely to sell out quickly, so people might want to check online around 12AM - 2AM CT and see if the prices go live at that time.

If it's like past deals they've done on 1600 points cards, it should be limit 3 per order, though it might be limit 1 per order. They're appearing to do Ship-To-Store on these, so it'll save you shipping charges on the order, though shipping on a single card was $1.97, which isn't terrible.

Dear Raptor Jesus please let your prodigal son Amazon match this. Failing that please let it be in store. I'm tempted to run to Wal-Mart at midnight to see if it is in-store as well.

I'm sure Amazon is going to price match both, which is good news for me since I have some credit :).

[quote name='LordVila']Dear Raptor Jesus please let your prodigal son Amazon match this. Failing that please let it be in store. I'm tempted to run to Wal-Mart at midnight to see if it is in-store as well.[/QUOTE]

I would wait a while...Before jumping in midnight...I use to work for walmart and it took a while for them to price adjust with the online (assuming this is going to instore). Just don't count on them to pricematch "their" online retail...It's a policy to not match online even if it's on "their own" website. But I could be wrong.

Good luck to those looking to get the sub card, that is the price most of us want it for. Everything else has the potential to drop in price if you don't catch it this time. I'll try to remeber to attempt in 4.5 hours.

The competition just increased with the inevitable SD post, I hope Sam's essence shines favorably upon me. ;)

does anyone know if these cards have an expiration date on them??, im planning on buying some for later on when I get a new xbox 360.

[quote name='daddy69']does anyone know if these cards have an expiration date on them??, im planning on buying some for later on when I get a new xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

Not sure on these cards specifically, but I just redeemed a 3 month XBL Gold card I had sitting around today that "expired" on 6/30/2009. YMMV obviously.

[quote name='daddy69']does anyone know if these cards have an expiration date on them??, im planning on buying some for later on when I get a new xbox 360.[/QUOTE] Cards do not expire & you can stack up to 3 years.

Im looking at the 12 month card I got from TigerDirect. It was one of the old cards in the plastic and I dont see an expiration date on it.

[quote name='Abeja']Im looking at the 12 month card I got from TigerDirect. It was one of the old cards in the plastic and I dont see an expiration date on it.[/QUOTE]

I held on to a similar card like that. 10 months+ passed before I got around to redeeming it. Saw no expiration date on it.

I just remembered I have $10.47 in Amazon credit. What are the odds of them PM'ing this? I haven't been on cag all that long so I don't know how often they match these 'sudden deals'.

[quote name='DieGo2SHAE']I just remembered I have $10.47 in Amazon credit. What are the odds of them PM'ing this? I haven't been on cag all that long so I don't know how often they match these 'sudden deals'.[/QUOTE]

amazon does often try to match amazon but this deal walmart is having may be too much of a loss for amazon. I hope they have it though!

I didn't plan on extending Gold. But, I am heading to Walmart on Monday. Wait, I get off of work at 11:15pm, so Sunday night I will be there. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='obeast']That 12 month card sounds really tempting, especially since I just bought Halo Reach a couple weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Obeast, make sure you pick up a copy of Halo: Reach for $29 too, so you can return it with your original receipt. That should save you at least another $10, unless you paid MSRP.

bread's done
Back