Halo Reach, Fable III, $29 each; 12 Mo. XBL - $44.96 at Walmart - Starts Saturday

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I received an email from Walmart that stated the 12 month card would be $29. This price has not gone live.
All offers end 2/26, except the console deal, which ends 3/5. It's definitely going to be online, don't know about in-store.

:360: Xbox 360 Elite with bonus wireless Controller and Forza/Alan Wake $299
:360: Xbox Live 12 Month Gold Card $44.96
:360: Halo Reach $29
:360: Fable III $29

edit: until Cheapy hears back from Walmart concerning the 12 XBL cards, we have to go on the assumption that they sent him erroneous information and that they are 44.96

Last edited by a moderator:
I might have to get 1 or 2 sub cards as well. I already have a card waiting to be added to my account but I can hold on to more. Wish they would do discounted points again. I missed both of the $15 sales by minutes last time. I've got about 6k points but those seem to go faster and faster now that I'm buying up arcade games like they are going out of style.

Great prices on Reach and Fable, though I am waiting for Fable to hit $20 or less (or a PH version with the DLC) down the road. Will try to snag two year cards

How does Walmart's cancellation policy work? I want to grab a card in case Amazon doesn't PM, but then if they do I'd like to cancel it and get the free shipping through Amazon.

I'm good on gold until 2013, but I may have to buy another year at that price. I realize it may be a tad early for this question, but does anybody know if it'll be in their ad? If it is, I figure I'll take it down to Target and see if I can get an additional 15% off.

[quote name='Yamato']Thought so too. I'm camping walmart.com :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Google Chrome's got a nice auto-refresh extension :)

Thanks for sharing this deal!!!
My Live gold expires next month and I was about to call them to stop auto renewal this week... that being said, after redeeming this card, they won't charge my cc until next year, right?

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']im thinking its gonna be pacific time[/QUOTE]

It better not be! I want to go to bed.

This will sell out early tomorrow for sure, and Amazon won't PM OOS. We've seen it before with $15 for 1600 points.

WalMart B&M doesn't honor online prices. Best Buy might PM like they did with the 1600 cards, but it's very YMMV.

Do you think best buy will let you price match and then use there 10% reward coupons they have this week?

So it would be $52ish for two?

[quote name='bsmiff']Google Chrome's got a nice auto-refresh extension :)[/QUOTE]

You're right, its less than a foot away from my face and I had forgotten all about it. Thanks!

[quote name='MXRider']Do you think best buy will let you price match and then use there 10% reward coupons they have this week?

So it would be $52ish for two?
[/QUOTE]

No, even with less slick price matches they shoot you down for trying to combine deals.

[quote name='dablemont']Thanks for sharing this deal!!!
My Live gold expires next month and I was about to call them to stop auto renewal this week... that being said, after redeeming this card, they won't charge my cc until next year, right?[/QUOTE]

You do know you can cancel auto-renewal from your dashboard or Xbox.com.... Much easier than calling and speaking with "Bob"

[quote name='$hady']You do know you can cancel auto-renewal from your dashboard or Xbox.com.... Much easier than calling and speaking with "Bob"[/QUOTE]

i thought u had to call them, everyone said it changed?

[quote name='$hady']You do know you can cancel auto-renewal from your dashboard or Xbox.com.... Much easier than calling and speaking with "Bob"[/QUOTE]

Actually, they change it:

With the latest update to the website the ability to turn off auto renewal for ALL countries has been removed. Previously if you lived in the United States, Canada, Germany, Taiwan, or Japan you could turn off the auto renew via this website. Now that has changed and no matter where you live in the world you must call support for your region to turn off auto renewal.

Looks like I'll be waiting for at least another hour :cry:

Meanwhile, can someone explain how Cheapy knows about these deals? I'm not saying it's fake or anything, I'm just wondering how he finds out about these.

Nope. Got removed from the website with the redesign and price change (also in conjunction with all the in-dashboard offers that turned on auto-renewal). ALso not on dashboard anymore (if it ever was)

[quote name='Hsith']Actually, they change it:

With the latest update to the website the ability to turn off auto renewal for ALL countries has been removed. Previously if you lived in the United States, Canada, Germany, Taiwan, or Japan you could turn off the auto renew via this website. Now that has changed and no matter where you live in the world you must call support for your region to turn off auto renewal. [/QUOTE]
Yep, that's what I always have heard about it. That's why I wanted to make sure they won't still charge me even if after I've redeemed a card code.

[quote name='dablemont']Yep, that's what I always have heard about it. That's why I wanted to make sure they won't still charge me even if after I've redeemed a card code.[/QUOTE]

I assume your scheduled renewal date will adjust accordingly, but you might as well call them up and turn off auto-renew. Better safe than sorry...

It's very sad that, they have the feature to turn it off and then they take it away. I guess that they're going to announce it like it's a big deal. They did the same with Paypal.

Hello Gamers,

I am checking online and nothing is being updated.
I'm still seeing Halo Reach at $39.96 and 12 month Xbox live at $59.96.
Also, is there a code I need to apply ???
if there is please share it !

Thank you

[quote name='zaazoo']Hello Gamers,

I am checking online and nothing is being updated.
I'm still seeing Halo Reach at $39.96 and 12 month Xbox live at $59.96.
Also, is there a code I need to apply ???
if there is please share it !

Thank you[/QUOTE]

It's not Saturday yet in all time zones. Give it time.

Any idea when this deal will go live ?
and is there any code we need to use at final check out to get the deal ?

Thanks

Man I wanna stay up to get this when it first hits, but that could be any time tomorrow. Think I'm gonna sleep and hope for the best.

[quote name='zaazoo']Any idea when this deal will go live ?
and is there any code we need to use at final check out to get the deal ?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

1. Sign in to your Walmart Gamers Account.
2. At checkout apply code 12LIVESALE or
3.print out the webpage and take it to your store. you have to present your walmart gamers club card though.

Staying up for just a little longer. I'll let it hit midnight on the West coast.

I'd take a Gold card at that price.

bread's done
Back