Halo: Reach

Yeah i have a bookmark straight to the forums, so i dont really check the front page. Then i just use User CP to see any updates in posts i regularly visit. Guess i should check the front page more often.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Yeah i have a bookmark straight to the forums, so i dont really check the front page. Then i just use User CP to see any updates in posts i regularly visit. Guess i should check the front page more often.[/QUOTE]

Say, just saw you were in Wisconsin. Do you mind me asking what part??

[quote name='The 7th Number']Yeah i have a bookmark straight to the forums, so i dont really check the front page. Then i just use User CP to see any updates in posts i regularly visit. Guess i should check the front page more often.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I did not know about the GS contest untill about 6 weeks after it started

[quote name='buffdrew84']Single player is so replayable due to great ai. Every fight plays out differently.[/QUOTE]

True. Each fight will play out differently, but you still always have the same objective. There's only so many times one can secure a drop-zone.

[quote name='buffdrew84']Lol i know. Sigh wish i still had my wireless adapter.for my xbox. Anyone has one for trade im in.[/QUOTE]

Why not just use an ethernet? They can be found pretty cheap!!

[quote name='Mr Dude65']If it's not your thing, it's not your thing. The formula has pretty much stayed the same, with ODST being the biggest variation. Why not try a rental and see if you like it?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='help1']Honestly, I am a huge Halo fan, but if you are not playing multiplayer, the single player is only worth a rental.

That isn't a knock against Halo, it's never been about singleplayer really. It really is typical of the FPS genre, in that usually the singleplayer portion of the game is only worth the rental.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, see that's what I always heard every time I asked you guys if I should buy Halo 3.

I love FPS though but don't ever play multiplayer. More boring than watching a wall to me. So that's not necessarily bad, but I always heard Halo's not worth it :whistle2:/

I guess the 1/3rd off on launch day combined with the hype combined with it being the last Bungie one combined with me liking science fiction stuff usually just has me kind of interested.

Well, I know I'll buy Reach in a heartbeat before I buy Project Shitbox or Movement :lol:

I know this has probably been answered before, but have they said what color case the game comes in for the Legendary edition? I hated that the Halo 3 Legendary had a black case.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I know this has probably been answered before, but have they said what color case the game comes in for the Legendary edition? I hated that the Halo 3 Legendary had a black case.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? I love black cases they look so good in my opinion :)

[quote name='PhantomBlob']Oh really? I love black cases they look so good in my opinion :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I have OCD and having a black case in a long line of green cases gives me problems. It sucks, but I've grown to accept it.

[quote name='Corvin']100ft cord at Home Depot runs about $20, IIRC.[/QUOTE]

And they run you about $15 shipped if you go through monoprice.com.

Now if you wanted a less messy solution and isn't wireless, then you could go Power over Ethernet. However you'd need to buy at least two PoE adaptors and those cost like $50 a pop.

Last edited by a moderator:
i cant run a cord i was just kidding, i have a 3 bedroom house and im not able to run a cord across the whole house. lol. i need to suck it up and buy the wireless adapter but ebay sucks and its expensive, also i need a live gold account. too rich for my blood

[quote name='Wolfpup']I've got Ethernet run to my kitchen, bed room, and from the living room :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

Nice, almost every room in my house has ethernet. It is WAY faster and more reliable than wireless.

[quote name='Fjordson']One more week![/QUOTE]
There's a tiny part of me, deep inside, that truly wishes I had gone for the Legendary instead of the Standard....but I really don't need more special edition junk laying around, and where would I even put it?

*sigh*

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']I was wondering how I was going to carry all my shit that night. Good thing it has a handle.[/QUOTE]
Im bringing my brother to be the mule. Im buying him a copy he can carry all the stuff. You know there is going to be tons of launch crap to buy :)

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']There's a tiny part of me, deep inside, that truly wishes I had gone for the Legendary instead of the Standard....but I really don't need more special edition junk laying around, and where would I even put it?

*sigh*[/QUOTE]

I agree and the only worthy difference I say is some bonus armor in the limited edition but hey, I can manage without it. I'll save $20 (via the difference comparing the le to the standard version) and still come out ahead with the deals that are going on for the game.

[quote name='Rhippo']Im bringing my brother to be the mule. Im buying him a copy he can carry all the stuff. You know there is going to be tons of launch crap to buy :)[/QUOTE]

Console and guide go in the bag. Legendary in the other hand. Not a problem for me.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Console and guide go in the bag. Legendary in the other hand. Not a problem for me.[/QUOTE]

I have a console, guide, and two copies of legendary to pick up... Its that second legendary edition that kills me. I dont have a third arm.

[quote name='life.exe']He said he is getting his brother a copy too.[/QUOTE]

Ya I missed his birthday this summer and owe him a gift. Asked him what he wanted and he said halo. Said he was fine with the regualr one but he is addicted to the game and has never had his own collectors edition of anything so I figure it would be a fun suprise for him to have two big crates handed over the counter when we go for launch.

[quote name='Rhippo']Ya I missed his birthday this summer and owe him a gift. Asked him what he wanted and he said halo. Said he was fine with the regualr one but he is addicted to the game and has never had his own collectors edition of anything so I figure it would be a fun suprise for him to have two big crates handed over the counter when we go for launch.[/QUOTE]

That's really cool of you! :applause::applause::applause::applause:

I went crazy for HALO 3, going to a midnight launch and buying the legendary edition. I also bout a Halo 3 controller to keep in box for whatever reason lol. This time im just going to amazon a regular copy...maybe take a few days off and shut the blinds for a marathon session. My gaming consist of an hour on the weekends this past year

[quote name='Rye Catcher']I went crazy for HALO 3, going to a midnight launch and buying the legendary edition. I also bout a Halo 3 controller to keep in box for whatever reason lol. This time im just going to amazon a regular copy...maybe take a few days off and shut the blinds for a marathon session. My gaming consist of an hour on the weekends this past year[/QUOTE]

i asked my boss today if i could have off the 15th, 16th, and 17th.... he said yes :D. so when i get home from work i should have a copy of halo waiting at my door... or i shall act like cartman waiting for the nintendo wii :cool: c'mooooon

i took off work tues the 14th. awesome!! im going to the midnight launch at gamestop, their supposed to be giving out free stuff. should be fun. i remember i camped until midnight in college for halo 2's release, had to be at class the next morning at 8am. lol wow i miss college

I got ahead enough in my classes so that I can have all of next week off for Reach! I'm planning on doing an all night session after I get done with the midnight release.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I got ahead enough in my classes so that I can have all of next week off for Reach! I'm planning on doing an all night session after I get done with the midnight release.[/QUOTE]

where are you picking it up? gs or somewhere else?

A bud and I have a copy pre-ordered, but I'm not sure if I want to go to the midnight launch the store is having. Is it worth it?

Not really feeling standing in a long line to get a copy.

depends on the gamestop. it may be slow at yours. for halo 2 the line was down the block but that was different. this game shouldnt garner as much attention as that did. plus they are supposed to be giving away free stuff so it should be cool

[quote name='buffdrew84']depends on the gamestop. it may be slow at yours. for halo 2 the line was down the block but that was different. this game shouldnt garner as much attention as that did. plus they are supposed to be giving away free stuff so it should be cool[/QUOTE]

Free stuff at GS?

I know my GS will be packed, plus its fucking small.

the girl told me that theyd be giving out free stuff, who knows what? probably nothing to get too excited about but better than nothing. my gs is not very large either but where i live, i doubt there will be too many people there.

btw, does anyone know if i can get by on xbox live without a hard drive? i only have a 256 memory card. i dont care about downloading stuff i just want to know if i can play online without the hard drive?

[quote name='buffdrew84']the girl told me that theyd be giving out free stuff, who knows what? probably nothing to get too excited about but better than nothing. my gs is not very large either but where i live, i doubt there will be too many people there.

btw, does anyone know if i can get by on xbox live without a hard drive? i only have a 256 memory card. i dont care about downloading stuff i just want to know if i can play online without the hard drive?[/QUOTE]

Your fine. As long as you have your profile on the memory unit.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Your fine. As long as you have your profile on the memory unit.[/QUOTE]

where else could i save that? lol

good looking out

The giveaway stuff will likely be YMMV.

I remember at the old EB Games near me, after the Halo 2 launch, the manager gave me a bunch of free shit they had leftover for the launch of the game.

I can't wait for all the custom maps we are going to see. So awesome.

----------------------
Looks like someone already started making Beaver Creek

i am going to the midnight launch just to make money off the fanboys. 2 cases of cold bottled water , Pepsi and snack chips on sale at slight mark up for those waiting in line outside the store. To put the icing on the cake I am going to do what I did when Halo 3 came out , I have 2 modded Xbox360's and 2 37' HDTV's that will fit in my van connected to a DC to AC converter and boooom Halo: Reach lan matches in the parking lot waiting to buy the game. Last time did this I made enough to cover expenses for food and drink plus picked up my copy same night with the money I had made off drink sales. Wanted to add beer this year but last thing anyone need are a bunch of drunk Halo fans in one spot at one time

bread's done
Back