Heroes Volume 4: Fugitives

[quote name='mykevermin']What didn't you like about it?[/QUOTE]

The best way to describe it is I feel that nothing really "ended"...there would have been major props given had they actually shown the hotel throwdown.

I liked this episode. A lot better compared to the previous two episodes. I too wish they actually showed the fight scene.

Also...I wonder what happened with Hiro...

was an alright episode, kind of disappointed that they didn't show the fight. Also its obvious that Angela's plan is going to backfire huge next season.

[quote name='Will']http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/03/nbc-to-renew-heroes.html [/quote]

And I'm surprised. The ratings are terrible no matter how NBC tries to put a demographic spin on it. The storylines this season have been just as bad. I've said before if Heroes were on any other network it would be canceled. NBC, due to it's abysmal overall numbers, almost has no choice but to renew it. It still has name recognition while none of the pilots they've seen do. The decision to do 18 eps was financial, not creative. The show has most likely become prohibitively expensive and I'd be willing to bet that there will be cast cuts (or at least less eps for certain characters). They might be able to finally get a decent storyline but at this point I have no faith they can actually pull it off.

They could shoot Parkman in the head and I wouldn't bat an eye.

Hell, they could shoot the actor who plays Parkman in the head and my reaction would be largely the same.

And Peter, too.

It was a good finale. They tied every thing up so no cliff hanger. I don't know why they teased the Sub-zero now aqua lady. And the clock thing, big deal.

Y'all are just a buncha sour malcontents. The whole Mama Petrelli thing is pretty fuckin' twisted. She "gets her son back," in her head. That's pretty creepy.

The whole Fall season is going to center around the tension as Pseudo-Nathan begins to discover his more Sylar-like qualities. If they pull the trigger on a full-blown Sylar return too soon, they will ruin it all. If they time it just right, it would be excellent.

This "volume" hasn't been great, but it was certainly better than the first half of the third season, which really shit the bed. It had some problems for certain. More than anything else, however, I think the show really needs two things:

1) A new villain. Danko hasn't panned out entirely as a suitable replacement for Sylar. Sylar, meanwhile, is getting to be a bit stale, IMO. The world needs more mad villains, FFS.

2) They can (should?) start to rotate the stories more. Too much stability here, I'd say. With so many people with abilities, why focus on the same half-dozen people, especially when the ratings show people aren't tuning in? Bringing back Blondie McToothy shows how anemic the writing has become. They're scared to change or bring in new people, but that's what's tuning people out of the show.

You can set your fucking watch to:
Sylar being a dick
Peter whining like a woman
Parkman squinting and feeling angsty and conflicted
Nathan whispering solemnly
Suresh sucking
Hiro making the "aren't Japanese people goofy?" funnies
Clare being a dipshit
HRG being too dumb to smell 9 out of 10 swerves

I enjoy the show on the whole, but it really feels like the writing is paint-by-numbers at this point.

Alright, here's my 2 cents on this finale:

Good to see that Noah saw through the facade of the construction workers, instead of Angela seeing it in her vision. That shows Noah's true value.

And Claire, poor Claire, she sees feet in the room and thinks nothing of it. Instead of acting like nothing is wrong, which she should have, when the phone rings, she gets paranoid and Sylar gets the upperhand. I'm sure that her and Noah have code words that don't jump out to the uninformed ears, to tell him she's in trouble. Then bam, track her and save the day. Or die trying.

Peter stealing powers, great. Whats next, he touchs someone else and is unable to hold onto Sylar's power? Probably with these writers.

Hiro, I wonder if this will make him become Ando's side kick. About time he played that role for atleast a whole season. Could lead to him using his power wisely or once every so often.

And I was really hoping the returning hero would be someone like Claude, hell even Linderman (yes, he's dead I know), but seriously Ice Princess, don't remember her name. Or is this the 3rd sister? ikik They already said something about her previously.

Overall, I liked it the best of the 3 finales thus far, but it needed work.

The whole Sylar/Nathan thing is going to back fire. There is no doubt about that. Especially with Sylar's abilities lying "dormant" in Nathan, because apparently Peter didn't take the touch X get info about X. So eventually someone is going to wear what they did when the event took place, my money is on Parkman, and it will trigger Sylar. Who then will lead people to believe that he has no clue, until its too late.

the episode was pretty good for a season that had ran out of gas. i guess budget restrains kept them from showing the fight although the tiny bit we saw was badass, peter and nathan got blasted to hell. Why didn't they just inject Nathan with Claires blood?!?!? Nathan's face got reconfigured with Adam's blood and Noah was brought back from the dead with Claire's blood. What is it, a one time use thing??

[quote name='mykevermin']They could shoot Parkman in the head and I wouldn't bat an eye.

Hell, they could shoot the actor who plays Parkman in the head and my reaction would be largely the same.

And Peter, too.[/quote]

I'm partial to Hiro stepping in front of a bus. Or teleporting himself into a wall.

I'm pretty sure Hiro has a mini-aneurysm every time he uses his power too much. That's usually what the stuff he's experiencing means that I know of. And I've seen that before with characters with time control powers, if they use it too much it fucks with their brain (there was a character in an x-men novel named Rewind who could rewind time but only up to a minute back or he would die.)

Alright time to rant.

I was so happy Ali Larter was dead, but she was on Fallon a few nights ago and said her chracter can do more, and implied it had something to do with water. Low and Behold, she's now a water queen. Or else it's her third sister that was hinted about like in season 1.

Sylar was getting to be really cool, and now we know he's gonna bust out of his nathan character and come back.. but itll take too long and Ill stop caring. Plus, couldnt he have used his lying power detector thingy to see that that wasn't actually the president???

I seriously have wanted Angela's character to die off, her character does nothing and rarely does she ever use her power. kill her off already.

Hiro is just bordeline me changing the channel everytime he's on, same goes for Mohinder. The characters have lived past their prime, Mohinder has continually proven he's not a good guy at all yet people still befriend him, and Hiro is just damn annoying. I'm all for Ando getting a power which he finally did, but its stupid and underused. The writers need to distance him from Hiro, or make Ando a bad guy.

Im so betting that season 5 is gonna revolve around Sylar getting his memory back somehow, and the new Water Queen will be the villian. However, the writers keep going back on their story way too much and forgetting minor things that couldn't happen. Ive lost a lot of interest in the show because of the fact that the writers are inconsistent with keeping up with their powers.

Why did Sylar get the ability in season 2 to create a fake environment? He's never used it, he just uses his levitation/push power almost the entire time, he kills Nathan but doesnt take his power? What gives? I mean it was obvious he could fly already, but his hunger for power was CLEARLY SHOWN throughout the last few episodes but then he doesn't get Nathan's? Yeah, ok.

Just a few issues..

There were a few of you who actually enjoyed tonight's finale? *Really*? You don't care that they completely dropped the hero-hunting-task-force and Rebel storylines that had been going for this entire chapter? Or that HRG was totally willing to call a truce with Danko, no-questions-asked? Or that the entire Sylar/Peter/Nathan fight happened behind closed doors? Or that Angela actually let Sylar live in a "Oh, woe is me, I can't lose my son!" moment, despite Sylar being the one that killed him? Or that the dumb bitch didn't seem to mind when, a mere six weeks later, her "son" had suddenly developed an affinity for clocks? Really? REALLY?!

This was seriously *way* worse than even I expected it to be. fucking hell. Just... wow.

I liked it. He'll it's almost more fun to watch it when make the characters make stupid choices, cause then chacters have to "fix" their mistakes later. If they did everything the way I would, then the would be predictable and boring. I'll still watch next season too.

Not a bad episode. The closed door fight scene was a disappointment (did they blow the the budget too soon?), and at first the "Nathan's dead, but Sylar is the new Nathan!" thing felt like a major cop-out way to kill the character but keep him on the show. However, the more I think about how f-ed up that is, and seeing that it'll come back to bite them, the idea has grown on me.

The down side of the episode, like someone said, is it didn't feel like a finale. It didn't have the epic feel I expect from a finale to get me excited for the next season. Then again, it did wrap the chapter up pretty well, so I'm not complaining.

That felt like a budget cut move. I will wager on Sylar absorbing some new character with Multiple Man powers next season when this Nathan magic trick wears off. Probably on the tail end of Volume 5, in a whacky everything is back to normal episode... or is it? :shock:

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']There were a few of you who actually enjoyed tonight's finale? *Really*? You don't care that they completely dropped the hero-hunting-task-force and Rebel storylines that had been going for this entire chapter? Or that HRG was totally willing to call a truce with Danko, no-questions-asked? Or that the entire Sylar/Peter/Nathan fight happened behind closed doors? Or that Angela actually let Sylar live in a "Oh, woe is me, I can't lose my son!" moment, despite Sylar being the one that killed him? Or that the dumb bitch didn't seem to mind when, a mere six weeks later, her "son" had suddenly developed an affinity for clocks? Really? REALLY?!

This was seriously *way* worse than even I expected it to be. fucking hell. Just... wow.[/quote]

You're at least wrong about your last point. Angela was clearly shaken by the whole clock thing.

The biggest thing I was confused about is what Danko could have possibly gained by betraying Noah?

[quote name='ChibiJosh']You're at least wrong about your last point. Angela was clearly shaken by the whole clock thing.[/QUOTE]

She may have looked slightly nervous, but at that point I'd be like "Oh shit, I'd better do something!" and not "Whatever, let's go have a nice lunch." Didn't she think something like this might happen? Why wasn't anybody keeping tabs on him? Also, why didn't anybody think of saving Nathan by giving him Claire's blood, like they've done in the past? That seems a lot less dangerous than keeping Sylar alive. Gawd... so bad. So very, very bad.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']She may have looked slightly nervous, but at that point I'd be like "Oh shit, I'd better do something!" and not "Whatever, let's go have a nice lunch." Didn't she think something like this might happen? Why wasn't anybody keeping tabs on him? Also, why didn't anybody think of saving Nathan by giving him Claire's blood, like they've done in the past? That seems a lot less dangerous than keeping Sylar alive. Gawd... so bad. So very, very bad.[/QUOTE]

they are gonna pull some crap out of their asses and are gonna say they put Nathan's body in a fridge and then injected it with Claire's blood.... some crap like that. I don't think this will be the last we see of the real Nathan. Maybe Sylar's actor wanted a vacation and this was a way for him to go swimming.

They need to go find the Haitian. Wipe Sylar/Nathan's memories completely, and have Matt do his thing again.

All that whole part makes me think of formatting my computer and installing OSes, or, the whole story line would almost be like Dollhouse...

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Alright time to rant.

I was so happy Ali Larter was dead, but she was on Fallon a few nights ago and said her chracter can do more, and implied it had something to do with water. Low and Behold, she's now a water queen. Or else it's her third sister that was hinted about like in season 1.

Sylar was getting to be really cool, and now we know he's gonna bust out of his nathan character and come back.. but itll take too long and Ill stop caring. Plus, couldnt he have used his lying power detector thingy to see that that wasn't actually the president???

I seriously have wanted Angela's character to die off, her character does nothing and rarely does she ever use her power. kill her off already.

Hiro is just bordeline me changing the channel everytime he's on, same goes for Mohinder. The characters have lived past their prime, Mohinder has continually proven he's not a good guy at all yet people still befriend him, and Hiro is just damn annoying. I'm all for Ando getting a power which he finally did, but its stupid and underused. The writers need to distance him from Hiro, or make Ando a bad guy.

Im so betting that season 5 is gonna revolve around Sylar getting his memory back somehow, and the new Water Queen will be the villian. However, the writers keep going back on their story way too much and forgetting minor things that couldn't happen. Ive lost a lot of interest in the show because of the fact that the writers are inconsistent with keeping up with their powers.

Why did Sylar get the ability in season 2 to create a fake environment? He's never used it, he just uses his levitation/push power almost the entire time, he kills Nathan but doesnt take his power? What gives? I mean it was obvious he could fly already, but his hunger for power was CLEARLY SHOWN throughout the last few episodes but then he doesn't get Nathan's? Yeah, ok.

Just a few issues..[/QUOTE]

Correct me if Im wrong but after the fight came back to the room, wasnt Sylar flying or "floating" at that point?

aaah.. why didn't they use claire's blood to revive nathan? or peter's blood for that matter? he has all of sylar's abilities.

[quote name='Z_meista']aaah.. why didn't they use claire's blood to revive nathan? or peter's blood for that matter? he has all of sylar's abilities.[/quote]

Technically he only has the power he wants to take from him. Peter stopped being the good version of Sylar what 2 seasons ago? Aka he no longer takes everyone else's power. He can only take one ability at a time

I'll throw this in there too. The whole not using Claire's blood bothered me but sometimes they have to do what they have to do. I guess it will go the way of Peter's girlfriend.

[quote name='slickkill77']I'll throw this in there too. The whole not using Claire's blood bothered me but sometimes they have to do what they have to do. I guess it will go the way of Peter's girlfriend.[/quote]
Was that the one that he left in the future?

[quote name='Will']Correct me if Im wrong but after the fight came back to the room, wasnt Sylar flying or "floating" at that point?[/quote]

Yeah, but he didnt acquire Nathan's power... Nathan didn't have any mark on him what so ever at that point.

Wasn't he using Ell's ability (lightning) to float?

Disappointing.

I've defended this show for the past two seasons, but that was just so anti-climatic. After all this talk and talk and talk, you get the Petrelli's vs. Sylar. And they show NONE of the fight. And Pete? Maybe snag Claire's power before running in there next time? The one death was telegraphed and I didn't even feel any emotional reaction. Sylar's character is old. And just so stupidly overpowered, they just make up new ways on the fly each week to have him be unstoppable. It's boring.

I'm not even looking forward to next season. That makes me sad, and that's the only emotional response I've felt for this show in awhile. Makes me pine to watch Season 1 again and forget that the show ever went on after that.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Yeah, but he didnt acquire Nathan's power... Nathan didn't have any mark on him what so ever at that point.

Wasn't he using Ell's ability (lightning) to float?[/QUOTE]

Didnt Bob Bishop teach Sylar how to steal abilities without killing?

[quote name='Will']Didnt Bob Bishop teach Sylar how to steal abilities without killing?[/quote]

Arthur did, and EVERY POWER HES GAINED AS BEEN BY KILLING!

Plus, didnt he touch his father? So wouldnt he have gained all the powers that his dad had??

Ya'll are awful willing to overlook the glaring inconsistency regarding the use of Claire's blood as a regenerative agent. It's rather unforgivable to forget something you used as a fairly pivotal plot device not two years ago.

EDIT: Ya know what, screw it. They should just abandon all these characters and make a spinoff focusing entirely on President Worf.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else wonder what happened to the Haitian this volume? As for Claire's Blood, I'm pretty sure they admitted it was a mistake to bring it up (after season 2), but they still could've at least come up with some way to explain why it was gone, as opposed to making everyone look like an idiot for not using it.

I also gotta wonder...they said they didn't want the president or whomever to know Sylar killed Patrelli...it seemed like a very select few knew there was a doppelganger running around....why not just have Parkman wipe those thoughts from their brain, convince them Sylar was a crazy or something, and that he broke in and slit Patrelli's throat? Seems like it'd have a lot less potential to blow up in their faces.

Or what they could have done is had Hiro go back in time before Sylar got the power to heal himself and kill him. Well kill him when time was frozen that way Sylar could not fight back. Have him cut his head off when he had the sword.

[quote name='neocisco']Heroes desperately needs a competent continuity editor because the writers probably can't even spell "continuity".[/quote]

This is exactly the show's problem. For a story-arc based series there HAS to be continuity yet you can pick apart holes in every single episode.

They just don't pay attention to the details - I don't think Sylar stole the puppet master guy's powers so why was Claire walking around the room when Sylar was forcing her to? He has the power of telekinesis which should look quite different.

There are also tons of characters who they just dropped out of nowhere. The finale was laughable. They didn't even show the only potential cool scene in the hotel room. Why would Sylar ever use his lightning power when he has the power to snap his fingers and disintigrate something? Why does Sylar want to be President all of a sudden? It makes no sense. I hate that I watch this show and will probably continue to watch it only because the concept is cool.

Heroes seems like it is perfect to get remade in 20 years ala Battlestar Galactica - hopefully they will get it right then.

[quote name='javeryh']This is exactly the show's problem. For a story-arc based series there HAS to be continuity yet you can pick apart holes in every single episode.

They just don't pay attention to the details - I don't think Sylar stole the puppet master guy's powers so why was Claire walking around the room when Sylar was forcing her to? He has the power of telekinesis which should look quite different.

There are also tons of characters who they just dropped out of nowhere. The finale was laughable. They didn't even show the only potential cool scene in the hotel room. Why would Sylar ever use his lightning power when he has the power to snap his fingers and disintigrate something? Why does Sylar want to be President all of a sudden? It makes no sense. I hate that I watch this show and will probably continue to watch it only because the concept is cool.

Heroes seems like it is perfect to get remade in 20 years ala Battlestar Galactica - hopefully they will get it right then.[/quote]

Actually I think Sylar did take the puppet masters ability in season 3. Remember when they released all the prisoners to fight Sylar? I'm pretty sure Sylar did his head thing on him.

I'm guessing the whole president thing had to do with Sylar becoming himself again and his lust for power.

As for the fight scene, I really wish they had shown it. One of my favorite parts of season one was the battles that Peter and Sylar used to have. Like the one where Sylar goes to Suresh I believe and Peter comes to save him. When he gets there Sylar goes invisible and they start beating the shit out of each other. Honestly I think having Peter lose all his powers really took away from the show.

[quote name='slickkill77']Actually I think Sylar did take the puppet masters ability in season 3. Remember when they released all the prisoners to fight Sylar? I'm pretty sure Sylar did his head thing on him.

I'm guessing the whole president thing had to do with Sylar becoming himself again and his lust for power.

As for the fight scene, I really wish they had shown it. One of my favorite parts of season one was the battles that Peter and Sylar used to have. Like the one where Sylar goes to Suresh I believe and Peter comes to save him. When he gets there Sylar goes invisible and they start beating the shit out of each other. Honestly I think having Peter lose all his powers really took away from the show.[/quote]

-Puppet Master was in season 4, last we saw him, he was captured and brought to Danko in his house. Looked somewhat alive.

-Sylar's mom kept saying he could be "someone" (a lawyer, mayor, etc...). To me, he was just looking for acceptance from his mom, since he did kill her.

-Great scene in general

[quote name='ananag112']Also, why was Sylar hitting on Claire? She is supposed to be 17-18 in the show right?[/quote]
The guy is a murderer, you think he cares about hitting jailbait?

[quote name='sendme']Or what they could have done is had Hiro go back in time before Sylar got the power to heal himself and kill him. Well kill him when time was frozen that way Sylar could not fight back. Have him cut his head off when he had the sword.[/quote]

[quote name='JolietJake']There never should have been a time traveler, it creates to many "why didn't he/she just.." type questions.[/quote]

I don't think Hiro can time travel anymore. I think he could only do that because he could stop time and teleport. Now that he can't teleport, I don't think he can time travel either.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']-Puppet Master was in season 4, last we saw him, he was captured and brought to Danko in his house. Looked somewhat alive.

-Sylar's mom kept saying he could be "someone" (a lawyer, mayor, etc...). To me, he was just looking for acceptance from his mom, since he did kill her.

-Great scene in general[/quote]

I know he was, but what I meant was I think he took his power in season 3 but he didn't actually end up killing Puppet Master. He also when to Claire to help. We know the puppet master was in this season....I'm sorry. I meant Volume 3. I forgot Vol 3 & 4 were both in season 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much the previous comments people have made echo my thoughts as well.
-The finale was a letdown.
-Not showing the fight was a BIG MISTAKE!
-Ali Larter will never leave this show.
-The Sylar/Nathan deal is going to blow up in their faces.

I'll probably still watch the show just because I want to see how it ends.

Well, I guess they had to use the final sister at one point.

Oh and I think I was wrong about Sylar taking The Puppet masters ability.

"
Meanwhile, Noah releases Eric Doyle, Danny Pine, and Echo DeMille from Level 5. Noah tells them that he’ll let the person who kills Sylar walk free, and Sylar will kill them if they try to escape. As they leave, Meredith warns they don’t stand a chance, and Noah explains that they’ll work as bait.
Meredith makes her way through the hallways and finds Danny Pine’s severed, partially metallic arm. Sylar appears behind Meredith and telekinetically throws away Meredith’s gun. Eric Doyle appears and takes control of Sylar before Sylar overpowers him, leaving him lying on the ground bleeding from his nose. He then injects Meredith with adrenaline."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_(Heroes)

But I'm sure just like the flying that he has taken it at some point

[quote name='Salamando3000']Did anyone else wonder what happened to the Haitian this volume? As for Claire's Blood, I'm pretty sure they admitted it was a mistake to bring it up (after season 2), but they still could've at least come up with some way to explain why it was gone, as opposed to making everyone look like an idiot for not using it.

I also gotta wonder...they said they didn't want the president or whomever to know Sylar killed Patrelli...it seemed like a very select few knew there was a doppelganger running around....why not just have Parkman wipe those thoughts from their brain, convince them Sylar was a crazy or something, and that he broke in and slit Patrelli's throat? Seems like it'd have a lot less potential to blow up in their faces.[/QUOTE]

I've been harping on the Haitian thing all Volume. Second to last episode of Volume 3, Peter sends him chasing after Sylar into Pinehurst. Next episode comes and Sylar is tormenting Claire and HRG while Peter goes to confront Nathan. The Haitian just disappeared. Hell, Lyle appeared in more episodes this volume. My theory is he saw where this was all going and used his memory trick on himself to forget.

The whole healing blood thing was becoming a writers crutch. Used well on HRG and Nathan for twists, but they did write themselves into another corner. Use it all the time and death has no meaning, ignore it and look stupid. If I remember correctly, they needed to have a Nathan around in order to use his political clout to call off the hunt for people with powers and re-establish the company.

I wish they'd go back. Just reboot the series to the ending of Season 1 and work with a 50% new cast.

[quote name='slickkill77']Well, I guess they had to use the final sister at one point.[/quote]

just really soaked everything in. I think there was an interview with Ali Larter somewhere and she mentioned that she was Tracy at the end of the season and not the third sister. I provide proof of this later

anyway after really thinking about the show and letting it soak in, I feel like I got cheated on this. Again I feel like the show has no direction or ultimate path it is leading to. Though I feel like like they are basically just fixing the previous mistakes with the show. I like the show overall and I will purchase s2 and 3 when they go on sale. All I can say is though there has to be a greater evil or something major hidden deeply behind the scenes that needs to come out soon, because I feel like we are stuck in a Dragonball Z loop or something.

bread's done
Back