Heroes Volume 4: Fugitives

[quote name='JolietJake']So are they going to show Ando shocking hiro again or has that event been erased now?[/quote]

That was 30 seconds before the city blew up , right? I'm guessing probably not.

Let's introduce a new inconsequential character, make her a crazy hermit, then write her off with a "I'm never going to see her again." Let's make an important plot point out of the massacre of a whole camp full of people because one guy protected said crazy hermit girl in the past! Let's see how terrible we can make Nathan Petrelli's haircut!

What was the point of this episode?! Words cannot describe the terribleness of what I just watched! My only hope is that NBC ends this abomination after this season, because nothing else can save the show from itself.

[quote name='DustBoogie']I think the nod to Angela stealing socks in the very first episode of season one was interesting - I didn't see that coming.[/quote]

Yeah, I caught that one too. Obviously, they completely pulled it of their asses though. I can appreciate the effort they made to make it seem like it was "part of the story all along", but stealing socks as a means of comforting one's self? REALLY? At least whoever thought to tie that one together was on top of their game that day though. Turning a moment of comic relief from season one into an important character detail is a nifty trick, haha. :)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, I caught that one too. Obviously, they completely pulled it of their asses though. I can appreciate the effort they made to make it seem like it was "part of the story all along", but stealing socks as a means of comforting one's self? REALLY? At least whoever thought to tie that one together was on top of their game that day though. Turning a moment of comic relief from season one into an important character detail is a nifty trick, haha. :)[/quote]

Angela always seemed on top of things and in control throughout the entirety of the past few seasons, up until she started having to run from Danko this season. I think it adds a bit of character depth to show that even though she acted like she was in control through all of the events of the past few seasons, she may not have been 100% confident behind whatever facade she put on.

I wonder what was Charles Devau's (sp?) power. In this episode, it looks like he had the power to persuade people like Eve from season 1. In season 1 it looked his power had something to do with dreams, but I dunno

[quote name='ChibiJosh']It seems like he has the same as Parkman.[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Goes right along with persuasion. He can get inside your head when he needs to, like he did with the cook at the diner, and like he's done with Peter and his dreams.

After watching the episode............. that was weird even by Heroes standards. Crazy hermit lady living in a shack for 50 years just because her sister told her to? WTH?! I like that the company and sock stealing were given a solid backstory but christ it about jumped the shark when Angela's sister showed up. Can't call it a filler episode because it actually explains quite a bit but crazy hermit tanked the episode.

[quote name='JolietJake']So are they going to show Ando shocking hiro again or has that event been erased now?[/QUOTE]

Id assume its no longer an issue except for the fact that both Hiro and Ando remember that it was to happen.

Even then we have to question if what theyve done avoided it, or was the cause of that even comming to be.

Then you think is that really Ando? Not saying its Sylar but now that we have shape shifters in the game, its a tough call.

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE fan of Heroes but this makes the 2nd ep in a row where I said "meh"...so bad I started playing Hexic on my zune.

I liked this weeks ep. I don't know why. Maybe because Clint Howard was in it. Damn that man is creepy.

Another meh episode.

Also, what happened to that Luke (the kid who was following Sylar around)? They just used him to find Sylar's father and now they forgot about him?

[quote name='ananag112']Another meh episode.

Also, what happened to that Luke (the kid who was following Sylar around)? They just used him to find Sylar's father and now they forgot about him?[/QUOTE]

He's with Kaitlyn..

Yet another week where the episode was so awful and hackneyed that I don't even know where to begin. One more episode until cancellation! I hope.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Yet another week where the episode was so awful and hackneyed that I don't even know where to begin. One more episode until cancellation! I hope.[/QUOTE]

I dont get it...you hate the show so much you hope it gets cancelled but you keep watching?

Thats like fat people that eat a shitload of fast food and no exercise and then sue because their fat.

[quote name='Will']I dont get it...you hate the show so much you hope it gets cancelled but you keep watching?

Thats like fat people that eat a shitload of fast food and no exercise and then sue because their fat.[/quote]

Thank you. That's what I have been waiting to say for weeks. People always find a reason to bitch about something in this show. Why can't you just sit down and enjoy it sometimes? Why do you have to go over everything that sucked in an episode? They can't have a badass fight scene every week. Sure it would help the show but sometimes you have to have episodes like this to move the show along. Otherwise it would just be a three hour movie.

Anyway, I think Sylar is getting way to powerful and i curious how they are going to stop it. Obviously it has something to do with Peter. I wonder if he will somehow get Sylars powers or get his old powers back.

Also I was confused about Hiro. I thought his powers only worked because Matt Parkman's baby made them work when. But know he can use them on his own.....I guess that will be answered in the finale too

Granted I dont have all the answers to give but with Hiro being my favorite...He was pretty pointless this go around.

I didnt care for the Peter with one power at a time vs collective powers Peter. Granted that would get questionable with him having toooooooooo many powers but then to a certain extent, at least Sylar had an "equal".

[quote name='Will']I dont get it...you hate the show so much you hope it gets cancelled but you keep watching?

Thats like fat people that eat a shitload of fast food and no exercise and then sue because their fat.[/QUOTE]

Your analogy sucks (and so does your grammar).

It's more like I'm watching a train wreck in slow motion, and I can't help but look and gasp in horror. The absolutely terrible writing gives me plenty of laughs. You watch it for your reasons, and I watch it for mine, though I certainly won't miss it once it gets canceled.

finally got caught up on this show and I must say I love the show but it feels so lost in itself now. Almost like X-men without the marvel universe to fall back on(don't know if that makes sense to you guys but to me it does)

but anyway if sylar is the ultimate evil of the show peter needs to get his powers back. though I am kinda tired of the whole petrelli clan in general.

few notes
-I wonder when angela's sister will make an appearance back in the show?
-Did Claire's real mom die back at the primatech fire?
-I wonder when the third sister will make an apperance and what her power will be? also did tracy die when she froze that part of the garage?
-micah getting tracked down when he can talk to computers is silly to me(why doesn't he just control the internet like skynet did in terminator 3?)

a good show like a good comic provides lots of debate and this show does that. I just wish there was a clear direction or something. and to all the haters boo there is nothing else on television right now to watch anyway. (besides the European following will make this show continue even though the ratings are dropping in the states.

If NBC's overall ratings were good this show would definitely be canceled. The ironic thing is that even though Heroes' ratings suck, NBC's overall numbers are just as bad, which might play into bringing the show back for one last season. They certainly haven't earned it with the storylines this season.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Your analogy sucks (and so does your grammar).

It's more like I'm watching a train wreck in slow motion, and I can't help but look and gasp in horror. The absolutely terrible writing gives me plenty of laughs. You watch it for your reasons, and I watch it for mine, though I certainly won't miss it once it gets canceled.[/QUOTE]

So how about not thread crapping and let those that watch for the enjoyment? Or does my questioning you make it more likely youll be back with even more negative Heroes talk?

[quote name='Will']Or does my questioning you make it more likely youll be back with even more negative Heroes talk?[/QUOTE]

More likely? Nah. Equally as likely as before? Probably. But hey, if the finale is actually good, I'll post about how much I liked it instead! That's fair, right?

So was the scene near the end, with Sylar and Danko, supposed to get people thinking Sylar can't die? Or just show how precise one has to be to get the job done?

IMHO, I think it was just the precision of the throw. It wasn't thrown (or stabbed) hard enough to hit his brain. And I think thats why he got back up.

Also, I think Peter may get his powers "back" when he meets up with Sylar. If they truly stick to this one power only Peter, being around Sylar and getting his power should jolt him back to normal, since Sylar's real power is his ability to understand how things work. Then Peter would understand how he "works" :rofl:

But seriously, something big should happen if everyone is abducted. Though I think the scene with HRG, Claire, and Angela is merely a dream and not the real thing, as it appeared she was dosing off around the time of that scene.

And Parkman to the rescue anyone?

The one thing I don't get is this whole season hasn't led up to anything. The first season had a clear plot and everything led up to the fight with Sylar. This season has been a complete mess and I have no clue what happens in the finale nor do I really care.

I agree with you ananag its kinda like they are just stagnant and not really sure which way to go with the show. I dunno though I just hope something great happens this coming monday

They had a good thing going for 3 weeks or so until the Angela's sister episode, which had potential, but was ruined by the fact that her sister was alive.

This week was good, I suppose. I enjoyed it.

im actually glad that the season finale is next week, albeit a little surprised since i didnt realize it was ending so soon. but with the downward turn the show has taken i think a break can be a good thing. leave us on a cliffhanger next week and let the show take a rest and try and get a solid story going for season 4.

NBC is ending the seasons for Heroes and Chuck before May sweeps. That says a lot about their chances for renewal. There should be more surprise if Heroes does get renewed than if it doesn't.

*sigh*
Would have really liked Sylar to Kill Nathan. Really.. Although ever since Cold Snap the episodes are alot better than any of that garbage in Season 2 imo.

[quote name='craven_fiend']So was the scene near the end, with Sylar and Danko, supposed to get people thinking Sylar can't die? Or just show how precise one has to be to get the job done?

IMHO, I think it was just the precision of the throw. It wasn't thrown (or stabbed) hard enough to hit his brain. And I think thats why he got back up.

Also, I think Peter may get his powers "back" when he meets up with Sylar. If they truly stick to this one power only Peter, being around Sylar and getting his power should jolt him back to normal, since Sylar's real power is his ability to understand how things work. Then Peter would understand how he "works" :rofl:

But seriously, something big should happen if everyone is abducted. Though I think the scene with HRG, Claire, and Angela is merely a dream and not the real thing, as it appeared she was dosing off around the time of that scene.

And Parkman to the rescue anyone?[/quote]

I think Peter's current power is the same as his Dad's power -- the effect seemed pretty similar. With that in mind, I think Peter can steal powers permanently, if he tried to; If that is the case, Peter could take away all of Sylar's powers.

Looks like they're planning a fourth season, but with fewer episodes.

From SuperHeroHype.com:

Advertising Age reports that while NBC is moving forward on a fourth season of "Heroes," you can expect fewer episodes.

NBC is expected to trim the number of episodes of its sci-fi drama it airs next season, according to people familiar with the situation, and also run those episodes closer together to avoid interruptions to the story line week by week. The network is considering running 18 to 20 episodes of the series in the [2009-2010] season, those people said, down from 25 this season.

Yeah, if they split the season into two volumes again, with Volume 5:
Redemption
, with 8-10 episodes from September - November, and then Volume 6, with 8-10 episodes from Feberuary - April, it should be good. But if they decide to do just one big Volume 5:
Redemption
with 18-20 episodes, there's bound to be more filler than good episodes, and people will lose even more interest in the show.

[quote name='neocisco']NBC is ending the seasons for Heroes and Chuck before May sweeps. That says a lot about their chances for renewal. There should be more surprise if Heroes does get renewed than if it doesn't.[/QUOTE]

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/03/nbc-to-renew-heroes.html

Quote:
NBC plans to bring back “Heroes” for another season, said entertainment president Angela Bromstad.

The action-drama’s ratings decline has caused some media reports to speculate as to whether the show will return next fall. As part of Hollywood Reporter’s annual Q&As with the five broadcast network chiefs, Bromstad was asked if “Heroes” could be considered “on the bubble” for a renewal.

“No,” she said, and added that the network plans to order 18-20 episodes of the show for next season.

That's fewer hours than "Heroes" first (23) or current third season (25), with season two having been cut short due to the writers strike.

For all its headline-making audience erosion, “Heroes” is still tied with NBC's “The Office” as the network’s top-rated series among

bread's done
Back