Heroes Volume 4: Fugitives

[quote name='Over easy']Yeah, I noticed, but the camera stopped blinking after awhile. I'm not sure what that is suppose to be.[/quote]

Rebel turned the camera off so the Hunter couldnt use the footage of Nathan actually flying against him. That was the main reason why they had the camera flashing so brightly, is that you'd notice when it turned off.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I was wondering why Nathan didn't just step out of the way as the Hunter rushed him, and pushed him out. Or just flew back in, and pushed the Hunter out. Oh well.[/quote]

Nathan should have taken the hunter with him, fly up really high and threaten to drop him if he doesn't stop (maybe drop him a few times, but catch him before he hits the ground)

Has anybody ever returned to their job after pushing somebody out of a window?

I can understand the Hunter is ruthless, but his only solution was to push Nathan out of a window? What if Nathan's power was invisibility or telepathy?

"I thought he had powers" is a pretty flimsy defense for murder 1.

The wife mentioned something about the Hunter having powers due to Angela's comment. Would that actually help the show or be another flimsy plot device?

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Nathan's better got a damn good lie if he's going to appear again. Unless he's going to rock that Saddam beard.[/quote]

Why? Only HRG and the Hunter saw him.

HRG already knew Nathan had powers.

Hunter is just a disgruntled mook who will say anything to maintain his position.

Even if Nathan was revealed, so what?

He can fly fast. Aside from the little fart clouds he generates when he changes directions in the air, what else can he do that a US Senator couldn't do?

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Nathan's better got a damn good lie if he's going to appear again. Unless he's going to rock that Saddam beard.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily -- the security camera got shut off, so the only ones saw Nathan fly are Noah (who already knew), and the disgruntled former employee, Denko.

I dont see why he didnt just float to the edge and hang on to something long enough for someone to help him vs blowing his cover...Im sure theres anal explanations out there, just saying it was one option not to blow his cover.

Like i said, Noah could have just pushed the hunter out the window and chalked it up to him attacking Nathan. If anyone asked, the hunter rushed at Nathan, Nathan stepped aside, the hunter went out the window.

If Nathan is still in charge why was Claire pursued at the end of the episode? Also, does anyone else think Danko has some sort of power? Just the way A.P. says "I don't know how you survived?" makes me think he has some sort of power.

I think the Hunter had it pretty much figured out that Nathan could fly. He kept wondering how he got everywhere so fast..... And I do think the Hunter either has powers or lost someone close to him that died because of a person with powers.

.....I finally remembered to watch the beginning of the episode for the first time in many weeks.

I agree that he probably lost someone to someone else with powers, maybe his entire family. Otherwise i can't think of why he hates them so much. I can't imagine any other motivation.

I'm sure they will expand on/explain the whole village dieing thing because they obviously wanted to make that something very personal to him.

the last 3 episdoes have been so bad. ive defended heroes a lot, but they really have to pick things up. hiro and ando are a joke. parkman and claire are the two worst actors on primetime tv. nathan and peter are so 1 dimensional. sylar is the only interesting character on the show because hes the only one not on a side. HRG is ok at times. but boy oh boy things are bad.

I have to agree. Heroes is one of the worst cast shows that I've seen that has been successful. Hiro gets on my nerves with his squeaky little voice. His character keeps reverting back to a 12 year old mentality, such as when he practically threw a hissy fit a few weeks ago when he thought Ando took his opportunity to save the day. At this point the show certainly doesn't desreve another season but it will probably get one more.

Just caught up on the last 3 episodes on Netflix. I'm still enjoying the show. Yeah some of the characters are annoying, but they have been for all 3 seasons thus far.

Still not as good as season 1, but this season is much better than season 2 IMO. But as I've said before, I never took the show seriously, it's just a campy tv equivalent of a B movie so maybe I'm not as critical as others.

I'd say that's key to getting enjoyment from the show. Part of my problem with it stems back to the first season when people would compare it to Lost, quality-wise. No comparison at all.

Yeah, even in season 1 I didn't think it was anywhere near the same league as Lost.

Ironically though, I was catching up on these Heroes episodes and forgot it was Wednesday and missed Lost and will have to watch it online tomorrow. :whistle2:(

I think that was a pretty good episode. But why kill off two characters like that? Seemed a little aritrary.

At least they finally showed that ando can use his power offensively, so i guess he could have been shocking hiro in the future.

The frozen Tracy head cried/moved. Maybe she melts and reforms herself or something comic-like.

I like how the writers gave Hiro only time stopping (thanks Flashman!) and no more teleporting. No teleporting hopefully means he can't travel through time and no more whacky time related story lines.

I really want to get back into this, stopped watching about three eps ago. Sadly I don't care what happen since it got so silly. I really want to like the show but I just don't care.

[quote name='CouRageouS']The frozen Tracy head cried/moved. Maybe she melts and reforms herself or something comic-like. [/quote]

Yep. Just like Iceman. Is Daphne dead? Sure. Is Tracy dead? When is the last time a half of a head blinked and smiled?

Mica is Rebel? Meh. He can do a lot to the government types, but the show won't exploit it. I would suggest knocking down their surveillance network and cell phones all of the time. That and a few highly racist emails with photoshopped pictures to the president could go a long way towards shutting down the agency.

Episode had a couple decent moments, but tons of stupid ones. Like when Parkman has the swat guy say, "all clear!" Wouldn't the other guys all be like WTF!?!? Or did he take over all their minds at once?

I'm starting to think once the show is over, I'll enjoy watching season 1 again and forget that anything happened after that.

MjC

[quote name='ananag112']I found it funny how these so called "Heroes" left everyone in the lab. They could have removed the tubes from everyone and then left.[/quote]
Seconded, at the very least, yank the tubes and run.

Heroes did an all-time series low of 6.48M last night. Weren't they promoting this episode as "this is the one that will amp things up" or something like that? Considering that marketing and the results this show has one foot hanging over a cliff and the other on a banana peel.

Why was there a repeat last week? A few of my co-workers didn't think last nights episode was new because of the gap. Maybe that attributed to the low numbers.

[quote name='FluxDF']Why was there a repeat last week? A few of my co-workers didn't think last nights episode was new because of the gap. Maybe that attributed to the low numbers.[/QUOTE]

I believe that was to accommodate the creative team switch. Jeph Loeb is out, and Bryan Fuller is back.

I think last nights episode showed promise. There's a different feel to it already.

Ando and Hiro were painted into this corner with Parkman's baby. But the Star Trek references and other bits did make me laugh. The writing style was different, more like actual conversation. I'm tired of the Hiro/Ando comedy hour, but at least it wasn't a complete waste like everything else they did all season. Hiro gets some of his powers back (the ones that avoid the clusterfuck of a million possible futures) and Ando does show offensive power.

Completely expected Nathan to rescue his mother from the elevator, Peter shows up and the show actually surprises me. Same with the deaths. The fact that Tracy's eye moved does leave the door open that she could reform herself like Iceman. Daphne going was a shock. But you know what? That's good. The show should have a feeling of no one being "safe". I liked characters in Season 1 like Ted and Isaac, but they died. It keeps a little bit of suspense. Which is hard to do since we have principal cast members now and only very second tier characters died in the last season and a half.

Now if they can fill some of these story holes and end strongly, they could recapture some viewers. Things like how Sylar survived the end of the "Villains" storyline.

I can't tell if this was a really good episode, or just an average episode since the last few were such a bore. If you think about it, some reasons why this episode was good was because, one, no Claire, two, no crappy Sylar backstory, and three, no Nathan.

I'm pretty sure every suspected Rebel to be Micah, no surprise there. Daphne dieing, I kinda figured it out once Parkman said he could fly. I'm glad they ended that whole crummy love story.

I guess it was a good episode? I know I sound pessimistic, but who's to blame? =p

While it wasn't on the level of Company Man, it was a better episode than pretty much everything they've done this season. Definitely got the feel they were hitting the reset button- it'll be interesting to see how this whole thing wraps up, as we've only got a few episodes left.

I have to agree with most of the sentiments, last episode was an improvement. The biggest improvement was the lack of Claire. I know that a bunch of people think she's fun to look at, but she kills every scene she's in. Seriously, it's really bad, it's high-school-theatre-bad.

So it was pretty logical that Micah was rebel. I don't understand though how Nathan and co couldn't see this seeing as Nathan showed the President his profile at the end of Villains.
Okay so Daphne is dead, good. I truly believe the writers need to kill off Nathan. Always out for himself and can't seem to pick a side.
IF Tracy is dead, I'm sure Ali will be back to play the third sister.
Maybe Parkman's baby can restore Peter's power (hopefully). Also surprised the Haitian or Molly haven't been brought into this and have been used by the "company" yet.

Overall though, I believe its the best episode thus far into Fugitive.
For the first time, I can't wait until the next episode.

[quote name='Quillion']The biggest improvement was the lack of Claire. I know that a bunch of people think she's fun to look at, but she kills every scene she's in. Seriously, it's really bad, it's high-school-theatre-bad.[/QUOTE]

QFT. Her over-acting has been pet-peeve number 1 ever since the beginning of the third season.

How did Tracy know who Micah was? She didn't even know she was one of a set of triplets until she met that doctor in the beginning of the season.

[quote name='emdub']How did Tracy know who Micah was? She didn't even know she was one of a set of triplets until she met that doctor in the beginning of the season.[/QUOTE]

She met Micah at the wake for Nikki , which understandably was a little awkward

Finally caught up with this week's episode and I thought it was ok. I guess the points I found interesting were:

- Micah = rebel (Everyone pretty much called that one)
- Daphne finally dying. Mixed feelings, but perhaps now that Matt is sure that she is dead his story will progress.
- Tracy dying. Sacrificing herself to protect Micah was a good change of pace. Part of me wanted to see her sell Micah out, but its better for the story this way.
- No appearances by Claire or Nathan. :bouncy:
- Hiro getting part of his powers back. I was glad when they de-powered Hiro & Peter, but Hiro just got really annoying without powers. Stopping time is good enough. I wonder how many times he had to stop to take a break while pushing that wheelbarrow.
- Seriously didn't expect Peter to be Angela's saviour. I guess he figured 'momma knows best'

Perhaps the inetivatable conflict between the heroes and Sylar means we will finally see the Haitian in action again.

[quote name='JolietJake']I knew Micah was rebel, he was the only one who could have done all of the things that Rebel had been doing.[/quote]

Yea agreed hope with the "change over" the story will start picking up more. This last episode is showing signs things will get better. Doubt it will ever be like the first season though. :(

[quote name='JolietJake']Where the hell is Molly anyway? Parkman was so attached to her for a while, now he never even mentions her.[/quote]

This is another thing that bugs me she was an interesting character then after the second season she just disappeared. The government might be using her to track down the other heroes(a few times it seems they were found rather easily). I'm also wondering where the Hatian is since he was vital to capturing heroes(look at season 1 him and Noah were quite a team!).

I hope Ali Lauder's character's are done I'm so tired of them. Nikki was the best one the others just :roll:.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back