Heroes Volume 4: Fugitives

[quote name='ananag112']I thought the episode was sort of dumb. Why did they have to drug HRG? Parkman could force HRG to do whatever he wants him to do including revealing all the information he wants him to. Plus, how did Parkman not find out that HRG is double crossing Nathan with help from Angela Petrelli?

I still think Nathan's motive for capturing these people is pretty lame as well. They could have come up with a more interesting reason to capture them all.[/QUOTE]

Wasnt it mentioned that his "mind" was trained to put up a serious defensive fight against mind readers?

Not saying he would totally cock block the attempt but he was better prepared for it.

It's obvious what is going to happen. Once the hunter dude figures out that Nathan has powers, he'll turn on him and then Nathan will be at the mercy of Peter and the others for help.

The "Hunter" has powers too right?
I was expecting Peter to touch the Hunter and get some sort of power, imo would have been a better "twist" then HRG is double crossing Nathan and The Hunter.

I don't remember though, did Peter push the Hunter back with his hand or with his gun?

[quote name='Darkchaos91']The "Hunter" has powers too right?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it's that he has powers, but the way he's so hellbent on taking out anybody that does have them, I'm hoping to see some really good motivation behind his hatred.

[quote name='JolietJake']It's obvious what is going to happen. Once the hunter dude figures out that Nathan has powers, he'll turn on him and then Nathan will be at the mercy of Peter and the others for help.[/quote]
This.

I'm losing patience a little with this season. It started really well, and I'll still give the benefit of the doubt. We'll see.

[quote name='JolietJake']Wouldn't it be sick if the hunter dude turned out to be Syler's father?[/QUOTE]

He isn't

This is Sylar's Father

3254002680_f544d9a58b.jpg

Still wondering why the writers would even come up with a hero that can breathe underwater. Don't they know Aquaman is the most useless Superhero ever?

Seriously though.. What use can he be....

You've never wanted to be able to breath under water? Granted, it's pretty lame by comparison, but it would still be kind of cool.

Maybe the Hunter's power is to be a midget.

This show was going from god-awful to meh but Monday night's episode was one of the worst ones ever. I want to stop watching but for some reason I have to see it through. Thank god for the unintentional comedy.

Also, how can Peter fly and carry Parkman? Wouldn't he just absorb Parkman's powers and fall out of the sky? Also, since when is the flying ability at the speed of light - one minute Peter is in Costa Verde, CA and the next minute he's in Washington, DC?? I hate you so much Heroes.

[quote name='JolietJake']Wouldn't it be sick if the hunter dude turned out to be Syler's father?[/quote]

I got the impression that Sylar's dad was the crow outside the car window in that episode. Maybe it was because the kid was talking about bird hunting with the guy and they way they cut to the crow. I dunno, just something that ran through my head. Haha.

[quote name='Darkchaos91']Still wondering why the writers would even come up with a hero that can breathe underwater. Don't they know Aquaman is the most useless Superhero ever?

Seriously though.. What use can he be....[/quote]

This guy wishes he could breathe underwater.

khalid_shaikh_mohammed_after_capture.jpg

I'm hoping they do what the did in the online comics...character was introduced as being able to breath underwater, but that was because she could really breath in any environment (or at least purify it to draw oxygen). Since she worked for the company, her method of bagging bad guys involved walking into a room, pulling out some knock-out gas, and just dragging the guy off unconcious, since the gas didn't affect her.

This episode did very little for me in any sort of way. The only things that were interesting were HRG double crossing people (to be expected), knowing that the "Hunter" has no reason to live (assumption, but I think he vendetta is because his family was killed by someone (Sylar) with powers), and that Peter is able to control multiple abilities now, or atleast it appears that way.

I think the flying with Parkman thing was similar to Nathan flying off with Peter at the end of season one. Nathan didn't have super strength, but was able to lift up Peter as he took flight. But I really hope this is just them showing us that Peter can mantain multiple powers at a time.

[quote name='javeryh']Also, how can Peter fly and carry Parkman? Wouldn't he just absorb Parkman's powers and fall out of the sky?[/quote]

I was wondering about that too. In the first episode when he accidentally touched Tracy he absorbed her power and could not control it, but then he mentioned in a later episode he could only hold on to one power at a time. Maybe if he knows the power that the other person has he doesn't have to absorb it?

Mohinder trying to distract the task force was kinda lame in my opinion. When he was trying to avoid capture he at least took the liberty to use a car door as a shield against projectiles. This time he just foolishly tried to run away without cover.

I think it would have been much more interesting if Peter just shot the Hunter right between the eyes. Right now it feels like Nathan is trying to push towards the removal of powers using part of the plot from X-Men III.

They should really put Sylar into every episode since his story seems to be the only watchable one. The Haitian would be interesting as well. I enjoyed his little arc last season although it could have done without cocky powerless Peter.

[quote name='javeryh']Maybe the Hunter's power is to be a midget..[/QUOTE]

Hehe, my brother pointed this out too. He thought it was funny that Bennett and Nathan were taller than him when he's the supposed evil villian. Sylar has played the best villian, but Heroes plays him in weird roles which is retarded.

Am I the only one who found Parkman to be annoying? His "anger" against Mohinder was stupid. GRR YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS, HE TOLD YOU IN A TAXI, ME ANGRY NOW. And his love relationship with Daphne is sooo unconvincing. And him being able to see the future just needs to stop. I'm a good guy, I wouldn't do this. Blahblajglhajkhlahkjl

Yet, every Monday I still watch Heroes knowing I won't enjoy it.

[quote name='shinryuu']His "anger" against Mohinder was stupid. GRR YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS, HE TOLD YOU IN A TAXI, ME ANGRY NOW. [/quote]

Wasn't Mohinder captured at the end of the taxi ride?

Parkman: You knew about this?

Mohinder: Yes, ten minutes before they tazed me and put me on a plane.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Wasn't Mohinder captured at the end of the taxi ride?

Parkman: You knew about this?

Mohinder: Yes, ten minutes before they tazed me and put me on a plane.[/QUOTE]

No, Mohinder was captured in some other way. After dropping off Peter, he was told to go to that parking structure by some dude. He tried to Hulk smash his way out, and then Bennett came, told him to get in his car, etc., ... do you remember that scene now? =p

Peter did shirt on skin contact and he got Parkman's powers. Maybe he just needs to think about taking their powers.

And once again for the fourth straight week I missed at least 16 minutes of the show.

To much Claire in this episode. Underwater make out scene. Thats the best they can do with his powers....wow

So either Peter can keep his powers or Nathan just blew his cover.

I'm really confused, how can Peter keep his flying powers and tote people around but not take their powers?

It appears as though I am talking with myself. Good way to end this episode with some upskirt Claire action

Last edited by a moderator:
The next episode looks even dumber.

Also, what happened to Hiro and Ando? We haven't seen them in a while.

And the whole Sylar plot is getting boring IMO.

[quote name='slickkill77']
To much Claire in this episode. Underwater make out scene. Thats the best they can do with his powers....wow[/quote]

Hopefully, like wes, we won't see aquaman again.

[quote name='slickkill77'] So either Peter can keep his powers or Nathan just blew his cover.

I'm really confused, how can Peter keep his flying powers and tote people around but not take their powers? [/quote]

Nathan came and saved Peter, he didn't keep his ability.

The guy at the end, the manipulator (forgot his name), I thought he died to Sylar at the end of Villians?

Edit : I would really like Nathan to stay a bad guy. The Hunter will realize Nathan is one of them and now Nathan will be hunted and will join the "good heroes". All the Characters need to pick sides and stay with those sides..

Last edited by a moderator:
Rewatching that scene , the guy wasn't dead. He clearly drops to the floor breathing hard from the strain of trying to hold Sylar. After that you never see what happens to him.

[quote name='coolsteel']Rewatching that scene , the guy wasn't dead. He clearly drops to the floor breathing hard from the strain of trying to hold Sylar. After that you never see what happens to him.[/QUOTE]

Didn't the building explode as well?

Either way, I could care less whether he died or not.

No I was only asking about Peter keeping his powers like when he flies Parkman around. I was just making edits during the show and I made that edit during the scene where Nathan saved Peter. I didn't feel like re editing it after it showed that Nathan saved him.

[quote name='coolsteel']Yes but the doors opened before it did, wasn't much stopping him from just walking out[/quote]

Which means Meredith, the lamest character of all, could come back! Hurray?

Hmmm, am I the only one who thought this was a better episode?

Claire is a chore to watch in my opinion. But at least in this episode we didn't get "super-dramatic Claire" like before. She went from very likable and in over her head in season 1 to the point of almost over-exerting herself on screen every time with the dramatic deliveries of ALL her lines. What I liked with her this week was how she dropped the "I lied to protect you" line to her mother. Nice touch. More like her dad (HRG) than she'd like to admit right there. If they could switch her focus from saving the world to saving her family (in the prevent divorce, family splits way) I think it would be a welcome step back from the high drama everyone else is involved in.

The action was better this week. The Hunter shot Peter, no more near misses. And then Nathan had to risk exposing himself for the second time in order to save him. Nathan is toeing a precarious line with his little mission. And while he's not a "kill em all' bad guy, he still holds the opposition point to the heroes on principles. I hope he stays on this dangerous edge, it makes him a good watch for now.

Sticking with the Hunter, I thought having him load Parkman up with explosives and drop him in public was a good way to save that vision. I hated seeing another explosion in painting the other week; I thought it had been done to death. I only wish they hadn't shown Nathan standing there with Parkman in the preview. They left the episode initially with me thinking Parkman was a goner. The Hunter is becoming a very unlikable character in a good way.

Sylar - meh. Hopefully something good will come from this. You have to do something with the character. Either you have to keep him as a serial killer ala Season 1 or advance him. The only problem with the former was that he was too good and wracking up new powers right and left. He becomes too powerful. So now he's beyond that poorly done "almost good guy" from Volume 3 and after his dad. Right now it's not doing much for me.

I'm hoping that Bryan Fuller comes in and hits two things out of the ballpark. One would be REBEL. I'm hoping for some cool surprise here. Obvious choice would be the little used Wireless, now in her fully cyber-consciousness state. Perhaps Micah, but this seems beyond his power and knowledge. I'm hoping for neither. The other thing would be the secret coalition of HRG and Angela Petrelli. Let's not wait to have them expose all their doings at the very end and drive even more loop-holes into the plot. I'm hoping we will see them gain steam and become a third side in this struggle.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Which means Meredith, the lamest character of all, could come back! Hurray?[/QUOTE]

Errr no because she was the cause of it, if anyone would have died and had to have bits of body matter scraped off the cement it would be her. But I am concerned that NOBODY flat out said oh yeah she is dead, her character was useless from the start and annoying the hell out of me with that palm flame pose in every scene.

It hasn't been announced yet but Heroes will probably (and surprisingly) get renewed for one more season. The primary reason given is it's overseas sales. It definitely isn't for it's domestic ratings, that's for sure, since they're in the toilet. It will probably be an 18-20 episode season. If they're smart they'll divide it into 2 volumes again.

[quote name='neocisco']It hasn't been announced yet but Heroes will probably (and surprisingly) get renewed for one more season. The primary reason given is it's overseas sales. It definitely isn't for it's domestic ratings, that's for sure, since they're in the toilet. It will probably be an 18-20 episode season. If they're smart they'll divide it into 2 volumes again.[/quote]
I actually dont htink its that surprising, but only because NBC as a whole has gone down in the ratings. Heroes is still pretty big when compared to the rest of NBC's shows, and a while back I predicted that it would be renewed with a probable budget cut, which it is. Now if Heroes was on CBS, then it would be gone for sure.

[quote name='neocisco']It hasn't been announced yet but Heroes will probably (and surprisingly) get renewed for one more season. The primary reason given is it's overseas sales. It definitely isn't for it's domestic ratings, that's for sure, since they're in the toilet. It will probably be an 18-20 episode season. If they're smart they'll divide it into 2 volumes again.[/QUOTE]

I don't know that I'd go as far as to say they're in the toilet domestically -- from SuperHeroHype: "Heroes" is still tied with NBC's "The Office" as the network's top-rated series among adults 18-49 this season." It might not be riding high like it once was, but it can't be too bad if it's tied with The Office.

Good point, Disneyboy. NBC is in such bad shape for scripted shows that even Heroes isn't worth dropping (yet). If Heroes were on any other major network it would be done.

2/16 7.7 mil
2/23 6.9 mil
3/2 7.0 mil

PR, demographic numbers do matter but only so much. If a show's overall numbers are low enough in relation to it's budget then demographics will only count for so much. For a show as expensive as Heroes, those are terrible numbers. Like I said, the renewal is due almost exclusively to overseas sales. If it was based on domestic ratings it would certainly be canned. Tim Kring knows how lucky he is to get one more season so maybe he'll make the most of it. He'll need to get rid of some of the terrible writers still working for him. Don't be surprised if NBC only orders the first volume and waits to see how the first few eps do before ordering the second volume.

[quote name='evanft']If they're smart, they'll write they're endgame. Or just re-air season 1.[/quote]
I think it would be cool if they made things worse and worse for the heroes throughout each arc, until in the final season, the world is in such terrible chaos that the post-NYC-bomb future from season 1 looks like heaven compared to the world that they have created playing god with time travel and visions of the future. The final scene should be Peter or Hiro travelling back to the subway car from the first season and stopping future Hiro from warning Peter to save the cheerleader, effectively erasing from existance everything that has happenned since episode 5 or so, and leaving the world to play out the way it was meant to, even if that means NYC exploding. I think that would be a cool way to end the show, by almost entirely erasing it from existance.

[quote name='Disneyboy']I think that would be a cool way to end the show, by almost entirely erasing it from existance.[/quote]

Many people feel this way.;)

[quote name='neocisco']Many people feel this way.;)[/quote]
Lol, well I mean it in a little different way. I still enjoy the show, I just think it would be a cool twist ending. Plus it would work well with the fact that time travel is overused and tends to scew things up (both on the character's and the writer's parts.)

Man i saw the confrontation between Nathan and the hunter coming. Noah should have rushed the hunter and knocked him out the window.

I thought this episode was awesome. And John Glover put on an amazing performance as Sylar's dad, I hope he returns for another episode.

I was wondering why Nathan didn't just step out of the way as the Hunter rushed him, and pushed him out. Or just flew back in, and pushed the Hunter out. Oh well.

Anyone else notice how blatantly the security cam was blinking during the Hunter vs Nathan scene? What're the odds Rebel pulls that tape to use for Nathan's defense?

[quote name='Salamando3000']Anyone else notice how blatantly the security cam was blinking during the Hunter vs Nathan scene? What're the odds Rebel pulls that tape to use for Nathan's defense?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed, but the camera stopped blinking after awhile. I'm not sure what that is suppose to be.

bread's done
Back