Heroes Volume 4: Fugitives

In response to Peter having to touch people, it looked like he started flying right after he injected himself at the end of last season. The writers can change it to whatever fits at the time of course. It doesn't really matter to me as it's still fun to watch.

[quote name='DustBoogie']As soon as I saw Peter grab someone and take their power, this was all I could think about:

6a00d83452033569e200e54hh3.png
[/quote]

lol me too but is this a new power? I though peter just had to be near someone or did he just try to be all flashy by touching people? lol what if he touched claire's boobs to get healing power? Anywho if his powers were always touched based then this is the first time they animated it I swore he just randomly got powers. Whats up with peters lip when he talks? lol 1st episode was ok didn't have me on the edge of my seat but still fun to watch:cool:

[quote name='Mrcapcom']lol me too but is this a new power? I though peter just had to be near someone or did he just try to be all flashy by touching people? lol what if he touched claire's boobs to get healing power? Anywho if his powers were always touched based then this is the first time they animated it I swore he just randomly got powers. Whats up with peters lip when he talks? lol 1st episode was ok didn't have me on the edge of my seat but still fun to watch:cool:[/quote]

Well they are dating in real life....

I watched all three seasons through Netflix recently and my wife and I are very addicted to the show. I enjoyed the first episode of season four (which is on Netflix streaming under season three if you missed it) but had some questions about previous characters:

What happened to the Irish chick left in the future by Peter? What happened to the Muscle Mimic? Claire's flying boyfriend? Molly (?) the girl that can find people? Micah? How about the invisible guy from the first season? How about Nathan's wife?

Since I haven't watched the shows from the beginning and haven't taken part in the online community I didn't know if these were explained or are characters just written out of the show without explanation on a regular basis?

[quote name='m3talst0rm']What happened to the Irish chick left in the future by Peter? What happened to the Muscle Mimic? Claire's flying boyfriend? Molly (?) the girl that can find people? Micah? How about the invisible guy from the first season? How about Nathan's wife?[/quote]

Most of your questions can be answered by the Heroes Wiki http://heroeswiki.com/Main_Page, but I'll answer what I can.

Nathan's Wife - Driven away by the drinking Nathan did because of Peter's death

Irish Chick - Lost in time. Probably forgotten about, honestly. Time travels complicated, so there's no real way to know if she ceased to be, or just ended up in a place that is no longer accessible.

Invisible Man - Chilling in England. In the Graphic Novels, Elle tracked him down to get help with her out-of-whack powers.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']I watched all three seasons through Netflix recently and my wife and I are very addicted to the show. I enjoyed the first episode of season four (which is on Netflix streaming under season three if you missed it) but had some questions about previous characters:

What happened to the Irish chick left in the future by Peter? What happened to the Muscle Mimic? Claire's flying boyfriend? Molly (?) the girl that can find people? Micah? How about the invisible guy from the first season? How about Nathan's wife?

Since I haven't watched the shows from the beginning and haven't taken part in the online community I didn't know if these were explained or are characters just written out of the show without explanation on a regular basis?[/quote]

Molly-last I checked she was still around Parkman, but she is probably being held out of harms way(to the extent of keeping her out of the show. lol). hopefully she should be making an appearance soon because her powers are like Cerebro so she would be very important in helping to find people

Micah and Monica-Are still in Louisianna and should be making an appearance soon. especially with micah's powers he could be very useful in rounding people up as well.

on a side note. am I missing something but did they ever show that massive explosion that claire walked through to save her family at their house in costa verde? I just remember the FX because you saw her walking and her face and body regenerating as she walked.

I am probably just speculating a lot about micah and molly but those two could combine into some serious Mutant err ability tracking people.

someone please stop me from comparing this show to Xmen. please.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Invisible Man - Chilling in England. In the Graphic Novels, Elle tracked him down to get help with her out-of-whack powers.[/QUOTE]

They need to bring this guy back. He was awesome.

I rewatched this last night since my roommates were noisy during the premiere. I'm not sure what I think about everything that has happened, but this is really where things should have gone from season 1.

I watched the episode last night.. and yeah, it certainly looks like Peter has only one power at a time now - from the most recent person he touched.

Then again, he was drugged.. so who knows.. but his powers had no effects before, now they do, and when he touched the ice queen, he lost the super strength, and exhibited no flight abilities. I'm excited for the next episode.

Clear and Present Danger was better than every other episode in volume 3 so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BattleChicken']I watched the episode last night.. and yeah, it certainly looks like Nathan Peter has only one power at a time now - from the most recent person he touched.

Then again, he was drugged.. so who knows.. but his powers had no effects before, now they do, and when he touched the ice queen, he lost the super strength, and exhibited no flight abilities. I'm excited for the next episode.

Clear and Present Danger was better than every other episode in volume 3 so far.[/quote]

He didn't show the loss of flight. He just didn't fly out of the plane

[quote name='BlueLobstah']They need to bring this guy back. He was awesome.
[/QUOTE]

Agreed...I think they were going to bring him back but with the strike season etc and he eventually signed to play Cobra Commander, maybe this season he will make a re-appearance....pardon the pun.

Finally watched the episode on Netflix streaming. Great episode, definitely the best of the season so far.

Hopefully Volume 4 will get the series back on track.

I just saw the new episode yesterday, so is Peter's powers now akin to his father's (which would make him potentially even more powerful than before) or is it just the result of new writers?

Right now, we don't know. Since his power's origin is the formula, it's believed that gets powers through touch and can only have one power at a time. That's only speculation at this point though, but there definitely seems to be a difference between natural and synthetic versions.

I have to admit, this is the first episode in a long time where I've actually been excited to see the next episode. This season could be promising.

[quote name='JolietJake']Heh, guess Peter really can only hang onto one power now, that sucks.[/quote]

For now, I'm going to assume it's only temporary. Since his power is new, he may not fully understand it.

[quote name='JolietJake']I'm kinda sad they killed Daphne. She had one of the more useful powers.[/QUOTE]
We just saw she got shot, no confirmation of death.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']We just saw she got shot, no confirmation of death.[/QUOTE]

nothing in the world of comic book writers is ever a confirmation of death.

Okay episode tonight; angry, assertive Clara Bennett is downright laughable. But I'm digging Sylar, and I look forward to him killing off his new bitchy teenage sidekick.

[quote name='mykevermin']nothing in the world of comic book writers is ever a confirmation of death.

Okay episode tonight; angry, assertive Clara Bennett is downright laughable. But I'm digging Sylar, and I look forward to him killing off his new bitchy teenage sidekick.[/QUOTE]
When he first showed his power, I was like "Now you're gonna get some fingers dingle-dangled in your brains!"

Alas, I was disappointed.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']When he first showed his power, I was like "Now you're gonna get some fingers dingle-dangled in your brains!"

Alas, I was disappointed.[/QUOTE]

The chase is always more exciting than the catch.

The premiere didn't really grab me, but this second episode really did. Plot is much more interesting. The only problem is, they really could've used an episode in-between because things were either happening way too fast or too slow. Would've made the story more thorough and more enticing. Another thing that bothers me with this season is that it feels new and refreshing. Not exactly bad, but seasons 1-3 had some type of continuation after the resolution. The resolution from season 3 to this, is kinda random. Obviously as the story continues, we'll get a better view of how things got to where they are.

Whatever, good episode. Hiro without his power = lame.

Looks like some people finally got what they wanted with the Heroes getting a team together.

Also, I'm seriously loving Sylar this season.

[quote name='mykevermin']nothing in the world of comic book writers is ever a confirmation of death.

Okay episode tonight; angry, assertive Clara Bennett is downright laughable. But I'm digging Sylar, and I look forward to him killing off his new bitchy teenage sidekick.[/QUOTE]

Anytime claire is serious it's hard to watch. She fails. What's more, I'm sick of everyone calling her "cheerleader".... It's been 3 seasons, you'd think they'd call her claire.

Peter is lame with one power at a time.

Parkman being a prophet... Bad attempt to make him useful.

Sylar is the best. Who wants to take bets that his new side kick is his little brother. That's my guess at least.

I'm sad daphne is dead because she is smokin hot, but at least we don't have to watch her awkward relationship with porkman anymore.

Sounds like I'm in the minority here, but I thought this episode was whack.

Like I said in an earlier post, Daphne has been listed in the credits of the last 2 episodes as a "Special Guest" rather than a cast member, just like Kristen Bell was before she died.

So I'm gonna take bets that she did in fact die or maybe they are just holding her and I could be wrong.

Parkman has arguably the most useful power now that Hiro has lost his. Why Ando didn't juice him up and allow him to take control of all the soldiers in the area is beyond me (maybe it would have drove him crazy or something, I don't know).

Also, if I was Tracy I would have been turning everything I was near into fucking popsicles, grow a pair.

I think Micah was the one contacting Claire. He could really be an asset to the fugitive heroes. Couldn't he just take control of the country's nukes or something and hold the world ransom?

I'm not sure it made sense for them to change Peter's powers. He was the only one that could counter Sylar. Now Syler is basically unstoppable.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']I'm not sure it made sense for them to change Peter's powers. He was the only one that could counter Sylar. Now Syler is basically unstoppable.[/QUOTE]

Well, now we know Sylar's only weakness are mentally disturbed little boys.

[quote name='ananag112']Well, now we know Sylar's only weakness are mentally disturbed little boys.[/quote]
:)

Seriously, Parkman used to be one of my least favorite characters, but the whole "I'm going to make them pay..." character development could be interesting. I liked the mind control of the soldiers, even if they only told it in a flashback. It created distance, and could have been far more visceral handled in real time.

Claire needs to leave the show. She is a terrible actor, and a boring character, and I cringe whenever she tries to play "determined".

I think Hiro will get powers back, perhaps on a limited scale (no more time travel?). The best thing they did with this season is find a way to write out all the time travelers, and most of the precogs. Though they did give it to Parkman, it just seems to be a lazy storytelling device.

Peter will likely learn to control his powers better, and hold more than one at a time. I look forward to flying, mindcontrolling, healing, superstrength Peter. Now that his character is growing some cajones.

Sylar's development is perhaps the most interesting, I never liked him, because he had no redeeming characteristics, but now he's showing a few. Sure, he tortured that soldier, but they tried to capture/kill him. I really can't blame him for that.

I bet sylar ends up joining everyone else against the government. He's the only one who can really stop them at this point. All the super powered people share a common enemy now.

[quote name='tokitoki50']I think Micah was the one contacting Claire. He could really be an asset to the fugitive heroes. Couldn't he just take control of the country's nukes or something and hold the world ransom?[/QUOTE]
Hm, interesting. I just thought it was another person being introduced to the show, or the government (hunter-dude) keeping track of Claire and whatever she may do next.

I don't know, since the text said from unknown I just assumed it was Micah using his technology powers to get in contact with some of the Heroes or something. He probably would have access to all their information.

Also, I like that Sylar didn't kill microwave boy. It shows that he has some shred of empathy left.

[quote name='JolietJake']True, but i don't see how she could have lived. Considering everyone seemed to flee and leave her.[/quote]

Parkman and her are married and have children in the future, there is now way that she got killed. I am guessing that the government will use her against the other heroes.

Every episode should have Sylar kill at least one or two government agents, not the stupid microwave boy.

Good Episode. Super Evil Sylar > Stay at home dad Sylar. I don't think Daphne is dead for good, she will come back with Clarie's blood or something else.

I still don't understand why everyone in the show still thinks Ando attacks Hiro in the future. Hiro saw what happened, knows what Ando's power is now, it isn't offensive in the least. You'd think they get it that it was a misunderstanding.

True, but he's also never used his power on someone with no powers yet. It could be fatal, or maybe his power evolves, etc.

Reminds me of my favorite line from the episode last night.

Daphne: "You kill Hiro in the future, so he can't possibly be dead!"

Haven't they changed the future enough times to not bank on saying that sort of thing?

[quote name='JolietJake']I still don't understand why everyone in the show still thinks Ando attacks Hiro in the future. Hiro saw what happened, knows what Ando's power is now, it isn't offensive in the least. You'd think they get it that it was a misunderstanding.[/QUOTE]

Well he did use it to knock out /kill Hiro , that we clearly saw. So there has to be some other use of his power outside of a super charger. Hiro was right, Ando needs to really start testing what he can do.

When do the Heroe's episodes get put on Netflix?

I thought it was the next day, but last nights still isn't up. Since 24 is on the same time I opt to watch it live and Heroes on Netflix through the 360.

bread's done
Back