HOT!!! - Various Games Clearance at The Source

Has anyone been able to PM at other stores?
I heard because they are going under, it's unlikely that stores will price match.

If you can't find a copy of Beautiful Katamari at The Source, take a look at your local Wal-Mart. I found a copy a few weeks ago in their $18 bin that scanned at 98 cents :whistle2:o

[quote name='jadomino']Has anyone been able to PM at other stores?
I heard because they are going under, it's unlikely that stores will price match.[/quote]

Circuit City in AMERICA is closing; the source is more or less independent and doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Bell made a announcement on march the 2nd that they have made plans to buy the source the deal should be finalized by the third quarter of this year.

Went to The Source in Bolton today and found:

:psp: Warhammer 40000 Squad Commander $9.96
:gba: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance $4.96

Neither was even listed online anymore. Just goes to show there are still deals to be found :)

hm.. SoulCal Legends for $10.. at that price I considered purchasing for like 90 minutes before I decided that game isn't worth it. If Dark Sector drops to NewEgg prices or Tales of Symphonia drops to $20.. maybe I'll bite then.

whoa scratch that they're dropping SingStar. I need like 3 discs and that might have to be gotten today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got Midnight Club LA for $39.96, about $45 incl. tax. Only 1 left at Yorkdale in Toronto. Best deal I've seen to this date for MCLA.

well I just picked up two singstars... i think the only one I'm missing now is PopV2. I was so giddy with excitement I didn't even look to see if it was also on the list. like Legends is.

[quote name='poiuiu']Circuit City in AMERICA is closing; the source is more or less independent and doesn't seem to be going anywhere.[/quote]

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Bell made a announcement on march the 2nd that they have made plans to buy the source the deal should be finalized by the third quarter of this year.[/quote]

Oh snap really? Damn. I thought the Radioshack people were gonna buy it up again or whatever.

The fuck is Bell gonna do with failing retail stores? Convert them to failing Bell stores? Wanna see where they go with this.

[quote name='Cash42O']Just got Midnight Club LA for $39.96, about $45 incl. tax. Only 1 left at Yorkdale in Toronto. Best deal I've seen to this date for MCLA.[/quote]

Nice for new, used goes for that price at EB.

[quote name='kathos']The fuck is Bell gonna do with failing retail stores? Convert them to failing Bell stores? Wanna see where they go with this.[/quote]

They're keeping the story exactly as it is - with the exception of only carrying Bell mobility phones.

It's quite funny - The Source has an exclusive non-competition agreement with Rogers Wireless until Jan 1 of 2010, so Bell will actually be selling Rogers services until then :)

[quote name='neksus']They're keeping the story exactly as it is - with the exception of only carrying Bell mobility phones.

It's quite funny - The Source has an exclusive non-competition agreement with Rogers Wireless until Jan 1 of 2010, so Bell will actually be selling Rogers services until then :)[/quote]

Jesus, this is some executive fuck up innit? And who the fuck wants Bell phones? Locked and SIM-less, it's a nightmare.

After talking with someone :cool:, the buying of The Source stores makes sense. They wanted more Bell stores across Canada but opening each store was going to cost them a lot of money. The Source stores are very well laid out across Canada and have decent employees that are well trained. From what I remember Bell would be saving a lot of what the start up cost would have been for each store and as an extra perk they own something that sells electronics then sell Bells telecommunications services. Also The source makes money

"The Source's 12-month revenue as of Dec. 31 was $643 million while earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization was $27 million." The Star Article.

Picked up:

Master Of Illusions (DS) - $9.99
Megaman ZX: Advent (DS) - $9.99
Final Fantasy Tactics A2(DS) - $19.99
Megaman Starforce 2: Serker X Ninja (DS) - $19.99

Some drops from Shazyzang
Now with a little organization

Boom Blox $10 :)wii:)
Sam and Max $20 :)wii:)
Soulcalibur Legends $5 :)wii:)
Tales of Symphonia DotNW $30 :)wii:)
House of the Dead 2&3 $10 :)wii:)
Speed Racer $5 :)wii:)
Tomb Raider Underworld $10 :)wii:)
Skate It $10 :)ds:)
Master of Illusion $10 :)ds:)
Guitar Hero on Tour $20 :)ds:)
Geometry Wars Galaxies $5 :)ds:)
GRID :)ds:) $10
DS/GBASP Charger Stand $2 ( NOT compatible with DS Lite)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Rings of Fate- $20 :)ds:)
Need for Speed Undercover :ds: ($10)

Burnout Paradise $10 :)360:)
Golden Compass $1 :)360:)
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade $20 :)360:)
Kingdom Under Fire Circle of Doom :360: ($5)
The Simpsons Game $10 :)360:)
Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise $20 :)360:)
Kung Fu Panda $10 (all systems, :360: is 20)
Battlefield Bad Company $10 :)360:/:ps3:) Gold Edition :ps3: only $30
Dynasty Warriors 6 $10 :)360:, :ps3: is $40 for some reason)
Madden 09 Special Edition $30 :)ps3:/:360:)
Warhawk $20 :)ps3:)

Wireless PS1/:ps2: controller- $5
Buzz Mega Quiz :ps2: $1
Silent Hill Origins $5 :)ps2:)
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror $5 :)ps2:)
Lego Indiana Jones :)psp:) $10
Need For Speed Pro Street $10 :)psp:)
Patapon $5 :)psp:)
Star Ocean 1 $10 :)psp:)
Star Wars Force Unleaszhed $10 :)psp:)
=====================
SoCal Legends is ok for $5 but why is Tales still so bloody high.

oh oh .. and Burnout. I have it for PS3 and that game is freaking awesome. if you don't have it you need to drive however far it is and grab it. Burnout and Live's multiplayer must be awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
Just browsing through the list and noticed Target: Terror for the Wii is $5. According to the review at IGN this game is so bad that it's good. I think I'll pick it up at that price just to see how bad it is firsthand.

[quote name='charlieaccf']all the sources that I have gone to have a few of the games, but are still at full price...[/quote]

did you try to scan em?

I just picked up Soul Calibur Legends for $5.36 at Younge/Eglington. I do see quite a lot of the clearance games but their either 360, PSP, stuff I have, or stuff I don't want. Saw a bunch of Buzz games. I think the only thing I'm still waiting on is :wii: Tales or SingStar PopV2.

Picked up Blue Dragon, Patapon, and Star Ocean: First Departure. I love The Source.:applause: But like others, I'm still waiting for Tales to drop!

Random and not likely, but does anyone have the catalogue code for Beautiful Katamari (360)?

[quote name='arnoldrimmer']Adding to the list from Shazyzang
Scene It is only $10[/quote]

It's the french version only though right?

I just got Full Auto (360) for 5 $

Its too bad that you never know what you might find there, it makes me want to go to every store in my region just to check it out...
Then again it also makes me want to not even bother ...

oh no you don't. as far as the rest of you are concerned Tales is a bad game. I don't want to have to run all over Ontario to find it when it drops. as a matter of fact you shake babies in the wii version.. yeah and you feed people to pigs. it's truth. internet hardcore truth. you all just lay back until i get a copy and verify it for you.

[quote name='Wolfkin']oh no you don't. as far as the rest of you are concerned Tales is a bad game. I don't want to have to run all over Ontario to find it when it drops. as a matter of fact you shake babies in the wii version.. yeah and you feed people to pigs. it's truth. internet hardcore truth. you all just lay back until i get a copy and verify it for you.[/quote]

I really liked this post. Not as much as turtles, but it's up there.

There's been a few more deals at The Source lately. A few PSP sports games dropped to $4.96 (HSG, Tiger Woods 09, Madden 09). Today I picked up Rock Band 2 standalone for the PS2 for $9.96, which I thought was a pretty good deal. I may give it to a friend if he has trouble finding a copy.

[quote name='snowsquirrel']I noticed singstar ps3 for $10. I'll probably go pick that up today. It will work with the ps3 mic's right?
~S[/QUOTE]

It will only work with the Singstar mics unfortunately.

[quote name='snowsquirrel']I noticed singstar ps3 for $10. I'll probably go pick that up today. It will work with the ps3 mic's right?
~S[/QUOTE]

it should work with PS2 singstar mikes, if you have one. Or try preowned from EB.

[quote name='EvilMario']We finally found Beautiful Katamari for $14.99. WOOT WOOT[/QUOTE]

I've been hoping for months that Beautiful Katamari would drop less than $14.xx. I'm still waiting. :cry:

Just picked up the last copy of Hotel Dusk: Room 215 at Edmonton Centre. $10. Dunno if that's an especially good deal for the game, but it is pretty rad regardless.

[quote name='thelaughingman']i picked up Meteos DS for 0.96 =D[/QUOTE]
96 cents!? Damn, I gotta see if they have meteos here.

[quote name='TronB']I've been hoping for months that Beautiful Katamari would drop less than $14.xx. I'm still waiting. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Agreed. That's the one game that no matter what Source I go to, is always there. I have no interest in it at all, but if they put a $4.99 sticker on it I would certainly buy it just so I never have to see it on their shelf again.

[quote name='TronB']I've been hoping for months that Beautiful Katamari would drop less than $14.xx. I'm still waiting. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Saw this for 9.99 used twice at previous GameDays sale. Didnt have my 360 back then... :(

bread's done
Back