HOT!!! - Various Games Clearance at The Source

[quote name='Bencherstyle']what is GAF, neogaf???[/quote]

Yah GAF as in NeoGaf the famous forums. I have been a lurker for a long time now. Created an account in the hope I could join some of the interesting discussion, but it seems I havent been aproved yet 8-(.

Maybe I am not worthy.

[quote name='intruder_xo']Yah GAF as in NeoGaf the famous forums. I have been a lurker for a long time now. Created an account in the hope I could join some of the interesting discussion, but it seems I havent been aproved yet 8-(.

Maybe I am not worthy.[/QUOTE]

Takes along time to get approved on GAF. It took me 2 months, to finally get approval to post.

[quote name='NolbertoS']Takes along time to get approved on GAF. It took me 2 months, to finally get approval to post.[/quote]
Why are the posting regulations so strict?

[quote name='game_fanatic']Why are the posting regulations so strict?[/QUOTE]

They only allow posters who don't have any advertising or spam connections. I guess in the past, they claim that too many advertisers infiltrated GAF and spammed the boards with redundant posts advertising gaming products and also too many trolls posted w/out any meaningful discussion. The owner of the site allows only thoughtful people to post, so that's why GAF is respected as a good gaming board to discuss and get new info on games.

[quote name='NolbertoS']They only allow posters who don't have any advertising or spam connections. I guess in the past, they claim that too many advertisers infiltrated GAF and spammed the boards with redundant posts advertising gaming products and also too many trolls posted w/out any meaningful discussion. The owner of the site allows only thoughtful people to post, so that's why GAF is respected as a good gaming board to discuss and get new info on games.[/quote]

That's never the impression I got. My friend uses it and all I've seen are memes and links to 'soon-to-be' memes. He told me to register, which I did so I could game trade, and it took them a good 8 monhts to respond, rejecting my application. I already forgot by that point, but what a poorly run site to take that long to respond to a registration, and to decline someone. I guess I didn't reference a user or something so I wasn't good enough to post?

[quote name='mberkes']That's never the impression I got. My friend uses it and all I've seen are memes and links to 'soon-to-be' memes. He told me to register, which I did so I could game trade, and it took them a good 8 monhts to respond, rejecting my application. I already forgot by that point, but what a poorly run site to take that long to respond to a registration, and to decline someone. I guess I didn't reference a user or something so I wasn't good enough to post?[/QUOTE]

Well..some memes are allowed not all. I don't know the owner of the site, but I heard he's a strict guy, hell he perma-banned Dennis Dyack from posting on the boards, granted it's Dennis Dyack, but still IGN or GS would've bent over backwards for any developer

Most threads on GAF are borderline fanboy wars, with plenty of memes like any Internet forum. I wouldn't know if it's any better than other sites, but I only post in the Canada deals thread (the others are just too big for my liking).

I believe I was approved pretty quickly; IIRC they don't like free email sites like Hotmail/Yahoo/Gmail, so I used my university address (I guess harder to spam with).

EDIT: just checked, it was 2 days to be approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to get Warhawk for PS3 at 20 bucks, but when I got there, they had the bundles with the bluetooth headset for 10 bucks more! (They had 3 at Carrefour Laval)

So yeah, Warhawk non-GH + Jabra bluetooth headset = 29.99$ That was quite a deal!

[quote name='Grease_Bits']Just thought I'd let you guys know, they also have Viva Pinata Limited Edition/normal edition for $9.96, and Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise $19.96. Both are fantastic games and I would highly recommend both of them. They may look childish but they both are unbelievable games.[/quote]

I played the heck out of the first one, got all achievements and whatnot. Considering that I think the sequel is just "more of the same," do you think I should invest in it again?

Note that I don't really have much time to play games until April'ish, and the first one got me hooked...

I'd like to resist because of the above reasons, but 20 bucks...

Got Jean D'Arc & Monster Hunter Freedom 2 for $9.96 each; got Meteos and .hack//GU Vol. 2 for $4.96 each.

So much money being spent at TSCC! 0_0 This isn't supposed to happen!

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Most threads on GAF are borderline fanboy wars, with plenty of memes like any Internet forum. I wouldn't know if it's any better than other sites, but I only post in the Canada deals thread (the others are just too big for my liking).

I believe I was approved pretty quickly; IIRC they don't like free email sites like Hotmail/Yahoo/Gmail, so I used my university address (I guess harder to spam with).

EDIT: just checked, it was 2 days to be approved.[/quote]

Yeah, they said it would take about two days, and I also used my university email. Still took them 8 months to reject me haha.

[quote name='thegamecubist']Got Jean D'Arc & Monster Hunter Freedom 2 for $9.96 each; got Meteos and .hack//GU Vol. 2 for $4.96 each.

So much money being spent at TSCC! 0_0 This isn't supposed to happen![/quote]

Hmmm did you see any other PS2 RPG deals beside .hack//gu vol. 2? Does Vol. 1 also in special? I am looking for some deals to grow my PS2 rpg collection ;-).

Thanks.

[quote name='intruder_xo']Hmmm did you see any other PS2 RPG deals beside .hack//gu vol. 2? Does Vol. 1 also in special? I am looking for some deals to grow my PS2 rpg collection ;-).

Thanks.[/quote]

The only RPG I saw at my local TS was .hack//GU Vol. 2. Sorry :(

in response to the gaf comments:

1. Free e-mail accounts are rejected
2. Everyone is manually approved so it can take months

As far as I know basically everyone is approved. You get banned later for the viral marketing :) After all, a lot of people on the board are from the industry. And Jeff Bell was the Microsoft PR guy who did the E3 07 conference so he's about as marketing as you can get =P

To get this back on topic, Oakridge was mostly cleaned out (of trade fodder and games I wanted). Saw a copy of Fallout 3 CE for $59.99. There's also three boxes full of games in the corner (not on the shelf).

got some sport games for the 360 $0.97 each
bought C&C3, Condemned 2 and Kane and Lynch $10 each on 360
and Lego Batman, Lego Indiana Jones $30 each on 360

[quote name='foxmcloud']got some sport games for the 360 $0.97 each[/quote]

which games? are they on the website or just in store deals?

In store only. Lots of games aren't listed online anymore from my experience, as I spent a good hour online searching for what games were available at a few locations and was pleasantly surprised when I found more :)

[quote name='cm matty']which games? are they on the website or just in store deals?[/quote]

many 2k6 and 2k7 games (madden, Tiger woods, NHL, NBA)
easy achievement points!

[quote name='foxmcloud']many 2k6 and 2k7 games (madden, Tiger woods, NHL, NBA)
easy achievement points![/quote]

nice. i may have to check my local stores tomorrow for some old ones.

[quote name='thegamecubist']Got Jean D'Arc & Monster Hunter Freedom 2 for $9.96 each; got Meteos and .hack//GU Vol. 2 for $4.96 each.

So much money being spent at TSCC! 0_0 This isn't supposed to happen![/quote]

I still want Jeanne... which location was this? Was there any more?

Checked the Source at the Bonnie Doon location...nada...zip...zilch...will report back again when I have time to check another place. It'll porbably be the source at capilano...

well i hope everyone has picked up what they wanted cuz they have now started putting some ad dollars behind this clearance ive herd radio ads like 3 times in the past hour for the "more for less clearance event"

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I still want Jeanne... which location was this? Was there any more?[/quote]

I got mine at Shopper's World in Brampton, but I got the last one. They do have another .hack??GU Vol. 2 though :)

So much money being spent at TSCC! 0_0 This isn't supposed to happen![/QUOTE]

Can you post the SKU fur Monster Hunter? Wondering if it's available around me.

Went to pick up Ape Escape Academy, but found Ape Escape: Pumped & Primed and bought that instead. They must have made a mistake, as the receipt said it was the PSP AE game. Ah well, I hear Academy isn't very good anyway. >_>

[quote name='thegamecubist']I got mine at Shopper's World in Brampton, but I got the last one. They do have another .hack??GU Vol. 2 though :)[/quote]

LOL just came back from there a few hours ago, and yep, didn't see it. I did buy one of those $5 Sector 7 wireless PS2 controllers, I'm sure it's crap but whatever. They had two more still, if it's decent I'll let people know.

One thing I noticed at Shopper's World is that they had two dusty copies of the EyeToy bundle. The damned thing disappeared off their website the last time they had a major clearance, yet these guys are sitting on two. It said $29.99, was tempted to see if it was any cheaper right now, but I have the camera already (thanks to eBay :roll:). At least it works great for LBP!

Got FFTA2 and FFCC from the WEM upper location yesterday. I think they were the last copies. Forgot to check the downstairs location for anything, and also didn't really look around in the upper one due to being awkward and making two separate purchases and asking too many questions haha

[quote name='mberkes']Got FFTA2 and FFCC from the WEM upper location yesterday. I think they were the last copies. Forgot to check the downstairs location for anything, and also didn't really look around in the upper one due to being awkward and making two separate purchases and asking too many questions haha[/quote]

When I was there, the person upstair was very helpful. He didn't even know there was clearance sales, and was scanning games for me. He said something about new owner taking over the source and they wanted to get rid of all the accessories and games.

The location downstair, on the other hand people weren't willing to help at all. zzzz

Tried the Sector 7 PS2 wireless controller last night, it's OK for $5. The buttons are a bit sticky, and not always responsive. I think it may get better the more I use it.
It takes 4 AAA's, and if you buy a couple they connect to the same wireless dongle. Problem with the dongle, it doesn't fit a slim at all. You need an adapter or to use it on a Fat PS2.

picked up condembed 2 for 9 bux, sly 3 for 5 bux, i saw GOW 2 for 9 bux.....didnt buy that one tho

thats all i think

i also went to BBV, saw DIrt, Final fantasy onnline, saints row for 9.99

i want to get killzone 2, wonder which of those are accepted.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Tried the Sector 7 PS2 wireless controller last night, it's OK for $5. The buttons are a bit sticky, and not always responsive. I think it may get better the more I use it.
It takes 4 AAA's, and if you buy a couple they connect to the same wireless dongle. Problem with the dongle, it doesn't fit a slim at all. You need an adapter or to use it on a Fat PS2.[/quote]

Thanks for this mini-review, I almost picked one of these up but couldn't find any info on it on the net. I only have a slim, and 4 AAAs is lame :cry: What's the best wireless PS2 controller out there?

[quote name='wampa1']Thanks for this mini-review, I almost picked one of these up but couldn't find any info on it on the net. I only have a slim, and 4 AAAs is lame :cry: What's the best wireless PS2 controller out there?[/quote]

For another $2, you could buy this adapter, it made the controller work on my slim.
http://www.thesource.ca/estore/Prod...ory=Playstation+2+Accessories&product=5810264

I think this Logitech might be a pretty good controller, $10 refurb and it only uses 2 AA's. I had the previous version, it was bulky and used 4 batteries... But it worked well!
http://www.factorydirect.ca/catalog/product_spec.php?pcode=LO9633

[quote name='Fanboy']Can you post the SKU fur Monster Hunter? Wondering if it's available around me.[/quote]

The SKU is: 1338827013. It also has a sticker on it that says "item number" and that's 581-6281.

Hope this helps!

I went to the Source in St-Jerome Quebec...they had lots of PSP games (jeanne d'arc, etc) but I wasn't interested in them. The only good game they had was Call of Duty 3 for Xbox 360 and Battlefield Bad Company for X360. Oh, they had lots of PS3 games.

I only picked up Battlefield: BC for 19,96$, didn't have a lot of cash on me.

did anyone actually come across picross ds (ive been wanting to pick it up but am not willing to pay $25 for it)

i seen a bunch of copies of scene it for the 360 at the stores around here but i never checked to see if it was on clearance
anyone got some insight ?

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']To get this back on topic, Oakridge was mostly cleaned out (of trade fodder and games I wanted). Saw a copy of Fallout 3 CE for $59.99. There's also three boxes full of games in the corner (not on the shelf).[/QUOTE]

I picked up that copy of Fallout 3 CE. I got Beautiful Katamari for $14

Just got back from The Source in Capilano mall and apparently they don't sell games at all...you learn something new everyday lol...

[quote name='seed84']i seen a bunch of copies of scene it for the 360 at the stores around here but i never checked to see if it was on clearance
anyone got some insight ?[/quote]

$34.99:
http://www.thesource.ca/estore/Prod...nline&category=XBOX360_Action&product=5819589

French is $19.96:
http://www.thesource.ca/estore/Prod...nline&category=XBOX360_Action&product=5817533

[quote name='flipcyde']Just got back from The Source in Capilano mall and apparently they don't sell games at all...you learn something new everyday lol...[/quote]

Yeah some stores don't. You figure it out after checking stock for 20 games when those stores seem to carry nothing. :)

Picked up:
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3 (PS2)- $15
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes 2(PSP)- $20
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror (PS2)- $10
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: The Beginning Of Destiny (PS2)- $10

Man, I hope my cousin doesn't have the PSP version of that Yu-Gi-Oh! game, because after a check after I bought it I released it was a PSP-to-PS2 port like Syphon Filter...

[quote name='seed84']did anyone actually come across picross ds (ive been wanting to pick it up but am not willing to pay $25 for it) [/quote]

How much is it going for?

After going to about three locations I found Professor Layton and the Curious Village for $19.99.

Saw a copy of Patapon at the St. Vital Mall location.

bread's done
Back