HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys,

Just gave Amazon chat support a shot wanted to check for information regarding onsale orders through amazon.

Also, I've Been on hold for over an hour with HP SMB.

------
You are now connected to Balaji from Amazon.com.

Me:I ordered a touchpad through amazon from onsale.com last night. I was wondering if these orders were legitimate or if they will be cancelled.

Balaji:Hello, my name is Balaji. I'll be happy to look into your issue.
May I've your order number?

Me:Order #XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Balaji:May I place you on hold for 2 to 3 minutes while I check this for you?

Me:yes, no problem

Balaji:Jacob, I see that your order will be delivered between August 25, - August 30.
if the seller cant ship the item we'll cancel your order.

Me:but amazon has no information on whether the seller is actually able to fulfill these?

Balaji:I'm sorry Jacob, since the seller has not updated the information on our web site.
I'd like to ask you to send a report to our investigations team about this. They deal with possible violations of our seller policies. Each report they receive is investigated and the appropriate action is taken. However, we won't be able to release the outcome of the investigation. Please go to the URL below and select "Report a violation of our rules" as the subject line:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/reports

Me:Thank You. Have a Nice Day.

If onSale doesn't follow through on their orders for one reason or another, people need to make sure to give them some very negative feedback.

Placed my order though the HP small business site - my CC has been hit but no order conf in email yet. Made a big mistake going there should have just followed the thread like everybody else did and waited for amazon.

Have the feeling many people are in the same boat I am.

You know...I'm questioning two things at the moment.

1- Since this thing is now going to have a rather large install base IS anybody going to continue to support it? I mean I'd settle for some more tablet optimized phone software, but people are going to be eager to buy stuff for in in the next few weeks so you'd think some devs would be jumping on this.

2- If support for it as truly ended now (besides independent devs) what's the "every day man" going to do? I would deem a good number of us on here competent to use the eventual Android port or to start using homebrew now...but it's not something your average consumer is going to do.

[quote name='TwistedOrange']Wonder what would happen if any of the following happened:

a) iPad 2 for $99.

b) PS3 120GB+ Slim for $99.

c) Xbox 360 250GB Slim for $99.[/QUOTE]
People would kill each other to hoard as many as possible.

[quote name='Vader582']People would kill each other to hoard as many as possible.[/QUOTE]

Imagine if MS and Sony did it at the same time, and at the end of the week they release PS4/Xbox 720. I would never stop laughing at those hoarders for being idiots.

Barnes and Noble customer service sucks. I've called seven or eight times about my "Unable to process order" and their system says "Unable to process your call at this time."

[quote name='TwistedOrange']Wonder what would happen if any of the following happened:

a) iPad 2 for $99.

A) i will cut heads to get one

B) just 120gb? meh

C) worthless

I ordered one last night on Amazon through onSale. This morning, my debit card was charged the exact amount $105.xx for the order. Does this mean I'm good, or is there still a chance of the order being cancelled and receiving a refund?

Been lurking this thread since Saturday but I'll chime in with some info. Ordered one from B&N 9:33 PST and got an email that they received the order. Woke up this morning to find two more emails. One at 4:49 AM stating my order is scheduled to ship. Then one at 4:56 AM stating that they couldn't fulfill my order and canceled it. So here's hoping the OnSale Amazon order goes through or my hunt for one continues.

I was actually considering getting rid of the Xbox 360 part. After getting a Slim and returning it, I actually think even for the $125 I paid for it, it was pretty much worthless.

[quote name='ps360gamer']Barnes and Noble customer service sucks. I've called seven or eight times about my "Unable to process order" and their system says "Unable to process your call at this time."[/QUOTE]
same here. I wouldn't mind holding on the line for 30-40+ minutes, but having to recall to reenter my order number + zip is extremely annnoying.

[quote name='TwistedOrange']Imagine if MS and Sony did it at the same time, and at the end of the week they release PS4/Xbox 720. I would never stop laughing at those hoarders for being idiots.[/QUOTE]

I dont think the xbox or PS3 would cause huge waves or at least not as big as this. Both of them are cheaper than the touchpad and way more established. The Touchpad also has the "its a cheap tablet" hype going for it.

I strongly believe if this was say the PS3... well we would see a LOT more hate like "it was cheaper/better deal when..." then some reference to something random. Things along these lines and such.

a) iPad 2 for $99.

a) The universe would implode in on itself, shrinking back down to the size of a pea. Then exploding outward in a howling voice-like, "I patented thaaaaaat..."

b) A sun would go supernova in a distant galaxy, sending deadly radiation in a freak incident that eventually causes skin cancer in all the world's dogs. By the next year, we live in a World Without Dogs and there is peace and quiet again.

c) A giant square-shaped piece of glass spinning through space would be struck by several successive waves of energy from our yellow sun, shattering it into several exploding pieces. From the explosions would emerge three superpowered titans from another world. Arriving on our planet as peaceful travelers, they would soon find our world overcome by political insanity that threatens to freeze our economy, pit us against one another pointlessly, the major powers using our dwindling resources to build up armies we never use against one another's built-up armies while pitting small ragtag forces against one another so we can rush in to save the day with out built-up military as an excuse to have them, and a coalition of international cooperation built on intransgience and vetos. Also, they would find our current patent and copyright laws to be antiquated and silly, seeing them as the block to progress that they truly are. After seeing all this, their leader, a charismatic, gentle soul named Zod would fly to the White House and demand that the President bow to Zod before having the same done by the rest of the world.

Banishing religion, wars, copyright law, patent law, constant build-up of military technology, and dogs, Zod ushers in a new era of peace and prosperity by helping humanity move toward improvements in society and non-military technology. From his crystal palace in the Arctic, built by another of his kind that sought to protect the warmongers and patent/copyright law trolls, Zod rules with a fair hand and calm demeanor. Only the war criminal, Kal-El, the other of his kind that had already infiltrated our planet's socio-political scene, and a group of his followers are left to challenge this new era of progress.

Zod approves of the new low price on the Xbox 360 Slim, though. He enjoys playing his beta of Batman: Arkham City. "Zod finds the depiction of a locked down Arkham City to be quite compelling," White House spokesperson, Ursula, said in a recent press update.

[quote name='trent82']Would you care to suggest any? I see a lot of CBS Sports, but not ESPN...news, but not CNN...weather, but not The Weather Channel (they only seem to have a phone app)...unofficial Twitter apps, but not actual Twitter. And regarding games, you can use that condescending tone all you like, but games are important, and this thing has next to nothing..[/QUOTE]

Well obviously there's Angry Birds HD

The Shrek Kart game is supposed to be fun, as is Need For Speed and that hover racer (forget it's name).

Glyder 2 seems to have its fans but I didn't care for it.

Big Boss is fun, kinda like a reverse Castle Crashers.

There's some "spot the difference" games and some hidden object games too that a lot of people like.

Robtek or something like that (sorry don't have it in front of me atm) is fun.

A lot of the non-game apps are cool too. Just because something isn't an ACTUAL Twitter app doesn't mean it's not good, for instance. In fact from reviews I've read the Twitter apps on here work better than actual twitter in this format. There's a lot of radio apps and productivity apps as well.

I agree that overall there's not a lot but it's barely been out that long so not sure what you expect either. A lot of people say Android doesn't have much but it has a lot more than this, haha. Some advice though, don't write off stuff just because it's webOS Phone stuff. There's some cool games that have been resized for the Touchpad and look great. The Assassin's Creed game comes to mind, also Dead Runner. But yea, if you're used to the iPhone/iPad (or to a lesser degree Android) apps stores you'll be disappointing. Just remember too though, every platform has the issue of having more stuff for the phones than the tablets...

[quote name='Jsidera']I ordered one last night on Amazon through onSale. This morning, my debit card was charged the exact amount $105.xx for the order. Does this mean I'm good, or is there still a chance of the order being cancelled and receiving a refund?[/QUOTE]

Everyone has been charged, but until you get a notice that it shipped they could still cancel.

Just got off the phone with HP small business after 1 hour 50 minute wait. I had accidentally purchased 3 tablets during the website problems so hopefully that frees up others to be fulfilled. She said my order was about to drop for placement and she doubted it'd be backordered.

re: B&N

My order status says "cannot be removed" which according to the confirmation email means "If the status says "Cannot be removed" it is in process to ship to you. I have an expected ship date for Aug. 24th. I was one of the first to order at midnight, so maybe i got lucky

[quote name='JKSonic']Since some people here seem to be the new unofficial experts, what's your advice on playing movies? I heard the KalemSoft player has trouble playing certain things, but I'll probably give it a shot. What EXACTLY type of videos can be played on the normal player though? I've tried videos which appear to be the same and one will work while the other doesn't. Definitely confusing and frustrating!

So far I've some decent games (I wish there were more demos for the games!!!!) and the productivity software is great for those who use it for that. Interface is pretty slick, graphics are great, sound is ok (but I do hate how the desktop has one volume control and then each app has it's own)...[/QUOTE]

To my knowledge, the native video support is similar to the ipad. It seems that your best bet is to load videos on it that are for the ipad (minus DRM) and it should play fine natively. That means, usually, .mp4.

[quote name='trent82']Would you care to suggest any? I see a lot of CBS Sports, but not ESPN...news, but not CNN...weather, but not The Weather Channel (they only seem to have a phone app)...unofficial Twitter apps, but not actual Twitter. And regarding games, you can use that condescending tone all you like, but games are important, and this thing has next to nothing.[/quote]

USA Today is a decent news app. Washintgon post...

Do a google search for "Best touchpad apps" and you'll get some decent ones.

I like Glimpse, but it's not free.
iheartradio
Epicurious
Robotek HD
Comics HD
Kahn Academy
Securestore
Wordpress

The most important app any touchpad owner should have is Preware, which is the unofficial app catalog that allows you to load patches to overclock and make things faster or mod it.

I don't have time to post the instruction on how to get Preware loaded but you can find them by googling it and/or look at precentral.net

I've tried both ways and have experienced problems with each method involving album artwork not showing up even though those same albums display perfectly in the Zune app, iTunes, and in the folder itself. HP Play was not properly unmounting the device when I hit the eject button.

The device and the OS seem nice. I think this has been a great opportunity for many people to see for themselves how they feel about the tablet format for a low price.
I'm sorry. I've actually never used my touchpad for loaded on music, I just stream. I know there are threads about this at precentral.net though

[quote name='JKSonic']You know...I'm questioning two things at the moment.

1- Since this thing is now going to have a rather large install base IS anybody going to continue to support it? I mean I'd settle for some more tablet optimized phone software, but people are going to be eager to buy stuff for in in the next few weeks so you'd think some devs would be jumping on this.[/quote]

There are more devs than you think. And yes, the rumor is that Samsung, LG, and HTC have all been in talks for a couple of weeks with HP about making hardware. They hope to have an anouncement soon.

As of know the webOS division at HP is alive and well and still working on stuff. Oh and I know for a personal fact that they have people there working only on games. They have also made deals with game devs for exclusive games, but that's not public really.

2- If support for it as truly ended now (besides independent devs) what's the "every day man" going to do? I would deem a good number of us on here competent to use the eventual Android port or to start using homebrew now...but it's not something your average consumer is going to do.

Support has not truly ended. HP is still employing several hundred webOS employees (formally Palm).

This entire thing is just the result of HP moving out of making hardware - which will eventually mean no pc's either. They only care about software now, especially enterprise software. They will continue to support webOS until they position it into some kind of licensing deal or sell it.

Worse case scenario is that it goes open source, which isn't bad.

I got my order in early Friday when it went live on HP but my order still says "item being processed". I have recieved a confirmation email and I have a pending charge on my card so I hope I'm in the clear.

I know some people over at SD have been saying they got in early too and they have got a cancellation email but most of them said they ordered 2 or more. I'm kinda hoping HP is handling this like my job (CocaCola Distribution) handles their shipping when low on product. What we do is if there are only 3 cases of a product and there are 4 customers (3 customers want 1 case but 1 customer wants 3 cases) trying to buy it. Instead of fulfilling the 1 order for 3 cases we fulfill the 3 orders for 1 case. The company would rather have one pissed off customer over 3 pissed off customers. I'm hoping this applies to my HP order lol.

Anyway my question is...anybody who got in on Friday night at HP for ONE 32G model recieve a cancellation or shipping email yet?

Thanks in advance

Called Kmart security and as I suspected, they were suspicious of the sending to a ghetto address different from the billing address. Answered a few questions and they said the order would be released.

Got the email at the original price and used web chat to request a price adjustment. She didn't even ask what the price was, just coming back after a couple of minutes to say a refund request was sent out. I asked specifically if the price had been changed to $149.99 and she confirmed.

However, my card still doesn't show any charges from any of the four places I've placed orders with, so I still don't know if I'll actually be getting one. Fun.

[quote name='tossin']Everyone has been charged, but until you get a notice that it shipped they could still cancel.[/QUOTE]

Well thanks for slightly raining on my parade, was hoping I was a lucky one. Oh well, only time will tell now!

[quote name='tossin']Everyone has been charged, but until you get a notice that it shipped they could still cancel.[/QUOTE]

yeah i just have "shipping soon"
Hhgreg said they were getting a shipment in and i could pick one up at 10am when they open.
i will trust OnSale

Someone just posted on SD that they live chatted with Newegg and the "price is being reviewed". REALLY hope they drop and honor previous purchases. I ordered one before realizing they don't accept returns of any kind on PC's or Tablets, immediately tried to cancel, and it wouldn't let me. I can only hope they honor the price or that I catch the UPS delivery guy to refuse delivery.

[quote name='thrustbucket']To my knowledge, the native video support is similar to the ipad. It seems that your best bet is to load videos on it that are for the ipad (minus DRM) and it should play fine natively. That means, usually, .mp4.

There are more devs than you think. And yes, the rumor is that Samsung, LG, and HTC have all been in talks for a couple of weeks with HP about making hardware. They hope to have an anouncement soon.

As of know the webOS division at HP is alive and well and still working on stuff. Oh and I know for a personal fact that they have people there working only on games. They have also made deals with game devs for exclusive games, but that's not public really.

Support has not truly ended. HP is still employing several hundred webOS employees (formally Palm).

This entire thing is just the result of HP moving out of making hardware - which will eventually mean no pc's either. They only care about software now, especially enterprise software. They will continue to support webOS until they position it into some kind of licensing deal or sell it.

Worse case scenario is that it goes open source, which isn't bad.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm not questioning you, I've seen releases from HP stating the same thing. It's just hard to believe when most other articles are stating otherwise, haha. I guess we'll see. I HOPE it's continued to be supported, that's for sure. The stuff made for the Touchpad is still a rather small list when compared to other devices so I hope that changes. If not I'm sure we'll see lots of stuff we're able to use through the Preware...

As far as the videos I guess I'm just having bad luck. I found a good open source conversion program so I'll try that on some of my files and see.

[quote name='loc0bob']I got my order in early Friday when it went live on HP but my order still says "item being processed". I have recieved a confirmation email and I have a pending charge on my card so I hope I'm in the clear.

I know some people over at SD have been saying they got in early too and they have got a cancellation email but most of them said they ordered 2 or more. I'm kinda hoping HP is handling this like my job (CocaCola Distribution) handles their shipping when low on product. What we do is if there are only 3 cases of a product and there are 4 customers (3 customers want 1 case but 1 customer wants 3 cases) trying to buy it. Instead of fulfilling the 1 order for 3 cases we fulfill the 3 orders for 1 case. The company would rather have one pissed off customer over 3 pissed off customers. I'm hoping this applies to my HP order lol.

Anyway my question is...anybody who got in on Friday night at HP for ONE 32G model recieve a cancellation or shipping email yet?

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

sup

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8781124&postcount=3469

no confirmation no cancellation and they gave me a Fedex number which may be recycled

For anyone who got "Unable to Process" for Barnes and Noble, apparently they just need more info and will hold your order for up to a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up 2 from Amazon (via OnSale) for $99 a pop.

Since retailers are sending them back, id check hp.com daily in the morning. Check both home AND business sections

[quote name='vanlandw']Placed my order though the HP small business site - my CC has been hit but no order conf in email yet. Made a big mistake going there should have just followed the thread like everybody else did and waited for amazon.

Have the feeling many people are in the same boat I am.[/QUOTE]

I did too. Just a charge and no emails yet. If it comes, it comes. If it doesn't, then I'm happy with my ipad, and it made for an exciting weekend.

[quote name='tossin']For anyone who got "Unable to Process" for Amazon, apparently they just need more info and will hold your order for up to a week.[/QUOTE]

Don't you mean Barnes and Noble?

[quote name='Zmonkay']Someone just posted on SD that they live chatted with Newegg and the "price is being reviewed". REALLY hope they drop and honor previous purchases. I ordered one before realizing they don't accept returns of any kind on PC's or Tablets, immediately tried to cancel, and it wouldn't let me. I can only hope they honor the price or that I catch the UPS delivery guy to refuse delivery.[/QUOTE]

Ouch, that sucks. I'd be super pissed if I just spent $500 on a $100 device.

[quote name='hustletron']What's the likelihood of finding one in store at BestBuy or B&N, obviously YMMV but how much?[/QUOTE]

Best buy 0% chance.

[quote name='hustletron']What's the likelihood of finding one in store at BestBuy or B&N, obviously YMMV but how much?[/QUOTE]

Better luck winning the lottery than finding one still on the shelves

Ordered from BB.com Sunday, 7:30am. Called bestbuy to clarify what "Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in null - null days" means. Representative said I will receive a cancellation email later today or the next day because they couldn't fulfill all orders. That sucks!

[quote name='joshrocker']Best buy 0% chance.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, damn, the B&N is right by the BestBuy too. This is what I get for not keeping up with the CAG!! I need one of these for 150!!!

[quote name='hustletron']Gotcha, damn, the B&N is right by the BestBuy too. This is what I get for not keeping up with the CAG!! I need one of these for 150!!![/QUOTE]
I have a hunch that HP.com will have more of these sometime in the future...just a guess.

[quote name='hustletron']Gotcha, damn, the B&N is right by the BestBuy too. This is what I get for not keeping up with the CAG!! I need one of these for 150!!![/QUOTE]

CAG?
you need to check your internet life!
News where everywhere about the drop and SD/CAG and other deal sites have threads on the same topic

i could have been the first to make this thread but i realized Tablet =/= video games so i let the idea go. :roll:
Too bad, i could have updated the OP as info was being exchanged and what not :p

I did the BN route. If it gets denied, fine, thats okay. Pretty much expected it. BUT.... they've charged my card (pre-auth). If this is one of those deals where they deny it and then hold $115 bucks out of my account for a week, then Im going to be pretty pissed.

You know what would be helpful?...

Adding the useful information to the first post. So much info scattered that would help people who have/will have this gadget.

[quote name='Jasonofindy']I find it odd that the signal won't reach your basement. In my living room, my laptop sees seven Uverse routers including my own. Since neither of my neighbors have Uverse, it means I'm seeing routers from across the street and from the street behind ours. It really sounds like yours isn't putting out the signal it should.

Even if it is working exactly as it should, the installer shouldn't have installed it in a location in your house where your whole house can't receive signal. This is installer error, and if you call their support line and elevate up past the low level support drones you should be able to get them to come out and move it for you. The only problem you might have is if they put it in that room at your request AND the installer noted that request in their report.

If you don't want to mess with AT&T, I know that there were users on their forums who just used the 2WIRE as a modem and use their own wireless router behind it to actually distribute wi-fi through their house. It is not officially supported, but I am sure that there are users that do it. You should be able to find people in the uverse forums at ATT.com who will help you out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your thoughtful response! You're right, there might be a way to tweak the power output of the gateway. I haven't found out how, yet. The gateway is basically two floors above the basement, and in a corner room. It was put there because our desktop computer is there and doesn't have a wifi card built-in.

I've been screwing around with settings on my old linksys router, and I figured out how to attach it to the end of the long ethernet cable in the basement and have it broadcast a secure wifi network of its own. What's good is that now I can play PS3 and use a tablet or laptop at the same time. What's bad is that my old 360 doesn't have a wireless adapter, so I still have to use a hardline for that, I guess, unless I can find a cheap wireless adapter for it.

Now I'm just waiting for my tablet to ship...

Edit: What's really hilarious is that the basement router's signal is reaching the upper level with 5 bars. Damn cheap U-verse gateway lol...

bread's done
Back