Humble Bundle #4 Live!

Shut up and buy it.

Just kidding, I think the bundle is crap too. Super Meat Boy is like pounding nails into your eyeballs, Jamestown is only hyped because it's not some creepy Japanese mess, Shank is forgettable, Cave Story is freeware, Space Battles is an elaborate screen saver, Bit.Trip is an annoying reskin of canabalt, and what's that leave... Nightsky? Eh.

[quote name='DirkBelig']What part of "I HAVE A HUGE BACKLOG OF GAMES AND SUPER-UBER-DIFFICULT GAMES THAT CATER TO THE NERD RAGE MASOCHISTS ONLY DON'T INTEREST ME!!!!" is too difficult to understand?!? Especially when post after post is from people mentioning how brutally hard some parts are? AGAIN, I never said these games weren't any good, but aren't to my tastes. Why can't you people accept that not everyone likes the same stuff you do?!?[/QUOTE]
So rant some more, see who wants to help you. Everyone pushing you to buy it is trying to be nice, and encourage you to play some games they enjoy. In response, you're just being rude. Nice guy.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I fucking love, and I mean love the Cave Story soundtrack. To be able to get it is just fucking awesome. I love the humble crew.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the soundtrack is really charming and fun. This is the first time I've played the actual game and I flippin' LOVE IT. I've played a ton of (sorry) "Metroidvania" type games in my life and this honestly feels a fresh (maybe even fresher) entry in that genre. I can't believe I waited so long since the original version was free. Oh well, at least I'm playing the + version with money going to charity :)

In my opinion this game is the best one in the bundle but many of the others are quite stellar in their own right. I think this is easily my favorite of these indie bundles. Good job, HIB!

troll of the year?
Don't have to pay anything it's your choice.. but the least this bundle will cost you is a penny. Even if you can't play the games you're missing out on some great tunes man....

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I fucking love, and I mean love the Cave Story soundtrack. To be able to get it is just fucking awesome. I love the humble crew.[/QUOTE]

I agree, it's an amazing soundtrack. Are you using the original or remixed tracks? Because I think the originals are better

[quote name='Max Spider X']Is anyone having trouble downloading the mac version of Shank? My download keeps getting interrupted.[/QUOTE]

I was having problems directly downloading a couple of the meatier soundtracks (I have a Sansa which plays FLAC files wonderfully). they kept getting interrupted and corrupted. I just clicked on the BitTorrent button and downloaded them that way instead.

I got in for $5.42 even though I had super meat boy and Gratuities space battles. Wasn't sure if I was gonna like Jamestown but so far its fun. Probably their best bundle to date imo.

[quote name='Oaxan']Shank is pretty good, but what's-her-face with the scar is giving me some trouble.
Bit.Trip Runner is REALLY pissing me off. I can't get past the 1-2 because of those goddamn stairs.[/QUOTE]

Spam the dodge roll and scarface will have a much harder time sticking you. You do enough damage through normal skirmishing with her that you really don't need to go for the QTE block on her. It's risky, it's not guaranteed that she'll do it at any given time, and it isn't a necessity unlike Butcher and El Toro.

And Bit Trip Runner isn't that good anyway.

Finally got around to launching the games from this bundle aside from the ones I already owned (Super Meat Boy & Bit Trip Runner) and damn, I'm having a blast with Jamestown. I don't know how it slipped under the radar for me... it reminds me of the days I spent in arcades as a kid just buttonmashing the hell out of games like this one. Even if I don't like any of the other games in this bundle, I'll still call this HIB a success for me, for Jamestown alone.

[quote name='DirkBelig']Why? Because it's full of games that YOU like?[/QUOTE]

A broad consensus has emerged (not only on this site, but on the internet at large) that this is the best indie bundle that has yet been offered. More to the point, the level and speed of sales thus far indicates that many, many people see a great deal of value here. So no, it's not because of any single person's opinion.

[quote name='DirkBelig']What part of "I HAVE A HUGE BACKLOG OF GAMES AND SUPER-UBER-DIFFICULT GAMES THAT CATER TO THE NERD RAGE MASOCHISTS ONLY DON'T INTEREST ME!!!!" is too difficult to understand?!? Especially when post after post is from people mentioning how brutally hard some parts are? AGAIN, I never said these games weren't any good, but aren't to my tastes. Why can't you people accept that not everyone likes the same stuff you do?!?[/QUOTE]

This thread has consisted largely of people commiserating about the quality of the games on offer, and how tremendous a deal it is to get them all at such a low price. There has certainly been dissent, but it has primarily also come with some praise, or at least with some particular criticisms. You came into this thread with nothing to add to the conversation, and then acted "shocked, simply shocked!" when people politely disagreed with you and encouraged you to take another approach. There's every indication that you are looking to create conflict. Congratulations!

To put it another way: You came here to stir up shit, and you're surprised that you attract flies?

Really classy Nicalis. You didn't even rename or tag your damn soundtack. You literally grabbed the .oggs from the game folder as shipped, drag-dropped them on a LAME converter, and released. I understand you're giving effort commensurate for a penny's purchase but damn guys.

Shank's soundtrack has been free for a while and it's nice to have like that but I wish I could get songs that loop more like the game. None of the boss themes in the soundtrack loop which is irritating.

Why are you even hanging around on the CAG forums? That's certainly not going to help with your huge backlog.

Is there any particular reason CAG's need to fight about small donations for a handful of amazing games?

DirkBelig, stop picking fights with everyone. Truly, you don't need to be antagonistic in every post.

Just shut the fuck up and get the fuck out of the thread then, you trolling asshole.

You're lucky I'm not shrike, or I would permaban you and your idiot South Park avatar in an instant for being such a troll. Welcome to the ignore list.

Man, some people need to chill.

Getting back on subject, anyone having a problem downloading the soundtrack to Jamestown? It won't let me from the site.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Getting back on subject, anyone having a problem downloading the soundtrack to Jamestown? It won't let me from the site.[/QUOTE]

Just tried it out, works for me.

Then don't buy it? I've been around the block long enough to know you're trolling, but I still don't understand why some people needlessly bash on games they've never played. even I don't go on a hatred fueled FPS rant without having a little experience with the genre.
fuck, you barely even buy it anyway. You can get the meat of the package for only a penny.

tl;dr gb2/v/

[quote name='TheLongshot']Man, some people need to chill.

Getting back on subject, anyone having a problem downloading the soundtrack to Jamestown? It won't let me from the site.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, let's get back on subject, mate.

Regarding the soundtracks, I had some problems with downloading them earlier today. I just switched to the torrent and obtained them that way. Otherwise I'd get interruption notices in Chrome and I'd have to start over again. This happened mainly with the larger files like the FLAC Super Meat Boy OST. Good luck!

So, I have one thing to say about BIT.TRIP (Actually I have a lot more, but I don't feel like ranting). Why on earth would they use the most disgustingly difficult to read font? Does it fit the theme? Yes. Is there more than one pixel font in the word? God Yes and they should have chosen another one. I can barely read the damn main menu or tell what my score is at the end of a level.

I'm not even a font person and it makes me want to vomit a little when I see it.

[quote name='utopianmachine']You know, I'm not sure how future bundles can excite me anywhere near as much as this one did. :D[/QUOTE]

I had most of these, but I was thinking the same thing when I saw the list. More than half of these could of headlined their own bundle.

[quote name='Blade']Just shut the fuck up and get the fuck out of the thread then, you trolling asshole.

You're lucky I'm not shrike, or I would permaban you and your idiot South Park avatar in an instant for being such a troll. Welcome to the ignore list.[/QUOTE]

lol. :D

Cmon guys, we all were 12 once too. Let's cut him a break.

[quote name='utopianmachine']You know, I'm not sure how future bundles can excite me anywhere near as much as this one did. :D[/QUOTE]

I have said that about almost every main HB before, so I hope that they keep proving me wrong.

[quote name='Yanksfan']lol. :D

Cmon guys, we all were 12 once too. Let's cut him a break..[/QUOTE]

Nope.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agreed. There's nowhere to go but down.

For some reason shank and nightsky dont work :/ says the file cannot be expanded theres no such file in directory. Is this happening to anyone else on mac?

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Agreed. There's nowhere to go but down.[/QUOTE]

Anything is possible..

Trine 2
Bastion
Hard Reset
Orcs Must Die!
LIMBO
Q.U.B.E.
Rock of Ages

[quote name='CheapSteam']Anything is possible..

Trine 2
Bastion
Hard Reset
Orcs Must Die!
LIMBO
Q.U.B.E.
Rock of Ages[/QUOTE]

Good point, but all of these packaged together is what it would take to parallel HIB 4.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Good point, but all of these packaged together is what it would take to parallel HIB 4.[/QUOTE]

This seemed to be their big holiday release so I doubt they will come close to it until next December.

They could make a hib that includes ALL of the previous Hibs. If they eve decide to do that, theyd better make payment of the average price mandatory.

[quote name='JakeNome']They could make a hib that includes ALL of the previous Hibs. If they eve decide to do that, theyd better make payment of the average price mandatory.[/QUOTE]

Well, they've done something like this with the previous main bundles. I wouldn't expect every bundle ever, but I wouldn't be surprised if they added keys for 1, 2, and 3 at some point.

[quote name='JakeNome']They could make a hib that includes ALL of the previous Hibs. If they eve decide to do that, theyd better make payment of the average price mandatory.[/QUOTE]

I'd certainly pay more than the average for that (although I always pay more than the average). I really want Frozen Synapse to come back, because I missed it last time

Just got an email
Hey there!
We've just added five classic Humble Indie Bundle 3 games to Humble Indie Bundle 4! If you've already purchased it, visit your download page now to download VVVVVV, Crayon Physics Deluxe, Cogs, And Yet It Moves, and Hammerfight including all of their soundtracks! If you haven't bought Humble Indie Bundle 4 yet, you can nab this bundle-in-a-bundle by setting your price higher than the average.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Just got an email
Hey there!
We've just added five classic Humble Indie Bundle 3 games to Humble Indie Bundle 4! If you've already purchased it, visit your download page now to download VVVVVV, Crayon Physics Deluxe, Cogs, And Yet It Moves, and Hammerfight including all of their soundtracks! If you haven't bought Humble Indie Bundle 4 yet, you can nab this bundle-in-a-bundle by setting your price higher than the average.[/QUOTE]

Got the same email and then proceeded to get the Steam code for HIB3. Unfortunately Steam says it is invalid... Is it possibly too soon for Steam to recognize the code? Anyone else gotten it to work?

Yo, I already own this and nobody on my Facebook apparently wants it, so snatch it up while you can you cheap asses. :p

QZP2P-9JKCB-LM04J (Humble Bundle 3)

[quote name='Deack']I'm willing to trade my Humble Bundle #3 code for Terraria if anyone wants to. :)[/QUOTE]

Just FYI

Mods' note:
Humble Bundle pack sales and trades are forbidden, effective immediately. Some people decide to donate $0.01 for the bundles, which is pretty much theft. Blame the cheap CAGs for screwing it up for the rest of us.

Wow, now that #3 is added to the bundle I already purchased...it's kinda eliminating the need for me to buy anything during the Steam holiday sale.

I wish they would give the humble bundle 1 away again at some point. I came in on 3 so I got 2, and I got the Frozen Byte as a bonus with one of the others, but I still can't find 1.

Yeah, that's the only one that I'm missing now too.

Actually, now that they've given away Gish & Aquaria as bonuses in recent bundles, the only games that I still need from HB1 are World of Goo, Penumbra: Overture & Lugaru HD. Samorost 2 was also a part of that bundle, but I got it in one of the packs that I bought on steam last Christmas sale.

It seems like for numbered bundles, they tend to give the previous numbered bundle away as a bonus. But in non numbered bundles, there's recently been a trend toward giving away individual games from past bundles. If that continues, we might be able to piece together the HB1 over time.

[quote name='lito88']Anyone has a extra copy?[/QUOTE]

I don't understand. The bundle was open for the last week or two and you wait until the day after it closes to see if anyone had an extra copy? Why didn't you just buy one a couple of days ago? You couldn't have asked for better value for $5.

bread's done
Back