Humble Bundle #4 Live!

[quote name='Darknuke']insta-buy here. Woo! No one can beat Humble Indie Bundle and no one ever will! Take that Indie Royale![/QUOTE]

[quote name='utopianmachine']Absolutely fabulous bundle. I owned Nightsky and Super Meat Boy, although SMB is on Xbox.

In for Jamestown, Shank, Bit Trip, and Cave Story+.

Seriously, this killed the recent, weak Indie Royale bundle.[/QUOTE]

Yeah! and no blind preorder!

I told myself yesterday that I was not buying anymore games until the winter sale............I didn't make it 12 hours.....

Anyone else having trouble with it processing? I've bought the bundles before just fine through amazon payment but now its just stuck at "waiting for amazon payments".

[quote name='powersurge']Anyone else having trouble with it processing? I've bought the bundles before just fine through amazon payment but now its just stuck at "waiting for amazon payments".[/QUOTE]

site is probably getting slammed. They already sold 100,000 more than the indieroyale bundle has. This is a good one.

i jumped allllll over this one, paid a few pennies over average and got space battles and cave story, not a bad set this year, the only game i already had was meat boy

here's hoping more games get added before the end

Shank is fantastic. Why the hell is it here? it was a published game. It's no more indie than Skyrim is (Actually, Skyrim was developed and published by the same group. Except for economics of scale, it's technically indie.).

Bit Trip Runner is a waste of everyone's time but Jamestown, Cave Story+, Shank are all great, even SMB is great fun too.

There should have been a link after you purchased the bundle even if you didn't get the email. I didn't get the official email but I clicked the link and sent the url to myself for later

If you do not get the code do not worry it happened to many of us.

Simply do this on the top right corner there is a lost key? button
Click that button and enter in your email
They will send you the links to all your humble bundles

They originally did not send me the link for this so simply request a lost key and get it almost right away.

Really damn good value. The only game I own is Shank :)ps3:). I've had my eyes on Jamestown for awhile and Super Meat Boy has always interested me. Checking out some of the reviews on Cave Story+ also has me super excited. Everything else is just icing on the cake. Can't be beat for $5.16.

is anyone else having trouble getting their steam keys on the humble bundle site? when i click get your steam keys it just goes to the top of the screen and does nothing.

I just bought the bundle and have a question. Would I be able to gift one of the games? I want to try and give super meat boy to a friend.

[quote name='Bulrog']I just bought the bundle and have a question. Would I be able to gift one of the games? I want to try and give super meat boy to a friend.[/QUOTE]

No. There are two Steam keys. One that unlocks all of the bundle main games and another for the two bonus games for paying above average. You also can't gift copies of duplicate bundle games on Steam if you already own them.

[quote name='Bulrog']I just bought the bundle and have a question. Would I be able to gift one of the games? I want to try and give super meat boy to a friend.[/QUOTE]

Just buy them the whole bundle. Or don't pay the average and give your friend the whole thing

Incredibundle.

payed 15.00

why? just look at the titles...
plus
I already have SMB.

God damn, I love these guys, Merry Christmas bitches!

The weakest game of the bundle is Gratuitous Space Battles. I just tried that and didn't care for it. I have yet to try Super Meat Boy but the others are great (although not a big fan of Shank).

Cave Story+ though is the real gem here. It's kinda like a Metroid game in a way, but more linear but with more of a story. It's got a cool art style, and phenomenal music. Seriously this is an indie game that feels like a $30-40 high end retail platformer. It's that great :D

This bundle is incredible.

Dear lord, they just sold over 161,000 bundles already in like what, one day.

Holy shit! Just noticed the bundle. Went in thinking "Oh great, yet another bundle. What crap games are in it this time?" Then I came. Was gonna buy SMB during the holiday sale. This saves me the trouble.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Shank is fantastic. Why the hell is it here? it was a published game. It's no more indie than Skyrim is (Actually, Skyrim was developed and published by the same group.[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Shank is fantastic. Why the hell is it here? it was a published game. It's no more indie than Skyrim is (Actually, Skyrim was developed and published by the same group. Except for economics of scale, it's technically indie.).

Bit Trip Runner is a waste of everyone's time but Jamestown, Cave Story+, Shank are all great, even SMB is great fun too.[/QUOTE]

I think economies of scale is what makes it an indie game, or any other game for that matter. I'm sure Skyrim had more then 4 or 5 people working on it.

I know I'm being pedantic but that's just such an arbitrary measure, to suddenly care about something more because it was made by a smaller group, that it's somehow more virtuous to make a big show of paying for these games made by a smaller team than a bigger one.

Nah, screw it, no sense doing this argument EVERY THREAD. Ignore me, I'm a rambling moron.

[quote name='Kaltic']No.[/QUOTE]
Bethesda did not both develop AND publish Skyrim?

Maybe I was unclear...

[quote name='RollingSkull']I know I'm being pedantic but that's just such an arbitrary measure, to suddenly care about something more because it was made by a smaller group, that it's somehow more virtuous to make a big show of paying for these games made by a smaller team than a bigger one.

Nah, screw it, no sense doing this argument EVERY THREAD. Ignore me, I'm a rambling moron.
[/QUOTE]

Come on now, you come into every one of these threads to talk about how crappy indie games are.:) I don't think it's virtuous, it's just nice to see that you can still make fun games on a small budget, that's all.

I've already downloaded a couple of the game files. However, some of the downloads are just hanging or won't even start. I guess I'll have to wait and download the rest later.

[quote name='cruzfactor']I've already downloaded a couple of the game files. However, some of the downloads are just hanging or won't even start. I guess I'll have to wait and download the rest later.[/QUOTE]
They sold 161,000 bundles in a day. They are probably getting slammed still. Give it a day or two maybe for it to die down.

[quote name='docvinh']Come on now, you come into every one of these threads to talk about how crappy indie games are.:) I don't think it's virtuous, it's just nice to see that you can still make fun games on a small budget, that's all.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't say that. This is a very good bundle... hell, it's downright exceptional, all things considered(If you swapped GSB, BTR, and Nightsky for stuff like VVVVVV and maybe one or two others, it would be one for the record books.). If only I hadn't already owned most of it.

[quote name='RollingSkull']If you swapped GSB, BTR, and Nightsky for stuff like VVVVVV and maybe one or two others, it would be one for the record books[/QUOTE]

Gratuitous Space Battles is probably the only game I don't already have (in some form) out of all the ones offered.

Nightsky was offered recently enough as part of the 2nd Indie Royale Bundle.

What I don't get is why replacing either of those games (new to HiB) with VVVVVV, a game that was already included in HiB3, would make this great (albeit superfluous to me) bundle better.

Maybe I'm just not understanding you?

It's already probably my favorite bundle of all time. It doesn't need any changes, besides that dumping the EFF for the Red Cross, more so at this time, is a lame move. At a time when we need the EFF more then anything, I can't see a worse time they could have done that.

[quote name='DeathByFRODO']so one code for all games? or each individual?[/QUOTE]

One code for the base bundle, one code for the beat the average bundle.

[quote name='DeathByFRODO']so one code for all games? or each individual?[/QUOTE]

One code for the core 5 and one code for the 2 extra if you beat the average.

Jamestown is a lot of fun and I'm not a huge shmup fan. The aesthetic is what appealed to me.

Shank is still giving me "Failed to contact Key server".

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Jamestown is a lot of fun and I'm not a huge shmup fan. [/QUOTE]

Agreed. The last level is pretty crazy though. I made it to the final boss on my last life and died. At least the levels are short so trying again isn't too big of a hassle.

[quote name='miroresh']This has to be one of the best bundles they've made. My first time buying one and dropped my $5.50 in the bucket![/QUOTE]

Agreed this is a slap to the face in what the Indie Bundle and other imitators try to sell. If they'd put up like the Humble Bundle does, I wouldn't be so harsh, but this thing was so full of awesome, I took all of 30 seconds to decide to get it (as long as it took the site to load up)

Very happy to have access to this one, I'd like to see them offer some of the older games from other bundles as I missed out on Bundle 2.

[quote name='Bios Element']It's already probably my favorite bundle of all time. It doesn't need any changes, besides that dumping the EFF for the Red Cross, more so at this time, is a lame move. At a time when we need the EFF more then anything, I can't see a worse time they could have done that.[/QUOTE]

I disagree, Red Cross does more good for people than EFF, while they fight for our rights, helping people out in crisis (who've lost their homes or were displaced) is more important than if I can play a game with no restrictions or lobbying congress for digital rights...

I usually don't give much to charity on these, but seeing the Red Cross being a major beneficiary persuaded me to give them more than 50% of my donation to charity (if it had been EFF and Child's Play they would likely have not gotten much from me)

Is there a forum for trading for these game keys (and from other bundles)? Would that just be under the stream trade thread or somewhere else?

bread's done
Back