Humble Bundle #4 Live!

[quote name='scottman']I thought you get locked in as getting everything in the future as long as you're above the average at time of purchase? Am I wrong?[/QUOTE]

You do. Pay above the average now - reap the benefits of all future additions.

I'm still waiting for the e-mail, but I imagine their servers are being overloaded.

Funny story: I've always had Cave Story as the one non-Steam game in my listing. (Even during the old days, when the Steam menu looked ugly with "Shortcuts" intermingling with the official purchases.) Now, with Cave Story+, it can be a full-fledged member of the library. My day has been made.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Funny story: I've always had Cave Story as the one non-Steam game in my listing. (Even during the old days, when the Steam menu looked ugly with "Shortcuts" intermingling with the official purchases.) Now, with Cave Story+, it can be a full-fledged member of the library. My day has been made.[/QUOTE]
I just had that same moment! This bundle is so, so excellent.

Holy crap this is an awesome bundle. I have shank on PSN but never played it so I don't mind buying it again.

After years of seeing it brought up in basically every PC deal I finally gotta ask: what is the benefit of attaching a game to your steam account?

[quote name='iamsmart']
After years of seeing it brought up in basically every PC deal I finally gotta ask: what is the benefit of attaching a game to your steam account?[/QUOTE]Steam has a community feature that lets you have a friends list to chat and game with your friends. Many games have achievements built into the steam community. Auto updates. It's very easy to install and uninstall games on Steam.

Steam just makes PC gaming easier for me I guess. It used to be a lot worse than it is now!

Mine is glitched or something. It keeps telling me my key has already been redeemed (?????) and that I can resend the key to my email address. I'm completely lost.

paid more to make sure to get cave story +

only game I have is SMB I think...amazing deal, better than buying a handful of iphone games and i almost bought cave story for wii/ds

I've been avoiding the other prior bundles, I don't think I've bought any for awhile (I know I skipped the Frozen Synapse one).

But this was too good to pass. Super Meat Boy was pretty fun, but the difficulty was too frustrating to justify paying full price. I wanted to get Jamestown since I passed on it I think last holiday sale on Steam. I'm sure the others will be fun, too.

it seems like there's one of these every few weeks. I'm going broke buying games I'll probably never play :whistle2:/

[quote name='HYDFDEMON']Wow, this bundle is the best one I've ever seen. BOUGHT.[/QUOTE]

AGREED! SMB, Cave Story, BTR are worth way more than the $5 average apiece!

What an insanely good bundle! I've been waiting to play most of these games and they tossed in Cave Story which just makes it even sweeter. Didn't think these guys could top themselves but they did with flying colors. :applause:

The last two of these went live while I was out to lunch. I very rarely go out to lunch on weekdays. Why do you do this to me, Humble Bundle?

This marks the first time many of these titles have been Mac compatible too.

Been waiting on Jamestown for Mac, and Cave Story + makes it worth the cost of admission.

Damnit, I'm not buying indie games any more. I bought Your Doodles Are bugged a few weeks before the Indie Gala came out, and I got Super Meat Boy this summer.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']Probably gonna regret not hitting minimum when they add something awesome, but already own CS+ and GSB. Oh well. I helped lower the average slightly for you guys![/QUOTE]

If they add something everyone who already purchased will get it, regardless of whether or not they met the average. Only new purchasers after the addition will have to pay more.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Do these work with a 360 wired controller?[/QUOTE]
Super Meat Boy and BIT.TRIP RUNNER definitely do, and since Shank started on XBLA, I'd assume it does as well.

I know that Shank and SMB do. When in doubt visit the steam page and look on the right side below the metascore and details. If a controller is supported it will say so along with where it lists things like single player, leaderboards, achievements, etc.

It's YMMV per game but if they don't work out of the box the program joy2key will make them work nicely.

Anyone know if NightSky is getting a Steam upadte for HD graphics? If so I will wait to play NightSky.

Also Cave Story+ is worth at least $20. I was just trying the PC version it and wow that game is just really good. It seriously rivals the best platformers out there.

Absolutely fabulous bundle. I owned Nightsky and Super Meat Boy, although SMB is on Xbox.

In for Jamestown, Shank, Bit Trip, and Cave Story+.

Seriously, this killed the recent, weak Indie Royale bundle.

I purchased the HIB for Shank, but what I'm actually getting a real kick out of is the Jamestown OST! Still trying to decide if Gratuitous Space Battles and Nightsky are worth my time? Anyone have favorable impressions on them?

[quote name='utopianmachine']Absolutely fabulous bundle. I owned Nightsky and Super Meat Boy, although SMB is on Xbox.

In for Jamestown, Shank, Bit Trip, and Cave Story+.

Seriously, this killed the recent, weak Indie Royale bundle.[/QUOTE]

The Indie Royale bundle wasn't nearly as bad as others have made it out to be (I've wanted the Blackwell games for quite a long time now but they never really go on sale as far as I can tell) but it wasn't a slam-dunk like HB#4 is. Holy cow, I was floored when I caught the news earlier today. My jaw went further toward the hot, molten core of the earth when I saw that Cave Story+ was part of the bundle.

Wow, this will be the first Humble Bundle I don't buy. I already have everything except for JamesTown and Gratuitous Space Battles and those both look like crap.

So I paid above the average price...and when I got home from work checked my keys and I didnt get the extra games......

edit

so apparently i wasnt over the average...donated a little more and got the keys

bread's done
Back