Humble Bundle Thread

Sliders is a good show, but the last season is terrible.. I'd suggest skipping that season
Hmm, never seen it. I think it got moved to cable or something midway through the show...we didn't have cable. I just remember one of the seasons ended with some big cliffhanger then I never got to see another episode.

agreed, it went downhill after they "enhanced" the show by adding a bustier actress.
Reverse 7 of 9 effect

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, never seen it. I think it got moved to cable or something midway through the show...we didn't have cable. I just remember one of the seasons ended with some big cliffhanger then I never got to see another episode.
OTA broadcasts got really damn irregular... not happening... happening in funny timeslots... Not quite as bad a Young Indiana Jones, but I gave up.

it airs Mondays at 2:00 AM CST on Hub. :)

they just started season 1 a few weeks ago though, so you might have to wait till next year for the premiere to re-air. :D
I watched that Youtube video and now that "sliders" is permanently etched on my brain. Thanks, Hamburglar!

Now Jerry O'Connell is reduced to this:

zKmySxn.png

OTOH, the Professor upgraded to this:

kI80K0l.png

agreed, it went downhill after they "enhanced" the show by adding a bustier actress.
It also reminded me that Sabrina Lloyd was cute but Kari Wuhrer (aka Tanya "Shake it, Baby!") is much hotter.

OTA broadcasts got really damn irregular... not happening... happening in funny timeslots... Not quite as bad a Young Indiana Jones, but I gave up.
That could be what happened to me.

Well this is weird. Bought my Popcap bundle, clicked the "Add your games" thing, nothing happened in Steam but Humble says it's linked. Tried restarting Steam, no games. Checked the store listing on Steam and it says I don't own 'em. Might have to nag Humble about it, first time one of their bundles fucked up for me.
Update on this. Sent an email that same day, got a reply saying "We reset your key, try again and if it doesn't work let us know!". Tried again. Same thing happened, which is to say none of the games showed up. Sent an email in reply that same day, still haven't gotten a reply from Humble yet all through today.

They took my dollar and I don't have any games to show for it, these devils.

this is actually done by networks when they don't want it and want to kill off a show. Keep changing the timeslot, then say it's not performing. I remember they did the same thing with Space Above and Beyond as well as Firefly in my area.

The Amnesia Fortnight 2014 prototype steam key is up. 1 link for all three.
Just confirmed with Waggles, the PWYW tier also unlocks the Pendleton Ward prototype as well. This is most likely a mistake, so redeem as soon as you can.

Dead within minutes. To answer Waggles' other question, yes, if Steam alters the contents of a subscription, they can remove games from your Steam library.

Just confirmed with Waggles, the PWYW tier also unlocks the Pendleton Ward prototype as well. This might be a mistake, so redeem as soon as you can.
Yikes, that BTA is still at $7, too. Nice screwup, humble :D.

Can they remove stuff redeemed through their links? I'd assume not, but the PW prototype wasn't in my account until at least 10 minutes after redeeming the link, so they're able to add stuff. Wonder if they can request removal, too.

Yikes, that BTA is still at $7, too. Nice screwup, humble :D.

Can they remove stuff redeemed through their links? I'd assume not, but the PW prototype wasn't in my account until at least 10 minutes after redeeming the link, so they're able to add stuff. Wonder if they can request removal, too.
They can modify the subscription activated by the key to remove things. In theory.

You guys paid good money for unfinished games?!?

Weirdos ;)
I bought this (and the 2012) bundle mainly for the high quality documentary videos that are included here. They provide great insight on how games are made at a big studio. Say what you want about the company, but few developers open their doors up to the public like Double Fine does. I consider the prototypes themselves to be more of a bonus, though still fun to mess around with.

Does anybody know if it's possible to register your steam copies of PopCap games on Origin to get them there as well? I already own the entire PopCap catalog on steam. So for me, the only motivation to buy the Humble weekly is to get the Origin codes.

I'd check myself, but I'm away from the computer that I have Origin installed on.

Does anybody know if it's possible to register your steam copies of PopCap games on Origin to get them there as well? I already own the entire PopCap catalog on steam. So for me, the only motivation to buy the Humble weekly is to get the Origin codes.

I'd check myself, but I'm away from the computer that I have Origin installed on.
I don't know, but Origin > Steam since you can redeem codes via the origin website

https://account.origin.com/cp-ui/redemption/index

I'm not sure if you mean just for this bundle, or for all PopCap games.

This bundle has Origin keys as well as Steam.

If you're looking to take PopCap games that you own on Steam and activate them on Origin, well you're out of luck. There are not keys to be viewed from within Steam on any PopCap game that I checked.

I'm not sure if you mean just for this bundle, or for all PopCap games.

This bundle has Origin keys as well as Steam.

If you're looking to take PopCap games that you own on Steam and activate them on Origin, well you're out of luck. There are not keys to be viewed from within Steam on any PopCap game that I checked.
Yeah, I was talking to spoder over chat and he called that to my attention. I'd have to call CS and hope that I get a generous CS rep who would activate all the games for me. Besides having to find just the right rep, I'd also have to prove that i actually do own those games. And I'm not entirely sure how I'd do that.

Yeah, I was talking to spoder over chat and he called that to my attention. I'd have to call CS and hope that I get a generous CS rep who would activate all the games for me. Besides having to find just the right rep, I'd also have to prove that i actually do own those games. And I'm not entirely sure how I'd do that.
Send them your steam log in info. Send it to me too.

I was going to comment that you guys are going to extreme lengths to have an extra copy of cheap bundle games which are already an extra copy in addition to the Steam copy but on a crappy service that everyone* hates. Then I remembered where I am. Carry on.

*It's hyberbole. Get over it.

I was going to comment that you guys are going to extreme lengths to have an extra copy of cheap bundle games which are already an extra copy in addition to the Steam copy but on a crappy service that everyone* hates. Then I remembered where I am. Carry on.

*It's hyberbole. Get over it.
Well, to be fair.. most of us don't do that. It's The End, he buys an extra copy of every bundle to activate on his alt account which he never uses.

Well, to be fair.. most of us don't do that. It's The End, he buys an extra copy of every bundle to activate on his alt account which he never uses.
You know you are taking digital hoarding to extremes when you have an alternate Origin account.

It's not like they have cards or anything.

You know you are taking digital hoarding to extremes when you have an alternate Origin account.

It's not like they have cards or anything.
I meant an alternate Steam account, I don't know if he has an alternate Origin account, but it wouldn't surprise me lol. I have an alt Steam account that I use for idling games for cards, but I never buy extra bundles for it.

lol, I actually do have an Origin Alt account. I created it during the Origin "Fall Sale" a year ago because I was a bit worried that they might axe all the accounts that took advantage of the glitch. All of the games that I grabbed ended up in the Origin Humble bundle though. So the account became useless. It has pretty much been abandoned at this point.

Oh and I do usually buy extra copies of bundles for my alt steam account. But I only do that with bundles that I can get for around a buck (with the occasional extra happy hour IG bundle thrown in there). Even I'm not crazy enough to buy a copy of this bundle for my alt steam/origin account though. Which is why I was hoping that I could just cheap out and have Origin add the games that I already own to my account over there.

[SIZE=12pt]tldr: I may be stupid and or crazy, but even I have my limits. [/SIZE]

Alt G4WL account?
Alt capsule account?
But do you have an Uplay alt account? ;)
The joke's on all of you. I am actually The End's alt CAG account. Endless alt hoarding, commence.

[attachment=3593:2660993-yo_dawg.jpg]

I have a Lumina 521 as a backup phone... but I'm still laughing.

(Actually I have the impression that it nails the key mainsteam features fine. I'm some cranky retrogrough who demands things like an accessible filesystem, the ability to mount a network file system, etc.)

[quote name="Motoki" post="11593596" timestamp="1394322492"]You know you are taking digital hoarding to extremes when you have an alternate Origin account.

It's not like they have cards or anything.[/quote]

But do you have an Uplay alt account? ;)

Alt G4WL account?
I alt accounts of these, too. I need somewhere to activate my alt Steam acct's EA, Ubisoft, and GFWL games. Duh!

Can you buy more than 1 bundle on a account and register them to different steam account?

I got the popup one for myself but im buying my girlfriend a laptop for her birthday and id like to make her a steam account and put the same popcap bundle on it for a surprise since she would love those games.

Can you buy more than 1 bundle on a account and register them to different steam account?

I got the popup one for myself but im buying my girlfriend a laptop for her birthday and id like to make her a steam account and put the same popcap bundle on it for a surprise since she would love those games.
I believe you can, although you will have to first unlink your Steam account and link hers before you can redeem the games.

Just create a gift link (press the present button on the right side instead of the Steam icon on the left). Or just buy it as a gift from the front page.

Revealing post on Humble Bundle proceeds from Pocketwatch Games, makers of Monaco (via RockPaperShotgun).

Things that I found interesting (green text are quotes from the blog post by Andy Schatz of Pocketwatch):

1. "Of the 493,000 bundles sold, 370,034 of them included Monaco.  Of those, 270,677 have activated their Steam keys.  Interestingly, this means three quarters of the Humble customers beat the average." - So HIB11 had 75% of purchases BTA. That's pretty amazing, given that three of the heavy hitters (Dust, Guacamelee, Gianna) were in the $1 tier.

2. "Distribution of revenue typically ends up being the default distribution of 65% developers, 20% charity, 15% humble tip." - Most buyers either don't care about the sliders, or don't even know they're there.

3. "With 6 developers, plus the mid-week additions of Fez, Starseed Pilgrim, and BeatBuddy, that’s around 8% per developer." - So the % of the proceeds that go to the devs are split about evenly among them.

4. "Monaco grossed approximately $215,000 over the course of the Humble Bundle." - So putting your game in a bundle (albeit one of the most successful bundles ever) can be very lucrative. This along with factoid #5 below suggests that devs that bundle their games to get onto Steam via Greenlight are definitely doing the right thing, and NOT giving the bundle buyers a Steam key is definitely the WRONG thing. (ie, the bundle people are not a significant % of the people that might buy your game on Steam at retail or even at 50% off).

5. "Despite the huge number of units that we sold in the Humble Bundle, it doesn’t appear that our presence in the HIB affected our day-to-day Steam revenue. Why is this?  My guess is that customers tend to be loyal to sales channels.  Customers that buy from Humble Bundle tend to only buy indie games from there, and customers that buy full priced games on Steam probably don’t know about — or don’t care about — Humble Bundle." - Most surprising to me, and in the end I think I agree. CAG, Slickdeals and similar communities are pretty much outliers and are a miniscule niche of the game-buying universe. The vast majority of people on Steam still behave like brick-and-mortar store customers - want game, buy game now if price now is acceptable. A small % of buyers will put off a purchase and wait for a Steam sale, and an even smaller  % are of the "75% off or GTFO" mentality.

bread's done
Back