Humble Bundle Thread

I never thought of it that way.

You're completely right. This discussion isn't at all a waste of time and Idiotekque really should keep going.
Man, I so totally gilby'ed this argument. Oh well, I guess I'll wait a couple of months and mention the words "Borderlands" or "Portal" again and see what happens. :whistle2:

So, no Humble Weekly indeed.

We've already established Humble Day Drinking for bad bundles.  What about for missing bundles?

Screen_Shot_2014_08_14_at_11_09_34_AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
No weekly? Next week has to be HIB 12! :pray:

$1 tier:

Spelunky

Gunpoint

Don't Starve

Gone Home

BTA:

Papers, Please

Rogue Legacy

Outlast

Other candidates:

The Stanley Parable

Steamworld Dig

Knock-Knock

Because so many times that person who is being told by someone else they are a completely idiot and their entire viewpoint is wrong suddenly has an epiphany and realizes guy on the internet calling them an idiot full of shit is completely right and they totally change their mind. Yep, happens all the time.
I dunno, I have. If someone has a valid point and offers it in a civil, educated fashion, I've changed my mind many times. Not everyone on the internet just argues to be a raging asstard. I think this topic has been relatively interesting. I'm blunt on the internet, but when the subject is interesting it's sort of fun to see different peoples' opinions and throw them back and forth. There's a difference between just arguing over pointless shit and debating via offering differing opinions and points and backing them up. Bruticis just argues, most other people here like Syntax and Hal debate relatively civilly, and it's fine.

Of course this time around, everyone was wrong and should die in a fire, but still.

And how many minds were changed about rpgs in this recent, err, discussion? What's that? 0?

I think that's one of those perception disconnect things where everyone thinks they would be open to changing their minds but in reality what constitutes 'a valid point' is basically the opinion that they went in with.

It's like this study I read about once were people were asked about cellphone habits and over 90% said they thought other people were rude and obnoxious on their cellphones in public but over 90% of respondents also felt they were not rude or obnoxious when they used their cellphones publicly.

Everyone likes to think of themselves as reasonable and rational so people are always going to say they are open to changing their mind in an argument but the actual percentage of times that truly happens in internet arguments us quite low in my observation.

Now I'm sure someone will come behind and attempt to discredit this because hey it's an internet argument. I'm not budging though because unlike everyone else I'm perfectly willing to admit to being stubborn and irrational. :p

And how many minds were changed about rpgs in this recent, err, discussion? What's that? 0?

I think that's one of those perception disconnect things where everyone thinks they would be open to changing their minds but in reality what constitutes 'a valid point' is basically the opinion that they went in with.

It's like this study I read about once were people were asked about cellphone habits and over 90% said they thought other people were rude and obnoxious on their cellphones in public but over 90% of respondents also felt they were not rude or obnoxious when they used their cellphones publicly.

Everyone likes to think of themselves as reasonable and rational so people are always going to say they are open to changing their mind in an argument but the actual percentage of times that truly happens in internet arguments us quite low in my observation.

Now I'm sure someone will come behind and attempt to discredit this because hey it's an internet argument. I'm not budging though because unlike everyone else I'm perfectly willing to admit to being stubborn and irrational. :p
You're right. Except I have a friend that thinks his cell phone use is completely in control, but can't hear anything when he uses it. It's amazing. I wish I had those mad skills.

He's so bad we've mad a rule not to use our phones when going out (mostly to eat). He still uses his phone. No one else does. Some people (the entire internet) are stupid.

I have no clue where this was going. I just wanted to bitch about this guy.

More bitching below:

EDIT: To make it Steam related - Last week, I told aforementioned guy about Steam family sharing and how he can play pretty much all my games at no cost, since he got a new computer. I tried about 3 times, once telling him, once a video, and finally a "seriously," but he walked away and got distracted in different ways. (Walked away to use restroom w/o saying anything, got onto Vine, and picked up some manga I got from the library.) Why do I still hang out with him? I probably don't. Haven't heard from him for a week b/c I ditched him for being late to the DBZ premiere. Took my 60 year old Dad instead.

All my dad can say now is "if you want to save the world, you better have some damn pudding"

4d4cfbc1011ba967f1924ccb96439cb6d36f9a36c1ded29539b4ba446225fea7.jpg

I'll totally cop to debating just for the sake of debating. I mean, I believed what I said and all, but it's not a topic I actually care about aside from the entertainment of arguing on the internet. So in that respect I was definitely being stubborn in that I could have said "Ok, sure" with no perceived harm.

I dunno, I think Syntax's and Hal's view of seeing the core of some games like Borderlands and Torchlight as being focused on action > RPG, thus seeing them only RPG in part and not at the root, as valid points. Doesn't mean I don't agree with them, but they're still valid points.

I'm stubborn as well too. I don't take internet arguments that seriously, I just like going back and forth about some subjects now and then, and if it rustles from feathers, then someone's feathers are too easily rustle-able.

That includes yourself I assume.
That goes without saying.

Man Idiotekque you still think SAMing for playfire rewards is exactly the same thing as pirating and still haven't backed down from that point even though it's become something of a local meme among PC CAGs.

Sometimes I feel awkward because I'm not constantly fidgeting with my phone, like everyone around me. Then I remember I'm the only sane one.

Man Idiotekque you still think SAMing for playfire rewards is exactly the same thing as pirating and still haven't backed down from that point even though it's become something of a local meme among PC CAGs.
Reported.

Diablo isn't an RPG, kids. FO3 is a fucking abomination that I wouldn't even call a game, much less an RPG.
Blerggghh. I love fo3 but whatevar.

My personal feeling about what makes an rpg an rpg is that the player can insert themself in the character's shoes and...role play...for lack of a better phrase. The character is *you* not a protagonist whose actions are pre-conceptualized by a design team. You interact with the world the way you want - pick who you want to help, who you want to kill, whether you'll be good or evil, etc. Games like Borderlands and Diablo don't have that aspect. They have the stats side of an RPG, which I really think is a tertiary aspect because fucking every game there is has leveling up now.

New Humble Store Daily Deal:

Other Humble Store sales:

Total War Weekend:

I just go by what the dev classifies their game as.  They seem pretty accurate.  I don't like RPGs and I tend not to like most games labeled RPG, aRPG, etc.  

I just go by what the dev classifies their game as. They seem pretty accurate. I don't like RPGs and I tend not to like most games labeled RPG, aRPG, etc.
What about Realm of Zombies: Eternal Zombie Night? The only game where you get to design stats for your zombie party and go on adventures with other zombies to save the Zombie Kingdom from the zombie onslaught and save the Eternal Zombie Night with your Eternal Zombie Knight?

did someone mention fallout 3? that's definitely an rpg, i mean you do play a role

the role being some poor guy trapped in a nightmarish hellscape where nothing makes sense and the average IQ of the local populace is somewhere between 2 and potato

I wanted to mention Fallout 3/NV multiple times throughout this little soiree, but I figured it would be best to only argue about one FPS being an RPG at a time. Plus then Tripjack might magically appear ...
did someone mention fallout 3? that's definitely an rpg, i mean you do play a role

the role being some poor guy trapped in a nightmarish hellscape where nothing makes sense and the average IQ of the local populace is somewhere between 2 and potato
I hate being right so often.

New Humble Flash Bundle - Rhythm:

• Probability 0
  • Electronic Super Joy: Groove City
Beat the Average for:

• Electronic Super Joy + Bonus Content
  • Runner 2 + Good Friends Character Pack
Pay $7 or more for:

• Kickbeat Steam Edition

New Humble Store Daily Deal:

Other Humble Store sales:

And bought for the Groove City DLC.

I already have ESJ and its soundtrack, don't care for the Runner stuff, and Kickbeat is tempting... but I'll wait for a sale.

Edit: Ooh, you also get a Soundtrack DLC key for Steam along with the FLAC / MP3 archive at Humble!

bread's done
Back