Humble Bundle Thread

I still have tabs open for Shadow Man and Steam Marines.  Anyone actually played these?  Worth a purchase?  Steam Marines has been on my wishlist for a while but the reviews don't look great.

y???

y????

y?????

y??????
hqdefault.jpg

You might be seeing a game that had a higher discount during a flash sale than its daily sale.  Other than that, no sales have been repeated, as far as I can tell.

Seems like they're repeating some of the sales or maybe I don't understand the format of the front page.
Or maybe the sales just suck because everything that's at a price we would pay has already been bundled, and everything in the almost-want-it-for-the-price zone will end up in a bundle anyway.

I seem to remember Spoder saying he liked it, though I don't think he'd be in his right mind if he said anything was worth buying at full price.

Anyhow it's been on sale a number of times so no need to go all Fakeybro.

It's a 2D side-scroller rendered in silhouette style like LIMBO. The difference between the games is that this one employs tribal themes as well as the ability to switch from positive to negative energy, like Ikaruga. It's mostly a puzzle-based platformer that is easy enough to breeze through, but it requires a fair amount of backtracking because there isn't a set path. It's also better with a controller.

Light on story, dialogue, and music. Buy it at 75% off or more.

how's the Outland? Worth buying @ full price?
I pretty much agree with spoder and Blade. It's a really fun platformer mixed with elements of something like Ikaruga. Boss battles were a real highlight of the game for me. Online Co-op through the story was great, although I don't really recommend the optional co-op challenges, as they're more frustrating than rewarding.

The Humble Sale was the third time in recent memory that the game's been 75% off, so it will likely hit that price again soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
the real twist is: only the Steam version (which is $19.99 instead of $1.99) will be updated.
You know, I thought you were making a joke and being a smartass and I was like Oh ha ha. And then I looked and, really? I mean, fucking really?

TUG is provided as a direct download with accompanying TUG key. For key redemption, please register here for a free TUG account. To purchase the game via a Steam key, please visit Nerd Kingdom's Early Access page here.
And pay 10x as much.

This shit's a new low. I bet some people buy it too thinking they get a Steam key and don't read the fine print.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, I Gilby'd a survival game?  Still not sure I would have bought it because it's not necessarily my type of survival game (no zombies or apocalypse).  Looks sort of like Landmark and a little cartoony.  Humble doesn't have the most readily apparent DRM identifiers IMO.  I had to ask earlier how to know if a game they sold came with both a DRM-Free and Steam copy so I'm familiar with it now.  I do think most people expect both on Humble now, but I don't mind this dev's approach.  Put a non-Steam copy for super cheap acknowledging that a Steam key is really the value here.  I'd probably wouldn't mind paying $1-2 to basically demo games off of Steam as a semi-fakeybro.  Also, I think even this version should be getting all the updates.  I didn't see anything saying otherwise. 

Well I just sunk 5 hours into Rollers of the Realm... it's awesome.  It's a really well done Pinball RPG, in the current Humble Weekly's BTA tier.

Well I just sunk 5 hours into Rollers of the Realm... it's awesome. It's a really well done Pinball RPG, in the current Humble Weekly's BTA tier.
Damn you Ashes, you just made up my mind that it would have been worth it to BTA last week when I had a tab open at $3.51 or something. Now, of course, it's over $5. Guess I'm waiting with spoder.

bread's done
Back