Humble Bundle Thread

They basically did what Grandia II did when it launched on Steam recently (they've since fixed it) and what Meta Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain shipped on it's retail discs. Just the installer without game data.

Probably no one gave enough of a crap about running Deadly Premonition on the PC outside of Steam until now to notice.

Or they did and Humble didn't give a carp.

That possibility did occur to me.

I've seen CAGs complain about $1 bundles even when they have good unbundled games. We're cheap. We complain. It's our identity.

I was holding out for a Telltale Humble bundle, but ended up buying these games in the store for about three times what I hope I would have paid for that bundle.
You paid what, $16 for Telltale's last 4 releases, so you were hoping for a humble bundle with that for $5? Maybe 2-3 years from now, but thinking that's coming anytime in the next 6 months is MysterD levels of delusional.

They basically did what Grandia II did when it launched on Steam recently (they've since fixed it) and what Meta Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain shipped on it's retail discs. Just the installer without game data.

Probably no one gave enough of a crap about running Deadly Premonition on the PC outside of Steam until now to notice.

Or they did and Humble didn't give a carp.
I'll tweet the issue w/ missing files for DP out to Humble.

EDIT:

And...done.

So, let's see how long it takes for them to catch that tweet, if they do...

Or if they even feel like fixing the issue themselves...

Last edited by a moderator:
You paid what, $16 for Telltale's last 4 releases, so you were hoping for a humble bundle with that for $5? Maybe 2-3 years from now, but thinking that's coming anytime in the next 6 months is MysterD levels of delusional.
Patrick-Bateman-77.jpg

What was in the first Telltale Humble? It was at a BTA around $3, as I recall. Eidos had a bunch of newish releases in a $6 tier. There have been plenty of bundles with really surprising lists of games.

Yeah, I may not have expected exactly these games for $6, but I was waiting for a bundle on them. Yet I went for this sale. I'm sure I'm not alone. Humble and Telltale did quite well here.

Okay CAGs love to complain. I'm complaining about you now Gilby. So be right on the internet and STFU.

kthxbai

What was in the first Telltale Humble? It was at a BTA around $3, as I recall. Eidos had a bunch of newish releases in a $6 tier. There have been plenty of bundles with really surprising lists of games.

Yeah, I may not have expected exactly these games for $6, but I was waiting for a bundle on them. Yet I went for this sale. I'm sure I'm not alone. Humble and Telltale did quite well here.
$1 tier:

Back to the Future: The Game
Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse
Poker Night at the Inventory
Hector: Badge of Carnage
Puzzle Agent
Puzzle Agent 2
Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures

BTA:

The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead was the newest game in the bundle (the final episode was released on December 2012.) Wallace and Gromit was from 2009.

I'm surprised they've hung onto the Back to the Future license this long. I think that's due to be delisted in the near future.

Damn, now I'm getting that Broforce remorse. Would have gone great with Gods, Ronin, Titan Souls, and Not a Hero.
At least we know all of those will be in $1 tier Humble bundles eventually, and 90% off on Steam since it's Devolver. They're taking their time with discounting Broforce though, maybe because it's still in EA.

Tom Clancy Bundle with a massive $75 tier to get a shirt and R6 Siege.

I can sit this one out. Im glad. Even the dollar tier is blah. Blah in that I own the good games already lol.

I actually like the Tom Clancy games and I prefer my games off of Steam so this might be a winner for me.  I would do $10 but I already have the Ghost Recon game.  Hmmm.

New Humble Bundle - Tom Clancy:

• Rainbow Six
  • Rainbow Six 3 Gold (Raven Shield/ Athena Sword)
  • Rainbow Six Vegas
  • Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
  • Ghost Recon
  • Rainbow Six Siege Multiplayer Beta
Beat the Average for the above and:

• Rainbow Six Vegas 2
  • Splinter Cell Conviction Deluxe Edition
  • Splinter Cell
Pay $10 or more for all of the above and:

• Splinter Cell Blacklist
  • Ghost Recon: Future Solider
Pay $75 or more for everything above and:

• Rainbow Six Siege
  • Rainbow Six Siege T-shirt
  • 66% off up to any three Ubisoft titles Humble Store coupon
Humble Store End of Summer Sale (Day 5):

I actually like the Tom Clancy games and I prefer my games off of Steam so this might be a winner for me. I would do $10 but I already have the Ghost Recon game. Hmmm.
Blacklist is great too. Well, great compared to Conviction, which I didnt hate but it just is wonky.

If you do the $10 tier, find someone who wants Future Soldier, I imagine theres someone who does. Thats a decent game but $5 is the price its been before on Steam.

These Uplay bundles have actually had a reverse effect on me, after I saw that they only bundle Uplay keys (unless the game requires Steam), I've been buying up all of the Steam versions instead. Even at these prices, I'd rather own them on steam.

If anyone's curious, I think Splinter Cell Conviction, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and Ghost Recon Future Soldier are the only games that require Uplay if bought from Steam. All of the others should have no extra DRM on Steam.

Spoder is asking me to strip on Uplay chat. I feel violated.
That's probably the most action Uplay chat got ever.

Tebow messaged me once on Origin chat. Didn't ask me to strip tho, just called me a bad boi that needed to go back to my spanking cage.

Ghost Recon Future Soldier is missing the exclusive deluxe edition DLC, along with the season pass dlc. AFAIK you can't upgrade to the deluxe edition, so keep that in mind.

Splinter Cell Conviction is also missing some DLC (not included in deluxe) which can be bought separately.

Eh to be honest I really like stealth games and don't have any of these on PC (really liked Splinter Cell 1 when it was new). Link em all in the Steam Library and it's not that much of a hassle. 1 dollar co-op Splinter Cell!

Plus one day if this all goes down like GFWL they MIGHT turn them into steam games :]

Since we're CAGS gotta wait for that BTA to drop doe

I penny'd in at $6.43 (appeared briefly during the first ~5 min of the bundle). $1 tier seems solid enough so I may bump up my purchase down the road.

Awesome bundle - especially in the $1 tier. Probably at least buying that.

I need to check to see if any of these older retail keys activate up on UPLAY.

EDIT:

Retail keys that did not work onto UPLAY = SC: Chaos Theory + Double Agent; R6: Lockdown; R6 Vegas 1 + 2; GRAW 1 & 2.

Retail games w/ just disc-checks, but no game-key = R6 3: Raven Shield. 

GRAW 1+2 keys don't work either.
Bleh. They suck at making Legacy games activate onto UPLAY.

Even Origin does a better job than Ubi at this.

EDIT:

I'll check my GRAW keys, as well.

Those didn't work; and Ubi just temp. knocked me off UPLAY for too many failed game-activations. LOL.

AFAIK no pre-UPlay release games will redeem to UPlay. They aren't like Origin in that regard.

No idea if you can call their outsourced customer service and get them to manually add it to your account like you (sometimes) can with EA but I kind of doubt it.

If they even have a number they'd probably get all snooty and French on your ass and hang up on you.

AFAIK no pre-UPlay release games will redeem to UPlay. They aren't like Origin in that regard.

No idea if you can call their outsourced customer service and get them to manually add it to your account like you (sometimes) can with EA but I kind of doubt it.

If they even have a number they'd probably get all snooty and French on your ass and hang up on you.
The funny thing is that several grey market CD key stores say they sell uplay keys for GRAW 1+2. So where'd those come from?

I've seen the games get re-released in those cheapy CD case-sized cardboard "eco" boxes over the years. I wonder if those keys work... but if they do then why don't my older keys?

Ubisoft doesn't even sell GRAW 1+2 anymore, so.

I see a lot of butthurt and entitlement here. Ubisoft quietly decided to go with their own digital platform in UPlay as with EA's Origin years ago. I don't see any press release for it but with their recent and upcoming games going through the UPlay interface, it looks like it is definitely going in that direction. It's nice to have some sort of competition with Steam. 

I see a lot of butthurt and entitlement here. Ubisoft quietly decided to go with their own digital platform in UPlay as with EA's Origin years ago. I don't see any press release for it but with their recent and upcoming games going through the UPlay interface, it looks like it is definitely going in that direction. It's nice to have some sort of competition with Steam.
How much does Ubisoft pay you?

Seriously, I have never. EVER. Seen a single person say that Uplay is good. EVER. And quietly? Seriously? They even bundle that crap in their console games. All it does is give people grief. It's almost as bad as GFWL!

bread's done
Back