Humble Bundle Thread

Titan Souls is $3.75 hmm. I think I got it from PSN+ though. Can't remember I just grab that shit and ignore it.
My PSN+ has been lapsed for about a year now. I know I have Rogue Legacy on there, but I'd have to pay like $40 for another year of it. That's why I'll likely be getting it on Amazon after slowbro credit.

So bros, is Life is Strange Ep. 1 worth $1?  That's all I'd really be getting the $1 tier for.  I'm afraid I get it and then there's a deal on the entire season but those only needing 2-5 get screwed.   

It might be worth the $1 to try it and see if you want the rest. If that is the only thing in the $1 tier you don't own though I dunno if I would. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So bros, is Life is Strange Ep. 1 worth $1? That's all I'd really be getting the $1 tier for. I'm afraid I get it and then there's a deal on the entire season but those only needing 2-5 get screwed.
It's not worth playing without the rest of the season. If you're going to buy the rest at like 50%, get the episode for a dollar. If you're waiting for the rest to get dirt cheap, you might as well just wait and eventually get the complete season together.

I also thought the first episode was the most boring of the five.

The other problem with only buying LiS Ep 1 is....it's really a set-up episode - sets the scene & the characters; and a few things happen. So by the end of it, you WILL likely want MORE. 

The only good thing is - well...one episode down; four to go.

So bros, is Life is Strange Ep. 1 worth $1? That's all I'd really be getting the $1 tier for. I'm afraid I get it and then there's a deal on the entire season but those only needing 2-5 get screwed.
No. They should pay you a dollar to play that emo shit.

It's worth a buck just so you can tell Brut all about your exciting left wing adventures.

Well I BTA for the first time in forever.  Figured $4.66 for Dyscourse and Read Only Memories was a lot better than the $13.XX that their all time Steam lows are combined.  Lumino City and The Next Penelope seem interesting as well (already have Apotheon on PSN).

Anyone has a spare/unwanted Final Fantasy code from humble bundle (preferably EU, but NA is also fine)?

I've brought a bundle, but must have shown up from the wrong region or something and didn't get the Final Fantasy code :(

Really bumped out, this was the whole reason I'm buying the bundle :)

Ugh, been waiting forever for Apotheon to be bundled... it is and it would be cheaper just to buy it on sale. Anyone play the other stuff? Any off it worth owning or should I head to the code thread?

Ugh, been waiting forever for Apotheon to be bundled... it is and it would be cheaper just to buy it on sale. Anyone play the other stuff? Any off it worth owning or should I head to the code thread?
I don't know about the rest, but I thought Read Only Memories was alright. It's a 6 hour very easy point and click with a decent story. I felt the only major negative was that some of it really comes across as the dev just trying to promote his SJW ideals.

I just grabbed the Doctor Who bundle. It seems that someone at Humble doesn't know the difference between Big Fish and Big Finish, so at least we know it's not motoki running the show over there.

%25255BUNSET%25255D.png

EDIT: Oh, by the way, as a pubic service announcement, the Eye Candy 4 only has soundtracks for Dyscourse, Dark Dreams Don't Die, and The Next Penelope and only the last of these in FLAC.

Humble Square Enix 3 Bundle

$1

• The Last Remnant
  • Life Is Strange Episode 1
  • Tomb Raider I,II+III
  • Murdered: Soul Suspect
BTA

• Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn ***Square Enix key, not Steam
  • Just Cause Collection (JC1 + JC2 + Complete DLC)
  • Front Mission Evolved
  • Gyromancer
  • Yosumin
  • 20% off Just Cause 3
  • 33% off Life Is Strange Season pass
  • more games coming soon
$13 $8.99 (changed sometime within 12 hours of launch)

• Lara Croft & Temple of Osiris
  • Tomb Raider 2013 GOTY Edition
  • Hitman Absolution Elite Edition
Week 2 BTA additions:

• Tomb Raider: Anniversary
  • Tomb Raider: Legend
  • Tomb Raider: Underworld

I expected them to give some other games, not the TR stuff a lot of us already owned on Steam, before they started adding the DOSBox stuff.

Also, there's going to be a new Humble Monthly on Friday.

I think Humble would be better off doing hints for these bundles, even if they don't reveal all the games or make the hints as obvious as the first time. Get people talking and guessing to spread interest, unless Humble's goal is to just have people subscribe and forget.

I'm delighted with the bonuses. It's means that I won't regret skipping this bundle and grabbing the two games that I was missing off of Tremor.

All bundles should follow one of two paths. Either give me a bunch of games that I don't have, or fill the bundle full of repeats so I can skip it with no regrets.

The other Tomb Raider games were a given for this bundle. Hitman and Deus Ex games have been featured in past bundles, so you knew they'd have to add the rest of Tomb Raider.

This bundle is much better than the Square Enix bundle direct from the publisher for $10. It's definitely a big "fuck you" to buyers of that turd. Hope you all remember not to buy it next year.

This bundle is much better than the Square Enix bundle direct from the publisher for $10. It's definitely a big "fuck you" to buyers of that turd. Hope you all remember not to buy it next year.

Nobody will remember.

It is a bad deal that SE gave us all a big middle finger with that mystery shit. Humble bundle for a $1 less with 15 more games but it is missing FF XIII and Thief :roll: . The Humble coupons are even better, SE direct coupons were 10% off Life is Strange season and 10% off Just Cause 3.

Alright, I know Fox is going to make fun of me for this but I have listened to literally every Doctor Who audio drama there is, and I think everyone should wait for next week's reveals before buying the BTA. And the top tier doesn't have enough worth.

The Sirens of Time, Phantasmagoria, and Whispers of Terror are all great stories for a dollar (or a penny). The Fearmonger in the BTA tier is the best out of the selection revealed so far, and it really shows off McCoy's acting skills. The Land of the Dead introduces an old villain (which I won't name, since it would ruin the plot) and Genocide Machine is also decent. Plus, more dramas to be added later. If we're lucky, we'll get the whole alternate universe arc, but even the Zagreus stories would be good enough.

The first 100 audio dramas were all pretty good, the next 100 not so much. I wasn't fond of the Thomas Brewster series. The Levchenka series wasn't bad, and it got by with McCoy's help. Angel of Mercy series was okay, but it gets convoluted and hard to follow at the end. My absolute favorites are "Red" and "..Ish."

I haven't seen Torchwood, so I haven't listened to any of those stories yet, but I've listened to everything else in the canon and can say the BTA is shaping up to be a good investment. Main Series, Jago & Litefoot, Unbound (hated it), Gallifrey, Cyberman, Dalek Empire, Bernice Summerfield, Sarah Jane Smith, Charlotte Pollard, etc--listened to all of 'em.
You're such a nerd.

Even if they remember they won't care because the prospect of a mystery box holds too much temptation. Poopees knows this well. If you want to sell a shitty bundle just don't tell people what's in it and they'll buy it in droves.
A boat's a boat but the mystery box could be anything. It could even be a boat!

The Humble Weekly Bundle: RiffTrax

$1 for:

• Batman Takes Over: Episode 1
  • Nat Geo Total Rip Off: Demon Bat
  • Measuring Man

BTA for:

• RiffTrax Live: Manos the Hands of Fate
  • Plan 9 from Outer Space
  • Birdemic

$12 or more:

• Super Mario Bros.
  • Rifftrax Live: Sharknado

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

All films are delivered via keys redeemable at RiffTrax and can be downloaded or streamed. Current BTA is $9.39.

Pretty good deal. Most rifftrax VODs are $10. Worth setting up an account there if you're into this stuff, they send me one or two $10 store credits each year.

This was going to be the "Ignore MST3K is coming back, Joel Hodgson isn't the only original cast member still alive and we need to eat also" Bundle but the title was too long.

Honestly nice to see Humble try something different for the Weekly though.  Probably in for it all as that average has already been destroyed to the point where there is no reason to not pay $12.

bread's done
Back