Humble Bundle Thread

Pretty solid $1 tier for FIretop Mountain and Hand of Fate. Already have HoF personally, but those appear to be two solid entries for $1. The rest of it doesn't look too great, but that's more money in my pocket for the next one. 

EDIT: [Blade did a fancier one, so go look at his listing.]

FWIW, Warlock is Tin Man's fancier version of its gamebook adaptations with a 3D map and animations. This is the one that they Kickstarted way back when. It hasn't been bundled or on sale cheaper than $10. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That feeling when you play the BTA F5 game and then quickly realize you already own everything in the bundle, except for one game in the dollar tier.   :whistle2:|

a $3 BTA? Yeesh... That's ridiculously low. Like - lower than the Mobile Bundle low.

Is this bundle really THAT bad? Or are some people protesting due to the IGN buyout?

That feeling when you play the BTA F5 game and then quickly realize you already own everything in the bundle, except for one game in the dollar tier. :whistle2:|
tfw you already know you're not going to buy anything in the bundle and you keep playing the F5 game anyway

(IT'S THE ONLY GAME I EVER PLAY)

a $3 BTA? Yeesh... That's ridiculously low. Like - lower than the Mobile Bundle low.

Is this bundle really THAT bad? Or are some people protesting due to the IGN buyout?
No, it's just that Humble/IGN screwed up and put the most attractive games in this bundle in the $1 tier. Most people are thus only buying that tier, which drives down the average.

No offense, because I honestly had the same idea briefly, but people protesting something by buying it (even at a low price) is probably the stupidest thing I'll hear this month.

It's a quality bundle, but anybody who regularly buys humble bundles will own most of these.

All of $1 tier except Warlock and I believe both Hacknet and Armello are rebundles. It's still a good $1 tier but the rest is nothing anyone's likely to be too excited about.

IlyQ491.png

Outsourcing rules :whistle2:

Up until now Hurtworld was holding its value.  Sellers were buying keys for quite a bit more than I sold mine for back when it was a monthly headliner.

Wasnt hurtworld a monthly headliner at one point. Im assuming that early access game is dead.
Screencheat - Humble Surprise Attack, Humble Jumbo Bundle 4

Hand of Fate - Humble Extra Credits, Humble Staff Picks: Hamble, Humble Freedom Bundle

Satellite Reign - Humble Monthly July 2016

Hacknet - Humble Monthly December 2016, Humble Very Positive Bundle

Crawl - Humble Monthly May 2016

Hurtworld - Humble Monthly July 2016

Screencheat - Humble Surprise Attack, Humble Jumbo Bundle 4

Hand of Fate - Humble Extra Credits, Humble Staff Picks: Hamble, Humble Freedom Bundle

Satellite Reign - Humble Monthly July 2016

Hacknet - Humble Monthly December 2016, Humble Very Positive Bundle

Crawl - Humble Monthly May 2016

Hurtworld - Humble Monthly July 2016
giphy.gif

It's a quality bundle, but anybody who regularly buys humble bundles will own most of these.
Yeah, there's good stuff but it's all repackaged from older bundles. And I like Armello well enough but it's definitely not a headliner for the same price as a Monthly. Especially after it's also been bundled previously and you could pick it up for a buck or two from people offloading it.

It's not that it's bad, it's just that Armello is not a headliner.
The BTA isn't all that great either. Crawl is very local MP focused, good luck with that if you don't have friends! Hurtworld is pretty much dead, like others have said. I don't know if the Hacknet games are worth it if you don't already own the first. $1 is solid if you don't have any of those yet though.

i was waiting for Satellite Reign to get re-bundled in the regular HB. and here it is, like I predicted. 

Even better, it is in the Tier 1 and not Tier 2.. Thanks Hamble & co.

I hereby beseech CheapyD to add one of these to the smilies list: [attachment=28372:pile-of-poo_1f4a9.png] We'll probably be needing it in here now.

I'm not in the market for them but I'm curious: Is there any reason to own six different versions of RPG Maker? Like I would assume that RPG Maker 2003 is a better version of RPG Maker 2000. Are all these VX, XP, MV, etc versions used for different things?
Each version introduced a new feature (check wikipedia) and each version offers different graphics, but the game building logic is all pretty much the same. MV adds android and ios export along with win and mac exports.

Maybe I should spend $1 for the base model and make a cheap shitty $1.29 game to sell on Steam and then, once I sell one copy, I'll have made my money back plus 29¢ profit!
As funny as that sounds, that's actually not a bad idea! Did quick research and $100 will get your game on Steam, so you're only spending $101 on development! LOL!

The BTA isn't all that great either. Crawl is very local MP focused, good luck with that if you don't have friends! Hurtworld is pretty much dead, like others have said. I don't know if the Hacknet games are worth it if you don't already own the first. $1 is solid if you don't have any of those yet though.
I liked Hacknet; it's its own series and not a sequel to anything that I'm aware of so no worries there. It's kind of a spiritual successor to Uplink, I guess, and it seems like there's maybe 5 or 10 other games probably along the same lines, but I thought it was well done, and I'm glad to get the DLC.

Still, as someone who is more discriminating than most with bundles, I appreciate them bringing back games in lower tiers since I usually pass on the earlier bundles containing them at whack pricing.

I highly recommend Getting Over it from the Humble monthly for those wanting a totally relaxing, chill game which causes no stress whatsoever. 

:twoguns:

Day of the Devs 2017

Eh.

Might $1 in.  Want Flinthook, but own other BTA.  The $9+ is interesting, but they'll be bundled to death in the future.

So this new Day of the Devs bundle looks great, but I'm wondering if there's a chance we see a "Complete Your Collection" version of this hit Steam like last year's. Only one I need in the BTA is Flinthook and I'm not paying $5-6 more for it.

So this new Day of the Devs bundle looks great, but I'm wondering if there's a chance we see a "Complete Your Collection" version of this hit Steam like last year's. Only one I need in the BTA is Flinthook and I'm not paying $5-6 more for it.
Was just talking about that in Discord.

It'd be prudent to possibly wait until closer to Day of the Devs to get this bundle at the $9 tier if thats what someone wants to do, at least if you own the Double Fine stuff. Its on November 11th and probably why this bundle is running for 20 days. Just to see if they do it on Steam again.

Humble Day of the Devs 2017

$1

BTA

$9

[*]$2 worth of Humble Turd Coins, similar to Groupees coins but with the exclusivity of needing to be a subscriber to even get them

Humble Book Bundle: Cloud Computing

$1

AWS Administration Cookbook

Mastering Docker

Getting Started with Kubernetes

50% off Mapt Pro Monthly Subscription - $29.99 per month, only good for 1 month, must be redeemed by Nov 5th

$8

Learning Microsoft Azure

Cloud Native Python

Mastering Identity and Access Management with Microsoft Azure

Microservices with Azure

OpenStack for Architects

$15

Building Hybrid Clouds with Azure Stack

Designing AWS Environments

Implementing Azure Solutions

Learning AWS Lambda

Mastering Kubernetes

AWS Administration The Definitive Guide

Mastering OpenStack

I like what's in the bundle, but not where everything's placed. Meh, I'd rather some stuff was in the BTA, not Top Tier.

Looks like a pass for me.

bread's done
Back