Humble Bundle Thread

Mafia 3 (base-game) suffers from open-world UbiSoft repetitious side-quests everywhere just like Mass Effect: Andromeda. Though, Mafia 3's great with its character and story development, when it sticks to actually telling it - the game can get you overly side-tracked w/ side-quests galore.

As for Mankind Divided - that game just needs a sequel to flesh out the rest of the story that feels so missing here. Even after the DLC's, it only fills in a few blanks story-wise, but certainly not everything; not even close. Otherwise, the gameplay was great - especially if you're a big fan of old-school Deus Ex 1 and DX:HR.

Personally, if you don't own MD and don't own M3 already - seems like a solid bundle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yuck @ March reveal. April early unlocks seem ok. Kinda wanted God Eater and Deus Ex. Deus Ex is super cheap though so it doesn't seem like a great early unlock. Mafia 3 just seems meh. Wish I could have gotten the Poland deal which trades out Mafia 3 for Civ BE collection. 

I bought Aviary Attorney in the Winter Steam sale.

You're welcome, monthly subscribers.  Fortunately, I'm not one of them, thanks to the regular rebundling of monthly games into the two-week bundles, but I specifically bought it with the belief that it was too obscure a game to end up in any HB. :whistle2:x

I bought Aviary Attorney in the Winter Steam sale.

You're welcome, monthly subscribers. Fortunately, I'm not one of them, thanks to the regular rebundling of monthly games into the two-week bundles, but I specifically bought it with the belief that it was too obscure a game to end up in any HB. :whistle2:x
I saw someone mention Aviary Attorney on NeoGAF. It looked like a hidden gem. Is it pretty much Phoenix Wright meets Hatoful Boyfriend?

Well the March reveals show they spent all their budget on Darksouls 3 but am please with Aviary Attorney and the potato space game. April's triple unlocks must mean they are still trying to drum up subscribers. Not complaining there either as I had almost bought Godeater 2 when  Fanatical had it on flash sale. 

The March reveals were so exciting (yawn) that they made me go out and buy Nier: Automata on Steam, to see if it will actually play on my PC.

Congratulations, you have now learned that through my sacrifice Nier will be the May or June early unlocks.  Subscribe now!

The March reveals were so exciting (yawn) that they made me go out and buy Nier: Automata on Steam, to see if it will actually play on my PC.

Congratulations, you have now learned that through my sacrifice Nier will be the May or June early unlocks. Subscribe now!
It won't. Nier is Square Enix's Japanese division. Those games don't typically get bundled. Hell, they rarely even get good discounts.

I'm waiting on next month where they just reveal all of the games except one early, call the last one "to be revealed", and maybe add an option to buy three of the less prestigous games for one dollar.

I saw someone mention Aviary Attorney on NeoGAF. It looked like a hidden gem. Is it pretty much Phoenix Wright meets Hatoful Boyfriend?
Having never played an Ace Attorney game but watching about 5-10 minutes of random gameplay, yeah, that seems to be an apt comparison. You get your case, speak with your client to get their side of the story, then spend the next few days visiting the crime scene, digging up evidence, interviewing witnesses, following up on leads, etc. You have a set number of days to do all this and not enough time to visit every location on your map, so you're unlikely to get the full story and will have to do your best with what you have. Fortunately the game is very lenient and allows you to replay the case from previous days as often as you like. Once the trial hits, you're mostly cross-examining the prosecution's witnesses and trying to find holes in their story that might sway the jury in your favor.

I've finished the first two of four cases and am really enjoying it. It's well-written, I'm liking the hand-drawn art style, and the story has me hooked so far.

Having never played an Ace Attorney game but watching about 5-10 minutes of random gameplay, yeah, that seems to be an apt comparison. You get your case, speak with your client to get their side of the story, then spend the next few days visiting the crime scene, digging up evidence, interviewing witnesses, following up on leads, etc. You have a set number of days to do all this and not enough time to visit every location on your map, so you're unlikely to get the full story and will have to do your best with what you have. Fortunately the game is very lenient and allows you to replay the case from previous days as often as you like. Once the trial hits, you're mostly cross-examining the prosecution's witnesses and trying to find holes in their story that might sway the jury in your favor.

I've finished the first two of four cases and am really enjoying it. It's well-written, I'm liking the hand-drawn art style, and the story has me hooked so far.
Thank you for providing your experience with the game. I think I'm interested in Aviary Attorney. But, one of my New Year's resolutions was to play more while the one of the others was to only buy games that I would actually play. I'm proud to say that I've been sticking to those notions for the most part, but it's only March. So, at this point, I don't know if I'm going to buy Aviary Attorney as part of the Humble Monthly or if I'll get it later.

Thank you for providing your experience with the game. I think I'm interested in Aviary Attorney. But, one of my New Year's resolutions was to play more while the one of the others was to only buy games that I would actually play. I'm proud to say that I've been sticking to those notions for the most part, but it's only March. So, at this point, I don't know if I'm going to buy Aviary Attorney as part of the Humble Monthly or if I'll get it later.
It may end up in the $1 tier of a weekly bundle, so unless you're in a rush to play it, you may want to hold off for a while.

Insomniac's description is on the spot -- it's Ace Attorney with birds. Since I don't have any consoles/handhelds that have Ace Attorney games, this is the next best thing for me.

Kind of surprised it got bundled since the devs (self-published) have been radio silent for a while. There was supposed to be a bonus chapter added in late 2016 or something like that, there were some Kickstarter rewards that were never fulfilled, etc.

Kind of surprised it got bundled since the devs (self-published) have been radio silent for a while. There was supposed to be a bonus chapter added in late 2016 or something like that, there were some Kickstarter rewards that were never fulfilled, etc.
Which is precisely why I bought it during the Winter Steam sale. So much for that logic.

Any reason to pick up any of the levels of the software bundle for podcasting? Probably overkill for the $30 level ... but someone convince me ;-)

I posted in the PC Trading thread, but I figure I'll post here as well.

Picked up the $1 Music bundle, am curious if anyone has a spare code for the Stranger Synth pack that was available at the $1 tier back in the Vegas Bundle in December?

Humble Book Bundle: Mad Scientist by Make

$1

• Make: Tinkering, 2nd Edition
  • Make: Forrest Mims' Science Experiments
  • Environmental Monitoring with Arduino
  • Atmospheric Monitoring with Arduino
  • Make: Planes, Gliders, and Paper Rockets
  • Make: Volume 56: Biohacking
  • $10 off Make magazine subscription
$8

• Make: Rockets: Down-to-Earth Rocket Science
  • Make: Fire
  • Make: Analog Synthesizers: Make Electronic Sounds the Synth-DIY Way (WITH THIS AND MUSIX WE CAN ALL CREATE OUR OWN POOPEES BUNDLES)
  • more next week
$15

• Illustrated Guide to Home Biology Experiments (I wonder if tebow's mom is in it?)
  • Illustrated Guide to Home Forensic Science Experiments
  • Make: Magazine Volume 59: Home Hacks
$20

• Illustrated Guide to Home Chemistry Experiments
  • Make: High-Power Rockets
  • Make: Drones
  • Make: The Annotated Build-It-Yourself Science Library
  • Make: Magazine Volume 61 Spotlight: Shenzen

$1

$8
  • Make: Rockets: Down-to-Earth Rocket Science
  • Make: Fire
  • Make: Analog Synthesizers: Make Electronic Sounds the Synth-DIY Way (WITH THIS AND MUSIX WE CAN ALL CREATE OUR OWN POOPEES BUNDLES)
  • more next week
$15
  • Illustrated Guide to Home Biology Experiments (I wonder if tebow's mom is in it?)
  • Illustrated Guide to Home Forensic Science Experiments
  • Make: Magazine Volume 59: Home Hacks
$20
  • Illustrated Guide to Home Chemistry Experiments
  • Make: High-Power Rockets
  • Make: Drones
  • Make: The Annotated Build-It-Yourself Science Library
  • Make: Magazine Volume 61 Spotlight: Shenzen
Mike-Ehrmantraut-Breaking-Bad-mike-ehrmantraut-36839137-1280-720.jpg

Hey everyone, 

Does anyone know where might be a good place to grab the Image Expo 2018 Bundle? I missed it. 

Wondering if there's a good place on CAG to request I'm looking to purchase it. 

Thanks!

According to someone on slickdeals.net from a conversation on a Vegas forum (yeah yeah, heard from a friend of a friend} :

PSA: Be careful once you install any MAGIX software. All their software secretly installs a program called "Connect" which delivers ads to your PC & collects data

$1

I'm a CAG, so I'll likely just get the $1 tier, but these Make bundles are pretty cool if you've got a kid and want fun activities to do with them.

Does HB still offer the DRM free games for any price? Or do you really have to pay $1 to get them? (Asking for Skull girls)
I think it depends on the games. You can pay any price for a DRM free copy of Skullgirls, but you won't get copies of the other two games in that tier because they don't have DRM free copies. They also usually state a minimum of $1 if there are no DRM free games. I haven't verified this in a while, though.

Uhhh...Okay.

Humble Bob Ross Bundle

PWYW:

Crayon Physics Deluxe

Draw a Stickman: EPIC Collector Pack

Draw Your Game

Joy of Painting Episodes

BTA:

Passpartout: The Starving Artist

Drawful 2

Joy of Painting E-books

50% off Jackbox Party Pack 4

$15:

Corel Painter Essentials 6

Corel Painter Essentials Mystic Mountain Essentials Brush Pack

Bob Ross: The Happy Painter Documentary

Uhhh...Okay.

Humble Bob Ross Bundle

PWYW:

Crayon Physics Deluxe

Draw Your Game

Joy of Painting Episodes

BTA:

Drawful 2

Joy of Painting E-books

$15:

I think most of us have fond memories of watching Bob Ross on PBS painting happy little trees and whatnot when we were kids. But, shouldn't this non-gaming be happenin' on some other day when HB doesn't do a Game Bundle?

Usually game bundles are on Tuesday - and the last two weeks with the Music Bundle and Bob Ross Bundle has been "meh" for us PC gamers. So "meh."

I think most of us have fond memories of watching Bob Ross on PBS painting happy little trees and whatnot when we were kids. But, shouldn't this non-gaming be happenin' on some other day when HB doesn't do a Game Bundle?

Usually game bundles are on Tuesday - and the last two weeks with the Music Bundle and Bob Ross Bundle has been "meh" for us PC gamers. So "meh."
NO THERE'S GAMES IN IT...DON'T U SEA?????? THAT MAKES IT A GAYME BUNDLE!!!!!

Wow, Crayon Physics.  There's a blast from the past.  That must have been one of the first games ever bundled.

Maybe next week they'll add World of Goo.

This is kind of a dual purpose post, as it regards Humble and trading/selling keys here, which I know a majority of us do. If you ever have Humble key/gift link issues that you've traded here, don't expect much or any help from Humble Bundle. You can expect something like this, though
Hi there,

Thanks for getting back in touch and providing that information to me!

Unfortunately, after taking a thorough review of your account, we are unable to find any evidence of suspicious activity that confirms your account was accessed without your knowledge. It has also become apparent you are an active key trader/reseller. Please be aware that purchases made through Humble Bundle are meant for personal use only. We do not support the exchanging of Steam keys or the trading of games. Additionally, we in no way support the trading or reselling of games purchased through Humble Bundle as this is a violation of our Terms of Service.

It should be noted that both trading and reselling keys on the “grey market” affects the industry’s ability to flourish and support our awesome developers and marketplaces like Humble Bundle, as noted in this article here. While the practice of reselling damages trust from developers, it should also be noted that a majority of resold/obtained games in this arena are purchased with stolen personal information. Ultimately, this practice negatively impacts the developers, Humble Bundle, and gamers all at once when these titles are found to be fraudulent purchases.

We highly recommend against this practice for a number of reasons and have explained in detail why this practice is dangerous for all involved in a blog post.

At this time, we will not be able to reset your keys or assist with any future requests for key resets.

Thanks again for writing into us and have a great day.

-Gillian
Humble Bundle
They will then ignore any additional requests for information, including how they make the determination that you're some kind of G2Ass grey reseller. I've been trading/selling keys exclusively on this site, only with fellow CAGs, for nearly 10 years now and I always buy keys to activate on my own, personal account.

Uhhh...Okay.

Humble Bob Ross Bundle

PWYW:
Crayon Physics Deluxe
Draw Your Game
Joy of Painting Episodes

BTA:
Drawful 2
Joy of Painting E-books

$15:
I thought every Joy of Painting was on Youtube for free? Also isn't there a Bob Ross Channel on Twitch that shows every episode 24/7?

bread's done
Back