Humble Bundle Thread

My 2p on Fuser:

I didn't jump on Fuser when it first came out even though I am perennially playing Rock Band 4 and I've played a bunch of RB and Guitar Hero games on PS3. When I read descriptions and reviews, it sounded more annoying than fun and also like something I would be terrible at, but actually I'm terrible at almost every game I actually enjoy playing except for (some) RTS/RPG games. And it was available to demo last weekend via XBONE's "Free Play Days" program. To my surprise, it didn't suck. It's remarkably entertaining and, as reviews have indicated, Harmonix has worked some weird beat-matching magic that allows you to put elements of DMX and Shania Twain together and the result does not sound awful. If you're into this kind of game, it's definitely worth picking up on sale. I wouldn't bother with the VIP edition, though; no matter what kinds of music you're into, the VIP edition is just a giant song pack with a bunch of music you may not like. It's just as easy to go into the DLC store and pick up the ones that you would enjoy on an a-la-carte basis.

Stardock Warfarers Humble Bundle:

Tier 1 = $1

• Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion (base)
  • Fallen Enchantress (base-game)

Tier 2 = BTA

• Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation (base)
  • Siege of Centauri
  • The Political Machine 2020

Tier 3 = $12

• Offworld Trading Company (base-game)
  • Offworld Trading Company: Jupiter's Forge (Expansion Pack)
  • Offworld Trading Company: Limited Supply DLC
  • Star Control: Origins - Galactic Edition
    - Includes SC: Origins (base-game) & ALL DLC's
    - Also includes Star Control 1, 2 & 3 

SIDE NOTES:

• Fallen Entranchess (FE) was originally listed as Ultimate, but it's not.
  • FE has been corrected on Humble's page for this bundle, as it is indeed the base-game only.
  • Ashes: Escalation has been given away by Humble before.
  • Offworld Trading Company (base game only) was free before on Epic Store.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2p on Fuser:

I didn't jump on Fuser when it first came out even though I am perennially playing Rock Band 4 and I've played a bunch of RB and Guitar Hero games on PS3. When I read descriptions and reviews, it sounded more annoying than fun and also like something I would be terrible at, but actually I'm terrible at almost every game I actually enjoy playing except for (some) RTS/RPG games. And it was available to demo last weekend via XBONE's "Free Play Days" program. To my surprise, it didn't suck. It's remarkably entertaining and, as reviews have indicated, Harmonix has worked some weird beat-matching magic that allows you to put elements of DMX and Shania Twain together and the result does not sound awful. If you're into this kind of game, it's definitely worth picking up on sale. I wouldn't bother with the VIP edition, though; no matter what kinds of music you're into, the VIP edition is just a giant song pack with a bunch of music you may not like. It's just as easy to go into the DLC store and pick up the ones that you would enjoy on an a-la-carte basis.
Agreed on Fuser. I had my doubts, but found it really fun and odd music combos still worked well together. I only regret that I forgot to play it until the end of the free weekend. I'll pick it up cheap sometime for sure, but getting songs in DLC will add up.

I would like the weekly bundle a whole lot more if I didn't already have half of it, but I've been interested in Blacksad so I may talk myself into it anyway.

The new monthly seems solid for $6, but I also wish I hadn't bought Chimera Squad with its launch discount. Oh well.
I'd love to get Xcom Chimera Squad for $6! I've gotten bundles, but never done the monthly since I'm mostly a console gamer. How would one get that discount?

I'd love to get Xcom Chimera Squad for $6! I've gotten bundles, but never done the monthly since I'm mostly a console gamer. How would one get that discount?
That boat already sailed as it was a limited time promotion to get 6 humble choices for $6 each. If you take a trip to the cesspool I imagine you'll be able to pickup chimera squad for $3-$4 once the bundle launches.

Actually seems like a pretty good list to me. Here is to hoping Control activates as the ultimate edition on steam since there isn't a listing for just the base game as far as I can tell. Elex and Peaky Blinders are both wants plus Wildfire doesn't look half bad. Makes me wish I didn't buy Chimera Squad for $10 on release and still haven't touched it (or Xcom2 for that matter). For $6 this humble choice is definitely a win in my book.

c20447790fac4ad9999b16024a368617.gif

After so many years, someone out there finally conditioned themselves to pause the day before the last Friday of the month. And now they're in for a rude awakening.
Ah dammit, they got me with this switcheroo. And I guess there's no refunds on Choice bundles either. Wouldn't have minded if I got in on that $6/bundle promo or a fake pause discount, but whatever, just got to re-setup my monthly pause notifications.

Looks like 505 Games added a standard version of Control to Steam recently.  So I'm guessing it's basically confirmed the version of Control that's going to be in tomorrow's Humble Monthly is the standard version.  LOL

Foundation DLC & AWE DLC for Control are quite difficult. Much more so than the base-game was for me, IMHO. Ugh, that final boss in AWE DLC is brutal.

Control standard? Lame, but expected. I would rather have complete indie games or niche titles than AAA with DLC not included.

Last edited:
Another pause for me, already have Control with PlayStation Plus and haven't bothered playing it. 

Shows control ultimate edition for me in steam but the dlc does not show purchased.
https://www.humblebundle.com/subscription/march-2021/control

[SIZE=1em]EXTRA INFORMATION[/SIZE]

NOTE: When redeeming Control via Steam key, users may see Control Ultimate Edition in their Steam library and during installation. Please disregard the Ultimate Edition title as the Steam key will only grant Control Standard Edition. For more information, please visit: https://support.505games.com/hc/en-us/sections/360005474899

Not very CAG, I know, but I loved Control so much on PS4 (didn't even get around to playing the DLC) that I'm happy to pay a bit to have a PC copy to play in some far off future. It isn't a great game for everyone, though - besides the generally weird atmosphere, I've heard more than once of people getting frustrated at the first boss (because your character is underpowered at first) and just dropping the game, which is unfortunate.

I went ahead with this month's Choice.  Hotshot Racing is a fun game that was on my wish list (I played it on Xbox Game Pass), and Control, WWE 2K, and X-Com are icing on the cake.  So why not?

Looks like DX11 executable isn't included right now in Control: Standard:

https://www.reddit.com/r/humblebundles/comments/lx1bah/ouch_looks_like_control_on_steam_had_the_dx11/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/870780/discussions/0/3103515084616505152/

Only DX12 EXE is included, for Control: Standard.

They probably should've left Control: Ultimate alone on Steam (for those that want it all in one shot/entry); and just also added a brand-new SteamID/entry for Control: Humble Split-Up Edition (where you can buy Control base, Control Season Pass, and/or Control DLC's all separate).

The vanilla versions are pointless. For example, Shadow of the Tomb Raider. The Def edition is 12 or 13 on sale. So you're basically buying the game again, which you already payed for with monthly, just for the DLC as the DLC never goes on sale for a good price.  Same with Shadow of War. Def Edition is 10 on sale. 

I'd buy that bundle if it included at least all the major add ons. It's missing Federations, with Leviathan and Synthetic Dawn being a species and story pack instead of a major expansion. I just hate this company and all its DLC. Some games may be alright, but so much milking and  sometimes buggy games.

I'd buy that bundle if it included at least all the major add ons. It's missing Federations, with Leviathan and Synthetic Dawn being a species and story pack instead of a major expansion. I just hate this company and all its DLC. Some games may be alright, but so much milking and sometimes buggy games.
It includes Leviathan and Synthetic Dawn.

I'd buy that bundle if it included at least all the major add ons. It's missing Federations, with Leviathan and Synthetic Dawn being a species and story pack instead of a major expansion. I just hate this company and all its DLC. Some games may be alright, but so much milking and sometimes buggy games.
Whats sad is that at $15 for 3 major add ons its not a bad deal. Even though I have one of them already. I doubt you'll see better from a Paradox game.

Even more sad is that right now this bundle is the only game one active.

In case anyone was interested, this bundle is intended to promote the over-hyped Stellaris board game Kickstarter that launched today.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/academygames/stellaris-infinite-legacy/description

It’s already raised 1M due to the hype and the “early bird” bonuses, but they didn’t provide a rule book, and there’s a lot of details that seem to be lacking so far. I have held off for now. The early bird bonus includes a steam key (current value 1 dollar).

I don't know if it is overhyped. I think it is potentially interesting to do a 4X game as a legacy game. Problem is, I don't really have a gaming group that is compatible with doing legacy games, so such things are an instant pass.

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk

New Daedelic Bundle has no tiers, $13 flat rate for a bunch of repeat bundle-fodder. I'm suspecting this is a sign of things to come for the old $1 tier model.

I hope this will NOT be the new format for Bundles - i.e. One Tier for $13 or so.

To do a $13 bundle like it's some kind of HBC Monthly, there better be some good stuff in there that I'm missing here that makes me want to jump. 

This Daedalic Bundle is not even close to making me want to jump. Is there even a headliner for this thing here, to be pricing this at $13?

Doesn't look like it to me, TBH.

At least w/ the current Monthly/Choice - there's some worthwhile stuff for many in there like ELEX, XCOM CS, Control, and maybe even WWE Battlegrounds. That's not even including some of the other stuff in the bundle.

Granted, I own most of those headliners I listed except WWE Battlegrounds - but I'm missing basically everything else in that Choice Bundle.

This Daedelic Bundle at $13 doesn't even look close to the Current Monthly, in terms of value.

And them (Humble-IGN) looking to go after people re-selling keys and wanting people to give to closest friends really isn't going to make people really want to buy their bundles, even if someone own stuff in a bundle already.

More & more, it seems like for Regular Bundles, Fanatical looks to be the place to stare at.

There is a heck of a lot of value in that Daedalic bundle, especially if you are a fan of point-and-click adventures, but everyone here already owns most of those games since they've been bundled for cheap countless times before.

Regardless, seeing that bundle makes me appreciate how much Daedalic contributed to the revival of adventure games from 2009 to ~2017. Bless those Germans for keeping the spirit of the classic point-and-clicks alive!

The best games in the bunch are The Whispered World, The Night of the Rabbit, Memoria, and Anna's Quest. The Deponia games are also very good but the humor is divisive for some, partially due to the English translation from what I understand.

Humble's preparing for the inevitable, universal $15 an hour minimum wage, I see. "It's only an hour of washing dishes," I can hear IGN saying.

There is a heck of a lot of value in that Daedalic bundle, especially if you are a fan of point-and-click adventures, but everyone here already owns most of those games since they've been bundled for cheap countless times before.

Regardless, seeing that bundle makes me appreciate how much Daedalic contributed to the revival of adventure games from 2009 to ~2017. Bless those Germans for keeping the spirit of the classic point-and-clicks alive!

The best games in the bunch are The Whispered World, The Night of the Rabbit, Memoria, and Anna's Quest. The Deponia games are also very good but the humor is divisive for some, partially due to the English translation from what I understand.
It must not be a great translation if you can't understand all of it.

If you don't have any of them, it probably is a good value. Some of these games haven't been in bundles, or haven't been bundled in a long time. But, it doesn't do much for veteran bundlers who own at least half these games.

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk

Humble "Burn Rubber" Bundle:

All Steam keys for all the games listed in the below tier.

Tier #1 = $1.00:

• Absolute Drift
    (free upgrade called the Absolute Drift: Zen Edition coming this Summer)
Tier #2 = BTA Tier:

• DIRT Rally 2.0
  • GRIP: Combat Racing
  • PACER
Tier #3 = $12 Tier:

• Assetto Corsa (base-game)
  • Assetto Corsa: Dream Pack 1 (DLC)
  • Assetto Corsa: Dream Pack 2 (DLC)
  • Assetto Corsa: Dream Pack 3 (DLC)
  • Assetto Corsa: Ferrari 70th Anniversary Pack (DLC)
  • Assetto Corsa: Ready to Race (DLC)
  • Assetto Corsa: Tripl3 Pack (DLC)
  • KartKraft
  • Monster Truck Championship
  • NASCAR Heat 5 (base-game)
  • NASCAR Heat 5: Playoff Race Car Pack (DLC)

<p>

Humble "Burn Rubber" Bundle:

All Steam keys for all the games listed in the below tier.

Tier #1 = $1.00:

• Absolute Drift
    (free upgrade called the Absolute Drift: Zen Edition coming this Summer)
Tier #2 = BTA Tier:
  • DIRT Rally 2.0
  • GRIP: Combat Racing
  • PACER
Tier #3 = $12 Tier:
  • Assetto Corsa (base-game)
  • Assetto Corsa: Dream Pack 1 (DLC)
  • Assetto Corsa: Dream Pack 2 (DLC)
  • Assetto Corsa: Dream Pack 3 (DLC)
  • Assetto Corsa: Ferrari 70th Anniversary Pack (DLC)
  • Assetto Corsa: Ready to Race (DLC)
  • Assetto Corsa: Tripl3 Pack (DLC)
  • KartKraft
  • Monster Truck Championship
  • NASCAR Heat 5 (base-game)
  • NASCAR Heat 5: Playoff Race Car Pack (DLC)
Is that all the Assetto Corsa DLC? Because the Ultimate Edition has dipped below $7 on Fanatical now, so it’s weird that the upper tier isn’t just that.

Also what’s with all the Friday bundles lately? Seems like it’s happening pretty often.

Is that all the Assetto Corsa DLC? Because the Ultimate Edition has dipped below $7 on Fanatical now, so it’s weird that the upper tier isn’t just that.
Here's what's missing for Assetto Corsa in this bundle:

• Assetto Corsa: Porsche Pack 1
  • Assetto Corsa: Porsche Pack 2
  • Assetto Corsa: Porsche Pack 3
  • Assetto Corsa: Japanese Pack
  • Assetto Corsa: Red Pack

EDIT:

Also what’s with all the Friday bundles lately? Seems like it’s happening pretty often.
Seems like they've flopped Friday Humble Choice over to Tuesday; and Regular Weekly Humble Bundles seem to be anywhere from Wed-to-Friday (instead of Tuesday).

Since Humble and/or dev's & pub's seems to be giving out Incomplete Editions in Bundles of late, probably so they can try to up-sell you to expansions and/or Season Passes in sales like this...

Control's DLC's are on sale on Humble.

1. Control: Season Pass = $7.49 (No HC Discount) / $6.37 (with HC discount)

• This Season Pass includes The Foundation DLC (Expansion 1) and also AWE DLC (Expansion 2).
  • You can pick b/t either Steam or Epic versions.
2. Buying The Foundation and/or AWE DLC separately for Control.

• If you need to go in separately to buy DLC's for some reason...
  • Each DLC by themselves is $4.24 (with discount) or $4.99 (no discount) each.
  • And you pick b/t which version (either Epic or Steam).

Since Humble and/or dev's & pub's seems to be giving out Incomplete Editions in Bundles of late, probably so they can try to up-sell you to expansions and/or Season Passes in sales like this...

Control's DLC's are on sale on Humble.

1. Control: Season Pass = $7.49 (No HC Discount) / $6.37 (with HC discount)

• This Season Pass includes The Foundation DLC (Expansion 1) and also AWE DLC (Expansion 2).
  • You can pick b/t either Steam or Epic versions.
2. Buying The Foundation and/or AWE DLC separately for Control.

• If you need to go in separately to buy DLC's for some reason...
  • Each DLC by themselves is $4.24 (with discount) or $4.99 (no discount) each.
  • And you pick b/t which version (either Epic or Steam).
Yeah, fuck all that. I skipped the Monthly Choice because they took a complete game and broke it up into parts to sell separately.

I understand the game all the publishers/bundlers play of selling the base and trying to reel you in for the DLC. Somehow, to me, that's fine if you want to structure your title that way from the beginning. But it rubs me the wrong way when they partner with a bundle and then start chopping.

They're entitled to do what they want and I am entitled to wait until their complete game is on sale for dirt cheap. Or I'll skip it. Not too bothered.

And then it sticks in the back of my head that somehow Humble is getting worse and worse under their new IGN overlords. And now they're in the business of selling me chunks of games through different channels. I'm probably making that up, but I don't care.

It was structured that way on the Epic Store - where you could always buy Control (base); Season Pass and/or each DLC separate; and/or Control: Ultimate. I know, I know; most people don't count Epic, when PC releases happen. [shrug]

Regardless, it was great that they (505 & Remedy) decided to do the Complete Ed. on Steam so you didn't have to do the PITA DLC-chasing or Season Pass chasing...one year or so after the Epic release.

...And then they all agreed (505, Remedy, and/or Humble) to break it up all later just b/c it was going also on Humble Choice. Just so they can split it all up & up-sell later on Steam-version, since I doubt most will take the Epic version. It's crap, for sure.

To pull this stunt and/or shenanigan - they probably should've brought it to Steam in the first place as Control (base); Control DLC's separate; Control: Season Pass; and/or Control: Ultimate (with everything).

But, I figured I'd mention the DLC's/Season Pass are on sale anyways - since there might be some who still want them anyways, despite these shenanigans. [shrug]

And I do wonder if we'll see more of this non-sense too w/ games that get placed on Epic in pieces; release Complete Ultimate Ed on Steam; and then split it all up again later.

Yeah, fuck all that. I skipped the Monthly Choice because they took a complete game and broke it up into parts to sell separately.
I certainly have done that before with the bundle before. Shadows of War I skipped because I figured the full game would be on sale cheaper than just the season pass) but I actually didn't do that here... I actually have more than a few games on my wish list in this bundle. Actually, it was like 5 so I just bite the bullet and bought the season pass this time.

Can somebody explain to me why everyone feels the need to own the DLC for a game you haven't played yet, and thus don't know if you even like yet?

Don't get me wrong, I would certainly prefer for a game to come with all the DLC in a bundle - it's better value - but I'm also struggling to see how including the base game with 11 other games at a price that is basically in-line (at worst) with the lowest sale price of that single game is poor value or "shenanigans".

I don't know, it's just weird to me that this optional content that you may not even want to play is the dealbreaker here.

Can somebody explain to me why everyone feels the need to own the DLC for a game you haven't played yet, and thus don't know if you even like yet?

Don't get me wrong, I would certainly prefer for a game to come with all the DLC in a bundle - it's better value - but I'm also struggling to see how including the base game with 11 other games at a price that is basically in-line (at worst) with the lowest sale price of that single game is poor value or "shenanigans".

I don't know, it's just weird to me that this optional content that you may not even want to play is the dealbreaker here.
Okay, so I've actually played Control base-game; have worked on the two DLC's (and not finished them b/c they are difficult); and I can speak on this.

Control base-game's a great game and shooter (like most Remedy games) - but it does leave a bunch of stuff hanging and set-up in there for future DLC's and/or games.

In particular, Foundation DLC (hence its title) goes into more on the beginning of the Astral Plane and former Directors of the board.

AWE is pretty important, as it introduces a bigger "Remedy-verse" and begins to tie other games from Remedy together w/ it.

Namely, it ties into Alan Wake.

Both of these add quite a bit of Lore to the game-world & Remedy-verse, which is often quite esoteric, obtuse, and/or offering up more questions than answers; and/or settings up more stuff for future DLC's, future sequels and/or other future games.

About DLC's and whatnot - there are those who feel that games are often nowadays cutting off content and "doing more content" later, to make sure you really want to go DLC/expansion-chasing. As often and of late, these DLC's now seem very important to games, these days - more so than ever. We're in an era where games are releasing incomplete, too early and/or are under-cooked in many cases on a regular basis (especially in AAA space); and now cases where DLC's often turn out better than their base-game (i.e. go see Mafia 3).

Heck, dev's & pub's have a deadline to get a base-game out by? Content's not done that was supposed to be in the base-game part of the game? Screw it, release the game w/out said done-content and complete that content as Season Pass/DLC/Expansion content.

Heck, I could see a lot of planned features, content, etc for Cyberpunk 2077 base-game - and the list seems ever-growing, as players discover more stuff - winding up in Expansions and/or Expansion Pass.

We're having DLC's where...they're important. Dishonored: Definitive's DLC's set-up a lot for Dishonored 2 (and especially its opening); DAO's Witch Hunt DLC sets up stuff for the future; DAI's Trespasser feels like the real ending for DA:I and also sets up stuff for DA4.

Also, Watch Dogs: Legion's Season Pass will bring back Aiden from WD1 and Wrench from WD2. Given what I've played of WD: Legion during the Free Weekend - yeah, this game could really use some familiar faces & characters and some tailor-made specific missions hopefully tied to just these characters in particular.

The other thing is - well, DLC's are often sold at Premiums purposely. Look at what tricks Bethesda, BioWare, and others have done...barely discounting DLC's/Season Passes; and/or selling Complete Edition had much better deals. Look at what was done w/ Dishonored OG v. Definitive Edition. Heck, I had to re-buy Dishonored as Definitive Edition to go Season Pass chasing - and a lot of that content could be considered on par or better than the base-game.

Fallout 4's best actual content is in the Far Harbor DLC, not in the base-game. Dragon Age 2 really needed more content, less recycling - and that game needed that; DLC improves the game greatly. And it seems like a lot of lessons that were learned from base-games from many of these...got improved in the DLC's. This isn't the old days, where most DLC's could be written off; DLC's are acting more like Mini-Expansions or even Regular Expansions in some cases.

In the old days, expansions felt like their own thing & story/games. Look at NWN with SOU and Hordes; Elder Scrolls Morrowind and Oblivion - these games w/ their expansions, those expansions could stand-alone, if they wanted to. They often started new main-plots or stories - you get the drift. And back then, games only often had 1 to 3 expansions in most cases (except for probably some games like Everquest & any Sims games); so you weren't chasing a ton of content and could likely even catch a solid deal at retail, especially if stores like WalMart, Target, or others needed to get this stuff off their retail shelves just to make room for new stuff.

Look at the way Skyrim, Fallout 3 & Fallout 4, and all of their DLC's/Season Passes/Expansions/Legendary Editions/GOTY Editions/Special Edition Remaster - you get the drift. Early buyers get screwed, later buyers get rewarded for waiting. Also, I think people would rather buy it all in one clip...than chase for every scrap. Especially when you had things like psuedo-currencies like BioWare Points and Microsoft Points, making these DLC's more of Premium - we're recently, in last few years, seeing finally "better" pricing on BioWare's DA2, ME3, and ME2 DLC's and actually have them all bundled together in a pack.

In summary only buy Ubisoft Gold editions (comes with the season pass) discounted, cause they screw out base game players by rarely having sales on the season passes until the games are very old. Season passes rarely go on discount for other publishers as well. Also DLC of older days can be thought of more as standalone for having more beef to it, while today we get a few more hours and according to MysterD sometimes important story for setting up future games. Nonetheless I usually buy hefty DLC that really adds to a game like the Binding of Isaac Rebirth DLCs.

Not speaking for anyone else, but for me, there are two major problems.

First, DLC tends to be much cheaper in a package with the base game. It obviously depends on the publisher, but it feels like these days we often see deals for complete editions and base games that are significantly better than the deals we see on DLC by itself. Additionally, many of the games I would be interested in owning have DLC that altogether costs close to, if not exceeding, the price of the base game. If I decide I want the DLC, regardless of whether I get the base game in a bundle or not, often the cheapest way to do it will be to wait for the complete edition to be bundled or sold at a cutrate discount on a third party site, making the investment I put towards the base game worthless.

The second reason is completionism. This is and isn’t merely neurotic tendency. On the one hand, it does bother me a little to own something “incomplete,” just on a very basal psychological level, even when what I’m lacking is inconsequential. I can ignore it, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t still there in some obnoxious small corner of my mind. On the other hand, since many games also include significant plot or gameplay additions in their DLC, the base game alone actually can feel incomplete regardless of my own OCD. It’s not uncommon to hear people saying that some DLC or other completes the ending, or ties up loose threads, or gives the gameplay the variety it was lacking. Buying a game without that experience attached to it, regardless of whether the DLC was meant to be included originally or not, can make you feel like you’re getting a gimped product before you ever play it.

I would never call the lack of DLC for a single game in a bundle a dealbreaker for the bundle, but it does often remove the game in question from my considerations on whether the bundle is worth it.

I get that everybody values things differently, I guess I just don't value DLC as highly as other people.  If I really do like a game and feel the need to play the DLC, then I can buy the DLC at full price and break even in my head, or I'll buy a complete edition in the future at the discounted price just for the DLC.

I seem to recall someone calling Remedy/505 Games cheap when this bundle was revealed because they didn't include the DLC, and that's just bonkers to me.  The bundle, with 11 other games, is $12.  You don't want it because it doesn't have the DLC - and somehow they're the cheap ones?

Apologies to the strawman that I may or may not have just created.  I recognize that there's probably nobody interested in all 12 games, and I definitely get it if it's the only game you're interested in.  I think the extended talk about it (which I've now contributed to) was wearing on me.

I'll shut up now.

The angst, I believe, was due to the base game being retconned into existence. At least on Steam (I haven't followed its life history on Epic), when the bundle launched, only the Ultimate Edition was available. So, the (likely correct) perception is that the base game and thereby the individual DLC/SP were given a second life for Humble and 505's unwillingness to agree on giving out the Ultimate Edition for pennies on the dollar. The Ultimate Edition itself had been sold for relatively cheap (near the price of the bundle) previously just this past holiday, which only added to the perceived bitch slap to the face.

bread's done
Back