Humble Indie Bundle 9 - Bonuses unlocked: Rocketbirds, A Virus Named TOM, Bastion, LIMBO

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
Pay What You Want ($1+ for Steam keys)

• Trine 2: Complete Story
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Eets Munches Beta
  • Brutal Legend
BTA:

• FTL: Faster than Light
  • Fez
  • Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Edition*
  • A Virus Named TOM*
  • Bastion*
  • LIMBO*
*Bonuses added on 9/18 at 11 AM Pacific. Unlike previous bundles, you must beat the average at the time of your purchase to get these regardless of when you bought it.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

There has been talk of not wanting to support Phil Fish if Fez was ever bundled. Please do not use this as an opportunity to punish the other developers. You can choose to adjust the payment that goes to each. But remember, if you decide that a game is worth redeeming and playing, it's probably worth paying for.
how-to:
czwRxOk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much have all of the games through Xbox Live deals or Steam sales. Guess that means it's a decent list of games.

I should wait for when they bundle the bundles.

Already have FTL, here is my code:

DTPM6-BRYEW-85MGL

If you take this, please leave some feedback and post that you've taken it and I'll remove it ;)
Thanks for doing this. Seems someone already redeemed it as I just tried and it said duplicate product code.

great games and i get to support charity. Im in.

I activated all my games on steam and they are not downloading. I tried restarting steam, but its still not promting a download. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Turns out I was in the wrong tab on the games menu. I have it set on "Installed Games" by default instead of "all games."

As a primarily mac gamer, these types of things are important to me so I thought I would share them.

They are all mac compatible on steam, except mark of the ninja, but there is a direct download to a mac compatible version. Interesting that Mark of the ninja has steamplay.

Long time lurker, first ish time caller.

I lurk so much that I forgot I even made an account

As a primarily mac gamer, these types of things are important to me so I thought I would share them.

They are all mac compatible on steam, except mark of the ninja, but there is a direct download to a mac compatible version. Interesting that Mark of the ninja has steamplay.

Long time lurker, first ish time caller.

I lurk so much that I forgot I even made an account
Klei has been tweeting updates for Mark of the Ninja. It's been in the process of uploading to Steam. It should show up for Mac and Linux there soon.

Thank you very much for posting I took it as I was thinking about picking it up several times before
No problem! I'm more than happy to give away a game I already have to somebody who wants it. It's not worth the hassle of trading, IMHO, anyway. I hope you enjoy it!

Klei has been tweeting updates for Mark of the Ninja. It's been in the process of uploading to Steam. It should show up for Mac and Linux there soon.
Thanks for pointing this out! I am glad to see its coming. Now all I need is for incognita to be mac friendly. I want that game so hard

I hope they don't continue with this BTA to get the bonuses thing. Though I suspect they will because they can. 

I have everything except Fez and the beta game so I think I'll pass. 

What the... gotta BTA to get the bonus games? PAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS.
Ha, didn't notice that until you pointed that out. I BTA anyway because I wanted to give both FTL & Fez a try. But I usually buy an extra bundle or two at the $1 level (for my secondary account and for gifts), and now I'm not sure that it's worth it.

Those hidden bonus games better not be repeats if they seriously want the average cheapskate to BTA to get them.

Any sign to the bonus games?  Usually by this time, someone has mined the steam db and identified anything with the same timestamp.  I'm guessing that as this one is using single keys, it doesn't flag the DB the same way as a bundled key?

Another fantastic bundle. I've been wanting Trine 2 and Fez. I think I have FTL already and I don't care about any of these other games, but even if the BTA games turn out to be repeats I'll still be happy.

There's no point in supporting indie devs these days. They all stick their games in some bundle eventually, which just means wasted money for the consumer...
That's a really poor way to look at it. The way I see it, it's like any other videogame on this site; if you want it on day 1 you are going to pay more. Meanwhile, if you are willing to wait a year or so, you can get the games at the CAG price. There are a few indie games that I've had to have on day 1 including To the Moon, Castle Crashers, and Retro City Rampage. I gladly paid full price for them. Other games, like Trine 2 and Fez, I have been interested in but waited for either a cheaper price or a bundle like this.

Damn, I wish I would have known about being able to set the amounts for each developer individually. I would have also switched Fez to $0.

Seriously, what the hell? You'd think Phil Fish killed your dog.
It depends on who you ask, but for me the reason is because he basically crapped all over PC gamers last year when asked if Fez was going to be making it to the PC. He said some crap about how it's a console game meant to be played on a console and that he didn't want to put it on PC. Then he puts it on PC a year later and acts like he was doing us a favor.

So some people (myself included) just don't want to support Phil Fish. Sorry.

As an additional update to the situation I redeemed the steam key and it is in my mac list as downloadable. It is really great to see a fully mac compatible bundle. Humble seems to be the only one who even cares to try.

Damn, I wish I would have known about being able to set the amounts for each developer individually. I would have also switched Fez to $0.

It depends on who you ask, but for me the reason is because he basically crapped all over PC gamers last year when asked if Fez was going to be making it to the PC. He said some crap about how it's a console game meant to be played on a console and that he didn't want to put it on PC. Then he puts it on PC a year later and acts like he was doing us a favor.

So some people (myself included) just don't want to support Phil Fish. Sorry.
Sounds to me like that's EXACTLY what he did. These games aren't easy/cheap to port, not when you are one guy working on your lonesome. Is there more to it or are people really just pissed that he flip-flopped and brought his game to PC?

It reminds me of all the Nintendo asshats who shat all over the Retro City Rampage dev for not porting to WiiU. He puts up with Nintendo's bullshit practices and puts his game on Wiiware (which cost him approximately $20,000, not counting manhours or health issues from overworking) simply because he'd previously said he was going to, knowing he'll never see a single penny from it, let alone any profit. Then the Nintendo fanboys bitch and moan and cry that he won't port it to a system that can already play the game anyways, many of them swearing they'll boycott the game and anything else he makes. The man literally pays $20,000 to work himself to sickness and all the ungrateful little shits can do is bitch at him for not doing more work to port a game to a failing system that can already play it anyways.

I don't get people sometimes. They bend over and take whatever Nintendo/EA/Microsoft/ect thrusts at them with a smile on their face, yet the second the one guy working out of his garage voices the smallest insignificant opinion all hell breaks loose.

Last edited:
Broke down, bought the bundle and beat the average. Now I'm going to get some trading cards and sell them to get some of that money I spent on Trine 2 back. :whee:

Lol. Almost bought Fez for $4.99 a few days ago. For an extra $.26 (I usually do $6 so I can split the funding an even $2 per group but things are pinching me a bit so I'm cheaping out with $1.75 per) I can have it and a bunch of other cool games? Yes please!

I can't believe I'm going to get to play Fez all over again for achievements! FTL seems awesome too. I've thought about picking it up a couple times as well.

Fez guy is just a spaz.   Too bad because its obvious he has talent and passion.   Almost seems to get in his own way.   Really the only game here I wanted,  already own ftl, mark, brutal.  Probably would bite at low $3's but missed it. early.

Kind of salty that I paid $15 for 3 copies of Trine 2 for my friends and I to play when it was on sale on Steam once and now it's in the Bundle for just $1. I wouldn't care a whole lot, but the worst part is, we haven't even played it yet...

But I've wanted FTL to be in the Bundle for a long time now. I think it was before, but it was a BTA game and I had no interest in BTA'ing at that time since I had found out that I would suck at FTL and it wouldn't really be worth it. But I want Fez too, so this is a good opportunity.

And yet you want to want to play the game that he created. Make sure you don't enjoy it, or he might unjustly benefit from the fun you are having.
I don't think he's capable of that feeling. He's probably seething right now because so many people went the 0 to fish or all charity route.

If you want to feel bad for someone, feel bad for the FTL devs who are likely getting screwed over by all charity buys by people who don't know you can choose who to give the money to and who don't want to support the asshat that is Phil Fish.

I just think Fish is a goober, but I still got the bundle and I still gave him a portion... I am not one to let someone else being a jerk affect my game choices. A game could be made by a nazi who murdered 20 babies while crashing a plane into a building and I would still buy his game if it was good.

Same applies to other establishments, I don't boycott companies because I am not going to deprive myself of a product due to the faults of others.

Lots of artists are a little odd. That's often what makes them so special. Fish is no exception. He's clearly unbalanced and I hope one day he gets the treatment he needs. He deserves our sympathy not hate.

I for one don't boycott for unreasonable excuses like "he's a jerk" or "he hates gay people" (see Shadow Complex's Orson Scott Card-one of my all time favorite sci-fi writers I might add). It shouldn't matter if they have terrible attitudes or any other strange quirk. What matters is that they produce something truly special and the world should be able to appreciate the art for what it is and not discount its significance just because its creator was not a role-model.

I just think Fish is a goober, but I still got the bundle and I still gave him a portion... I am not one to let someone else being a jerk affect my game choices. A game could be made by a nazi who murdered 20 babies while crashing a plane into a building and I would still buy his game if it was good.

Same applies to other establishments, I don't boycott companies because I am not going to deprive myself of a product due to the faults of others.
lol, I don't believe in them personally, but that attitude sure does fit the mac user stereotypes out there...lol

If anyone happens to have an extra Fez code, I'd appreciate it.
Try the free forums, and the steam key drop thread specifically.

Lots of artists are a little odd. That's often what makes them so special. Fish is no exception. He's clearly unbalanced and I hope one day he gets the treatment he needs. He deserves our sympathy not hate.

I for one don't boycott for unreasonable excuses like "he's a jerk" or "he hates gay people" (see Shadow Complex's Orson Scott Card-one of my all time favorite sci-fi writers I might add). It shouldn't matter if they have terrible attitudes or any other strange quirk. What matters is that they produce something truly special and the world should be able to appreciate the art for what it is and not discount its significance just because its creator was not a role-model.
Eh, not really. If you're all for art and bettering of the world through art, you should also have something of a social conscience and want to support positive things. Supporting a nazi or homophobe just to enjoy some dumb game? Dunno, strikes me as a pretty selfish way to look at the world.

Sounds to me like that's EXACTLY what he did. These games aren't easy/cheap to port, not when you are one guy working on your lonesome. Is there more to it or are people really just pissed that he flip-flopped and brought his game to PC?

It reminds me of all the Nintendo asshats who shat all over the Retro City Rampage dev for not porting to WiiU. He puts up with Nintendo's bullshit practices and puts his game on Wiiware (which cost him approximately $20,000, not counting manhours or health issues from overworking) simply because he'd previously said he was going to, knowing he'll never see a single penny from it, let alone any profit. Then the Nintendo fanboys bitch and moan and cry that he won't port it to a system that can already play the game anyways, many of them swearing they'll boycott the game and anything else he makes. The man literally pays $20,000 to work himself to sickness and all the ungrateful little shits can do is bitch at him for not doing more work to port a game to a failing system that can already play it anyways.

I don't get people sometimes. They bend over and take whatever Nintendo/EA/Microsoft/ect thrusts at them with a smile on their face, yet the second the one guy working out of his garage voices the smallest insignificant opinion all hell breaks loose.
Except that's not what he said. If he had just said he couldn't or didn't want to do it because it would have cost too much money or because he just didn't have to time or know-how then I'd completely understand. I would have been disappointed, sure, but I would have been fine with that.

Instead he flat out insulted PC gamers and basically acted like they didn't matter to him at all. So why should we then choose to support him a year later when he changes his mind and wants our money? If you want to that's fine, but not me.

And yet you want to want to play the game that he created. Make sure you don't enjoy it, or he might unjustly benefit from the fun you are having.
No, I don't want to play it. As a matter of fact I only beat the average to get FTL. I already traded away the Fez key as I don't want anything to do with the game.

Nice try, though. Maybe next time you should think twice before running your mouth.

what does the mac user stereotype (which is generally true beyond someone who is just an avid tech person who kind of does the one of everything model) have to do with letting people be who they want to be without nagging an complaining and treating someone poorly simply because they don't agree with me?

lol, I don't believe in them personally, but that attitude sure does fit the mac user stereotypes out there...lol

Try the free forums, and the steam key drop thread specifically.

Eh, not really. If you're all for art and bettering of the world through art, you should also have something of a social conscience and want to support positive things. Supporting a nazi or homophobe just to enjoy some dumb game? Dunno, strikes me as a pretty selfish way to look at the world.

If I ever have a real serious problem with anyone's viewpoint, it's not hard to emotionally decide that the portion of money I gave to a company just went to someone else in said company.

Here is the example I used back when everyone was freaking out at Chik-Fil-A for the boss guy being anti gay: there are thousands upon thousands of employees of chik fil a and thousands more who are indirectly employed and paid by chik fil a, if I really don't want my measly 15 dollars to go to the CEO all I have to do is decide that my portion went to the person cleaning the bathroom who has a mental disability or the new guy who finally got back into the job market and is desperate for a paycheck to feed his family. Just because I paid however much money to get fez does not mean I am handing phil Fish any of it, it can go to the others in his dev team, it could go to anyone who even has anything to do with that team and not to fish. The face or owner of a company is not the only person who works there or who benefits from my business and I don't think its fair to deprive the rest of the ecosystem of my business especially when its something I actually do want anyways.

Thats just how I view it. It doesn't need to have anything to do with owning a macbook and preferring to play games in bed vs going to the desk or couch for the gaming pc.

Re: This Phil dude being an ass. Can anyone provide a link for citation?

I BTA, 100% to Charity.

Re: This Phil dude being an ass. Can anyone provide a link for citation?

I BTA, 100% to Charity.
well watching indie game the movie shows a little bit of his personality but he actually comes off halfway decently to the stuff that he got himself caught up in since. a lot of the things he has said and done get removed, like his twitter and such. a good google search will provide a few examples.

Most recent huge one is canceling fez 2 because he can't handle trolling or people being rude, but of course he is allowed to do whatever he wants but the minute someone calls him out, he throws a tantrum and cancels his game.

The Guy is a really good troll. His Twitter avatar is Andy Kaufman. The more people play along with the character "Phil Fish" the more amusing it is. Though, I think that after being the target of "journalism", and the internet hive mind, that the dude is genuinely burned out.

Wow. Can somebody explain the Phil Fish hate to me?
Some guy on reddit hates him, so by that logic we have to hate him too or we wont get upvotes.

Anyways, really surprised to see Mark of the Ninja (GOTY 2012) in an indie bundle and on linux when it's published by microsoft.

Except that's not what he said. If he had just said he couldn't or didn't want to do it because it would have cost too much money or because he just didn't have to time or know-how then I'd completely understand. I would have been disappointed, sure, but I would have been fine with that.

Instead he flat out insulted PC gamers and basically acted like they didn't matter to him at all. So why should we then choose to support him a year later when he changes his mind and wants our money? If you want to that's fine, but not me.

No, I don't want to play it. As a matter of fact I only beat the average to get FTL. I already traded away the Fez key as I don't want anything to do with the game.

Nice try, though. Maybe next time you should think twice before running your mouth.
I didn't know anything about him insulting PC gamers. If anyone has a link they want to share I'd love to read it, otherwise I'll try to dig it up myself later. Unless he was making fun of the mentally handicapped war veterans or something, I'm inclined to give him a free pass. It's not easy being an independant developer, and they don't have the PR departments that Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft do to stop them from saying something that they may regret. If he did it several times though i'd totally boycott them.

Either way I always buy every bundle and donate all to charity (which a small humble tip if I like the bundle) so it doesn't matter either way. It's just been my experience that people hold these indie devs or smaller companies to impossibly high standards while willing to suck off their console/company of choice (my RCR example for instance; people really can be monsters sometimes).

Some guy on reddit hates him, so by that logic we have to hate him too or we wont get upvotes.

Anyways, really surprised to see Mark of the Ninja (GOTY 2012) in an indie bundle and on linux when it's published by microsoft.
CAG has upvotes?

Last edited:
The Guy is a really good troll. His Twitter avatar is Andy Kaufman. The more people play along with the character "Phil Fish" the more amusing it is. Though, I think that after being the target of "journalism", and the internet hive mind, that the dude is genuinely burned out.
Once I see that Fez 2 was never actually cancelled (which it may not be, he is just using all of this as an excuse to take a publicity break), then I will jump on the bandwagon of his entire personality and attitude is one massive troll, but If fez 2 never comes out, then it won't matter if it started as a troll or not because it got serious and he really did cancel a game.

Once I see that Fez 2 was never actually cancelled (which it may not be, he is just using all of this as an excuse to take a publicity break), then I will jump on the bandwagon of his entire personality and attitude is one massive troll, but If fez 2 never comes out, then it won't matter if it started as a troll or not because it got serious and he really did cancel a game.
Damn, allright I am going to research this a bit. If he cancelled a game over some forum comments or facebook post or twitter comment or w/e that's pretty out there.

what does the mac user stereotype (which is generally true beyond someone who is just an avid tech person who kind of does the one of everything model) have to do with letting people be who they want to be without nagging an complaining and treating someone poorly simply because they don't agree with me?

If I ever have a real serious problem with anyone's viewpoint, it's not hard to emotionally decide that the portion of money I gave to a company just went to someone else in said company.

Here is the example I used back when everyone was freaking out at Chik-Fil-A for the boss guy being anti gay: there are thousands upon thousands of employees of chik fil a and thousands more who are indirectly employed and paid by chik fil a, if I really don't want my measly 15 dollars to go to the CEO all I have to do is decide that my portion went to the person cleaning the bathroom who has a mental disability or the new guy who finally got back into the job market and is desperate for a paycheck to feed his family. Just because I paid however much money to get fez does not mean I am handing phil Fish any of it, it can go to the others in his dev team, it could go to anyone who even has anything to do with that team and not to fish. The face or owner of a company is not the only person who works there or who benefits from my business and I don't think its fair to deprive the rest of the ecosystem of my business especially when its something I actually do want anyways.

Thats just how I view it. It doesn't need to have anything to do with owning a macbook and preferring to play games in bed vs going to the desk or couch for the gaming pc.

You seriously have never heard any stereotypes of mac users/apple junkies? Again, not saying they are true or I believe them, but you have to have at least heard them, right?

I'm actually in the camp that hasn't seen IGTM or any Phil Fish assholery other than his hilariously childish fit of canceling Fez 2. When it comes to assholes I really do feel they have the right to make games if they want and the internet backlash is a bit overblown, but again, I haven't seen the movie yet. Humble put it in my account I think.

I just respond to start shit since I think the "DEFEND PHIL FISH" posts are like 1000x more outrageous and over the top than any hate. One guy posted he gave 0 to Fish and then you have a guppy army coming out to defend him. He's a grown up who probably doesn't read CAG so I doubt this is really affecting him.

When it comes to things like homophobia, racism, and so forth, I really do try to vote with my wallet. To each their own and I definitely see your point of view of not punishing everyone in the company for the owner being an asshole. I know Chick Fil A actually has some pretty good policies when it comes to employees compared to most fast food places. That said, I never ate there much outside of their free days and there are none here in Seattle so that takes care of that. Lots of other restaurants serve fried chicken breasts and nuggets so my waistline won't be getting smaller thankfully!

bread's done
Back