Humble WB Bundle - Arkham Asylum, FEAR 2&3, LOTR: War in the North. BTA for B:AC & Scribblenauts Unlimited. Bonus info

Status
Not open for further replies.

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
$1

• Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
  • F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin
  • F.E.A.R. 3
  • Lord of the Rings: War in the North
BTA

• Batman: Arkham City GOTY
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited
There is no mention of bonuses for this bundle, though they may still come. They were previously only mentioned as an incentive to beat the average when it was a requirement to get them.

Likely bonus games:

• Guardians Of Middle-earth
  • F.E.A.R.
  • Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
  • Gotham City Imposters Professional Kit
  • Batman: Arkham Origins DLC

These games are only available on Steam for Windows (with Arkham City also on Mac). There is no DRM-free option. You will need to link your Steam account with Humble to redeem them.

http://humblebundle.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep telling you guys, when EA does it the floodgates are open. Squeenix will be next.
They all laughed at you at the academy when you told them that we'd one day see a Squeenix Humble bundle. They said you were mad.

You'll have the last laugh though. They'll see. They'll rue the day that they called you mad.

I keep telling you guys, when EA does it the floodgates are open. Squeenix will be next.
I have a feeling 2K games will have a bundle before Square Enix. I doubt it was a coincidence that Bioshock 2 had GFWL patched out around the same time as the Batman games.. the timing was too perfect.

humble bundle looks slightly different than last couple of bundles; no OST, no mention of games being added next week for more BTA games

OST would have made me bite for BTA tier, but I already have Scribblenauts Unlimited and Batman AC.  Without other games being added, I am fine with $1 tier to grab LOTR

If it is a Lego game, Marvel Superheroes would be FTW

humble bundle looks slightly different than last couple of bundles; no OST, no mention of games being added next week for more BTA games
There are Humble Indie/Android Bundles, which typically have DRM-free versions, soundtracks, etc., and there are Humble Bundles like WB Games, Origin, and nearly all Weeklies which typically are Steam-only.

You know, I'm really starting to think that there's a chance that we wont be getting any bonuses for this bundle.

Edit: I kid my friend Spoderman

God I love Humble Bundle. Only time I buy PC games. $3.50 to charity, and $.75/each to WB and HB for me!

Got it when it was $4.01 feels good man.

Any guesses for the bonuses next week?
damn it, I bought in for 4.01 even though I only needed LOTR thinking that they're might be bonuses for bta. :dunce:

lego batman was added 7 days ago like the other games in this bundle, maybe that's the bonus?

Are the graphics noticeably better in the Batman games on the pc vs the PS3? I have all but the fear games on consoles, still tempted to go in.

Anyone else having trouble "redeeming" the games today? First day I linked up the FEAR games to my steam account no prob, but today the Batman games just hang at "retrieving key" on the HIB page.

Never had trouble with the old format of just getting the Steam keys...

*edit*

And suddenly....out of nowhere....SUCCESS!

Anyone else having trouble "redeeming" the games today? First day I linked up the FEAR games to my steam account no prob, but today the Batman games just hang at "retrieving key" on the HIB page.

Never had trouble with the old format of just getting the Steam keys...

This is my 1st HB purchase and I am having the exact same problem :(

I'd suggest coming back after 10-20 minutes and attempting it again. Could just be their server is getting bogged down with lots of folks trying to retrieve keys.

Still not sure why they changed the system, since you can still sell the damn games off to other people and just send them as a "gift" after getting paid thru Paypal or w/e.

*EDIT*

After that 10-20 minutes i mentioned, i got the "retrieving key" message to change to something like "you need to reconnect to steam". After doing that, clicking the dang buttons ONE MORE COTTON-PICKIN' TIME, they finally worked and showed up on my games list.

I have a feeling 2K games will have a bundle before Square Enix. I doubt it was a coincidence that Bioshock 2 had GFWL patched out around the same time as the Batman games.. the timing was too perfect.
I don't doubt that 2K may/will eventually have a Humble Bundle, but you're looking a little too deeply into the GFWL thing - it was a case of two major publishers making sure games in some of their biggest franchises got the support they needed ASAP alongside the announcement of GFWL's shutdown.

Or you could just be kidding around and it flew over my head, but uh, :booty:

Apparently these will be the bonuses.

Lord Of The Rings Guardians Of Middle Earth

F.E.A.R.

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

Gotham City Imposters Professional Kit

Batman Arkham Origins DLC

Someone posted this on the Groupees Be Mine X bundle chat.

http://s5.hostingkartinok.com/uploads/images/2013/11/8f46c4ba376b3f0a10ae4227f9724d66.png

New Humble Bundle videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbmcciQIkMo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M07nacyPJ7o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLoFxEL6TDI

Apparently this information was posted on Reddit but I read it on the chat for Be Mine X.

Apparently these will be the bonuses.

Lord Of The Rings Guardians Of Middle Earth
F.E.A.R.
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Gotham City Imposters Professional Kit
Batman Arkham Origins DLC

Someone posted this on the Groupees Be Mine X bundle chat.
http://s5.hostingkartinok.com/uploads/images/2013/11/8f46c4ba376b3f0a10ae4227f9724d66.png
New Humble Bundle videos.

Apparently this information was posted on Reddit but I read it on the chat for Be Mine X.
I don't understand why they'd put Arkham Origins DLC on there. People would only be able to redeem it if they already own it on Steam.

Putting a game up with none of it's DLC, or putting two out three games from a trilogy I get, but not putting up DLC for a game a lot of people probably don't own yet.

People would only be able to redeem it if they already own it on Steam.
Thats the point. They want you to buy the game. They are giving you a little bit more incentive to buy it.

1. To complete the trilogy (they give you the first two games)

2. To make use of the free dlc they give you.

It was the same thing with the Origin bundle. They gave you Dead Space 1 and 3 in hopes that you would buy 2.

I've already got both Batman games (bumped to GOTY by GFWL's removal) and I never got through FEAR 2 because you can't bind side mouse buttons, but I'll toss in a buckeroo to add FEAR 3 and LOTR to the pile.

Yeah this was a great bundle for me. I have a small steam library so i didn't have any of these games.  Best part is my money went to charity! 

MrNinjaSquirrel said:
Good thing it's duck season :twoguns:
rabbitduck1.jpg

I've already got both Batman games (bumped to GOTY by GFWL's removal) and I never got through FEAR 2 because you can't bind side mouse buttons, but I'll toss in a buckeroo to add FEAR 3 and LOTR to the pile.
Thanks for pointing that out. I had Arkham City non-GOTY from Amazon. I was considering whether updating to GOTY was worth it but had passed on that. After reading this, I checked and noticed I have GOTY already.

When they pulled GFWL from games, some (maybe all, not sure) got DLC added. Bioshock 2 got Minerva's Den, the Batman Arkhams became GOTY editions, though you have to redownload them and it borked the save files; not sure what happened with Fallout 3 because I already have GOTY. While everyone hated GFWL, I never had a problem with it (knock wood) and I liked having my Xbox Cheevo Score pumped up while playing on my PC.

When they pulled GFWL from games, some (maybe all, not sure) got DLC added. Bioshock 2 got Minerva's Den, the Batman Arkhams became GOTY editions, though you have to redownload them and it borked the save files; not sure what happened with Fallout 3 because I already have GOTY. While everyone hated GFWL, I never had a problem with it (knock wood) and I liked having my Xbox Cheevo Score pumped up while playing on my PC.
Check the Steam forums for Batman: AA + AC.

There are ways and programs out there that can "fix" your G4WL saves so they actually work on Steam-version. :D

EDIT:

See this thread:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/200260/discussions/0/810938810549705289/#p1

How do the Humblebundle bonus games work? Do they email you the bonus game keys/links or do you have to go back to the site to claim them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back