Hyperdimension Neptunia PS3 Set @ NISA Online Store (Free Shipping)

mxpowar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Just got an e-mail saying that Hyperdimension Neptunia is available for pre-order from the NISA online store. It's $59.99 with free shipping (you have to choose USPS/other from the scroll down menu). You also get an artbook and a set of playing cards with the game. The artbook is included with all copies but the playing cards are exclusive to NISA.

EDIT:
Pre-order is out, but here's the new link to the game. Which does NOT include the cards.
http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Neptunia-PS3-Premium-Box

Here is a trailer for the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3txGb3UTo1A

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WhiteLens']Odd they did charge me for it....maybe it's because I used PayPal.[/QUOTE]

dam your right, i was charged too, used paypal also

I was told awhile back that Paypal can't hold payments, so if you use it, you get charged right away regardless if it's a pre-order or not. Don't know if that's true, but it sounds good enough.

I got charged too, but I used Visa. I thought that using Paypal would not hold so i thought using a card would be better, but I still got charged.

EDIT: Actually my charge went away, so I guess it was just an authorization.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VyseArcad1a']I got charged too, but I used Visa. I thought that using Paypal would not hold so i thought using a card would be better, but I still got charged.[/QUOTE]

Me too, but it says pending. Same thing with my Capcom preorder. Maybe it's just to make sure you entered a valid card.

[quote name='WhiteLens']Odd they did charge me for it....maybe it's because I used PayPal.[/QUOTE]

I guess even though they switched to a new website they still charge on order regardless if it's instock or preorder instead of like most major sites and charge on shipment.

In for one, missed out on the Trinity Universe but going to have save up and find someone selling the game and art book.

[quote name='jubeininja69']lately though the gameplay has been lacking especially on idea factory games. NISA has said they were not going to pick up idea factory games anymore and i agree.[/QUOTE]
And yet they're releasing Trinity Universe, Neptunia, and Chaos Edge. Hypocrites, we are.

[quote name='artego']And yet they're releasing Trinity Universe, Neptunia, and Chaos Edge. Hypocrites, we are.[/QUOTE]
If they were at $39.99 retail, they would have been a lot easier to stomach. But asking $60 for an Idea Factory game, yick!

[quote name='zenintrude']Holy moly... Lolis ITT.

Seriously, what is the appeal of these games?

[100% serious][/QUOTE]

So an RPG/other game is only fun when that characters are 30? I'm not sure what you're asking. The point of the RPGs or the point of the lolis.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Check Best Buy. When I stopped off at one in Vegas over the holidays they had two copies for $40 a piece. Kinda :bomb: since I had bought a copy earlier in the day at Fry's for $50. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I just picked up a copy at best buy with their b2g1 sale for an even better deal. So some definitely have copies.

[quote name='zenintrude']Holy moly... Lolis ITT.

Seriously, what is the appeal of these games?

[100% serious][/QUOTE]

[quote name='WhiteLens']Yes, let's ignore the fact that half the girls in the game are pretty well-endowed.[/QUOTE]

Answered.

[quote name='jubeininja69']NISA has said they were not going to pick up idea factory games anymore and i agree.[/QUOTE]

For some reason, I don't remember them saying that at all. I remember them saying that about Hitmaker (Dragoneer's Aira, Last Rebellion) but I don't remember them saying that about anything relating to Idea Factory. I'll have to scour some articles I guess.

Seems that they are offering free shipping from now on for domestic costumers. Here's the email that I received:

Hey there, dood!

We're sending you this e-mail to inform you, in case you haven't already heard, that the NISA Online Store is now offering FREE SHIPPING for all domestic customers! We made a New Year's resolution to minimize the cost to our customers and increase the quality of our support. If you were a RosenQueen or NISA Online Store customer that left because our shipping prices were too high or you weren't happy with our customer service, we ask you to please give us a second chance!

Thank you so much for supporting us and taking the time to read this e-mail!

Have an awesome weekend year, dood!!
If you have any questions or concerns, you can reply to this e-mail or click our address below.

Best Regards,

NIS America Online Store
http://store.nisamerica.com/
[email protected]
(714) 540-1122

[quote name='Volcynika']For some reason, I don't remember them saying that at all. I remember them saying that about Hitmaker (Dragoneer's Aira, Last Rebellion) but I don't remember them saying that about anything relating to Idea Factory. I'll have to scour some articles I guess.[/QUOTE]
Hitmaker games are so horrible.

Easy platinum though. :applause:

I ordered the game, but went priority. I only did that because I worry how long it will take with free shipping (since NIS is west coast, I'm east coast). Last time I ordered Atelier Rorona from them, I got the game before release which was nice (got via Priority mail).

[quote name='Amblix']Hitmaker games are so horrible.

Easy platinum though. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Last Rebellion was so bad that I couldn't even stand the 8 hours needed to go Platnum. I was bored numb and gave up in 45 minutes, even with the "Easy Platinum" carrot waving in front of me.

[quote name='apterous']Last Rebellion was so bad that I couldn't even stand the 8 hours needed to go Platnum. I was bored numb and gave up in 45 minutes, even with the "Easy Platinum" carrot waving in front of me.[/QUOTE]

Haha, better then the Hannah Montana game at least.

I cant bring myself to do it. I have a pretty high tolerance when it comes to playing crappy games but Last Rebellion has to be the worst RPG I've ever played.

So will the LE (outside of the cards from NISA) be available in other stores? Or will stores only get the regular game?

[quote name='BrownCracker']I cant bring myself to do it. I have a pretty high tolerance when it comes to playing crappy games but Last Rebellion has to be the worst RPG I've ever played.[/QUOTE]

They're made by completely different companies.

[quote name='BrownCracker']I cant bring myself to do it. I have a pretty high tolerance when it comes to playing crappy games but Last Rebellion has to be the worst RPG I've ever played.[/QUOTE]
Same publisher =/= same developer

Is there a reason that both Gamestop and Amazon have different release dates (2/8/2011) from the NISA store?

I went ahead and ordered from Amazon, but it worries me that they don't even have a pic for the product thats only three weeks from release.

[quote name='laaj']Any news on non premium edition? I don't care for art, box, or deck of cards.[/QUOTE]
Every copy of the first printing comes with the art book and box.

So what is the verdict? Order from NISA or get it from amazon?

I already ordered from NIS so I would cancel my pre-order and get it from amazon if everything is the same other than playing cards?

I need to call them and upgrade my shipping to priority, cause I really don't want to have to wait too long to play it.

[quote name='Futune']Seems that they are offering free shipping from now on for domestic costumers. Here's the email that I received:

Hey there, dood!

We're sending you this e-mail to inform you, in case you haven't already heard, that the NISA Online Store is now offering FREE SHIPPING for all domestic customers! We made a New Year's resolution to minimize the cost to our customers and increase the quality of our support. If you were a RosenQueen or NISA Online Store customer that left because our shipping prices were too high or you weren't happy with our customer service, we ask you to please give us a second chance!

Thank you so much for supporting us and taking the time to read this e-mail!

Have an awesome weekend year, dood!!
If you have any questions or concerns, you can reply to this e-mail or click our address below.

Best Regards,

NIS America Online Store
http://store.nisamerica.com/
[email protected]
(714) 540-1122[/QUOTE]

Checked this out and sure enough, free USPS standard shipping. No tax, no shipping, plus free cards? Hell yeah! Cancelled my GS pre-order and went this way.

[quote name='TraBuch']Every copy of the first printing comes with the art book and box.[/QUOTE]

Darn. I was hoping for a $50 version without all that crud.

Does anyone have a link to Hyperdimension Neptunia's Amazon page? I've searched for it multiple times but it seems there's no page for it being retrieved.

It's $59.99 on Amazon, why would anyone want to get it from Amazon? Maybe applying the gaming credits :lol: I want the cards! It's still available for pre-order? I thought the pre-order bonus is very limited...

[quote name='Serpentor']It's $59.99 on Amazon, why would anyone want to get it from Amazon? Maybe applying the gaming credits :lol: I want the cards! It's still available for pre-order? I thought the pre-order bonus is very limited...[/QUOTE]

No tax for California residents and you might have credits or gift cards.

[quote name='bojay1997']No tax for California residents and you might have credits or gift cards.[/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure CA residents do have to pay tax.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Im pretty sure CA residents do have to pay tax.[/QUOTE]

Not on Amazon. NIS yes.

from what I saw in the video, this looks very similar to Trinity Universe, which, apart from the (very dull) dungeon-crawling, did not hold my attention.

Mind you, I played Cross Edge all the way through and would give it an 8/10 -- The battle system had an amazing amount of depth once you could wrap your head around it, and the events were amusing and quirky enough to assuage the very grindy overworld system. Also the items system was very cool.

Then Agarest War came along and I realized it was mostly the same thing, but at least it was on a TRPG grid with a different battle system. Apart from that and the inability to move freely in the overworld it was the same game.

So when I got to Trinity Universe and discovered a very dumbed-down, standard turn based battle system with uninspiring 3D graphics, a more shallow item and synthesis system, and a mind-numbingly boring dungeon crawl (Cross Edge had this too, but it made up like 20% of your non-battle time, so it wasn't as painful), I couldn't finish it.

Hyperdimension Neptunia is clearly based on the same premise. In fact, I heard sounds and saw menu systems almost identical to the aforementioned 3 games.

My recommendation is this:
If you liked any of the other PS3 generation games from these developers, wait for reviews. If you liked ALL of them, by all means pre-order. If you haven't played any of them, definitely wait for reviews, and if the most important aspect of a JRPG is the battle system, go for Cross Edge.
As for me, I'll be keeping an eye on this, but I can't risk $60 on another potential Trinity Universe.

Cross Edge - 8/10
Agarest - 7/10
Trinity Universe - 5/10
(all of the above scores go down by about one point if you've played any of the other two games, because they're fundamentally the same)

[quote name='Serpentor']It's $59.99 on Amazon, why would anyone want to get it from Amazon? Maybe applying the gaming credits :lol: I want the cards! It's still available for pre-order? I thought the pre-order bonus is very limited...[/QUOTE]

It could show up on your gold box and so an extra 5% off... no sales tax in CA... you could have GC or credit to use.

you still get the artbook... only thing extra is a deck of cards that more than likely you would never ever use.

keep in mind this game has tons of DLC in JP and it'll all get ported most likely and you will end up probably paying more in DLC than the game will be selling for 3 months after release if you buy all the DLC.

bread's done
Back