Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory! Limited Edition Pre-order at NISA

Tim7890

CAG Veteran
Just received this in my email:

http://store.nisamerica.com/Exclusives/NeptuniaV-PS3-Limited-Edition

It's that time again! Preorders are open for the third addition in the Hyperdimension Neptunia series-Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory!

neptV_horiz.jpg

With your help, our Online Store has been able to create a cool Limited Edition for this game that will be available exclusively at our Online Store! The preorder began on December 11, so please check it out!
With your purchase of Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory Limited Edition, you'll snag the following:

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory game for PlayStation 3
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory original soundtrack
Online Store exclusive: Hardcover 36-page art book
Online Store exclusive: Small Time Capsule Tin
Online Store exclusive: Large Time Capsule Tin containing all the items listed above

This rare collection can be found only at our Online Store and will be released on March 12, 2013! This set will not be available at any other time. We have already have had a large amount of this item preordered and encourage you to pick up your copy today! Once it's sold out, it's all gone!
All this can be yours for only $64.99 USD, so venture to our Online Store page to secure your copy today! You can "Press Start" on your adventure at: Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory Limited Edition preorder page

Shipping is Free

[quote name='kvntwvlf']I just pre ordered one, with my visa, and they took the money out first thing.

I thought they waited?[/QUOTE]

It'll go into pending status for a few days but then it will disappear then actually charge the card once it ships.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']It'll go into pending status for a few days but then it will disappear then actually charge the card once it ships.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay thanks!

[quote name='kvntwvlf']I just pre ordered one, with my visa, and they took the money out first thing.

I thought they waited?[/QUOTE]

By taking money out, did you actually mean they just have a temporary authorization hold? Those are very different.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Honestly, you people make me embarrassed to buy this game[/QUOTE]

Don't let the small-minded (and probably dudebro) haters shame you off. The Neptunia games are great and definitely worth it.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Don't let the small-minded (and probably dudebro) haters shame you off. The Neptunia games are great and definitely worth it.[/QUOTE]

Oh, no worries, I have the previous two LE's, I'm just sayin.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'd love for you to explain. Hahaha, so embarrassing.[/QUOTE]

You are embarrassed to buy this game, why? Because a few people are having fun with some kid who made a ditzy post?

Sounds more like to me that you have some sort of inferiority complex toward this game. You need to compensate by separating yourself from the rest of the demographic.

Alas, all it accounts to is that you've sharply misinterpreted poking fun as "getting defensive." Whether that is due to a need for something to sate your insecurity or lack of social comprehension, I can't really say. But my bet is on the former.

I do find it amusing, though, the way you keep letting us all know how embarrassed you are.

[quote name='AugustAPC']You are embarrassed to buy this game, why? Because a few people are having fun with some kid who made a ditzy post?

Sounds more like to me that you have some sort of inferiority complex toward this game. You need to compensate by separating yourself from the rest of the demographic.

Alas, all it accounts to is that you've sharply misinterpreted poking fun as "getting defensive." Whether that is due to a need for something to sate your insecurity or lack of social comprehension, I can't really say. But my bet is on the former.

I do find it amusing though, the way you keep letting us all know how embarrassed you are.[/QUOTE]

Eh, it's more of me being embarrassed for you. There's a certain group of people that use words like lolcat and they're all embarrassing.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']If I wasn't before, I was now. Yikes.[/QUOTE]
You was now, huh?

It's funny. You're openly stating that you're buying a game heavily based on internet pop-culture and memes, however, when someone acknowledges the existence of one, in a condescending manner I might add, you find yourself embarrassed.

I think I'm 'bout done with ya.

I always love it when people feel embarrassed for other people. Don't you have better things to do than to worry about how you perceive other people will be perceived by people that perceive people like you perceive people?

So how stupid that is?

[quote name='melvinmelon123']I always love it when people feel embarrassed for other people. Don't you have better things to do than to worry about how you perceive other people will be perceived by people that perceive people like you perceive people?

So how stupid that is?[/QUOTE]

Well to be fair, there are some people worth being embarrassed for. Have you ever met a true brony? You'll wish you could shut off the hearing and visual sections of your brain. Its like the equivalent of meeting an lolcat in real life.

Since my credit card is paid off. I just ordered 3 more. My future little girls or grown men would so love the preorder bonus.

I love RPG LEs, and I tried so hard to find something, anything, to convince me to buy this. Every gameplay video of the Hyperdimension Neptunia games looks like absolute garbage. I don't even mind the japanophile angle either. The battles look boring, the environments/dungeons look dull, and the characters look like the ultimate cliches.

I'll poke around some more videos to see if I can find anything convincing.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I love RPG LEs, and I tried so hard to find something, anything, to convince me to buy this. Every gameplay video of the Hyperdimension Neptunia games looks like absolute garbage. I don't even mind the japanophile angle either. The battles look boring, the environments/dungeons look dull, and the characters look like the ultimate cliches.

I'll poke around some more videos to see if I can find anything convincing.[/QUOTE]

While your poking it'll likely sell out

I guess I'm lucky it's still available. I had to sit and think on this one for a couple of days, but even if I don't open it and play it the value will still increase on it and I can sell it. I feel the same itch that others have felt.. Many things about the game-play seem iffy, but at least it has resale value if I decide to get rid of it.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I love RPG LEs, and I tried so hard to find something, anything, to convince me to buy this. Every gameplay video of the Hyperdimension Neptunia games looks like absolute garbage. I don't even mind the japanophile angle either. The battles look boring, the environments/dungeons look dull, and the characters look like the ultimate cliches.

I'll poke around some more videos to see if I can find anything convincing.[/QUOTE]

The games' main selling point is the references and throwbacks at video game history... so the game appeals to a niche within a niche.

I mean initially I wasn't playing the first game because it was an extremely hard to find game or for its gameplay, but because it's distributed/published by SEGA and the story sounds so freakishly awesome and tickles my fancy.

Nothing about the CE entices me, but definitely get this at some point. I really enjoyed the previous titles.

Just fyi on last years iteration of this series I bought the preorder of the special edition and sold my copy once it arrived on ebay the next day for $130 (cost $65, preorders of the nisa store exclusive special edition sold out a few weeks before release). So this is one of the few "worth it" special editions to get for collectors/profiteers alike.

You know, I'm starting to get real tired of hearing from the flippers in this thread. This is why I can't get Atelier Meruru (my only missing NIS CE) for a decent price.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']You know, I'm starting to get real tired of hearing from the flippers in this thread. This is why I can't get Atelier Meruru (my only missing NIS CE) for a decent price.[/QUOTE]

I actually blame the morons who pay $130 for it. If there was no market for it, prices wouldn't be that high.

It's also the reason I pre-order NIS CE's as soon as they become available.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I actually blame the morons who pay $130 for it. If there was no market for it, prices wouldn't be that high.

It's also the reason I pre-order NIS CE's as soon as they become available.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I missed the Meruru CE by a DAY. I logged in one day, saw it was below 25%, paid my Credit Card bill, went back the next day for it and it was gone. My fault, I know, but it still ticks me off to see how much fuckers mark these games up.

Doesnt really help the prices now that NIS decided to keep them as their store exclusives too. Seem's like more and more companies are doing it now, and I really dislike it.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']You know, I'm starting to get real tired of hearing from the flippers in this thread. This is why I can't get Atelier Meruru (my only missing NIS CE) for a decent price.[/QUOTE]

I don't necessarily like it when I can't find a game to either round out a collection or something that I just want but these things have value. That value is set by the company and the market and it's just part of the way things work. I recall having this same conversation every time a new Blizzard game comes out (Diablo III, SCII) and people are upset about SE's not being available due to flippers. My only response is that these editions are easy to find ahead of time and pretty well known about. That applies to these types of games as well (unless one is just finding out about them).

And there is a really good reason they are called "Collector's Editions." They are designed to be hard to get a hold of.

Don't hate the flipper, hate the people who pay the insane amounts.

I actually bought my collectors copy of HN mk2 last year to play, and I even did open it and play it for a day, but when I saw I could easily sell it for $130 even opened, it wasn't even a dilemma for me. No way in hell a skinny artbook (with pics I can find all over the internet), soundtrack cd I'll never listen to, and collecters box were worth more than $130 to me.

I took the money, and bought back a standard copy of Neptunia to play for $50, along with 2 other games I wanted on my list, and not ashamed to say so.

[quote name='JCrichton']I don't necessarily like it when I can't find a game to either round out a collection or something that I just want but these things have value. That value is set by the company and the market and it's just part of the way things work. I recall having this same conversation every time a new Blizzard game comes out (Diablo III, SCII) and people are upset about SE's not being available due to flippers. My only response is that these editions are easy to find ahead of time and pretty well known about. That applies to these types of games as well (unless one is just finding out about them).

And there is a really good reason they are called "Collector's Editions." They are designed to be hard to get a hold of.[/QUOTE]

Incorrect. You're confusing "collector's edition" with "limited edition". There is nothing to say a collector's edition can't be printed in huge quantities or easy to find. In fact, even limited edition games aren't always printed in truly limited amounts. It's all a giant marketing effort anyway to get you to pay full MSRP for a game and a bunch of cheaply made stuff that you will look at once and then put on some dusty shelf or in a box rather than waiting a few months for the inevitable price drop.

[quote name='bojay1997']Incorrect. You're confusing "collector's edition" with "limited edition". There is nothing to say a collector's edition can't be printed in huge quantities or easy to find. In fact, even limited edition games aren't always printed in truly limited amounts. It's all a giant marketing effort anyway to get you to pay full MSRP for a game and a bunch of cheaply made stuff that you will look at once and then put on some dusty shelf or in a box rather than waiting a few months for the inevitable price drop.[/QUOTE]

Don't you buy almost every CE and then complain when a box corner is slightly dented?

[quote name='bojay1997']Incorrect. You're confusing "collector's edition" with "limited edition". [/QUOTE]

I'm really not. They are one in the same and you are caught up on the semantics.

[quote name='bojay1997']There is nothing to say a collector's edition can't be printed in huge quantities or easy to find. In fact, even limited edition games aren't always printed in truly limited amounts. It's all a giant marketing effort anyway to get you to pay full MSRP for a game and a bunch of cheaply made stuff that you will look at once and then put on some dusty shelf or in a box rather than waiting a few months for the inevitable price drop.[/QUOTE]

You are letting the exceptions and recent onslaughts from big companies cloud your vision. Any company who makes a limited/collector/special edition that is easy, in comparison to a bare-bones copy, to obtain isn't releasing anything but another version of the same game with extra stuff. These Halo/Uncharted "special" editions are made in such huge quantity that they almost always end up getting massive discounts because no one buys them up and the sit around gathering dust. In short, they aren't special at all and people know it. Those are the exception not the rule.

A company like Blizzard knows how to create a true special edition and apparently so does NISA. And in this case, we are talking specifically about true limited/special/collectors edition games. Niche game thread and all that.

[quote name='JCrichton']I'm really not. They are one in the same and you are caught up on the semantics.[/QUOTE]

No, he's not. They can be completely different depending how many they make. Take a look at the Max Payne 3 or Gears of War Collector's Editions that the stores can't seem to get rid of. But if a game has a limited number that is only shipped out the first wave, then they are limited.

NIS prides on only making a certain amount because they are not huge titles and the stores would probably sit on them. It's unfortunate that the there are people who are paying these high amounts, but you can't say with a straight face that it's not ill-minded to buy something because it may be rare, then sell it for more than it's actually worth. So the honest gamers like me who just want to play the damn game have to be gouged for it if we miss out. Just tired of hearing people brag about this crap.

[quote name='JCrichton']I'm really not. They are one in the same and you are caught up on the semantics.

You are letting the exceptions and recent onslaughts from big companies cloud your vision. Any company who makes a limited/collector/special edition that is easy, in comparison to a bare-bones copy, to obtain isn't releasing anything but another version of the same game with extra stuff. These Halo/Uncharted "special" editions are made in such huge quantity that they almost always end up getting massive discounts because no one buys them up and the sit around gathering dust. In short, they aren't special at all and people know it. Those are the exception not the rule.

A company like Blizzard knows how to create a true special edition and apparently so does NISA. And in this case, we are talking specifically about true limited/special/collectors edition games. Niche game thread and all that.[/QUOTE]

Again, completely incorrect. There is no "legal" or even industry definition of a collector's edition. All it means is that it's something more than the game. There are well-made collector's editions produced in large quantities like Starcraft II for example and well-made collector's editions produced in limited quantities such as Kingdoms of Amalur. There are also lots of badly made collector's editions produced in limited quantities and lots of badly made collector's editions produced in large quantities. They are all collector's editions.

A "limited edition" is something that in theory has a limit to the print run or duration during which it's available. Again, there is also no legal or industry definition of limited.

I get that you want collector's editions to be limited or special in some way, but as I said, there is no requirement that they are and often they are not at all.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I actually blame the morons who pay $130 for it. If there was no market for it, prices wouldn't be that high.[/QUOTE]

Don't hate the player, hate the game? That's a really convenient self-absolution, not that I am taking sides either way.

If I am no mistaken, one is clearly pushing her tit into the other's on one of those images. The first game was just awful... AWFUL. I can't imagine why anyone would buy this garbage, or why anyone would spend through the nose for a copy on ebay, unless this has gone full hentai, but even then I still don't see why people would spend so much on this crap.

Not TC, I promise.

I still blame the flippers... I don't believe that there is THAT many people who will purchase it if they miss it, too. Because they flip, they charge whatever they "feel" the value is, and often many of these go unsold because they NEVER lower the price on it, banking on someone to come and buy it one day.

Besides, the more that get flipped, the less there are for actual purchasers to get a chance at getting it. I'm willing to guess that the ONLY reason this one is selling out faster than the other two, is that people are expecting to screw over real customers and earn a profit. Of course, those who are ABLE to purchase it right away and then decide to wait till the last minute... I don't really sympathize with...

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Don't you buy almost every CE and then complain when a box corner is slightly dented?[/QUOTE]

I do actually buy almost every CE/LE/SE, etc...and I am picky about the quality of stuff in my collection. That's why I feel pretty confident in explaining the difference between a CE and an LE and the fact that there is nothing to say that a nice CE can't also be produced in large quantities. I also fully recognize that CEs and LEs are foolish investments in that many of them drop in price and value and the few that remain valuable are easily offset by the many more that plummet. Luckily I'm a collector who never sells anything and my intention is simply to build my collection so I could care less about future values.

[quote name='Frahps']I still blame the flippers... the more that get flipped, the less there are for actual purchasers to get a chance at getting it. I'm willing to guess that the ONLY reason this one is selling out faster than the other two, is that people are expecting to screw over real customers and earn a profit. [/QUOTE]

THIS. I do buy most CEs of game that I want to play, and do i plan to resell them for a profit? Nope.

Why? Because I just want to play them.

Not trying to knock on anyone, but this CE is still available and has been for a while. I'm not sure why anyone is being blamed just yet when you can still pre-order it.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']No, he's not. They can be completely different depending how many they make. Take a look at the Max Payne 3 or Gears of War Collector's Editions that the stores can't seem to get rid of. But if a game has a limited number that is only shipped out the first wave, then they are limited.[/QUOTE]
And there is the rub, it's all semantics.

[quote name='bojay1997']Again, completely incorrect. There is no "legal" or even industry definition of a collector's edition. All it means is that it's something more than the game. There are well-made collector's editions produced in large quantities like Starcraft II for example and well-made collector's editions produced in limited quantities such as Kingdoms of Amalur. There are also lots of badly made collector's editions produced in limited quantities and lots of badly made collector's editions produced in large quantities. They are all collector's editions. [/QUOTE]

There can be subtle differences between non-standard releases and you continue to harp on the "Collector's Edition" wording. There are also the nonsense words that dilute things even more such as: Legendary, White, Black, Ultimate, Premium, Insane editions and so on. So to say I mean one thing when that thing encompasses them all under one roof is flat-out wrong. That is what it has become in the mainstream.

However, I return back to the point where this is a niche thread about niche versions of CEs. It would be great if you could jump in on the context. Since it matters quite a bit. ;)

[quote name='bojay1997']A "limited edition" is something that in theory has a limit to the print run or duration during which it's available. Again, there is also no legal or industry definition of limited. [/QUOTE]

Which is why you are caught up on the semantics. They all mean the same thing at this point. It's why you needed to throw the "in theory" in there. It's also the reason that prompts many people to ask things like, "anyone know if this a true limited edition?"

[quote name='bojay1997']I get that you want collector's editions to be limited or special in some way, but as I said, there is no requirement that they are and often they are not at all.[/QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with desire, it has to do with some companies devaluing the term recently and nothing more. As someone who obviously buys a ton of these things you should be aware of the trend and what versions of the games are actually harder to find. So yes, there are true collector's editions and there is the BS.

[quote name='Icehearted']Don't hate the player, hate the game? That's a really convenient self-absolution, not that I am taking sides either way.

If I am no mistaken, one is clearly pushing her tit into the other's on one of those images. The first game was just awful... AWFUL. I can't imagine why anyone would buy this garbage, or why anyone would spend through the nose for a copy on ebay, unless this has gone full hentai, but even then I still don't see why people would spend so much on this crap.

Not TC, I promise.[/QUOTE]

*checks*

yep, there's some tit pushing.

Shame, when I first heard about this series, I thought it sounded hilarious--the idea that the characters represent different consoles. That's a genuinely funny idea but it seems like it's un-ironically anime'd out.

[quote name='JCrichton']And there is the rub, it's all semantics.

There can be subtle differences between non-standard releases and you continue to harp on the "Collector's Edition" wording. There are also the nonsense words that dilute things even more such as: Legendary, White, Black, Ultimate, Premium, Insane editions and so on. So to say I mean one thing when that thing encompasses them all under one roof is flat-out wrong. That is what it has become in the mainstream.

However, I return back to the point where this is a niche thread about niche versions of CEs. It would be great if you could jump in on the context. Since it matters quite a bit. ;)

Which is why you are caught up on the semantics. They all mean the same thing at this point. It's why you needed to throw the "in theory" in there. It's also the reason that prompts many people to ask things like, "anyone know if this a true limited edition?"

It has nothing to do with desire, it has to do with some companies devaluing the term recently and nothing more. As someone who obviously buys a ton of these things you should be aware of the trend and what versions of the games are actually harder to find. So yes, there are true collector's editions and there is the BS.[/QUOTE]

I just don't agree that limited quantities have anything to do with something being a collector's edition. Diablo III and Starcraft II weren't limited, they were simply very popular and well made and therefore sold out. At the same time, Mist of Pandaria Collector's Edition didn't sell out but my understanding is that it was pretty well made. In my opinion, a true collector's edition is something that gives fans of a particular game series some neat additional items or content. It doesn't matter to me if five million people or five people also get it as my value and enjoyment in an item doesn't come from some inflated sense that I have something exclusive. Personally, I like when a well made collector's edition is available to as many people as possible. I like other people to be happy and derive no pleasure from knowing that they aren't.

[quote name='barrit']Not trying to knock on anyone, but this CE is still available and has been for a while. I'm not sure why anyone is being blamed just yet when you can still pre-order it.[/QUOTE]

Excellent point. It's down to less than 25% stock but still there for the buying.

[quote name='barrit']Not trying to knock on anyone, but this CE is still available and has been for a while. I'm not sure why anyone is being blamed just yet when you can still pre-order it.[/QUOTE]

It is, but with 2 months still until the actual release date, you can see the speed of JUST how fast it's selling at. I guarantee it'll be gone in a few days, and then wait and see all those that'll come to these topics and were expecting it to be up for another month longer. Just look at the Ni no Kuni topic, although that's understandable since they weren't totally clear on the end dates...

[quote name='Icehearted']Don't hate the player, hate the game? That's a really convenient self-absolution, not that I am taking sides either way.

Not TC, I promise.[/QUOTE]

It's not self-absolution if I'm not flipping copies.

[quote name='Frahps']It is, but with 2 months still until the actual release date, you can see the speed of JUST how fast it's selling at. I guarantee it'll be gone in a few days, and then wait and see all those that'll come to these topics and were expecting it to be up for another month longer. Just look at the Ni no Kuni topic, although that's understandable since they weren't totally clear on the end dates...[/QUOTE]

There is absolutely no reason to expect this to be up for another month so those people are morons.

Furthermore, every game release is "limited" in that they won't produce the game forever.

[quote name='bojay1997']I just don't agree that limited quantities have anything to do with something being a collector's edition. [/QUOTE]I got that.

:lol:

;)

[quote name='bojay1997']Diablo III and Starcraft II weren't limited, they were simply very popular and well made and therefore sold out. At the same time, Mist of Pandaria Collector's Edition didn't sell out but my understanding is that it was pretty well made. In my opinion, a true collector's edition is something that gives fans of a particular game series some neat additional items or content. It doesn't matter to me if five million people or five people also get it as my value and enjoyment in an item doesn't come from some inflated sense that I have something exclusive. Personally, I like when a well made collector's edition is available to as many people as possible. I like other people to be happy and derive no pleasure from knowing that they aren't.[/QUOTE]I can dig it.

If you are looking for some kind of definition (since much of the industry has muddied up the mainstream waters so much) you can just go straight to the words themselves. Some people collect stuff that is mundane and easy to find but the real definition is that of something that is truly worth collecting and contains an amount of rarity.

Since they are easy to find and I've enjoyed the exchange here is some examples to back up the point:

From thefreedictionary.com:
collector's item, piecen (Fine Arts & Visual Arts / Antiques):
a thing regarded as being exquisite or rare and thus worthy of the interest of one who collects such things

And wikipedia adds further convolution to the discussion:
The terms special edition, limited edition, and variants such as deluxe edition or collector's edition, are used as a marketing incentive for various kinds of products, originally published products related to the arts, such as books, prints, or recorded music and films, but now including cars and fine wine, among other products. A limited edition is restricted in the number of copies produced, although in fact the number may be very low or very high. A special edition implies there is extra material of some kind included. The term is frequently used on DVD film releases, often when the so-called special edition is actually the only version released.
Collector's edition may just be another term for special edition. It may also refer to books in special limited and numbered editions, sometimes hand-bound, and signed by the artist and containing one or more original works or prints produced directly from their work and printed under their supervision.

In short, if something is labeled as an edition for collectors it should contain something worthy of collecting. And that in itself should also limit the amount of access to the item. Hence something being a true collector's edition/item/DVD/stained glass tin kitty sculpture.

And just in case some folks haven't seen it, this version of Jim Sterling's (NSFW!) Jimquisition at the escapist.com is well worth the 6 minutes. It goes on a tangent where this conversation is concerned but the sentiment is still there. :)

[quote name='gettinmoney662']There is absolutely no reason to expect this to be up for another month so those people are morons.[/QUOTE]

That's a bit harsh considering not everyone has the cash-money to get it "right away" and they may need to wait but ... yeah. If ya want it, don't wait. That is foolish and leaves the door open to disappointment and blaming others.

bread's done
Back