Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory! Limited Edition Pre-order at NISA

Tim7890

CAG Veteran
Just received this in my email:

http://store.nisamerica.com/Exclusives/NeptuniaV-PS3-Limited-Edition

It's that time again! Preorders are open for the third addition in the Hyperdimension Neptunia series-Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory!

neptV_horiz.jpg

With your help, our Online Store has been able to create a cool Limited Edition for this game that will be available exclusively at our Online Store! The preorder began on December 11, so please check it out!
With your purchase of Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory Limited Edition, you'll snag the following:

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory game for PlayStation 3
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory original soundtrack
Online Store exclusive: Hardcover 36-page art book
Online Store exclusive: Small Time Capsule Tin
Online Store exclusive: Large Time Capsule Tin containing all the items listed above

This rare collection can be found only at our Online Store and will be released on March 12, 2013! This set will not be available at any other time. We have already have had a large amount of this item preordered and encourage you to pick up your copy today! Once it's sold out, it's all gone!
All this can be yours for only $64.99 USD, so venture to our Online Store page to secure your copy today! You can "Press Start" on your adventure at: Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory Limited Edition preorder page

Shipping is Free

[quote name='JCrichton']That's a bit harsh considering not everyone has the cash-money to get it "right away" and they may need to wait but ... yeah. If ya want it, don't wait. That is foolish and leaves the door open to disappointment and blaming others.[/QUOTE]

Well, then get a credit card or too bad.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Well, then get a credit card or too bad.[/QUOTE]

Because EVERYBODY can get one of those...

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Well, then get a credit card or too bad.[/QUOTE]
I assume you are aware that not everyone can get a CC. And even if they can they may be in a financial situation where money just doesn't allow at that point.

When it comes to those that wait, I'm talking about people who literally were waiting until the last date that is listed that the pre-orders would be up until. I remember MANY angry people on the NISA forums back then, blaming NISA for selling out before the date (because it's their fault for selling out, you know).

Also for some reason, many people seem to think that these websites charge right away, and don't know about the pending charge. They assume that you NEED the money right then and there, even though the pending charge never actually goes towards your bill and drops off shortly after. Because of this is another reason they don't pre-order, in assuming they need the money right then and there.

[quote name='JCrichton']I assume you are aware that not everyone can get a CC. And even if they can they may be in a financial situation where money just doesn't allow at that point.[/QUOTE]

Then they neither get an LE nor are they entitled to an LE.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Then they neither get an LE[/QUOTE]

Well, duh.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']nor are they entitled to an LE.[/QUOTE]No one is entitled to anything.

[quote name='JCrichton']I assume you are aware that not everyone can get a CC. And even if they can they may be in a financial situation where money just doesn't allow at that point.[/QUOTE]

If a person's money situation is that bad, gaming shouldnt really be a priority in life at that time. Take care of necessities.

[quote name='addicted2games']If a person's money situation is that bad, gaming shouldnt really be a priority in life at that time. Take care of necessities.[/QUOTE]

I have to say I agree with that. I cringe on a regular basis when I read posts from people complaining about authorizations on their credit cards for preorder items. If you're living paycheck to paycheck, there is absolutely no reason you should be preordering video games.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Then they neither get an LE nor are they entitled to an LE.[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting for someone to throw out the "entitled" word in this discussion, just wouldn't be CAG without it nowadays it seems.

[quote name='addicted2games']If a person's money situation is that bad, gaming shouldnt really be a priority in life at that time. Take care of necessities.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

I am by NO means wealthy or have an endless flow of cash (I'm a teaching assistant!), but I've managed to get in on each NIS CE.

That was pretty much what I was getting at.

I mean, if you've followed the NISA Exclusive releases, you should know that something is going to get released within 3-5 months of the last one. It's not like this is the first time that this kind of thing has happened.

People really need to get off their high horses. This thing STILL is available, and was for months. And we know how every other exclusive ended up from their store. Just got called a flipper last night myself for attempting to order a second copy of Persona 4 Solid Gold (I opened my first one, and planned to keep the second sealed).

If you miss out on something (Whether you didnt have the money, or procrastinated), its your own damn fault.

[quote name='drtomoe123']I mean, if you've followed the NISA Exclusive releases, you should know that something is going to get released within 3-5 months of the last one. It's not like this is the first time that this kind of thing has happened.[/QUOTE]

Not always true, the MK2 CE hasn't been back on the site since it sold out.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Not always true, the MK2 CE hasn't been back on the site since it sold out.[/QUOTE]

I think he means that a new CE (from a new game) comes out every 3-5 months.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Not always true, the MK2 CE hasn't been back on the site since it sold out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I think he means that a new CE (from a new game) comes out every 3-5 months.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Since they started doing the Store exclusives, they've released:

Neptunia MK2 - Feb. 28th, 2012 (went up for pre-order in December)
(3 months)
Meruru - May 29th, 2012 (went up for pre-order in March)
(5 months)
Mugen Souls - Oct. 30th, 2012 (went up for pre-order in August)
(4 1/2 months)
Neptunia Victory - Mar. 12th, 2013 (went up for pre-order in December)

It's not like they're throwing any curveballs or anything.

...just like the fact that this game will probably be delayed a week or two, as usual. ;)

[quote name='dgwillia006']People really need to get off their high horses. This thing STILL is available, and was for months. And we know how every other exclusive ended up from their store. Just got called a flipper last night myself for attempting to order a second copy of Persona 4 Solid Gold (I opened my first one, and planned to keep the second sealed).

If you miss out on something (Whether you didnt have the money, or procrastinated), its your own damn fault.[/QUOTE]It was BS in that thread, too. What people do with their money is no one else's biz.

It's sad how resellers/flippers get so much stigma and flack about doing stuff to get a little more income like it's a bad thing.

[quote name='SEGAMew']It's sad how resellers/flippers get so much stigma and flack about doing stuff to get a little more income like it's a bad thing.[/QUOTE]

Because they take from someone else in doing so.

Here's an extreme example: imagine the good in question was bread and there was a limited supply. Would you be cool with someone buying extra with the sole intent to sell it for profit? Probably not.

[quote name='JCrichton']It was BS in that thread, too. What people do with their money is no one else's biz.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Yet people always make a habit of making it our business when they are flipping for a profit. And again, it's aggravating to hear it when you're just trying to get a copy for themselves. It will forever be an ongoing battle on CAG as long as they speak up about it.

I preordered my copy on day 1. It's not about me, it's about the principle.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Here's an extreme example: imagine the good in question was bread and there was a limited supply. Would you be cool with someone buying extra with the sole intent to sell it for profit? Probably not.[/QUOTE]Did you just seriously try and equate an entertainment product with food? No one will starve because they don't have a special edition lunchbox.

That's not an extreme example, it's a nonsensical one.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']It's not about me, it's about the principle.[/QUOTE]To be fair, if it's about the principle, it is about you because it's your principles people are "violating."

;)

[quote name='JCrichton']Did you just seriously try and equate an entertainment product with food? No one will starve because they don't have a special edition lunchbox.

That's not an extreme example, it's a nonsensical one.[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't, hence the phrase "extreme example."

[quote name='gettinmoney662']No, I didn't, hence the phrase "extreme example."[/QUOTE]The two are not comparable.

Something needed to live =/= a luxury item. Not even in an extreme world. ;)

[quote name='bojay1997']I have to say I agree with that. I cringe on a regular basis when I read posts from people complaining about authorizations on their credit cards for preorder items. If you're living paycheck to paycheck, there is absolutely no reason you should be preordering video games.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. That was what I had in mind with my earlier comment about this CE being available for a while already. I ordered it on 12/11. If someone still can't come up with the funds for this, in my opinion, humbly priced CE (considering we seem to be moving into a trend of $150 CEs) then they really should put that money towards something else.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Because they take from someone else in doing so.

Here's an extreme example: imagine the good in question was bread and there was a limited supply. Would you be cool with someone buying extra with the sole intent to sell it for profit? Probably not.[/QUOTE]

Yes I would be cool with it. Make your own bread :booty:

[quote name='barrit']Agreed. That was what I had in mind with my earlier comment about this CE being available for a while already. I ordered it on 12/11. If someone still can't come up with the funds for this, in my opinion, humbly priced CE (considering we seem to be moving into a trend of $150 CEs) then they really should put that money towards something else.[/QUOTE]

That's a good point too, the CE is only $5 more than a regular MSRP game.

As the guy who flipped last HN mk2 collector edition last year for $130, I have to say- the game released at the end of February and the preorder for it went up back in December. It was only at some point in February that the preorder sold out.

Its not like the preorder went up, and BAM! sold out & next thing you know there are 20,000 Ebay listings.

People just actually thought they could get the collectors edition at launch and when they found out they couldn't, they were more than willing to pay $130-150 or so for a copy, even though the standard edition was available in large quantities.

So all I can say is for the new game which releases end of March, the preorder for the collector edition is up- its been there for a month or more now- can't say it will be there in a month or two. All you got to do is place the order, your card won't even be charged until the game is ready to be shipped, so your not losing anything by taking a minute to place the order.

All I know, is my copy will be here & I do intend to play the game, but if I see collectors edition copies getting bids for up to $150 or more on EBAY again, I'll gladly make a $100 profit selling a lunchbox & cheapy artbook/soundttrack disc after rebuying a standard version for myself. I won't sell for $15-20 profit, I'd rather keep the collectors item, but for $100, LOL they can have that lunchbox.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Because they take from someone else in doing so.[/QUOTE]So they're stealing? Eh, more like redistributing.

Here's an extreme example: imagine the good in question was bread and there was a limited supply. Would you be cool with someone buying extra with the sole intent to sell it for profit? Probably not.
The stupidity of this analogy is beyond words. You don't need a booby lunch tin to survive. And booby lunch tins are a fad, have a limited niche appeal, and will be intentionally halted after a preset amount, whereas bread will always be around until the earth stops giving.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Because they take from someone else in doing so.

Here's an extreme example: imagine the good in question was bread and there was a limited supply. Would you be cool with someone buying extra with the sole intent to sell it for profit? Probably not.[/QUOTE]

That someone else can still purchase it, just at a higher price. Said item is still available to them, just not at the "debut" price. Really the concept shouldn't be no different than Toys R Us charging $9.99 for a Zecora toy, selling out, then restock at $16.99 after realizing the 3 inch plastic zebra pony toy sells.

Is earning a little extra income really that bad? Or maybe people just have an issue when they themselves aren't making any extra cash ;)

And that bread example... when my family used to still live in Asian like 40 years ago, they would go to the local flea market early in the morning to buy the lower priced veggies, then travel to the larger city super market and resell them there to in a little more to pay for living expenses.

I'm pretty sure not every flipper out there is using their profits on illegal drugs, weapons of mass destruction, sex slaves, whatever. I personally use my profits to pay for neccessities like car insurance, property tax, food, etc. untill I get a job that pays $25/hr.

[quote name='HakaHina']I don't care what you guys intend to do with your copy but at least keep that info to yourselves.[/QUOTE]I bought 3 extra copies just incase for profit. :)

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Ok people... Collectors will be collectors, flippers will be flippers. Can we move on now please?[/QUOTE]
I agree and some collectors are flippers. Pays for their own copies of games.

i bet if people keep complaining about flippers, the flippers will eventually feel ashamed and stop what they're doing. So complaining about flippers is really worthwhile. :roll:

[quote name='cgxcswim']It is now OOS...start the complaining about not getting one...[/QUOTE]

If I was a little girl, I'd be really disappointed. :)

[quote name='PetersHere']If I was a little girl, I'd be really disappointed. :)[/QUOTE]

Lol... I really should have preordered but I'm not a fan of the series and I really need to cutback on buying things just because I can. My loss I suppose. I hope everyone that wanted one got one. I'm bummed I didn't pull the trigger on the Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition but I don't feel bad about missing out on this.

Also I really hope people don't start bitching. This thread was live and active for a long enough time where everyone should have had a chance to get an order in.

[quote name='GBAstar']Lol... I really should have preordered but I'm not a fan of the series and I really need to cutback on buying things just because I can. My loss I suppose. I hope everyone that wanted one got one. I'm bummed I didn't pull the trigger on the Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition but I don't feel bad about missing out on this.

Also I really hope people don't start bitching. This thread was live and active for a long enough time where everyone should have had a chance to get an order in.[/QUOTE]

This entire thread has just turned into one big troll/bitchfest. Sad really.

Oh well, can't wait to get mine.

I decided not to order one. I just think the game looks awful. That said, if people missed out I'm sure that they'll either restock or they'll pop up for a good price somewhere else. This game isn't going to be in high demand.

Glad I got my order in. I have all three LEs...except that I haven't opened them. Maybe I should start playing 'em.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I decided not to order one. I just think the game looks awful. That said, if people missed out I'm sure that they'll either restock or they'll pop up for a good price somewhere else. This game isn't going to be in high demand.[/QUOTE]

Tell that to the other two Hyper Dimension Limited Editions.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I decided not to order one. I just think the game looks awful. That said, if people missed out I'm sure that they'll either restock or they'll pop up for a good price somewhere else. This game isn't going to be in high demand.[/QUOTE]

The other games LE's would like to have a word with you sir.

[quote name='dgwillia006']I give it about a day before the ultra procrastinators come and start whining[/QUOTE]

They can start a day early because it's OOS.

OUT OF STOCK WHAT THE FUN~!!@!@!@# NISA SUCKS!!! I was all ready to buy my 8th and 9th copy to just throw away to increase the rarity but NOOOO stupid flippers!!!#@ DIE IN A FIRE YOU JERSK!

bread's done
Back