I am fixated on being seen as a winner, nOTT the process of becoming one

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='manthing']Everybody Wants Some!! 50 pts
Play with a Mercenaries 2 developer or a player who already has this Achievement.

:bomb:[/quote]

I already have that Manthing I'll hook you up later.

[quote name='tiredfornow']That should be easy, manthing.[/quote]

Maybe you're right...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I already have that Manthing I'll hook you up later.[/quote]

:whistle2:s

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I kid...I kid. I do need the GTAIV one still though :whistle2:([/quote]

Heh, I think me and Joe got that the same game...

It was like WTF? Nice!

I just weighed all the books in my backpack that I carried all day long walking and on my bike...

98 lbs total. I dont know how this damn bag is still stitched together, and I might have dislocated something....PAIN!!!!

Harvard will launch an investigation into the campus police department after complaints that officers have unfairly stopped black students, professors, and other university community members because of their race.

In an email to senior university administrators and faculty today, President Drew Gilpin Faust announced the creation of a six-member committee to review the police department's diversity training, community outreach, and recruitment efforts. It will be led by Ralph Martin, former Suffolk County district attorney and managing partner of the Boston office of Bingham McCutcheon.

"All of us share an interest in sustaining constructive relations between our campus police and the broader Harvard community, in order to provide a safe and welcoming environment for all faculty, students, staff, and visitors...." Faust wrote in her email. "I am confident that this group's efforts will help the University address this important set of issues in a constructive spirit and forthright manner."

Earlier this month, Faust noted, officers confronted a person using tools to remove a lock from a locked bicycle. The person, whom others familiar with the case have identified as a black Boston high school student working on the Harvard campus this summer, owned the bicycle, and was trying to cut the lock because the key had broken off in the lock.

Black students and faculty also protested after police interrupted a field day on the Radcliffe Quad in spring 2007 sponsored by the Harvard Black Men's Forum and the Association of Black Harvard Women. Police asked whether the black student groups had permission to be there.

And in 2004, police stopped a prominent black Harvard professor as he was walking to his office across Harvard Yard because they mistook him for a robbery suspect.

Ummm... I can kinda understand why they were stopping him.

[quote name='lordwow']Ummm... I can kinda understand why they were stopping him.[/QUOTE]

You've got to be fucking kidding me - they've got a legitimate reason to "confront" the guy (whatever that actually entailed), and now they're in trouble because he was black and it's somehow become racism? :wall:

It doesn't matter what the guy's race was - if you're using tools to force a lock off of a bike, chances are good you might be trying to steal it.

God, I love free stuff. They throw shit at you here.

I got 3 bags and 2 tshirts today, and I was just walking past some booths. :cool:

OTT makes decisions for Makler time: Too Human for $49.99 ... yay or nay?

[quote name='thekeybladewars']I can't find my favorite pair of jeans... damn.[/quote]

Pics of your favorite jeans?
with you in them :whee: (don't beat me up Robby Robot)

[quote name='Maklershed']OTT makes decisions for Makler time: Too Human for $49.99 ... yay or nay?[/QUOTE]

Nay. I think it'll drop in price pretty quickly, once all of the Dennis Dyack stories fade away.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']I'm impressed, liquid.[/QUOTE]

I also got free brekkers this morning, ate some of my roomie's food for lunch, and I'm getting free dinner in a bit. :cool:

[quote name='Moxio']Lol at Liquid reveling in cheap free stuff when he pays $25K a year for it. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Should we tell him it'll all vanish once classes start and nobody cares about giving free stuff to the freshmen anymore? :shock:

Except I'm paying for classes and dorms, Moxio, not the rest of this stuff. Free is free. :cool:

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Should we tell him it'll all vanish once classes start and nobody cares about giving free stuff to the freshmen anymore? :shock:[/QUOTE]Aw, really?

Well, free food is pretty easy to come by, and I know I'm getting at least a few more shirts for sure.

Hey OTT.

The Package didn't come today LP.

Also, would you like your copy of V for Vendetta back Joe? I would probably also let you borrow my Watchmen, however you would be best off just buying it again because it is so awesome.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Aw, really?

Well, free food is pretty easy to come by, and I know I'm getting at least a few more shirts for sure.[/QUOTE]

It did here. There's some stuff going on throughout the year, but it's a lot less often and, usually, not nearly as good.

Oh, I didn't notice. I didn't get a PM, my box must have been full.

Yeah, everything got here in great condition. Thanks.

Being sick sucks, being sick and having classes sucks even more. Whats worse is that, since the antibiotics i had last week didn't work, the doc thinks it's a virus.

[quote name='darthbudge']Hey OTT.

The Package didn't come today LP.[/quote]

fucking USPS...I don't get it Budge...it was next day to Michigan but its been 2 days and nothing to Texas...weird.

I'll can PM you the delivery confirmation if you want.

[quote name='darthbudge']Hey OTT.

The Package didn't come today LP.

Also, would you like your copy of V for Vendetta back Joe? I would probably also let you borrow my Watchmen, however you would be best off just buying it again because it is so awesome.[/quote]

Budge, trade me a good graphic novel for The Walking Dead.

Wow...this actually sounds pretty badass. too bad LucasArts are pansies.

Meet Star Wars Force Unleashed' Corpse Droid, Who Desecrates The Dead

Corpse_Droidfront.jpg

The new Star Wars video game, The Force Unleashed, could have been one messed up experience, judging from some early concept art that appears in the new making-of book. Especially the Corpse Droid, who must have come from a delightfully deranged mind. Originally thought of as the buddy-bot to the Secret Apprentice, the droid's obsession with becoming organic causes him to do a lot of unsightly things to slain stromtroopers.

According the behind-the-scenes guidebook, The Art And Making Of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, the Corpse Droid was a "reverse cyborg." This droid was so obsessed with becoming organic, he would either hack off the parts of the people the Secret Apprentice killed, or resort to "cold-blooded murder" himself. As he acquired the human parts he needed, his look would change through the video game, as you can see in the concept art from Greg Knight.
The idea bounced around from the Corpse Droid being his own villain, to a member of the Apprentice's team as the funny sidekick. But in the end as the Secret Apprentice's team took shape they, "realized that the Corpse Droid was too outlandish and would not fit the group dynamic," and that it would be "too dark."

medium_2800066649_41ae5ab73c_o.jpg

[quote name='Maklershed']Budge, trade me a good graphic novel for The Walking Dead.[/quote]

Well the only two graphic novels I have are V for Vendetta and Watchmen. Which are both excellent, but I definately don't want to trade Watchmen, and I am not sure if I would want to trade V for Vendetta.

[quote name='darthbudge']Well the only two graphic novels I have are V for Vendetta and Watchmen. Which are both excellent, but I definately don't want to trade Watchmen, and I am not sure if I would want to trade V for Vendetta.[/quote]

I think you bought Watchmen from me. :lol:

And I have/had V For Vendetta. What other good graphic novels are there?

In unrelated news, I'm watching last night's x-play and they're showing off the new Lara Croft model and she's doing .. stuff. :drool:

[quote name='Maklershed']I think you bought Watchmen from me. :lol:

And I have/had V For Vendetta. What other good graphic novels are there?

In unrelated news, I'm watching last night's x-play and they're showing off the new Lara Croft model and she's doing .. stuff. :drool:[/quote]

Nope, I got Watchmen from amazon I think...

Anyway, I also recommend 30 Days of Night and Y: The Last Man.

I think you might like Y: The Last Man alot, it has a pretty cool story and characters. Plus lots of Lesbian sex later in the series.

Speaking of which, I need to read the rest of that series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back