I was waiting for a new OTT to wish JohnnyFoxDarko a happy birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='manthing']No, I don't.

You can get a lower-end notebook every other weekend @ BB for -$200+. I can get a netbook with a larger screen for >$100 less anyday of the week. Both machines can do more than the iPad.

Plus, both of the above machines will include a power adapter that's longer than 4 ft. :roll:

There has been no mention of the ability to play HD vids. Plus with no native Flash, there is no hope for it either.

This machine is for people who might want a Kindle, but want internet as well.

This thing is DOA* until the first refresh in

[quote name='Brak']When / how do you get the Mass Effect preorder bonus from Amazon?[/QUOTE]
Last I read- It was going to be emailed 10 days after either shipping or processing

[quote name='Chika']KindleDX is $489, anyone considering one would also consider an iPad at $499.[/QUOTE]

Those 'anyones' would be dumb, as the Kindle includes free 3G coverage for life.

Granted, there's no browser and it's only for downloads, but free is free.

[quote name='manthing']Those 'anyones' would be dumb, as the Kindle includes free 3G coverage for life.

Granted, there's no browser and it's only for downloads, but free is free.[/QUOTE]

and it's only black and white display.

And there's so many bestsellers with colored text and color pictures.

Remember, you're the reason I'm drunk and angry at this POS iPud

[quote name='manthing']And there's so many bestsellers with colored text and color pictures.

Remember, you're the reason I'm drunk and angry at this POS iPud[/QUOTE]

On the KindleDX site they advertise using it to show graphs, charts and business documents. THEY often have colors.

[quote name='Brak']When / how do you get the Mass Effect preorder bonus from Amazon?[/QUOTE]

You should have gotten in on them when they were free...I got them all :booty:

To answer your question, it's usually within 10 days of the ship date.

[quote name='manthing']And there's so many bestsellers with colored text and color pictures.

Remember, you're the reason I'm drunk and angry at this POS iPud[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

--

fucking Droid browser (and mini-Opera, which you can install on Droid) has flash.
Why the fuck doesn't apple give people flash on these devices -- how much more sellable do they instantly become? It's not fucking rocket science, Apple -- your youtube app gargles manjuice... give me real flash support.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']

fucking Droid browser (and mini-Opera, which you can install on Droid) has flash.
Why the fuck doesn't apple give people flash on these devices -- how much more sellable do they instantly become? It's not fucking rocket science, Apple -- your youtube app gargles manjuice... give me real flash support.[/QUOTE]

Why give the masses Flash support when they'll pay for an app that'll play videos(with respect to the new NYT app)?

Since Palm refuses to license WebOS to decent hardware makers, they better have a decent phone soon.

It's strictly a business factor, frost. If they were to allow flash on their web browser, a lot of apps in their store would be rendered useless and unprofitable since flash would enable them to use it in their web browser rather than downloading/ purchasing it from their app store.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']It's strictly a business factor[/QUOTE]

But it's a penny wise, pound foolish decision. It's very similar to their 90's mindset which almost killed the company.

If Apple keeps denying standard functionality in favor of overpriced apps, people will leave the iPhone platform.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Apple is da bes, mang.[/QUOTE]

Why do you give JJ a reason to troll?

:whistle2:|

The iPad sucks in its current form

Alcohol isn't for me, JohnnyFoxDarko.[quote name='manthing']Why do you give JJ a reason to troll?

:whistle2:|

The iPad sucks in its current form[/QUOTE]I really do like Apple products though, moonshinething.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I really do like Apple products though, moonshinething.[/QUOTE]

I like the iPhone too, man.

Apple products? Not so much.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']Apple's business model works for them. What incentive gives them to change it?[/QUOTE]

Damn, I forgot a business model>>>than consumer choice.

My bad.

Now I remember why I hated Apple so much pre-iPhone.

Which is why I'm betting on a homebrew scene. Apple won't give much choice since people buy their products and they make a nice profit off it. But a homebrew scene will give you the choice you look for, mang.

[quote name='Brak']
20246_271013798665_734038665_3471067_392760_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Bad.ass.

I'm assuming you did that? If so, don't let that dirty diarrhea sprayin messican dj erase it.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Banksy tagged a few spots in Salt Lake while he was here for Sundance, and the city has removed most of them. :[[/QUOTE]

I was lucky enough to find a Banksy on accident when I was in LA. Never thought I'd see one in real life.

Man Ebay really sucks, you can't even find many good deals anymore, everyone is trying to make a living off selling stuff.

That iPad thing is hilarious, it really is an over sized iPod/iPhone.

How is that innovative exactly?

edit: Their thought process must have been:

"Well we need a new product, but don't want to spend too much time/money on designing it."

"Lets just make the iPod touch bigger"

"Brilliant!"

:rofl:

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']I personally think it'll be great for school. I'm probably gonna get the 64gb wifi model.[/QUOTE]
Uh, why? A $300 netbook invalidates the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back