I was waiting for a new OTT to wish JohnnyFoxDarko a happy birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yes, I draw unbelievable artworks and write legibly with the tip of my finger. fuck a point. Who needs precision?[/QUOTE]

You're talking to someone who types with his knees.

My laptop is almost dead. I don't game. I surf the internet, store digital pictures and music. I dont do anything overly taxing to the system. Something like this could replace my laptop. I was looking at getting a netbook but i'd rather have the touch screen. i don't do massive ammounts of typing on my personal computer, i have girl hands, an on-screen keyboard would be more than enough for me. if i got something like that, i could go with a ghetto ass cell phone for calling only and be done with it.

If Apple's serious about positioning this between the iPhone and the Macbook, I wouldn't be surprised to see it around Mac Mini pricing. Somewhere around $6-700, and maybe less with some sort of contract in there.

there's a techie on twitter who says he was given an iPad 2 weeks ago to review and he has the "upgraded" model with 2 cameras so not can it take pictures of you, you can take photo/video of what you're looking at at the same time.

$799? i'm hoping for less though.

apple-tablet-keynote_163.jpg

Sold!

I kid...i kid...

[quote name='JJSP']No contract is really, really nice.[/QUOTE]

AT&T really, really sucks.

Enjoy you're 5GB/month. Unless AT&T has different T&Cs for the iPad(ugh).

[quote name='Chika']wasn't that $10 for the app?[/QUOTE]

Weren't you the one who scolded me for feeding trolls earlier?

[quote name='Chika']wasn't that $10 for the app?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was kidding as noted on my spoiler.

$500...what a ripoff...just buy a netbook.

I've read that the majority of people don't like interfacing with a computer using a pen.

The thinking is that, if the work is complex enough that you need a pen, most people start wishing they had a keyboard. And if it's simple enough that you don't need a pen, they start wishing you could do everything by finger. Thus one theory is that one of the reason for the failures of tablet pc's is that the pen interface isn't ideal.

Please note that LP will likely buy one and attempt to sell it to the OTT for a profit two months later.

Also,
macbook_air_back_440.jpg

LP will buy one and bitch about difficulty using iTunes and os x even thought my sister figured out os x on her own and we can't even hold a full conversation with her.

[quote name='DestroVega']all this has taught me iPod touches should not be $500[/QUOTE]

Excellent point...I totally forgot about their pricing structure. Makes you wonder what they'll do with the next iPhone.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I have an iphone, this tablet does everything my iphone does, except bigger. So I personally don't see the need for one.[/QUOTE]

Truth.

Outside of iWorks, there is *0* reason to get an iPad if you own an iPhone.

Well, unless you want to give AT&T more moniez.

And did they even establish that textbooks would show up in their bookstore?

I need a new phone...someone sell me on why I need an iPhone? Or Droid (besides that the name is licensed by Lucasfilm, LTD.) or Pre?

FWIW, I am replacing this:

OldPhoneNOKIA51652.jpg

Damn, I feel old...

What a disappointing event, I was hoping for at least some news that didnt pertain to the iPad.

Good news is that I was able to score a CE of Mass Effect 2 at a Target! Now I gotta figure out what to do with the regular version I got from Amazon.

[quote name='manthing']Outside of iWorks, there is *0* reason to get an iPad if you own an iPhone.

And did they even establish that textbooks would show up in their bookstore?[/QUOTE]

While it is small and portable, it won't fit in a pocket and it can't replace your phone, so I can't see the need to pay $25 a month for the AT&T 3G model.

[quote name='Number83']I need a new phone...someone sell me on why I need an iPhone? Or Droid (besides that the name is licensed by Lucasfilm, LTD.) or Pre?

FWIW, I am replacing this:

OldPhoneNOKIA51652.jpg

Damn, I feel old...[/QUOTE]

#1: You are a scary-ass old man.

#2 Do you even know who provides service, let alone decent service, in your area? Or are you still convinced cellular phone service is 'magic'?

If the 3g model was somehow tied in with the iPhone 3g service(so I don't essentially pay twice for the same service.) I might of consider the 3g model.

[quote name='manthing']#1: You are a scary-ass old man.

#2 Do you even know who provides service, let alone decent service, in your area? Or are you still convinced cellular phone service is 'magic'?[/QUOTE]

1 - :rofl:

2 - AT&T, Verizon, T-Moble, Sprint, etc...Currently I use AT&T, and I never get a drop. I'm pretty happy with it. I also get a discount at work through AT&T.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']While it is small and portable, it won't fit in a pocket and it can't replace your phone, so I can't see the need to pay $25 a month for the AT&T 3G model.[/QUOTE]

Well paying $165(w/o taxes for month #1 or $401 after 12 months) for the privelege of using AT&T's overtaxed network is terrible

When / how do you get the Mass Effect preorder bonus from Amazon?

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I have an iphone, this tablet does everything my iphone does, except bigger. So I personally don't see the need for one.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='manthing']Outside of iWorks, there is *0* reason to get an iPad if you own an iPhone.

And did they even establish that textbooks would show up in their bookstore?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='corrosivefrost']While it is small and portable, it won't fit in a pocket and it can't replace your phone, so I can't see the need to pay $25 a month for the AT&T 3G model.[/QUOTE]

For someone like me who does not have an iphone/droid and hates her cellphone and already has ATT, it's cheaper to get an iPad with 3G to replace my laptop and blackberry since they're both on their way out and just get a throw-away phone. I asked my mom for a Kindle for my upcoming birthday. I'm a girl, I carry a purse. It takes up less room and weighs less than my laptop which rides in my purse lately. I agree with Apple when they say they think most users will be low-data users. I can see people like me who *might* have 32gigs total on their HDD and basically use a computer for email, basic internet, chatting, and photos/music in a limited capacity switching over. Especially with the keyboard dock, people like my parents would switch over when their computer dies. You're all looking at it from the perspective of a tech nerd. I can see its place for the majority of lower-end and/or traveling business users.

[quote name='Chika']You're all looking at it from the perspective of a tech nerd. I can see its place for the majority of lower-end and/or traveling business users.[/QUOTE]

No, I don't.

You can get a lower-end notebook every other weekend @ BB for -$200+. I can get a netbook with a larger screen for >$100 less anyday of the week. Both machines can do more than the iPad.

Plus, both of the above machines will include a power adapter that's longer than 4 ft. :roll:

There has been no mention of the ability to play HD vids. Plus with no native Flash, there is no hope for it either.

This machine is for people who might want a Kindle, but want internet as well.

This thing is DOA* until the first refresh in

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back